Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

joe football posted:

Do they actually care about the pandemic or just think it's gross to touch things a lot of other people have touched? I've met a lot of people like that prior to the pandemic

I have seen literally zero people do this pre-pandemic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Revisit that chart in a month or so I reckon.

two months or so imo

That will give it time to reflect holiday travel and resulting spread, plus schools starting back next year.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Related to this, I think a lot of stress comes from the strange belief that vaccines would mean the end of everything by December, when it's been known for ages that this was always going to take years to resolve, even with a non-waning vaccine. I would actually liken this to an almost capitalistic craving of short-term results. Too bad the results in this case are of actual importance.

I was remembering fondly the other day when the Australian PM gave his first big serious press conference in mid-March 2020 to announce restrictions like "no gatherings of more than 100 people" and people were freaking out that he said they might have to be in place for "up to six months"... lol

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

This went viral on Twitter yesterday - a Wired prediction from the 90s about what might actually make the near future go haywire - and it's like depressingly 9/10 accurate.

https://twitter.com/hieronymus_burp/status/1461782628223365128

And there's people of course pointing out that COVID has killed many orders of magnitude less than that, but what's funny about it is that I guess what nobody really anticipated - maybe epidemiologists and public health planners would've, but not the ordinary person on the street - was that it wasn't the virus itself that affected most people, but the disruption and containment measures necessary to even somewhat control it.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

When Wired says something is going to happen, it's not going to happen.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

freebooter posted:

And there's people of course pointing out that COVID has killed many orders of magnitude less than that, but what's funny about it is that I guess what nobody really anticipated - maybe epidemiologists and public health planners would've, but not the ordinary person on the street - was that it wasn't the virus itself that affected most people, but the disruption and containment measures necessary to even somewhat control it.

For me at least, the larger question looming over the pandemic is: what about the next one? It's inevitable that we'll get other zoonotic disease outbreaks in our lifetime.

What did we learn from this one and how can we prepare for the next?

Will people be more or less willing to take measures needed to prevent worldwide spread? I mean, I'll single you out because you're in Australia and I'm curious--if this repeats again in 10, 20 years do you think the population (broadly) will be willing to take the same steps?

edit: my sense is that people who took COVID-19 seriously will be willing to do so with the next pandemic, maybe even moreso. The people that blew it off and did absolutely nothing (here in the US) will mostly be unwilling to take the needed containment steps in the future.

Fritz the Horse fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 22, 2021

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

We're hitting weekly peaks of 1.9-2k deaths in a single day again, and those are going up too. The average is going to be pulled upwards quickly in the next week.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

freebooter posted:

This went viral on Twitter yesterday - a Wired prediction from the 90s about what might actually make the near future go haywire - and it's like depressingly 9/10 accurate.

I would like to see what happened in the alt-universe where the autism/vaccine fraudster never blew up and the supplement/right wing grift industry didn't astroturf the gently caress out of anti-vax poo poo. :smith:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Fritz the Horse posted:

For me at least, the larger question looming over the pandemic is: what about the next one? It's inevitable that we'll get other zoonotic disease outbreaks in our lifetime.

What did we learn from this one and how can we prepare for the next?

Will people be more or less willing to take measures needed to prevent worldwide spread? I mean, I'll single you out because you're in Australia and I'm curious--if this repeats again in 10, 20 years do you think the population (broadly) will be willing to take the same steps?

edit: my sense is that people who took COVID-19 seriously will be willing to do so with the next pandemic, maybe even moreso. The people that blew it off and did absolutely nothing (here in the US) will mostly be unwilling to take the needed containment steps in the future.

The 'next' one is going to be an even more transmissible delta variant, perhaps with definitive evasion of our current vaccine antibodies. This is no time to get complacent with the current coronavirus pandemic.

If delta doubles in transmissibility, like it did in the jump from alpha and alpha did in the jump from ancestral strain, then COVID-19 will be perhaps the most dangerous air spread virus known in the world. With a hypothetical R value of 12-16 and its incredibly fast replication time that would make it functionally unstoppable with current vaccines (or perhaps any immunity, it would dominate a healthy immune system with frightening speed).

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Fritz the Horse posted:

I think so, yeah, especially if it's after a few years and lockdown fatigue has worn off.

