Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

World of Tanks is devoting an entire update to reworking a single map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

How does that saying go?

Progress is progress?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

listen a small indie company like wging that makes barely a few bucks every year has to be careful with how they devote their time

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Which map?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Berlin.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Are they adding the road movie?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Has anything fun been added to this game in the last three months?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Nope.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Okay good I can continue not playing despite WG's efforts to make me buy stupid poo poo.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

I do love the Type 62.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Has anything fun been added to this game in the last three years?

nope

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Didn't think so. I can barely drag myself into platooning this loving game at weekends anymore, never mind attempting any solo poo poo. We have about four games, they're all 4-5-6 blowouts where we're the poo poo-tier vehicles that can't do anything, and the next half-hour is a miserable thirty minutes of asking ourselves just what the gently caress we were thinking when we booted the game.

:thumbsup:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I've been soloing tier 6 premiums to get the battle pass points and it's super chill and easy to get purple stats (>3k wn8 at 60% win rate).

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

McGavin posted:

I've been soloing tier 6 premiums to get the battle pass points and it's super chill and easy to get purple stats (>3k wn8 at 60% win rate).

Tried it. Oh how I have tried it. EU server just isn't rewarding, or fun, or relaxing, or anything positive some 90% of the time. At all. It's an absolute hellhole of whales and idiots who invariably populate the +2 tiers over ten game streaks for some loving inexplicable reason. You either watch your side crush the enemy within two minutes as you stare blindly into the distance having somehow selected the empty flank from the beginning yet again, or your team gets loving destroyed within two minutes, leaving you to throw grains of rice at some impenetrable top-tier bullshit napkin premium/reward as your crew hurriedly passes around the emergency bleach ration to try and avoid being part of the inevitable OHK.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

That sucks. I rarely see tier 8 when I'm playing tier 6 on NA. I see tier 7 more often, but tier 7 tanks are pretty much all trash.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Tier VII is one of my favourite tiers to gently caress around in when the matchmaker fails and instead does a good thing to create a single-tier battle. Tiger I, IS-2, T29, KV-13, Comet, Panther... all that good stuff. Tier VII is genuinely good (and dare I say balanced?) within itself for the most part, but then it's immediately rendered loving useless the moment Tier VIII shows up, because Tier VIII is loving broken and loaded with imba premiums and all that other stupid loving horseshit.

Tier IX?

Back to garage.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I am assuming you left off the Black Prince by mistake.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

...maybe.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Tier VII is one of my favourite tiers to gently caress around in when the matchmaker fails and instead does a good thing to create a single-tier battle. Tiger I, IS-2, T29, KV-13, Comet, Panther... all that good stuff. Tier VII is genuinely good (and dare I say balanced?) within itself for the most part, but then it's immediately rendered loving useless the moment Tier VIII shows up, because Tier VIII is loving broken and loaded with imba premiums and all that other stupid loving horseshit.

Tier IX?

Back to garage.

That is why tier 9 is the best tier.

Also, I was just reminded of this gem while watching a video from a youtuber named Josh Strife Hayes. I was linked to him in the new world threads where he has moved from a "interesting game" at beta to "holy crap, how are the devs this bad" as of late. He does mmos in general and released a video yesterday about pay to win. I just happened to switch to the screen to see him scrolling a gamasutra headline from gdc in 2013. Wargaming proclaiming they were kicking pay to win to the curb in all their existing and future products.
See the article here:
https://www.gamedeveloper.com/business/wargaming-kicks-pay-to-win-monetization-to-the-curb

8 years has changed the company a lot since then.....

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/6073466#siegfried_line-mariuslecter-lekpz_m_41_90_mm

Did pretty good in a rental M41 90 Rental ust trying to get the available games done to Remove the thing from my garage.

Final game.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I finally get a Daily Deal that I don't have already and it's the loving Awful Panther.

Did they leak a dump of what offers are possible so I can skip this poo poo the next time around?

I suppose I can't complain TOO much, my free Black Friday WoWS (a game I no longer play but keep installed just to collect the free poo poo WG still gives away for it) container had the T8 Black Nazi Aircraft Carrier in it. :shrug:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

So far I've got ones for the SU-85I, Awful Panther, and the tier 6 Swedish autoloader.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

So far I've got ones for the SU-85I, Awful Panther, and the tier 6 Swedish autoloader.

It's amazing how many people still think the SU-85i is the SU-76i and get all :swoon: when they see it.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I already have the 76I and I almost did that.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
is the CS 53 LIS good? It's been a while since I played, but I have a bit of gold left on my account and one of my daily deals is it and some fluff for 11k gold.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, it's pretty decent for a non-autoloader tier 8 medium.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

My daily deals have loving sucked.

Today I got a deal for the Kranvagn 3D skin which would've been nice but it was force bundled with an UDES 14 Alt 5 3D skin, a tier 3 soviet premium (for reasons) and a bunch of other poo poo for a total of 7500 gold.

No thanks.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Darkrenown posted:

is the CS 53 LIS good? It's been a while since I played, but I have a bit of gold left on my account and one of my daily deals is it and some fluff for 11k gold.

I like it far more than the russian thing they put out afterward.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Darkrenown posted:

Does this answer your question?!

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I guess so! Now I'll play it twice and quit for another 6 months :killdozer:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah the Lis is very good. No real weak points or faults, just a real solid and fun tank. Plus it's got a very cute little fox on the side of the turret which is fun to look at.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Yeah the LIS plays exactly like the T-44-100. The only difference is that it has i think a little less armour but the gun shoots lazers at people.

Its a hidden gem like the 274A Soviet medium i keep harping about.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

This well-deserved reward is a bit of a piss-take, isn't it?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

This well-deserved reward is a bit of a piss-take, isn't it?

For the life of me I can't see the logic (as a beta tester) in not getting 1000 bonds, one piece of improved equipment, and four Universal Manuals.

The Universal Manuals are probably the most valuable to me because they accomplish a miracle - giving you 250,000xp of crew experience you didn't have to suffer grinding out. I mean, hell, even if you average 500-800xp/game, that's nearly *400* games you don't have to play.

I also love that they're such skinflints (almost wrote skin*heads*) that you don't get extra Beta test emblems if you've gotten them before.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 24, 2021

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BIG HEADLINE posted:

For the life of me I can't see the logic (as a beta tester) in not getting 1000 bonds, one piece of improved equipment, and four Universal Manuals.

The Universal Manuals are probably the most valuable to me because they accomplish a miracle - giving you 250,000xp of crew experience you didn't have to suffer grinding out. I mean, hell, even if you average 500-800xp/game, that's nearly *400* games you don't have to play.

And with crew 2.0 (whenever that manages to get done) all that xp will go towards the new system.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I was talking more about the VK28 mit 10,5 being a useless POS, rather than the other stuff, but that's a fair point.

I'll probably throw my tokens at Premium Time and reserves, then not sign in for two weeks.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I was talking more about the VK28 mit 10,5 being a useless POS, rather than the other stuff, but that's a fair point.

I'll probably throw my tokens at Premium Time and reserves, then not sign in for two weeks.

Yeah, it would've been more interesting as a Tier 5 without preferential MM.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It could have been good if they didn't gently caress up HE into uselessness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

McGavin posted:

It could have been good if they didn't gently caress up HE into uselessness.

Give it hesh you cowards!