Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Last I knew S3 was merely rumored to have been greenlit / some random European Amazon page tweeted that it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Jedit posted:

S3 renewal was confirmed last week, wasn't it?

Not officially by any official outlet. It's been reported by a few different semi reputable sources claiming Czech production contacts.

stramit
Dec 9, 2004
Ask me about making games instead of gains.
I did hear S2-S3 back to back recording. Makes senes if they can just get all the actor parts filmed out asap. Just lock em in Czech for 4 years to film out all 8 seasons and then take the post productions slow. lol.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

stramit posted:

Just lock em in Czech for 4 years

Some of them like Pike relocated their families and moved to Prague. One would think you would have assurances that this isn't gonna be a 1-2 year thing before doing so.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Haha riiiight.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The Wheel Takes episode on the TV show is great. Ally has experience in TV development so they spend like 90 minutes talking about the process of adapting to a TV format and a lot of their spoiler discussion brings up stuff I didn't catch, like the thing about Nynaeves braid and what they might do with the changes to Perrin/Mat. Looking forward to them covering more episodes.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

buffalo all day posted:

thought experiment, what are the 5 moments ppl want to see most (w book number if you know$

I’m thinking (no order)

(1) Dumais wells 6
(2) perrin’s arc in two rivers -> battle of Emonds field 4
(3) rhuidean / glass pillars 4
(4) nynaeve recruiting malkieri to ride with lan 11
(5) nynaeve breaking her block on the ship 7

Any scene involving Verrin.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

i wanna see the scene with the pipe

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I assume they will combine a lot of books 2 and 3.

This is my guess as well. I bet the Falme sky battle will be merged into the Eye of the World scene. Books 2 and 3 do similar things, with 3 sidelining Rand for way too much screen time. And I doubt they’ll introduce the Seanchan in season 2, which would require a lot of reworking of Egwene’s plot.

I liked the first three episodes. One small thing I appreciated was Moiraine’s discussion with Egwene. Egwene immediately switched over to student mode, eager as hell to learn everything. Unlike the boys, she immediately heeds the call to adventure. She’s hungry and I thought the show played it perfectly.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I don't know why but I really want to see the part where Elaida announces to the Caemlyn court that Rand has a heronmark sword and everyone shits themselves in fear

e: also sick Mat beating the poo poo out of Gawyn and Galad with a quarterstaff

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

buffalo all day posted:

thought experiment, what are the 5 moments ppl want to see most (w book number if you know$

I’m thinking (no order)

(1) Dumais wells 6
(2) perrin’s arc in two rivers -> battle of Emonds field 4
(3) rhuidean / glass pillars 4
(4) nynaeve recruiting malkieri to ride with lan 11
(5) nynaeve breaking her block on the ship 7

1) “Raise not the armcry, Wetlander” [earth-shattering kaboom] (Aiel to Mat at Stone)
2) Dumai’s Wells Battle
3) “You can’t bloody have them” (Mat to Gholam)
4) Everything in the Aiel Waste
5) “Someday we will make them pay our price.” (Nyanaeve to Egwene and Elayne after their
6) The Ways

Edit: I’d like to see the Snakes and Foxes but it wouldn’t surprise me if the cut it somehow.

navyjack fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 22, 2021

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Talmanes at Caemlyn.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

1. Rand destroying Natrim's Barrows.
2. Perrin taking on Slayer, both in ToM and AMoL.
3. The meeting at the Field of Merrilor
4. Hinderstap
5. Battle at Lord Algarin's manor (deathgates)
6. Rand faces the Seanchan in Ebou Dar and nukes some of his own guys.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

uPen posted:

Any scene involving Verrin.

But most importantly the beginning and the end of her arc.

“And of course,” Verin said calmly, “the man who channels must be one of the three young men traveling with you, Moiraine.” (2)

and

“Hmm, yes,” Verin said, taking a calm sip of her tea. “I suspect that you do. By the way, that dress you are wearing is green.” (12)

Also:

The Glass Pillars....both Rand's AND Aviendha's. (4 & 13)

Dumai's Wells (6)

Natrim's Barrow (12)

Tuon looked at him, squatting there by the map, moving his fingers over its surface, and suddenly she saw him in a new light. A buffoon? No. A lion stuffed into a horse-stall might look like a peculiar joke, but a lion on the high plains was something very different. Toy was loose on the high plains, now. She felt a chill. What sort of man had she entangled herself with? After all this time, she realized, she had hardly a clue. (11)

“My name is Nynaeve ti al’Meara Mandragoran. The message I want sent is this. My husband rides from World’s End toward Tarwin’s Gap, toward Tarmon Gai’don. Will he ride alone?” (11)

"I win again, Lews Therin." (2)

And so much more. I could keep at this all day, but these are the ones that I feel HAVE to be in there in some fashion.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Data Graham posted:

How about that battle after Loial's wedding (I think?) where he's blasting the oncoming waves of Trollocs with deathgates? I thought that was hilarious and would make some great visuals

It would be cool if they put in little cut aways to a dead, smoking trolloc just landing in some farmers field while he's plowing, then to another somewhere else and so on.