The actions that have been taken have been broadly popular as measured by polls and election results. McGowan in WA had a massive win built on shutting down borders as hard and fast as possible. Andrews in Vic is still popular and his handling of the pandemic rates well even after months and months of lockdown. Same goes for most other leaders, though the situation in NSW is harder to measure thanks to unrelated corruption.

Vaccination rates are high too, with the biggest problem at the moment being complacency in states who haven't seen outbreaks. The antivax movement is visible and noisy but with ~95% of the eligible adult population getting one jab (and 90% getting both) in the two big states it's safe to say it doesn't represent a significant portion of the population. We haven't really had to deal with boosters yet because most of us have only been vaxxed for a few months.

The big problem (especially in the short term) would be if the Federal Government decided against throwing money at the problem. The Federal Coalition had to be dragged to doing it in 2020, stalled even more in 2021, and I have no idea how they'd handle an autumn/winter 2022 outbreak (partly because of the timing of the next election which is probably in May).

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Nov 22, 2021

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

People talking about covid not killing hundreds of millions of people like it's over and not just simmering waiting for vaccines to continue to lose efficacy and people to stop giving any fucks at all about controlling it is quite something.

I don't know what the "end" number is going to be but covid is going to kill some number of people every day for the rest of time.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Fritz the Horse posted:

100%, because we actually got good outcomes from it in terms of preserving both life and freedom from restrictions. If anything we'd do it earlier: close the borders earlier, implement hard mandatory quarantine earlier, build dedicated quarantine facilities earlier.

Only Victorians like me would have to stop and consider whether we personally would've been better off to spend 2020/21 in (say) London or Melbourne, because we had repeated quarantine failures and racked up so much cumulative time in lockdown. And even then it's a toss-up, because when we weren't in lockdown we were living COVID-free instead of Risk Assessment Russian Roulette. When COVID-zero worked, it was pretty good!

But if you live in Western Australia or Queensland or Tasmania or South Australia or the Northern Territory, it's not even up for question. You've been living in a COVID-zero state the entire pandemic. Never even mind the lives preserved: most people are very strongly in favour of just not having to gently caress around with masks and capacity restrictions and QR check-ins and worrying about whether it's safe to visit their elderly parents.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Thanks, that's kind of my hunch as well: regions that took aggressive measures to combat spread and saw results will be more willing to invest in planning/preparation for future pandemics and have a populace quick to respond and accept quarantine, masking, distancing etc.

I am rather pessimistic about many parts of the US (and Brazil, Russia, other places that didn't take strong action). My own state did absolutely fuckall and literally one out of every 400 people has died from COVID but a majority of the population think that's fine and dandy and ~freedom~ so I don't anticipate the next pandemic in a decade or two being any better.

edit: and of course the best option is a massive investment in the relevant scientific fields so we can monitor viruses in the wild and have better understanding of what's floating out there and could potentially cause a pandemic.

Fritz the Horse fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Nov 22, 2021

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Is there anything that could be done in the education system to at least try to make young people more aware of the science and the methods needed to control a pandemic so we could get better outcomes in the future? When I asked a few Americans they said they received very little education about vaccines in general. If you have had a good experience learning about vaccines in public school, do share.

Maybe I’m really naive

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Fritz the Horse posted:

Thanks, that's kind of my hunch as well: regions that took aggressive measures to combat spread and saw results will be more willing to invest in planning/preparation for future pandemics and have a populace quick to respond and accept quarantine, masking, distancing etc.

The thing is I easily could have seen widespread right-wing/populist kickback happening here if it had gone the other way - we're already seeing it a tiny bit with the anti-vax/freedom cohort re: vaccine certificates etc - and a lot of it really came down to just having a good early result during what was a very unprecedented and scary time in March/April 2020, which conditioned the population on what to demand/expect of your leaders for the rest of the pandemic. The whole point of the closed border with quarantine for incoming travellers was that it enabled a status quo which meant nobody had to bother with the other poo poo (offer may not be valid in all states) even while we saw death tolls surging and restrictions becoming commonplace in the rest of the world. People complained a bit about not being able to go on holiday overseas (and it was obviously a bigger deal for people with family overseas) but at the end of the day most Australians understand and accept that it was an either/or proposition between that, and being able to go to the pub and the footy and the weekend down the coast and your elderly dad's home without ever worrying about a thing.

