Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for not revealing my financial liabilities to my wife?

quote:

I run a successful business, but I never discuss my finances and business with anybody. I've always been that way right from the beginning. I just don't like to mix work with family and friends.

So, when wife and I were dating, neither of us brought up that topic, and she wasn't interested anyway. After we got married, she concentrated on raising our children and nothing else. I take full responsibilities of our household finances, so she leaves that work to me.

Now, my business has some liabilities to a tune of low 8 figures. Regular payments are being made on time to clear the debt, plus assets are greater than liabilities, so there is nothing to worry about.

Last week, I sold one of my old vacant property to clear a bit of business debt, and I informed my wife the same before doing so. She then casually asked me how much debt we are in, and I told her that she doesn't need to know because that's not her responsibility, but she was adamant that she needed to know. She feared that I was hiding things from her.

I told her that she doesn't need to worry about our finances as long as I'm putting food on the table, and she freaked the gently caress out and started to cry.

This is the reason I don't mix work with family.

She calls me an rear end in a top hat for putting our family in jeopardy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

A mere 10 million dollars of debt. A trifle really

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Piell posted:

AITA for not revealing my financial liabilities to my wife?
...plus assets are greater than liabilities...

Uh huh, okay, how much greater?

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

Wow there's so much to unpack in this one. Honestly reads like Jack could be Neurodiverse. The rest of the family might actually be helping him in his own way that the stepmother isn't seeing, if he's doing alright with solitary accomplishments, but she's not wrong to want an eye on everyone getting breathing room for development of their own and avoiding codependence at 17.

Yeah this one has a lot going on. It definitely sounds like Jack could be neurodivergent, but she also has a point that his family's coping mechanisms might end up being more harmful in the long run especially if the other twin is planning on going to college or moving out at some point. On the other hand, it also sounds like she's kind of jealous about the dead mom or at least the way the kids regard her in comparison to how they see her. And that she and her son are not getting the attention and respect they deserve as the new mother/brother. And then the thing with Jack actually being pretty successful and good at stuff, but they're more solitary things which don't count as much I guess?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you have 8 figures of assets and debts your business should be structured so you aren't personally liable. If you *are* personally liable for business debts she's right to freak out

Also maybe if you sit your wife down and give her a full financial picture instead of going all "don't you worry your pretty little head" she won't freak out just because the numbers are large

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

therattle posted:

He doesn’t mention needing the money (which I imagine he would have if it was the case) and she left her wallet at home. She transgressed a boundary but with good intent. He acted like an rear end in a top hat.

Don't buy people gifts with their own money. Especially don't take their money without permission to do it.

I've got a question. If she had to go out to get the food, how could she not have gone out to GET HER WALLET and then the food?

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

The secret is that the guy "owns his own business" and really it's just a Public Storage franchise he owns to front his LuLaRoe diamond tier sales line, which is how he got into eight figures of debt.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

haveblue posted:

Also maybe if you sit your wife down and give her a full financial picture instead of going all "don't you worry your pretty little head" she won't freak out just because the numbers are large

I think the chances are good that this guy's business isn't as successful as he says and he's hiding it from his wife.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

haveblue posted:

If you have 8 figures of assets and debts your business should be structured so you aren't personally liable. If you *are* personally liable for business debts she's right to freak out

Yeah, he's 100% YTA here for not addressing the question of how it might affect their household finances. The key part is that he says they never talked about money while dating and he alone has handled all household finances.

Her question about "how much debt are we in" isn't about XYZ Incorporated; she's really asking whether they personally are in any debt and whether the family is in deep poo poo.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Any time someone is supposed to be on your "team" and won't discuss finances with you on any level-- they're not actually on your team at all.

Learned that the hard way through neglectful parents.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
She's asking how much debt they're in and he's telling her it's an amount that people would kill her children for.

So she's going to be concerned.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I mean it is more likely than not that a business with $10m+ net assets will have some sort of borrowing going on.

It's not usual for it all to be in the owner's name though!

