Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt was. Good show. It was the saccharine horse poo poo of a feel good Michael Shur comedy but with the dark, ugly grit of Tina Fey’s Northeastern attitudes. It was riotously funny and charming in a way most Netflix shows never even come close. The only other Netflix shows I liked as much were Bojack, Daredevil, and Santa Clarita Diet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked Ellie Kemper for Hellcat because Leth had Patsy be "women in her 30s that still kinda acts like a kid but is sorta trapped in her past and therefor hasn't been able to go beyond that" which Kimmy Schmidt was. Also Ellie Kemper is super cute and real good at comedy.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I've been reading Marvel's Dark Ages miniseries, and in it Quicksilver directly calls Magneto his Father. And I think in the mainline X-books they're doing a thing with killing and resurrecting Wanda as mutant again.

Not saying that this is going to affect the MCU in any way, but with all the multiversal stuff coming soo, I would not be surprised if one of the effects would be bringing the X-men in and retconning Wanda and Pietro into mutants.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Wanda's abilities have already been retconned in the MCU. Used to be she got them from a stone, but now she just had them and the stone made them stronger.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Thundercracker posted:

I had no idea there was a season 3...
I believe it was dumped on Netflix with little fanfare shortly around the time it was announced that there would be no further Marvel stuff on Netflix.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

HardKase posted:

We talking about hulus hit monkey in here?

It's quite entertaining.

I'm biased because I worked on the show, but yeah Hit-monkey rips.

Show is out on Hulu all eps as of last Wednesday.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Vishass posted:

I'm biased because I worked on the show, but yeah Hit-monkey rips.

Show is out on Hulu all eps as of last Wednesday.
Are you still working on Archer

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Are you still working on Archer

I didn't for a season and a half because of Hit-monkey, but probably for at least a little bit in the next few months

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Nice

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I watched episode 1 of Hit Monkey last night and it reminded me so much of Archer that I kept thinking the human guy in the exposition/setup was Archer.

I don't know if that is a good or bad thing yet.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I want to watch Hit Monkey but I guess it's been delayed outside of the US because it's nowhere to be found on Disney+ like everything else that's Hulu exclusive in the US.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Archer was one of those shows where halfway through season 5 I was like “this show is THE BEST! It could go on FOREVER” and halfway through season 6 I was like “wow they really are just running this shot into the ground aren’t they? Boooooring!” and haven’t watched it in like 2-3 years. I still love the cast and the art style, just doesn’t hit the same as it used to and there’s only so much time in the day to watch quality Marvel content like The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Veotax posted:

I want to watch Hit Monkey but I guess it's been delayed outside of the US because it's nowhere to be found on Disney+ like everything else that's Hulu exclusive in the US.

Probably because of the violence and swearing. Doubt Disney wants it on the Disney+ platform.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Veotax posted:

Then just do what everyone else in the world does when US shows get delayed releases or put on streaming services which don't exist in their country.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

swickles posted:

Probably because of the violence and swearing. Doubt Disney wants it on the Disney+ platform.

Disney+ outside the US includes Star, which is where they have all the adult content. It was announced as coming to Disney+ the same week as Hulu so there's definitely something going on.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

swickles posted:

Nah, Disney+ is one of the few times we don't get hosed over internationally when it comes to streaming. Arguably we have it better than the US since they just include all the Hulu stuff instead of separating it out into another service we don't have to pay for.

All kind of stuff on there that's more adult than Disney would normally go for, they even added parental controls that I don't think the US version doesn't have to make up for it.
Even have stuff like the Deadpool movies and Logan.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Then just do what everyone else in the world does when US shows get delayed releases or put on streaming services which don't exist in their country.

Been thinking about looking into that again since Paramount hosed us over with Star Trek Discovery.
Like two days before the advertised start date and like a week after the cast and crew of the show did an international tour to promote season 4 starting, they suddenly announced they had pulled the international rights for the show from Netflix and we have to wait Paramount+ launches some time next year. And that service is only announced to be launching in a few countries, there are some places that were able to watch the show on Netflix before now that are just hosed and not getting the service at all.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

It'll be on stars or Disney plus in non Hulu places, but yes it was delayed in a lot of or all(?) markets outside the US until January.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I finished it last night and hit monkey was solid. Had a few laughs, loved the cameos. I hope they do a session 2

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Apparently the goon who has worked on Archer worked on that show

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Veotax posted:

Nah, Disney+ is one of the few times we don't get hosed over internationally when it comes to streaming. Arguably we have it better than the US since they just include all the Hulu stuff instead of separating it out into another service we don't have to pay for.

All kind of stuff on there that's more adult than Disney would normally go for, they even added parental controls that I don't think the US version doesn't have to make up for it.
Even have stuff like the Deadpool movies and Logan.