That was something at the time I found puzzling in both MAGA-ruled America and recently-Brexited Britain: isolation and fear of foreigners was in vogue. Would the average MAGA CHUD in Alabama or gammon in Yorkshire have kicked up a stink if the head of state had announced "America/Britain is closing its borders?" Would they kick up a stink in 2025 if some hyper-contagious Ebola variant suddenly emerged in Africa?

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

mawarannahr posted:

Is there anything that could be done in the education system to at least try to make young people more aware of the science and the methods needed to control a pandemic so we could get better outcomes in the future? When I asked a few Americans they said they received very little education about vaccines in general. If you have had a good experience learning about vaccines in public school, do share.

Maybe I’m really naive

Public education in America is locally controlled. Which is why you have all the news stories about dipshits screaming at their school boards about mask mandates and critical race theory or w/e. That structure makes it hard to establish a curriculum like you describe: the deep-red areas which reject pandemic precautions are going to loudly object to any inclusion of epidemiology and vaccine science in their schools.

freebooter posted:

That was something at the time I found puzzling in both MAGA-ruled America and recently-Brexited Britain: isolation and fear of foreigners was in vogue. Would the average MAGA CHUD in Alabama or gammon in Yorkshire have kicked up a stink if the head of state had announced "America/Britain is closing its borders?" Would they kick up a stink in 2025 if some hyper-contagious Ebola variant suddenly emerged in Africa?

I suspect part of the issue here is immigration vs. international travel and trade.

While many right-wingers in the US would love to deploy the military to our southern border to halt the flow of brown-skinned refugees prevent cross-border spread of COVID (this actually happened to a limited extent), there's not much appetite to halt international shipping, trade, etc.

You can see this with our current supply-chain shortages that are driving up prices and reducing availability of goods. While the proto-fascists like the idea of closing borders to prevent the wrong people from coming in, they very much do not want borders and international travel restricted for trade, commerce, vacation and so on.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

freebooter posted:

The thing is I easily could have seen widespread right-wing/populist kickback happening here if it had gone the other way - we're already seeing it a tiny bit with the anti-vax/freedom cohort re: vaccine certificates etc - and a lot of it really came down to just having a good early result during what was a very unprecedented and scary time in March/April 2020, which conditioned the population on what to demand/expect of your leaders for the rest of the pandemic. The whole point of the closed border with quarantine for incoming travellers was that it enabled a status quo which meant nobody had to bother with the other poo poo (offer may not be valid in all states) even while we saw death tolls surging and restrictions becoming commonplace in the rest of the world. People complained a bit about not being able to go on holiday overseas (and it was obviously a bigger deal for people with family overseas) but at the end of the day most Australians understand and accept that it was an either/or proposition between that, and being able to go to the pub and the footy and the weekend down the coast and your elderly dad's home without ever worrying about a thing.

A US response like that probably would have been too slow to make a difference anyway. It doesn't matter if you seal off from the rest of the world if you don't do the basics to prevent it from raging within your borders.

I've posted about this before, but I still think Trump played a unique, singlehanded role in making Covid as bad as it has been for the entire world. Yeah, not everything that has gone wrong is his fault, and if he had behaved differently then he, uh, wouldn't be Trump. But I think there was a window of opportunity where he could have framed the pandemic differently, called for something like the PATRIOT Act (with all the downsides of it) and gotten it quickly passed, done a lot of the fashy stuff that Republicans dream about, and led other countries to do the same. Then he would have cruised to electoral victory, and we'd be hosed in a lot of interesting new ways.

That ship has sailed, though, obviously. A Democratic president could never have pulled it off, and now it's been so politicized that even a Republican president wouldn't be able to.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

freebooter posted:

Most of that stuff is basically just predicting that what was already happening would continue. Weak imo.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

mod sassinator posted:

The 'next' one is going to be an even more transmissible delta variant, perhaps with definitive evasion of our current vaccine antibodies. This is no time to get complacent with the current coronavirus pandemic.

If delta doubles in transmissibility, like it did in the jump from alpha and alpha did in the jump from ancestral strain, then COVID-19 will be perhaps the most dangerous air spread virus known in the world. With a hypothetical R value of 12-16 and its incredibly fast replication time that would make it functionally unstoppable with current vaccines (or perhaps any immunity, it would dominate a healthy immune system with frightening speed).

Virus fan fiction. Based on nothing.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Fallom posted:

Most of that stuff is basically just predicting that what was already happening would continue. Weak imo.