Also given this guy had some 'spare property' sitting around to dispose of, I bet he's a residential landlord. gently caress him.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
does anyone have that "high earner, not rich yet" gif where everyone gets sentenced to death by guillotine? thar post makes me think of that gif for some reason

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Chloe Jessica posted:

does anyone have that "high earner, not rich yet" gif where everyone gets sentenced to death by guillotine? thar post makes me think of that gif for some reason

I had forgotten about this gif

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Midnight Voyager posted:

I've got a question. If she had to go out to get the food, how could she not have gone out to GET HER WALLET and then the food?

She was staying at his place and apparently had left her wallet at her place. No information on why she didn't go to her place to get her wallet though.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

mind the walrus posted:

Autistic here-- this dude is an immature prick and his roommate is accommodating to the point of being enabling. Germaphobia isn't even an Autism-specific thing for gently caress's sake.

My last roommate would fry garlic directly below my bedroom at 2300 hours while I was sleeping and respond to my requests to not have my room smell like a Chinese restaurant overnight with "lol it's my house I'm going to do what I want." They turned the house into a literal workshop with drill presses and employees working around the clock for their online store. More than once I woke up to the kitchen covered in epoxy supplies airing out, blocking the stove and sink. This went on for months. When I'd batch cook once a week for eight full days for 3 hours on a Sunday, my roommate would literally get in my way and say "Oh but when you do this it's ok?"

And I ate poo poo and picked my battles, keeping my dog and property safe, until I could move out at the first opportunity. Because even though I'm leftist as gently caress and have a sensory processing condition that actually does need accommodation, I also didn't grow up in a loving bubble and was taught at-length how little the world is obligated to give a gently caress.

You don't have to tough out everything, but that dude still has a bad case of "protagonist syndrome."
You know how occasionally in these more personal threads a goon will share a story like it's normal and all the other goons just kinda sit and stare with their mouths agape because what you shared was terrible and something no human should have to put up with but they just blurted it out with the casualness of "Yesterday I stubbed my toe"?

Yeah.....

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Midnight Voyager posted:

Don't buy people gifts with their own money. Especially don't take their money without permission to do it.

I'm not defending her, but she could live far away enough that it just wasn't a consideration in her mind.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for refusing to take in my ex’s purebred dog, resulting in the dog going to the pound and getting adopted out almost immediately?

quote:

In the final 2 months of our 3 year but quickly dissolving relationship, my ex bought a 2 month old purebred Labrador retriever puppy to the tune of $1200.

For the sake of clarity, we both knew our relationship was in the end stages but neither of us were ready to deal the final break. We talked about the dog and I was fine with it, but she would pay for it and everything associated with it was in her name. We also had 3 cats that I adopted from the local APL, they were all in my name and I paid for their care and so on. Tl;dr: dog was hers, cats were mine.

The cats were absolutely terrified of the dog which hastened the end of our relationship, the cats came with me and moved out. Overall amicable separation, but we did not keep in contact. I never asked about the dog, nor did she about my cats.

Two years later, she gets in touch with me and asks me to take in “our dog” for “some time”. She was moving in with her boyfriend, who I had since learned she had been seeing before we broke up, and his apartment didn’t allow pets. She asked that I take care of “our dog” until they bought a house together.

I said no. She asked why, I said I didn’t want to. She tried to talk about how I cared for the dog and that he was part of my family too, etc etc. Look, I liked the dog well enough and was more than happy to take care of him while I lived with her, but I don’t want a dog for any amount of time. I have 4 cats now, my own house, an unpredictable work schedule, and no desire for a dog and the increased responsibility that comes with one. I told her to look for long term boarding kennels, she said she would never.

Eventually, she straight up begged me saying they were going to buy a home ASAP but how long I was to look after him could anywhere from a week to a few months.

I said no, final answer. She blocked me and I went about my life. A few days ago she unblocked me and unleashed a textual barrage to the effect that I had gotten her dog taken away from her and I owed her the price she paid for him. Apparently she surrendered him to the local APL, believing they would just hold him for her.

