Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I don't see how the interpretation caused such a big derail, it seems pretty harmless?

harmless, yes, and also very dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Looper posted:

the author is cool and the art is nice, as far as video game webcomics go it's pretty good!

i'm sure it's a great comic!!! i just wanted to get the joke. and then nitpick some stupid details because it's funny to me

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Commander Keene posted:

Welcome to Bioware Morality. From what I've seen of Dragon Age and Mass Effect, I don't think they've gotten any better at it over the years.

Supposedly Mass Effect morality is supposed to be about choosing how far you will go to save the galaxy, but it still feels more like you can just be a bastard a lot.

But they tried to tone it back I guess.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

John Wick of Dogs posted:

KOTOR is hilariously simple by modern standards but still quite good. This is a good port.

would you recommend it to someone who has never played the game before

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Your Computer posted:

I’d wait for the remake personally.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The remake isn't on the switch, making it objectively inferior

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

flavor.flv posted:

It will be on the switch pro though.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

flavor.flv posted:

case closed

(also who isn't wary of remakes now after all of the recent fiascos)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Your Computer posted:

Yes. You can have the combat always in real time, or pause at the start, and allow you to pick every character's moves like a traditional Bioware rpg.

Also it loads fast because ssd and old graphics, and kotor has a LOT of loading zones.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Your Computer posted:

case closed

(also who isn't wary of remakes now after all of the recent fiascos)

It sounds like it's gonna be an actual remake from the ground up like FF7Remake or Trials of Mana rather than a no effort mobile port like the GTA "Definitive" Trilogy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
My SMTV: Fall of Man Edition finally arrived in the mail and it's actually really cool; The bag's a little small than I expected (it's about big enough for a good-sized water bottle and a few other sundries), but the two-disc soundtrack has 25 tracks on one of the CD so it might actually be the full game soundtrack (Haven't played yet) and the other disc is a 10-track selection of theme and battle music from SMT I-IV and even a track from SMT if (The "Karakozaka High School Anthem - Archrival (Akira's Chapter)" track specifically, if that means anything to someone who's played it).

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Is Minecraft on Switch worth it for a kid who is slowly getting into it?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I'm looking SMTV a lot so far even though I've barely gotten anywhere. The economy is really tough at the start, I hope I get more macca soon.

Also the Mitama, is there any trick toward knowing their element? Or is it a complete guess. I guess there are the items that tell you the weakness and then I could pass and swap out what I need to kill one.

Sell relics, the items you get from vending machines. That's your early cash injection.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Darth TNT posted:

Is Minecraft on Switch worth it for a kid who is slowly getting into it?

Yes, absolutely.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

pixaal posted:

Sell relics, the items you get from vending machines. That's your early cash injection.

And don't forget that the vending machines "respawn" fairly quickly so you can run through and farm relics if you need to.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I see they're sticking with the SMT4 method of getting money, relic runs.

Y'know, other than paralyzing and then mugging demons.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Dec 22, 2021

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

KOTOR is hilariously simple by modern standards but still quite good. This is a good port.

I love how dumb and basic the alignment system is.

"You saved my life! I don't have much but I'd like you to have this!"

- I can't take anything of yours. In fact take 500 credits (light side)
- Thank you very much. Stay safe. (Neutral)
- This isn't nearly enough! I'll kill you myself!!!!! (Dark side)

out of everything in Witcher 3, i always liked that they felt the need to spell out for new players that it's OK to ask for money for killing monsters if that's literally your profession

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Feels Villeneuve posted:

out of everything in Witcher 3, i always liked that they felt the need to spell out for new players that it's OK to ask for money for killing monsters if that's literally your profession

That's the funny thing in Kotor. I'm not really gonna go around asking for money for doing good deeds but if someone offers it without prompt it's actually loving rude to not take a reward IMO.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

At least in Kotor no matter how stupid a darkside choice was, I could justify it to myself as getting me those sweet sweet darkside points, and I like to think that applied to all Sith. Malek glassing a planet for absolutely no practical purpose? Just imagine all those points he's getting.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I did it to see the look on that wookie's face

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

I'm looking SMTV a lot so far even though I've barely gotten anywhere. The economy is really tough at the start, I hope I get more macca soon.