Number 2 is especially bad. "You think your new gadget is great and will revolutionize the world? Well, what if it's not!?"

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

mod sassinator posted:

We're hitting weekly peaks of 1.9-2k deaths in a single day again

Not to be a broken record, but "are we"? The last day that reached 1.9-2k was over a month ago.

It really seems like every single post you make you make sure to include several wholly fabricated statistics, where are you getting any of these things you say?

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Gio posted:

Second—there are hundreds of fully vaccinated people dying daily and some people in this thread’s unwillingness to acknowledge that and paint this as a “Pandemic of the Unvaccinated” is truly frustrating.

There are five times as many people dying of nephritis every day compared to breakthrough covid deaths. 85% of people who die from covid while vaccinated are over the age of 65. These people are more likely to die of a dozen other medical problems before they can get covid. They are 9x more likely to die of diabetes, 12x Alzheimers, 15x stroke.

The ~10,000 breakthrough covid deaths this year does not enter the top 15 causes of death in the United States. Compared to covid with unvaccinated people, for whom Covid is the third leading cause of death.

More unvaccinated people under 40 have died from Covid compared to all vaccinated people combined. It is the #1 cause of death for unvaccinated people between 34-54 years old.

Xombie fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Nov 22, 2021

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Not to be a broken record, but "are we"? The last day that reached 1.9-2k was over a month ago.

It really seems like every single post you make you make sure to include several wholly fabricated statistics, where are you getting any of these things you say?

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1461148387143729155

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1459345747644665861

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Xombie posted:

There are five times as many people dying of nephritis every day compared to breakthrough covid deaths. 85% of people who die from covid while vaccinated are over the age of 65. These people are more likely to die of a dozen other medical problems before they can get covid. They are 9x more likely to die of diabetes, 12x Alzheimers, 15x stroke.

The ~10,000 breakthrough covid deaths this year does not enter the top 15 causes of death in the United States. Compared to covid with unvaccinated people, for whom Covid is the third leading cause of death.

More unvaccinated people under 40 have died from Covid compared to all vaccinated people combined. It is the #1 cause of death for unvaccinated people between 34-54 years old.

And your point?

COVID in 2021 has now eclipsed the total number of COVID deaths in 2020, and we haven't even hit the worst of the coming winter surge. Last winter the surge pushed covid up into the number one killer of all Americans, beating out heart disease. It's on track to do it again. Trying to minimize COVID right now is incredibly silly.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

mod sassinator posted:

And your point?

COVID in 2021 has now eclipsed the total number of COVID deaths in 2020, and we haven't even hit the worst of the coming winter surge. Last winter the surge pushed covid up into the number one killer of all Americans, beating out heart disease. It's on track to do it again. Trying to minimize COVID right now is incredibly silly.

It's not "minimizing covid" to point out that the only people dying en masse are unvaccinated. If we could achieve full vaccination and make covid deaths a footnote compared to cancer and heart disease, wouldn't that in and of itself be a good thing?

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

mod sassinator posted:

And your point?

All the words that I said, in response to the words that I was quoting to respond to.

quote:

I don't understand how you think this is a rebuttal to my post, unless you simply didn't read my post.

Covid is not the "number one killer of Americans" who are vaccinated. It is not even the top 15 killer of Americans who are vaccinated. Literally all of this is in the post I made that you quoted.

I was explicitly responding to someone talking about "hundreds of fully vaccinated people dying daily", as no such thing exists.

Xombie fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 22, 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If anything else were killing one hundred Americans per day, it would be a big deal, but because it’s a minor fraction of pandemic that everyone is already tired of, it’s not.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Professor Beetus posted:

It's not "minimizing covid" to point out that the only people dying en masse are unvaccinated. If we could achieve full vaccination and make covid deaths a footnote compared to cancer and heart disease, wouldn't that in and of itself be a good thing?

Vaccinated people are dying too, 42% of deaths in King County, WA, are vaccinated for example: https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19/data/vaccination-outcomes.aspx

At no point should anyone feel like the pandemic is over for the vaccinated, if for no other reason than they are still capable of getting infected and spreading to others.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Xombie posted:

All the words that I said, in response to the words that I was quoting to respond to.

I don't understand how you think this is a rebuttal to my post, unless you simply didn't read my post.