I do want to see Mat beat the princes, Jak o' the Shadows, and Dumai's Wells.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh geez, will they have the scene where LTT is walking around his blood soaked halls laughing and thinking it's a normal day and then Ishamael restores his sanity followed by the breaking?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Intruder posted:

Oh geez, will they have the scene where LTT is walking around his blood soaked halls laughing and thinking it's a normal day and then Ishamael restores his sanity followed by the breaking?

Very likely to be the cold open for the S1 finale

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I thought they were going to use that to introduce Ishamael after it's revealed Rand is the dragon, but apparently that was the bonus content for episode 1.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

jng2058 posted:

“And of course,” Verin said calmly, “the man who channels must be one of the three young men traveling with you, Moiraine.” (2)

i'd forgotten the context for this and lol it's really good

we got some glowing and i hope they further establish that visual language, so it's very clear that both moiraine and siuan are doing roughly the equivalent of suddenly drawing their swords and holding them to her throat

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Nitrousoxide posted:

I want to see the part where Nynaeve laments how violent men are and then boxes someone's ears.

They're required by law to have Nyneave shout, "I'm not shouting." at some point.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

seaborgium posted:

It would be cool if they put in little cut aways to a dead, smoking trolloc just landing in some farmers field while he's plowing, then to another somewhere else and so on.

Only it's just bits and pieces of them, like Dr. Venture's arm at the end of Powerless in the Face of Death

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

buffalo all day posted:

1. Dumai's Wells (book 6)
2. Cleansing Saidin (book 9)
3. Moiraine vs Lanfear (book 5)
4. Portal Stone jaunt (book 2)
5. Bowl of Winds + One Power nuke (book 8)

Edit: Obviously stuff like Mat vs Couladin, the Gholam, etc and some of the other showdowns (Lan vs Demandred, Ingtar's last stand, etc).

It'll be cool if they pull off some of stuff like the attempted assassination on Rand (and his exchange with Taim afterwards), or him and Nynaeve tracking down Grendal, or the confrontation with Fain in Cairhien too.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 22, 2021

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

MajorBonnet posted:

They're required by law to have Nyneave shout, "I'm not shouting." at some point.

"I'm not shouting! I'm not shouting! ...all right, I'm shouting. I'm shouting I'm shouting I'm" *chandelier falls*

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
How about 5 scenes you least want to see adapted?

1. Perrin beats his wife
2. Egwene uses the world of dreams to make Nynaeve uncomfortable
3. Mat gets sexually assaulted
4. Gawyn (his whole storyline)
5. Any/all scenes including spanking or poorly concealed BDSM elements

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Didn't Morgase get the whole Dennis THE IMPLICATION treatment to get her to sleep with Valda? Please leave that out

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

im hoping they do the sea folk justice

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Tolth posted:

How about 5 scenes you least want to see adapted?

Faile. Every scene with her in it. I'm glad they're willing to make major changes because she's terrible in the books.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Faile getting mad at Perrin because he's rejecting Berelain's advances but in the wrong way

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Not only is her entire setup terrible and gross, but his interactions with her depend so much on his inner monologue smelling her emotions there's just no way it survives the adapting.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

CainFortea posted:

Not only is her entire setup terrible and gross, but his interactions with her depend so much on his inner monologue smelling her emotions there's just no way it survives the adapting.

and she's also underage

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

CainFortea posted:

Faile. Every scene with her in it. I'm glad they're willing to make major changes because she's terrible in the books.

I'm hoping he kills her even faster than he did Laila tbh

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

CainFortea posted:

I will say this for the show, it does a really good job of making Perrin and Egwene look cold and miserable when they're trekking across that windswept plain. It's not easy to convey "it is loving cold" without just having snow on the ground, but they did it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ChubbyChecker posted:

and she's also underage

Wait what? I never picked up on that I guess

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Faile is in my top 2 or 3 favorite characters in the book so I hope they adapt her well. She's kind of a dumbass but in a way that leads to some really fun interactions.

Also one of the only POV characters with the correct reaction to Ran

quote:

She's 17 to Perrin's 19 when they meet like Egwene and Elayne.

Zore fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 22, 2021

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Intruder posted:

yeah she was 15 or something

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Intruder posted:

She's like two years younger than Perrin so 16-17 when they meet.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They all start out like 15 except Nynaeve.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Faile is 17 when she meets Perrin.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Well I'm glad everyone's in consensus at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003