Anyway, the dog was adopted out very quickly and unsurprisingly. A well mannered purebred dog at the local APL? Few and far between. Why she didn’t, you know, board him somewhere is a great question. Like I said I suggested it, but I’m also the devil so she disregarded it immediately.

Some of my family who knew her while we were together think I’m TA. Am I?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Can't provide advice, drowning under avalanche of cats OP is onboarding

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Nae posted:

Uh huh, okay, how much greater?

And whose valuation? Because I would be amazed if this guy had any rationale for saying he has more assets than debt beyond "I paid more for these assets than the debt I'm currently carrying :downs:"

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
my roommates (a married couple) have four dogs and three cats

they're all pretty chill, low-maintenance pets, and i love animals, so it's not an issue for me, but still. that's a lot of goddamn mammal in this house.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Piell posted:

AITA for refusing to take in my ex’s purebred dog, resulting in the dog going to the pound and getting adopted out almost immediately?

The classic mistake of valuing dick over dog. She obviously couldn't have loved him that much.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

AITA for shutting down access to my property and lakefront?
https://rareddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/qee65h/aita_for_shutting_down_access_to_my_property_and/

quote:

Background: I recently purchased several acres of wooded property, a good portion of which juts out into a rather large lake. My little peninsula gives me some great lakefront, there’s a smallish strip of “beach,” a dock and a few boat slips. Because of the woods surrounding the lake, I’m the only lot for several miles that has access to the water without going bushwhacking through the trees.

Apparently, over the years my neighbors have gotten used to taking their boats down my driveway to launch, or going and spending time on the beach. I bought the place over the holidays and just recently moved in at the beginning of the summer, and before anyone introduced themselves to me I was met with a regular stream of traffic cutting through my lot to the water.

At first I thought it was because I purchased the property and didn’t move in the right away, that everyone just assumed the house and land was vacant and could take advantage until that changed. So, I started walking out when I saw people and letting them know that I lived there now, and also making a point to make it obvious the house was lived in. Not much changed so I got blunt and started asking people directly not to trespass on the property.

I wish I could say my direct approach solved the problem, but people would still trek right through. I put up a fence, and put up a sign stating “private property” as well as a sign letting folks know that my dogs were on the property. Once I put the fence up I started allowing them (the dogs) to roam the property and didn’t want any trouble.

Unfortunately, my neighbors took the fence and the dogs, despite the fact I owned the dogs well before moving to this lot, as an act of aggression. I had a neighbor come to my door and literally yell at me because my dogs barked at her kids when they tried to pull their raft up onto my beach. That same neighbor advised me that my lot has always been the neighborhood entrance to the lake. Apparently, a number of the neighbors built the fire pit and put the tables and rocks and park like features out there.

In chatting with a couple of the friends I’ve managed to make in my new neighborhood, they confirmed that what the neighbor said was true, that my property has always been more of a park than a private lot.

Anyway, while I feel bad that the convenience of nearby lake access has been cut off, I live by myself and I’m personally not comfortable with anyone and everyone just traipsing through my yard. On one hand, I feel like it’s absolutely my decision to restrict access to my lot but on the other I’m wondering if I’m breaking some sort of unspoken rule of access that was established before I ever got here. Am I the rear end in a top hat for closing off my property?

ETA: I’m not asking for legal advice, I have a lovely attorney and I’m well within my rights to close down access to the property. There is no easement and I own the shoreline.

ETA 2: the neighbors took me letting the dogs out on the property as a sign of aggression, they didn’t literally take my dogs. As the dogs are a pair of Malinois, good luck taking them someplace they don’t want to go.

ETA 3: The lake has two public parks, complete with boat launches and docks that are open for anyone’s use. The nearest of which is a few miles down the road from my property. If a person were wanting to launch a boat, it would take about 15 minutes longer to do so by going to the public launch versus down my driveway.

ETA 4: I’ll post my more comprehensive plan as an update later as a few people have requested, but this last update is going up to give you guys a thank you for all of your comments and a quick insight as to what’s rattling around in my brain after reading them.