Covid is not the "number one killer of Americans" who are vaccinated. It is not even the top 15 killer of Americans who are vaccinated. Literally all of this is in the post I made that you quoted.

I was explicitly responding to someone talking about "hundreds of fully vaccinated people dying daily", as no such thing exists.

Hi, you're still in the worst pandemic in history and should act accordingly. The pandemic is not over for you or anyone else vaccinated or not.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Platystemon posted:

If anything else were killing one hundred Americans per day, it would be a big deal, but because it’s a minor fraction of pandemic that everyone is already tired of, it’s not.

Falling off of a roof kills 100 Americans every day.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

mod sassinator posted:

Hi, you're still in the worst pandemic in history and should act accordingly. The pandemic is not over for you or anyone else vaccinated or not.

This, like your other post, does not actually respond to a single thing I said.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Xombie posted:

Roofing isn't an air spread disease.

And remember whatever number you're trying to minimize covid to right now is with stats taken while most people are still isolating, masking and taking other precautions. Those numbers will not hold if everyone just goes back to 2019 life again. Remember when we all fooled ourselves into thinking the vaccines were 99% perfect at stopping spread, and then masks came off and oopsie that 99% was really when we all wore masks.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

mod sassinator posted:

I don't want to downplay COVID, but in what way does it even come close to the worst pandemic in history? By absolute number of deaths it's not even the worst currently active pandemic.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Xombie posted:

This, like your other post, does not actually respond to a single thing I said.

Whether you want to hear it or not, the pandemic is not over for you.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

enki42 posted:

I don't want to downplay COVID, but in what way does it even come close to the worst pandemic in history? By absolute number of deaths it's not even the worst currently active pandemic.

We are on track to lose a million Americans in two years. That's well beyond absolute deaths of 1918 flu (600k-ish over about 5 years), and on track to exceed it in per capita too. We'll probably see 3-5 million deaths total over about 5 years--that has been my stance since last year (it's a simple 1.5% CFR times our total population).

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

mod sassinator posted:

Roofing isn't an air spread disease.

This also isn't a rebuttal to anything I said.

quote:

And remember whatever number you're trying to minimize covid to right now is with stats taken while most people are still isolating, masking and taking other precautions. Those numbers will not hold if everyone just goes back to 2019 life again. Remember when we all fooled ourselves into thinking the vaccines were 99% perfect at stopping spread, and then masks came off and oopsie that 99% was really when we all wore masks.

I still do not understand which part of what I said that you think this is a response to. I did not say a single thing about "going back to 2019 life again".

mod sassinator posted:

Serious question: did you mean to respond to someone else?

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

mod sassinator posted:

literally nobody itt is saying the pandemic is over

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

mod sassinator posted:

We are on track to lose a million Americans in two years. That's well beyond absolute deaths of 1918 flu (600k-ish), and on track to exceed it in per capita too. We'll probably see 3-5 million deaths total over about 5 years--that has been my stance since last year (it's a simple 1.5% CFR times our total population).

The US is not the only country in the world. Most countries don't have a deaths per 100K approaching the United States, or nearly the proportion of people who have been infected so far. Also there's pretty much zero chance the CFR for a fully vaccinated person is 1.5% (particularly if your definition of 'fully vaccinated' includes up to date boosters), so there's no reason to think that total deaths won't fall significantly short of that, even if you assume that every vaccinated person will still contract COVID.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Xombie posted:

That’s just straight‐up not true.

There aren’t that many occupational fatalities per day, period. It’s not even close.

quote:

The 5,333 fatal occupational injuries in 2019 represents the largest annual number since 2007.

People can fall off roofs on their own time, but they’re not doing it at anywhere near the rate you imagine.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Xombie posted:

This also isn't a rebuttal to anything I said.

I still do not understand which part of what I said that you think this is a response to. I did not say a single thing about "going back to 2019 life again".

You're responding to and attempting to refute this assertion:

quote:

Second—there are hundreds of fully vaccinated people dying daily and some people in this thread’s unwillingness to acknowledge that and paint this as a “Pandemic of the Unvaccinated” is truly frustrating.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=519447081

We are telling you, no this is a pandemic for everyone right now. No one can stop acting or pretending they aren't under threat of a deadly air spread disease. No one can go back to 2019 life where we didn't have constant fear of airborne death and disease in every public place.