Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
couple dynamics are a thing. i have known people whose relationship involved constant sniping at each other but if you spent any time at all around them it was obvious they loved each other very much and it was just the way they expressed themselves.

that post is absolutely not an example of this, since it hurt the dude immensely for her to make one tiny crack about it. it was a stupid thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Chloe Jessica posted:

couple dynamics are a thing. i have known people whose relationship involved constant sniping at each other but if you spent any time at all around them it was obvious they loved each other very much and it was just the way they expressed themselves.

that post is absolutely not an example of this, since it hurt the dude immensely for her to make one tiny crack about it. it was a stupid thing to do.

Yeah my wife and I actually talked about that AITA post this morning before we went to work and while we do joke around a ton with each other she also wouldn't make that joke since she knows I have been cheated on in the past. That being said we are both adults so i would have told her not to joke like that or explained why it hurt instead of freaking out and demanding paternity tests.

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

Mustang posted:

I looked this one up on Reddit and was surprised by the amount of people saying the guy was the rear end in a top hat and that joking about cheating is perfectly normal. Relationships with lots of jokes at the other persons expense sound tedious and exhausting, not sure how these people end up in long-term relationships to begin with.

To me it sounded like a one-off, throwaway line and not on-going, cruel humor. I think the guy is being overly sensitive.

OhAreThey fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 22, 2021

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Funktastic posted:

AITA for requesting a paternity test after my wife, joked out of the blue, about our child's paternity?

My gf and I went to a bar for karaoke near our apt and we saw a very oddly dressed women sing a terrible rendition of "the final countdown" that was so bad it was memorable. Afterwards I started noticing her everywhere because its a smaller town, she frequents the bar by our apt, and dresses the same every day. My gf tried joking that the oddly dressed women was my "other girlfriend" and would jokingly accuse me of seeing her on the side.

Well now its at the point that my gf has made herself feel a little jealous whenever we see the oddly dressed women in the distance. Ive never spoken to this lady and I dont find her attractive, we just see her constantly because she always wears the same bright pink outfit and frequents the same places we do.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

titty_baby_ posted:

My gf and I went to a bar for karaoke near our apt and we saw a very oddly dressed women sing a terrible rendition of "the final countdown" that was so bad it was memorable. Afterwards I started noticing her everywhere because its a smaller town, she frequents the bar by our apt, and dresses the same every day. My gf tried joking that the oddly dressed women was my "other girlfriend" and would jokingly accuse me of seeing her on the side.

Well now its at the point that my gf has made herself feel a little jealous whenever we see the oddly dressed women in the distance. Ive never spoken to this lady and I dont find her attractive, we just see her constantly because she always wears the same bright pink outfit and frequents the same places we do.

prolly had a dream you cheated on her with karaoke woman

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
I remember some thread here years ago about necrophilia and there were a shocking number of people in favor of it. like a truly baffling amount of arguments supporting loving dead people.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the dead cannot speak about their asses, we must speak about their asses for them

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for wanting my fiancée’s sister out of the wedding?

quote:

My fiancée (24F) and I (24M) just recently got engaged, so we have started to pick out our wedding party. Yesterday, my fiancée said she wanted her sister (22F) to be her maid of honor.

Her sister lived with us for a while when she was going to college, which is near our apartment. Due to certain issues with her school’s housing, we agreed to let her stay with us, as it would only be for a semester. I had only met her a few times before this, but she seemed nice. However, once she moved in with us, that’s where things started. She would say things like “you would look good in that” or “I wish I could find someone like you”. During the few months it divulged into her “accidentally” walking in on me in the shower, spilling things on me so that I have to change clothes, saying that she should be in my fiancée’s shoes, and constantly making comments about my body. I told my fiancée about these things multiple times because it made me uncomfortable, but she kept dismissing me. I also brought theses concerns to her sister, but she kept playing it off as a joke. Nothing changed, but luckily, she moved out once she could go back to the dorms.

When my fiancée mentioned that she wanted her sister as MOH, I said that I’m not comfortable with that. I told her everything I’ve brought up before, and said that her sister might try to ruin the wedding because of this huge crush (if that’s even the right word) that she has on me. I also said that maybe I’d be okay with her she being involved in the wedding in some other way, but I don’t feel comfortable with her being that involved and so close to both of us. I said that it’s her choice, but that is how I feel about it.