I still feel like my decision to shut down access through my yard and driveway is the correct way to do things. If there’s a particular reason my lot should be used, I’ll leave it open to one-on-one discussions. There’s an intercom by the front gate now, I’m going to modify it to a video system that I can respond to from my phone, not just from within the house.

As for the waterfront, there’s no fence on the water obviously but there are signs alerting folks to the presence of the dogs. I really took to heart the comments about restricting access to the beach area, and I genuinely don’t like the idea of doing that completely, so I’m working out a plan that will allow boaters to pull up and enjoy the waterfront without compromising my privacy, their or my dogs’ safety. I’m sure some type of landscaping could be devised to make it clear where it’s okay to pull up and have lunch and where my expected privacy begins. Thanks again guys, I’m very glad I was pointed in your direction (even though I think the friend who suggested I post here may actually have been kidding… 😂)

On one hand if someone drowns or gets injured, he's probably liable. On the other hand gently caress this guy, let people enjoy the got dang lake! Splish sploosh!

AITA for insisting my brother’s girlfriend proves she’s pregnant or she has to move out?
https://rareddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/prvv8r/aita_for_insisting_my_brothers_girlfriend_proves/

quote:

My (f20) brother (24) has been on and off with his girlfriend (27) for a couple of years now. It’s been the same song and dance, they’re happy for a few weeks, then something small happens, they argue, it gets really nasty, and they make up and back to a loving couple. When i learned my brother got kicked out of his apartment and needed a place to stay i offered him the extra room in my apartment and my brother agreed to pay rent, help with bills, and pitch in with food.

For three months now, she’s been announcing she’s pregnant. She alone will eat a snack box with 50 small bags of chips in a week. i tried to reason with her and get her to cut back (not only from overeating but she was running us low on food) but she insists she and the baby are healthy and it’s just cravings blah blah blah.

Since last month, most of what my parents sends to my house (my mom is a couponer so she bulk shops and give away what she has too much of) my brother’s girlfriend is the first to get into it and a large portion of it is gone by a few days to a week. From a 24 case of monster (the energy drink if you’re not familiar) 8 will be gone in a week from just her.

She eats a hell of a lot of food too, most of which no pregnant woman should be consuming so much of and yes i know all pregnancies are different but words can’t explain how much she eats in one sitting.

So, today i had seen her drinking coffee and after her 2nd cup i asked her if she should be drinking so much and she said her doctor told her it was fine and she had no worries. When i suggested she take on a healthier diet for the baby she just scoffed and walked out.

I went and asked my brother if he’s been to any of her doctor appointments or even seen a positive pregnancy test and he said he didn’t. I confronted her about it and she said she didn’t have to prove anything and started to get defensive. I told her she needed to show a test or some proof of going to the doctor or she needs to move out as she doesn’t help at all.

My brother started defending her and changed his answer from not seeing any proof to seeing her pregnancy test. My parents got word of what i said and my mom says i was in no place to say anything and every woman’s body is different and i wouldn’t know since i’ve never been pregnant. AITA?

Edit: i did talk to her a while ago about getting a job as well as helping out financially and she said she’d start and never has.

Right so based on majority of the comments i overstepped yes but i’m going to go with my gut on this one and give them their 30 days notice and call it a day.

I’ll for sure update you guys in a month (when they’re to be gone) and let you all (who’s interested) know what’s happened by then!

I keep repeating myself let me add my brother knows everything i’ve said (the excessive caffeine, no ultrasound etc). Yes my brother still buys her tampons monthly and i know this because he goes with me when i buy mine. No i was not faking concern by the coffee comment. She drinks 2 cups of coffee a day along with a monster that’s a ton of caffeine.

UPDATE: AITA for insisting my brother’s girlfriend proves she’s pregnant or she has to move out?
https://rareddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/qbxz93/update_aita_for_insisting_my_brothers_girlfriend/

quote:

Ok so i gave my brother and his girlfriend the 30 days notice and they were to leave this Friday but as of last Friday, i have my place to myself again.

