Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Want to know about A Certain Couples Weekend?

There's also some Summer Love.

Snooze Cruise posted:

I Love You So Much I Hate You doujin sequel by the author. Requires of course reading the series first of course but its a cute epilogue
There's also a prequal called You Are Always Crafty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Something I been reading and enjoying but keep forgetting to post in the thread
Get Out of My House
Woman gets a job in the behind the scenes of the entertainment industry, as an assistant to a drama director. The director assigns her to babysitting the lead actress, who is a troublemaker and 12 years younger than her. Yadda yadda, they end up living together.

Finally, this is the age gap people actually want... 26 y.o brat who keeps getting embarrassed that she gets turned on by the 38 y.o who calls her cat "her child."
some sex scenes so nsfw. and cw for an abusive side character.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 22, 2021

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Snooze Cruise posted:

Something I been reading and enjoying but keep forgetting to post in the thread
Get Out of My House
Woman gets a job in the behind the scenes of the entertainment industry, as an assistant to a drama director. The director assigns her to babysitting the lead actress, who is a troublemaker and 12 years younger than her. Yadda yadda, they end up living together.

Finally, this is the age gap people actually want... 26 y.o brat who keeps getting embarrassed that she gets turned on by the 38 y.o who calls her cat "her child."
some sex scenes so nsfw. and cw for an abusive side character.

Weird. All the pages look like this for me.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Feliday Melody posted:

Weird. All the pages look like this for me.

Does other stuff on Mangadex work for you?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

kirbysuperstar posted:

Does other stuff on Mangadex work for you?

It works on my work computer. Maybe the site blocks my VPN.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
There's a couple of port/server options you can try in account settings (not reader settings) that might fix that

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Thanks. I'll look into that when I get home

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bringing_a_girl_from_a_mixer_home_ch02
and here is the second half

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

The first half wasn't much but the second half really pulled it together, very cute! I am happy for these ladies

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

LGBT media question. That Netflix show based on Leagues. Does it have actual representation or is it just baiting?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/AnotherElle/status/1427318736600633344

also theyre canonically and explicitly gay yes

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/AnotherElle/status/1427318736600633344

Neat.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Speaking of canonically and explicitly gay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17lgndN4Zvs

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
doing the zoning out the thing twice is pushing it, that is a once a movie a move!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

doing the zoning out the thing twice is pushing it, that is a once a movie a move!
I mean, it's Wifetime - and on top of that, it's a Christmas movie. It's practically written into all scripts by default.

Although it does also unavoidably remind me of Elle Spencers "The Holiday Treatment".

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
https://twitter.com/KodanshaManga/status/1462479326457122817

absolutely stoked that we'll be getting more yuhki kamatani manga (though it's so weird to see them referred to as the "our dreams at dusk" creator, has everyone forgotten the existence of nabari no ou?)

((maybe i am just salty because my fiancee and i first met on a livejournal community for nabari way back in the oughts and seeing good intersex character representation was (and still is) rare as hell and that series still deserves attention and love, but it's fine. here's hoping their later series also get licensed or even scanlated!!!))

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
battan

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
also a good choice, looking forward to picking that up as well.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Endorph posted:

None of this turned out to be even remotely true :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feliday Melody posted:

idk the barometer for 'canonically and explicitly gay' is so arbitrary. it is how i viewed it! they were calling each other cupcake and pushing each other up against walls and poo poo. sorry they didnt turn to the camera and read the wikipedia article about lesbianism

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Feliday Melody posted:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Feliday Melody posted:

What the hell do you need for it to be explicitly gay, them kissing?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Willo567 posted:

Just any official confirmation at all.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
God all I can think about is how people are loving so spoiled.

A woman pushing another woman against a wall and saying "man or woman" would've been anathema 20 years ago and one of them would have been required to be a villain or die on screen because gay people aren't allowed to be happy.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Willo567 posted:

There has to be some spectrum in between subtext and finger banging on the table that can be at least tried out.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feliday Melody posted:

Just any official confirmation at all.
again, what do you want here? what counts as 'official confirmation' is gonna vary from one person to another. having extremely specific standards is just gonna lead to weirdness in the margins. its clear what they're going for and it's clear it's one of the main threads running through the story. 'queerbaiting' is when you give one or two hints or introduce a lesbian side character and then dont follow up on it, kill them off, or have the characters end up in straight relationships. its not, when the gay relationship is one of the primary focuses of the story.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Give me some space, alright. I was just disappointed, that's all. I don't play LoL, but I looked up all the lore and wiki pages and there's just nothing. No one's committed to anything.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the moment i stopped caring about this stuff is when devilman crybaby had two women kiss and say they love each other and run around at night laughing and whooping it up in an expression of pure love and dudes on this forum still went 'this isnt canon' or 'i just read it as strong friendship.' even if you had them have a 73 minute gently caress scene people would still call it noncanon. its not somehow 'more real' based on a weird tiering system. its just two women having romantic tension and talking explicitly about that romantic tension.

