Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So are the Chiefs SOMEHOW looking like contenders in the AFC after the start they had? Because holy poo poo.

I can totally see the Chiefs making it to another Super Bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Diva Cupcake posted:

https://twitter.com/CEmma670/status/1462822977603612677

This seems like a no-brainer to go back to Dalton. Nagy didn’t want to play Fields to begin with and now he’ll have the build in reason of getting him healthy.

Outside of like one throw where we did a sort of dumb thing Dalton looked like trash. Id stick with Fields unless he is too hurt to play.

The more I think about it the more ok I am with the all-out blitz on 4th and 11. I think it really was decent clock management as what you really dont want in that spot is for them to string together a couple first downs and win the game on a chip shot. The way we did it was go all or nothing and if they score, at least we have time to answer, which we did.

Thats one thing Ive always hated about the general late-game defensive philosophy of just trying to stop the quick score. Because when its like a one score game, thats what you want them to do if they score! Have it be quick so you have time to answer

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 22, 2021

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

If the Seahawks lose Carroll and Wilson this offseason that team is gonna be total dogshit.

Possibly, like, #1 overall pick levels of dogshit

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/MarkSchofield/status/1462813123547697159?t=iRnzC2EZkFsXiIFeyY1oPg&s=19

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Biggest problem is if the Seahawks decide to blow it all up... what exactly are they blowing up?

Wilson's 33, and has a $26m dead cap hit if they trade him.. not the worst, get at least a first for him from the Steelers or whomever.

Bobby Wagner will be 32 next year.... at a position that ages like milk and he's expensive.

Tyler Lockett is 30 and they just signed him to an untradeable extrension, so he's not going anywhere

Not sure what else they're blowing up for pieces, probably just hoping you can build around uh.... DK Metcalf and Jamal Adams?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Jamal Adams sucks and they are bag holding the poo poo out of his contract. They got hosed in that deal really bad

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nodoze posted:

Jamal Adams sucks and they are bag holding the poo poo out of his contract. They got hosed in that deal really bad

Yeah, but they're paying him like a star for the next 3 years, so lol.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I hope Tyron Smith is healthy soon. It seems like every time he gets hurt the o-line goes completely to hell.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

If the Seahawks lose Carroll and Wilson this offseason that team is gonna be total dogshit.

Fun fact: it already is

Clearly something needs to change, we'll see if that means Pete, Russ, or both. I'm rooting to keep Russ but you just never know. Been ten years of winning seasons though so I really can't complain.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Kalli posted:

Yeah, but they're paying him like a star for the next 3 years, so lol.

Yep. RIP

Also I'm pretty sure the Seahawks have also had OL problems for years now. The whole team needs fixing everywhere outside of a couple spots, and if Russ actually does force his way out they are gonna have to put themselves in cap hell and be terrible for a little bit to clean up the mess and start drafting well again

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I'm willing to take that old heap of junk Wilson off your hands in return for a slightly used taysom Hill. You don't even have to thank me, I'll even throw in a tank commander helmet for him to wear.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Nodoze posted:

Yep. RIP

Also I'm pretty sure the Seahawks have also had OL problems for years now. The whole team needs fixing everywhere outside of a couple spots, and if Russ actually does force his way out they are gonna have to put themselves in cap hell and be terrible for a little bit to clean up the mess and start drafting well again

There's no "pretty sure" about the OL. Russ has an issue with holding the ball too long, but the line has been bad for a very long time. RWBS has been the counter to bad protection, but it's not a thing anymore.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

lmao, according to Defector the NFL saw no problem with Heyward throwing a couple of punches into Herbie’s midsection and they’re not going to pursue any sort of punishment at all. What a load of bullshit.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
If we are talking dirty hits (second tweet)

https://twitter.com/royals_jun/status/1462784985228738568?s=21

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Nfl mandates the nanochip and all the sudden every team is garbage frauds full of injuries. It's not a coincidence, wake up sheeple!!!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I don't think enough people talk about how loving awful the Kyle Pitts pick was. Absolutely dire stuff.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

I don't think enough people talk about how loving awful the Kyle Pitts pick was. Absolutely dire stuff.

we just need a tight end

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Pundits anointing Pitts a HoFer before he even took a snap as a rookie is peak NFL draft madness.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Drafting a tight end in the first round when your entire roster is flaming garbage is loving insane. Shoulda drafted mac Jones dumb fuckers.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Kyle Pitts rules but Justin fields should be a falcon right now

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Did he play basketball though?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Asproigerosis posted:

I was thinking about this the other day and a team in that situation had no business drafting a TE. I said the same thing after the draft. A bad, terrible decision.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I guess nobody talks about it because nobody cares about the falcons

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

wandler20 posted:

I was thinking about this the other day and a team in that situation had no business drafting a TE. I said the same thing after the draft. A bad, terrible decision.

