Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

TheRat posted:

They very much did not want conte

even funnier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Karl Sharks posted:

even funnier

Nah, conte is mourinho on steroids. They went down that path before and dont want it again, and I fully agree.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Who's the next shiny hotshot manager from Germany, they tend to do alright

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Who's the next shiny hotshot manager from Germany, they tend to do alright

It was nagelsmann but he got poached by bayern

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

TheRat posted:

They very much did not want conte
Makes sense since Carrick was available.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

TheRat posted:

Nah, conte is mourinho on steroids. They went down that path before and dont want it again, and I fully agree.

yeah, he's won more recently, including last year lol

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

*crashes into thread* Has anyone said NOLEmber?

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

They just announced an exclusive Ole interview conducted by pooshited's in-house channel, MUTV or somesuch, and I'll be damned if that doesn't just perfectly encapsulate all that's wrong in what the club gives a drat about.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

mila kunis posted:

Ole's sacking is terrible news....for Chelsea :D :D

my rage is immeasurable and my day is ruined

you won't get the full BBC experience though unless four other people quote you and then repeat the same joke almost word-for-word

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Ronaldo managed Portugal in that Euro final after he got injured. More trophies than Ole in less than 90 minutes. He's already on the payroll too. It's only until the end of the season.

Ronald and that moth as his assistant :getin:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I can’t believe they made ole do a fuckin cringe exit interview, what a bunch of cunts lol

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

paddyboat posted:

I can’t believe they made ole do a fuckin cringe exit interview, what a bunch of cunts lol

It's gonna come out in someone's ill-advised biography that Ole requested it and then was too embarrassed to tell everyone he changed his mind when it was time to do it

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

pik_d posted:

It's gonna come out in someone's ill-advised biography that Ole requested it and then was too embarrassed to tell everyone he changed his mind when it was time to do it

he does love to play the innocent lad who just loves the game

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Appointing a temporary coach while you look for an interim manager before hiring a permanent manager over the summer is amazing. Wasn't ole an interim manager originally?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Appointing a temporary coach while you look for an interim manager before hiring a permanent manager over the summer is amazing. Wasn't ole an interim manager originally?

Yes and was appointed permanently after a new manager bounce akin to someone hurling a dense rubber ball at the surface of the moon and that in turn meaning Ed "Edward" Woodwardwardward didn't have to think too hard about a long term strategy or real appointment.

Everything about United is just fluff and "remember the SAF years? Busby Babes? phwoar" now.

To the point I'd be half tempted to bet they bring Sheringham in as the next guy. Since he got the equalizer.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Yes and was appointed permanently after a new manager bounce akin to someone hurling a dense rubber ball at the surface of the moon and that in turn meaning Ed "Edward" Woodwardwardward didn't have to think too hard about a long term strategy or real appointment.

Everything about United is just fluff and "remember the SAF years? Busby Babes? phwoar" now.

To the point I'd be half tempted to bet they bring Sheringham in as the next guy. Since he got the equalizer.

honestly think bringing sheringham in first was their mistake. can't have the winner without the equalizer. let's sort out the order of operations here and ole will do better in his second stint

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Sheringham/Cole co-managers imo

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
the way clubs/players are managed by their PR/marketing teams these days is disgusting

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
they are totally owned. and they may scream "im not owned! im not owned!" occasionally, but they are

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

The rules should be changed. If a team has a manager like Ole then they should be forced to play with him for all 38 matches. Otherwise it distorts the competition.

What I'm saying is, Ole's sacking is terrible news....for Chelsea

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Rodri’s goal today was 2018-Pavard level.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

The rules should be changed. If a team has a manager like Ole then they should be forced to play with him for all 38 matches. Otherwise it distorts the competition.