this need for explicitness just limits depictions of gay relationships, it doesnt free them. if a guy and a girl had those exact same scenes it'd be ridiculous to say it wasn't an explicit romantic angle.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bro they made half the show about it i think they're committed!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Endorph posted:

again, what do you want here? what counts as 'official confirmation' is gonna vary from one person to another. having extremely specific standards is just gonna lead to weirdness in the margins. its clear what they're going for and it's clear it's one of the main threads running through the story. 'queerbaiting' is when you give one or two hints or introduce a lesbian side character and then dont follow up on it, kill them off, or have the characters end up in straight relationships. its not, when the gay relationship is one of the primary focuses of the story.
This raises the issue of dealing with queerbaiting without running into bi-erasure.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Don't bro me. Just drop it. Kindly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

This raises the issue of dealing with queerbaiting without running into bi-erasure.
queerbaiting isnt real, so its been dealt with.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Endorph posted:

queerbaiting isnt real, so its been dealt with.
Bi-erasure absolute is, though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bi-erasure absolute is, though.
iunno, i think its pretty easy to discern between 'dumb forced straightness' and 'bi rep.' if a characters introduced as gay and then ends the story in a straight relationship that isnt bi rep. i mean some bi people irl do that but when a story introduces a character it tends to emphasize certain things about them to make their character clear. introducing a character in a way that makes it clear they arent questioning at all and then having them veer hard away from that is maybe accurate to some people's experiences but its mostly just lame. versus introducing a character as bi or questioning and then having them end up in a straight relationship. yknow?

not that everyone needs to be tagged as what they are on introduction but to me its fairly clear when something is pushing a certain angle hard and then intentionally goes away from it for whatever reason, versus being an earnest exploration of questioning or bisexuality.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Endorph posted:

the moment i stopped caring about this stuff is when devilman crybaby had two women kiss and say they love each other and run around at night laughing and whooping it up in an expression of pure love and dudes on this forum still went 'this isnt canon' or 'i just read it as strong friendship.' even if you had them have a 73 minute gently caress scene people would still call it noncanon. its not somehow 'more real' based on a weird tiering system. its just two women having romantic tension and talking explicitly about that romantic tension.

this need for explicitness just limits depictions of gay relationships, it doesnt free them. if a guy and a girl had those exact same scenes it'd be ridiculous to say it wasn't an explicit romantic angle.

To be honest I don't even care if they never kiss - as long as two guys/girls look to be very close I consider them to be in love. LIke Estelle and Rita in Vesperia never outright say they love each other, but the ship tease makes me think that they would absolutely get together, especially when they were considering raising a drat baby together if they couldn't find the parents.

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 24, 2021

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
On it's own, it's fine, but it's one work among many that are determined to do everything they can to avoid having a woman call someone her girlfirend, or a man his boyfriend.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Elfface posted:

On it's own, it's fine, but it's one work among many that are determined to do everything they can to avoid having a woman call someone her girlfirend, or a man his boyfriend.
and frankly, its ftw and based. pogchamp, as it were

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Endorph posted:

iunno, i think its pretty easy to discern between 'dumb forced straightness' and 'bi rep.' if a characters introduced as gay and then ends the story in a straight relationship that isnt bi rep. i mean some bi people irl do that but when a story introduces a character it tends to emphasize certain things about them to make their character clear. introducing a character in a way that makes it clear they arent questioning at all and then having them veer hard away from that is maybe accurate to some people's experiences but its mostly just lame. versus introducing a character as bi or questioning and then having them end up in a straight relationship. yknow?

not that everyone needs to be tagged as what they are on introduction but to me its fairly clear when something is pushing a certain angle hard and then intentionally goes away from it for whatever reason, versus being an earnest exploration of questioning or bisexuality.
I don't really care whether a bi character ends up in a relationship with someone of their own gender or not, so long as the character acknowledges at the end that they're still bisexual - all too often it's way more a situation where they've found "the one" and suddenly it's no longer important whether they previously identified as bisexual.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Endorph posted:

and frankly, its ftw and based. pogchamp, as it were
This sentence made me feel so old, because I'm just utterly incapable of parsing it. orz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I don't really care whether a bi character ends up in a relationship with someone of their own gender or not, so long as the character acknowledges at the end that they're still bisexual - all too often it's way more a situation where they've found "the one" and suddenly it's no longer important whether they previously identified as bisexual.
yeah i think we're coming at this from slightly different angles but its basically the same feeling i have - forget the name of it but thinking of that one manga where a lesbian character had a big, cool speech about gender, how people perceive her, and then she winds up with a random lame dude at the end and her sexuality is not acknowledged at all in the final chapter. lol