It made a little bit of sense at the time if you thought Arthur Smith was going to transform the falcons offense to 2016 falcons. Sure their defense would be rear end but if they could score 40 points a game then it wouldn't matter! Turns out Arthur Smith may be less offensively inclined than Adam gase.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Asproigerosis posted:

I guess nobody talks about it because nobody cares about the falcons

The who?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
like I'd ever forget who the "3" in 28-3 is

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Getting a great talent at any position isn't a bad move at all but there were two pro bowl caliber wide receivers, three pro bowl caliber tackles, two really good corners and two good quarterbacks they could have drafted instead who would make a bigger impact on the roster going forward than a really talented tight end

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

boop the snoot posted:

like I'd ever forget who the "3" in 28-3 is

:hmmyes:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Pitts is amazing, he just got overdrafted because Atlanta wants to pretend they’re right there

How you skip over so many QB prospects or trade down offers Lmaoooo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, the Pitts pick would be lambasted more, but... he looks really good, so whatever, completely wrong tactical choice, but still got a good player.

Of course, 2021 could turn out to be a 2011 caliber draft when all's said and done, hopefully with uh, better results for the other 1st round QB's.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Pitts would look better if Atlantas OL hadn't turned into a turnstile, Ryan is getting killed out there.

e: Atlanta was "in it" like two weeks ago too.

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 22, 2021

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nodoze posted:

Pitts would look better if Atlantas OL hadn't turned into a turnstile, Ryan is getting killed out there.

He looks fine, good even, and there’s literally no pick Atlanta could have made that would have kept the team from looking like trash because of the above, and also the defense being devoid of talent.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He looks fine, good even, and there’s literally no pick Atlanta could have made that would have kept the team from looking like trash because of the above, and also the defense being devoid of talent.

I don't think he's been bad, I just said that because his numbers would look much better if Ryan had more time to throw the ball

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Nodoze posted:

e: Atlanta was "in it" like two weeks ago too.

You know who would've helped that? Penei Sewell or Rashawn Slater.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, grabbed this from a random article about the Falcons, PFF rankings of their OL:

LT: Jake Matthews, 49th of 79
LG: Jaylen Mayfield, 68th of 75
OC: Matt Hennessy, 15th of 39
RG: Chris Lindstrom, 9th of 75
RT: Kaleb McGary, 70th of 79

Seems like you got a few problems there Atlanta.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

wandler20 posted:

You know who would've helped that? Penei Sewell or Rashawn Slater.

Has Sewell been good? I haven't had the opportunity to see a lot of Lions this year

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, he's.... probably the best player on that roster? Which should explain a lot.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Kawalimus posted:

Outside of like one throw where we did a sort of dumb thing Dalton looked like trash. Id stick with Fields unless he is too hurt to play.

The more I think about it the more ok I am with the all-out blitz on 4th and 11. I think it really was decent clock management as what you really dont want in that spot is for them to string together a couple first downs and win the game on a chip shot. The way we did it was go all or nothing and if they score, at least we have time to answer, which we did.

Thats one thing Ive always hated about the general late-game defensive philosophy of just trying to stop the quick score. Because when its like a one score game, thats what you want them to do if they score! Have it be quick so you have time to answer

That's kinda what Minnesota did, intentional or not.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yeah Atlanta was in a terrible position because they should have traded Ryan and started the rebuild.

I think in retrospect you eat Ryan’s contract, try to get something for him from maybe San fran or even New England and just blow it up.

You’d also have to trade Garrett and I’m still not sure why he’s on their roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

can't even imagine how awful ATL would look with Fields back there instead of Ryan right now