What I'm saying is, Ole's sacking is terrible news....for Chelsea

Transfer window for managers

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sebzilla posted:

:yeah:

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
It’ll somehow be more insanely stupid and they’ll hire Roy Keane to shout at some foreign fancy dans till the end of the season

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

sebzilla posted:

this is a genius idea

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

sebzilla posted:

Yes.

That said, Ole helped make the rope that hung him. You can't try and switch to controlled possession based football when your heart of midfield is still McFred. He tried to make an evolution without the transfers needed for it. It was a weird blind spot especially when it seemed to persist to the City match. He had a template for beating Pep and he tossed it out the window.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

It’ll somehow be more insanely stupid and they’ll hire Roy Keane to shout at some foreign fancy dans till the end of the season

I've seen posters on redcafe who unironically want this to happen

and he'll, I'm one of them

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Oh noted deep lying playmaker/defensive midfielder Donny Van de Beek?

Were United ever tied to a deep-lying playmaker or defensive midfielder during the Ole years? It has seemed like such a massive obvious gap but I can't recall any big saga over one. The handwringing over Fernandes, Sancho and Maguire shows that the club will go through a hell of a lot of crap if they really value a player. Has there just been a dearth of good CMs on the market the past couple of seasons?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Yes.

That said, Ole helped make the rope that hung him. You can't try and switch to controlled possession based football when your heart of midfield is still McFred. He tried to make an evolution without the transfers needed for it. It was a weird blind spot especially when it seemed to persist to the City match. He had a template for beating Pep and he tossed it out the window.

I almost watched some “ole tactics” youtubes yesterday because I honestly had no idea wtf he was doing but then I came to my senses and went for a bike ride. thanks for clearing this up for me and also lmao that he was trying to pepball it

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i hear phil neville is the toast of miami

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

paddyboat posted:

I almost watched some … youtubes … but then I came to my senses and went for a bike ride.

an excellent idea friend

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eric Cantonese posted:

Were United ever tied to a deep-lying playmaker or defensive midfielder during the Ole years? It has seemed like such a massive obvious gap but I can't recall any big saga over one. The handwringing over Fernandes, Sancho and Maguire shows that the club will go through a hell of a lot of crap if they really value a player. Has there just been a dearth of good CMs on the market the past couple of seasons?

They were linked to Declan Rice repeatedly, but apparently he was too expensive

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/unluckyfootie/status/1462691497044844548/photo/1

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

TheRat posted:

They were linked to Declan Rice repeatedly, but apparently he was too expensive

This is the club that paid 80m for Harry Maguire, Declan Rice would be a bargain at 250m on that scale.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

gafferumours:

- Zinedine Zidane does not want to be manager and is waiting for the France job to open up

- Mauricio Pochettino does want to be manager to the extent that he may immediately resign from a job where he's managing Messi and Neymar in order to manage Harry Maguire

- Steve Bruce, who definitely retired last month because the Newcastle job was too demanding, would apparently take the United job if it was offered, and thinks he'd do well at it

this is where I need someone to stop me and explain, Father Dougal-style, the difference between things that I want to happen because they are objectively good ideas and things that I want to happen because they are quite funny

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
the poch rumor is gary neville

e: to this point, i wish fergie's boy would gently caress off from the pundit class. it's allowing pooshited to tap up without actually doing it.

Blinkz0rz fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Nov 22, 2021

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Is it just me or has the shine worn off Poch? Things didn’t go well in his last stretch at spurs, and he managed to lose a one horse race in Ligue 1 last year. Not exactly inspiring stuff.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Getting my Dulux catalogue out to try and work out the exact colour of ronaldos face if they told him they're getting Steve Bruce in til the end of the season

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

blue footed boobie posted:

Is it just me or has the shine worn off Poch? Things didn’t go well in his last stretch at spurs, and he managed to lose a one horse race in Ligue 1 last year. Not exactly inspiring stuff.

He never really had any shine to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

TheRat posted:

He never really had any shine to begin with.

He got spurs to a CL final and regularly got them in the top 4