Basically they fed me a bunch of lies since i gave them the 30 days notice. First, it was “she cant get an appointment or an ultrasound because of all of the covid patients”. Then, brother’s gf shows me a sonogram picture from her phone (that i later found on google images). I asked why it was on her phone she said it was emailed to her after her doctors appointment (that she couldn’t get?)

Then my brother brought home baby clothes last week (to sell the lie i guess?) but they weren’t clothes for a newborn, It was a lot of 9-12mo and 2t. When i asked him why none were proper clothes for newborns he said “so he can grow into them” (was told she was pregnant with a girl)

I didn’t bother to ask anymore questions because i knew it was going to be lies on top of lies. Then Friday, i got home to them arguing and at each other’s throats. Eventually i called the cops because they weren’t letting up. At this point they both had come clean with the “truth”.

Brother’s “truth”: His Gf is the reason he was kicked out of his place then she needed a place to stay because her parents kicked her out so she forced him to let her stay in my house by faking being pregnant . He said after the first month he knew she wasn’t pregnant because she got her period but she forced him to keep up the lie so i’d let her stay.

GF’s “truth”: Brother invited her to stay at my place and to make sure i wouldn’t say no he told her to fake a pregnancy and i’d be sympathetic (won’t go into detail but i’m 100% certain that part she said was true) and i wouldn’t question her using tampons as he’ll make up a lie for her. She said he told her to eat up all of the food because it’ll make it all seem legit.

So, that’s about all, i’m still unsure who’s telling the truth but they both got all of their belongings and went their own way (i assume) so it’s not my problem anymore.

AITA for telling my mom if she gets rid of my cat I’m flushing her mom’s ashes down the toilet?
https://rareddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/qd4tqj/aita_for_telling_my_mom_if_she_gets_rid_of_my_cat/

quote:

My (16M) dad recently passed away and he left behind a cat named Luna that both me and my dad loved, but my mom did not like Luna due to her not being able to get along with her + being more of a dog person. Luna has a similar personality to my dad and I hold her very dear to my heart, she’s my best friend and helped me when I was struggling with my mental health, and we also have papers from my doctor saying she’s an ESA.

Well, my mom recently went on her facebook announcing she wants to give Luna a “new loving home”. When we have plenty of money and resources to take care of her. I told her to take down the offer for Luna, that she is happy with me and does not need to go to another home. My mom said she’s tired of Luna and “wants to get rid of the reminders of my dad”. I told her if she gets rid of Luna I’m flushing her mom’s ashes down the toilet. My mom said things among the lines of “don’t you dare” and said she can do as she pleases with “her” cat. I told her if she can do as she pleases with my cat, I can do as I please with my grandma. She said that wasn’t reasonable.

EDIT: I just want to mention that my mom was not a good person to my dad during their marriage, and I believe my dad was considering divorce for about a month. I also suspected my mom was cheating on my dad and told my dad of such, but I don’t think she was ever caught in the act. My dad also had a very suspicious death, he died in his sleep while having no major conditions that would make him more susceptible to this cause of death.

Posting this one because the kid is badass and the comments immediately devolve into poop knife. Did y'all know human ashes condense into a brick after a while? Color me surprised.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Chloe Jessica posted:

AITA for not changing the way I kiss my cat to accomodate for my housemate’s autism
He then said that he wouldn’t be able to kiss her for a while because of it and implied that I was being ableist.
This is a nice little buried lede where the germaphobe casually admits they regularly kiss the cat.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

This is a nice little buried lede where the germaphobe casually admits they regularly kiss the cat.

I was thinking about how people kiss cats the other day. I brought my cat to the vet a couple of months ago and one of the vet techs was playing with my cat and kissed the cat. Now I have no problem with anyone kissing my cat but it was there and then that I realized that kissing other people's cats might be weird. I also realized that I may have inadvertently kissed other people's cats and they may have thought of me as weird, though I can't recall any specific incident. weird.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

value-brand cereal posted:

AITA for shutting down access to my property and lakefront?
https://rareddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/qee65h/aita_for_shutting_down_access_to_my_property_and/

On one hand if someone drowns or gets injured, he's probably liable. On the other hand gently caress this guy, let people enjoy the got dang lake! Splish sploosh!