We got screwed in latinamerica by getting Star+ and Disney+ separately, you can have both services in a package but it's loving expensive. So a lot people are opting for HBO and Netflix instead lol

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It is baffling why Iger is so vehemently opposed to more mature stuff on D+, even if it's partitioned off. It's not damaged the brand internationally and the longer they wait the harder it will be.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

We got screwed in latinamerica by getting Star+ and Disney+ separately, you can have both services in a package but it's loving expensive. So a lot people are opting for HBO and Netflix instead lol

Really? I'm surprised they're doing that there then, I was afraid it was going to be an add-on package in the UK. D+ is an insane deal with Star not being an additional cost.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Desperado Bones posted:

HBO Max is currently the best curated streaming service available right now. It may not have the sheer amount of content that Netflix and Amazon Prime do, but the quality to poo poo ratio is far far far better. So much garbage to wade through on pretty much every other streaming service.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Veotax posted:

Really? I'm surprised they're doing that there then, I was afraid it was going to be an add-on package in the UK. D+ is an insane deal with Star not being an additional cost.

It's more insane because I'm pretty sure a lot of the countries on the south aren't that ,monetarily speaking, rich. One of the theories of why the service is SO crazy expensive is because of having ESPN and the live streaming in Star+, and I'm so dead sure they are betting on my country's love for futbol. There's probably some streaming rights problem as well, and dealing with the dubbing. The service is kinda messy over here.

Did you know we didn't get the Assembled episodes for Black Widow and What if? :psyduck: I'm gonna have to do the illegal thing to watch those :sigh:

Professor Beetus posted:

HBO Max is currently the best curated streaming service available right now. It may not have the sheer amount of content that Netflix and Amazon Prime do, but the quality to poo poo ratio is far far far better. So much garbage to wade through on pretty much every other streaming service.

Yeah, once I get back on my feet and get at least a good job I'm tempted of getting HBO. It's waaay more cheaper and seems to have some really nice stuff.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Star is amazing, as I can watch Alien, then watch Avengers, then watch Ravenous then watch Beauty and the Beast.

No King of the Hill though, which is a crime that must be answered for.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Professor Beetus posted:

Unfortunately it's one of the worst to actually use.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Star is amazing, as I can watch Alien, then watch Avengers, then watch Ravenous then watch Beauty and the Beast.

Hm, we don't have Alien in the UK but we do have Aliens. Probably old streaming rights or something.

The only X-Men movie we don't have is First Class, every other one is there. We also don't have the first Fantastic 4 but we do have Rise of the Silver Surfer and the Josh Trank one. Deadpool 1 is a recent addition but we've had 2 for a while. I assume most of this is just Disney waiting for streaming rights to expire or something before they can add them themselves.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Veotax posted:

Hm, we don't have Alien in the UK but we do have Aliens. Probably old streaming rights or something.

I'm pretty sure the whole Alien series was there when Star launched. Either my memory's hosed or something happened with the rights.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Since we’re (kind of) talking about this can someone explain to me why The Incredibles 1&2 aren’t on my daughter’s kids account and I have to swap to my account for her to watch it. Not upset or anything, just legit curious why they think Incredibles isn’t for kids.

Obvious answer is it’s for the adults who were kids when the first one came out. :v:

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
They're PG movies about marital problems.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7fsOxpeJvw

They really can't get me any more hyped for this than they already have.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Inkspot posted:

They're PG movies about marital problems.
They're libertarian nightmares where we are meant to defer to the uber people who are special, and anybody trying to also be special is the villain.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Arist posted:

Unfortunately it's one of the worst to actually use.

I use the Xbox app and I don't find that at all. If anything I prefer it over Netflix and now prime blaring autoplay previews at you or getting ads when paying for no ads paramount plus.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

twistedmentat posted:

I really wish different people did the streaming rights to King of the Hill. It is one of the only shows I'm aware of with a large following that is unavailable for purchase digitally. At least it is on Hulu though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Spacebump posted:

I really wish different people did the streaming rights to King of the Hill. It is one of the only shows I'm aware of with a large following that is unavailable for purchase digitally. At least it is on Hulu though.

And not available in Canada at all.

My mom being an old lady was watching one of the myriad of Hallmark xmas movies and there was Gemma Simmons with an American accent. Weird.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

twistedmentat posted:

And not available in Canada at all.

My mom being an old lady was watching one of the myriad of Hallmark xmas movies and there was Gemma Simmons with an American accent. Weird.

I tried and failed to convince Lindy Booth to do either Rocky Mountain Christmas 2: Reindeer Revenge or A Rocky Horror Christmas.

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7fsOxpeJvw

They really can't get me any more hyped for this than they already have.

Seriously. The Matt Fraction Hawkguy run that this looks to be based on are some of the best comics of all time. If nothing else I hope this encourages more people to check those out.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
FWIW Mike Judge will tell anyone and their grandmother to :files: KotH, if it were up to him he’s just give away blu-rays of it to anyone who asked.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Paddyo posted:

Seriously. The Matt Fraction Hawkguy run that this looks to be based on are some of the best comics of all time. If nothing else I hope this encourages more people to check those out.

Yea, everything I've seen shows they really captured that, and why people loved it. A real nice thing is there is no way there could be a big, world ending threat as the main plot point. Its going to be a small, street level show about Kate and Clint and Bros. Maybe Kate's mom is going to turn out to be Madam Mask or something, I dunno, but its not going to be end of all life in the universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
After rehabilitating International Terrorist Zimo, Mindslaver Wanda, and Multi-Dimensional 9/11 Benedict Arnold Loki, I wonder if Disney+ will even mention Hawkeye’s 5 years as a cartel slaughtering serial murderer or if they’ll just shrug off his literal years of manslaughter in a throwaway joke or soy pun