Also the Mitama, is there any trick toward knowing their element? Or is it a complete guess. I guess there are the items that tell you the weakness and then I could pass and swap out what I need to kill one.

Either take your chance using a hit-all item on 4 of them or use a spyglass and then delay until someone with that element can attack, or that your MC can use an element item. Even a single mitama gives more macca than both items cost.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

And then eventually you unlock the Miracle that lets demons use items and it becomes even easier to wipe groups of them out.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm assuming you still have the need to change the water levels, ergo thanks I (still would) hate it.

Easily equipping the boots would definitely help, though.

You'd probably still hate it, but the 3DS version also marks which passages lead to water level change panels, and what water level they correspond to.

So... quite a bit better, but the dungeon overall still sucks, ngl.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Water Temple is fine never understood the hate

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I get lost in the Water Temple pretty easy but my actual problem with it is that I hate having to pause, flip over to inventory screen, move cursor to Iron Boots, press A, unpause, walk for ten seconds, pause, flip over to inventory screen, move cursor to Iron Boots, press A, unpause, repeat for A Long Time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

How can link carry iron boots but not have it affect his buoyancy when not wearing them

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Your Computer posted:

Oh yeah. 20 years old so a bit dated but was one of the best RPGs ever at the time of release, in terms of story and content and world building. And it's $15 which is a fair price. The things like the morality choices being so blatant are more charming and quaint than anything else, and if you like Star Wars at all it's full of great Star Wars stuff.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

How can link carry iron boots but not have it affect his buoyancy when not wearing them

He has an extra dimensional sack. Also he has a bag of holding

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Did Sonic Colors Ultimate get patched to something acceptable, or no?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He has the Universal Protagonist Powers: extradimensional pockets, hypermetabolism (eat to heal), and of course instant reincarnation.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

nemesis_hub posted:

Does GameStop still do that thing where they for some reason open games and still sell them as “new”?
They sell games as "new" that don't even have cases.

A while back I bought the Resident Evil Triple Pack on sale for $40, which I think was the lowest it had been on sale at the time but it's been on sale for that pretty regularly since. Anyways, I bought it from GameStop online as "new" and when I received it, it came in one of their generic replacement cases. The thinking is that it was a gutted store copy and the case walked off while sitting on the shelf. I suppose it was "new" in that the cartridge hadn't been played and (more importantly) the RE5/RE6 eShop codes were still valid and I sold them on SA-Mart. But otherwise not new by any reasonable definition.

I won't purchase from GameStop online anymore. I've had good experiences with the stores themselves and you at least know what you're paying for.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm having an issue with my Switch that's scaring me a little. Since today every time I load SMTV undocked the Switch suddenly starts rumbling and making a lot of noise for quite some time. Is that just the game overclocking the Switch so it can load everything or is it an actual problem with the fans? It only happens inmediately after starting and then stops after a bit but it never did that before even with SMTV.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lmao what? I’ve had my switch for 3-4 years and it has never “made a noise” lol

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
It sounds like the bearings have gone bad in the fan.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

He has an extra dimensional sack. Also he has a bag of holding

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

hatty posted:

The Water Temple is fine never understood the hate

RE: Game crashing after update? Help!
"Works fine for me"

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I'm having an issue with my Switch that's scaring me a little. Since today every time I load SMTV undocked the Switch suddenly starts rumbling and making a lot of noise for quite some time. Is that just the game overclocking the Switch so it can load everything or is it an actual problem with the fans? It only happens inmediately after starting and then stops after a bit but it never did that before even with SMTV.

My switch also makes fan noises sometimes. Launch model