"Well shoot, <previous owner> didn't tell me any of that when I bought the place, I guess he was afraid he'd get less money or something. This is well past my comfort level for the property use, we'll have to figure out some way to make it work. I'd appreciate your help in letting the other neighbors know I got blindsided here and am figuring out what to do,"

Turn the "mean new neighbor" story into "last guy ripped everyone off."

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Of course. They’re not a monster. You can resist those big eyes and that three line mouth and those triangle ears?

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

value-brand cereal posted:

it seems like he's trying to do just that from the update, though? he also said he never wanted to restrict people from the beach or lake in the first place, they're just mad because it's less convenient now.

otoh someone who can afford lakefront property is probably the rear end in a top hat on principle

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

It says right in the post that there's public access areas 15 minutes away.

This sounds very much like a "the place was abandoned forever, so people decided it was community property" situation.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Tarkus posted:

I also realized that I may have inadvertently kissed other people's cats and they may have thought of me as weird, though I can't recall any specific incident. weird.

I always ask, though it's not to be polite; it's to avoid being hosed up by a cat.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

The classic mistake of valuing dick over dog. She obviously couldn't have loved him that much.

Note that she's mostly concerned about the value. She was always planning on turning her request into a demand for $1200, however OP responded.

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010
Riparian law is crazy and varies state by state so hopefully he actually has a competent lawyer and surveyor who knows their poo poo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tarkus posted:

I was thinking about how people kiss cats the other day. I brought my cat to the vet a couple of months ago and one of the vet techs was playing with my cat and kissed the cat. Now I have no problem with anyone kissing my cat but it was there and then that I realized that kissing other people's cats might be weird. I also realized that I may have inadvertently kissed other people's cats and they may have thought of me as weird, though I can't recall any specific incident. weird.

I hope you bought those cats dinner first, at least

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
When I walk up to my cat sometimes she dips her head so I can kiss her right between her little baby ears.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

BlancoNino posted:

Riparian law is crazy and varies state by state so hopefully he actually has a competent lawyer and surveyor who knows their poo poo
Sounds like there is a public access to the water elsewhere. If the law is on his side (regarding easements etc - apparently in some places simply allowing others to use it is enough to lose exclusive rights?) , he's only an rear end in a top hat if he actually knew it was being used. The previous owner is the rear end in a top hat for not disclosing it.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

Note that she's mostly concerned about the value. She was always planning on turning her request into a demand for $1200, however OP responded.

now you have me wondering if there wasn't something medically wrong with the dog and she wanted OP to take it in and have it die on him so she could demand the money

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

AceClown posted:

now you have me wondering if there wasn't something medically wrong with the dog and she wanted OP to take it in and have it die on him so she could demand the money

Might've just been a desperate attempt to salvage the relationship by adding a new pet for them to bond with. People will end having actual kids in situations like that too.

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010

PancakeTransmission posted:

Sounds like there is a public access to the water elsewhere. If the law is on his side (regarding easements etc - apparently in some places simply allowing others to use it is enough to lose exclusive rights?) , he's only an rear end in a top hat if he actually knew it was being used. The previous owner is the rear end in a top hat for not disclosing it.

Yeah right of way can be acquired kind like squatters rights even if there is public access nearby. I know where I live all you need to go through private property is to have a fishing rod with you and to stay between high/low tide lines. He's not the rear end in a top hat but might be poo poo out of luck.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Tarkus posted:

Excellent av + post combo here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

BlancoNino posted:

Yeah right of way can be acquired kind like squatters rights even if there is public access nearby. I know where I live all you need to go through private property is to have a fishing rod with you and to stay between high/low tide lines. He's not the rear end in a top hat but might be poo poo out of luck.
Welcome to all of Florida.

Can't own the ocean you rich beachfront fucks!