So my fiancée said, “I’ve told you before, this is normally how she is. I want to keep her as my MOH.” Then I said, “What if you were uncomfortable around my brother (best man)? Wouldn’t you want him to be out of the wedding party?” She said, “Well, yeah. But that’s your brother we’re talking about, so it actually makes sense.” For context, my brother is married with kids, and he is a truly nice guy. My fiancée has met him plenty of times, and not once has he done anything that would make her uncomfortable, nor has my fiancée brought up concerns about him. So I said, “What the hell is that supposed to mean?” And she said, “I mean, I just don’t like him very much, it’s nothing against him.”

So I told her that there is a double standard here. My brother could get kicked out of the wedding party for just my fiancée not liking him, while her sister can’t get kicked out of it for her practically sexually harassing me. I said that she should understand that I want our wedding to go well, so that means I want us to enjoy ourselves without questioning if something will go wrong. She said, “I get that, but having my sister as my MOH would make me happy.” I said that if she won’t take my happiness into account, then I’m leaving. So as I was leaving, she told me that I was an rear end in a top hat.

Reddit, AITA?

well i tell you what, you definitely shouldn't rethink the wedding

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Mx. posted:

AITA for wanting my fiancée’s sister out of the wedding?

well i tell you what, you definitely shouldn't rethink the wedding

quote:

“I get that, but having my sister as my MOH would make me happy.”

up until the sister makes a scene and attempts to give him a beej as they're exchanging vows but sure go ahead with the wedding that will be conducted flawlessly and not have a drunken MOH rambling about how she wants your (now) husband

You won't be hearing about that for years!

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA For locking my neighbor's children out of my room when they came over uninvited?

quote:

My mom is friends with our neighbor, Sally, who has two kids Jamie (6) and Ally (4). Sally, my mom, and I all are really good friends, as we're all roughly the same level in maturity and Sally is closer to my age than my moms (I just turned 20 and Sally is in her 30s). Sally will say to both my mom and myself, that her kids are 'assholes' and I got a taste of it when Sally showed up with her kids without telling both of us first.

My mom was showing Sally around our new house and asked if she could come in with Sally and her kids. I didn't want to be an AH so I said "yeah" and showed them around my room with my computer as well. Sally then said "Are you okay with them in here?" and I said "yes". But after I said that, both Sally and my mom disappeared, leaving me with the kids. I guess that was code for "leave the kids".

When both of them left, Jamie and Ally both started going through ALL of my stuff. Opening every drawer, playing with every nook and cranny, asking about everything IN my drawers (even down to my underwear without my permission, they literally wouldn't listen to me). Eventually Jamie, came across my collectible funkos. She asked if she could open them, and I told her no because I wanted to keep them safe for some day, and this child literally told me "well when you get old I'll take it myself".

Jamie continued to exhibit this bad behavior, and encouraged her sister as well. It got to the point where when I told Jamie that she absolutely could not have my funkos, she threatened to open them, pull on my hair, etc. Finally, I'd had enough, and when both of them were distracted, I locked them out of my room. They started banging on the door, screaming, crying, etc. and I felt bad because Ally wasn't really the aggressor, but I couldn't stand having either of them there anymore. All the while, I was communicating with Sally, who didn't blame me for my reaction, but my mom was frustrated because she said I could've "guided" them better and not just lock them out. AITA?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Those kids are the assholes for asking and not just opening the funkos

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Chloe Jessica posted:

this is absolutely a thing. my dad proposed to my mom in the midst of an argument in the stairwell of their apartment building by taking the engagement ring out of his pocket, tossing it at her and saying "here, gently caress" and walking off

as long as I've been around they've been bickering with each other incessantly, I'm convinced at least part of the reason they've stuck with each other is neither wants them to let the other win the argument they've been having for the best part of 50 years.

yet they're utterly devoted to one another - when my mom had a heart valve replaced a couple years back my dad pretty much lived in her hospital room until she was released. aside from nights the only time he wasn't there is when I was.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

This one is apparently breaking Reddit's collective brains.

AITA for asking a guest why they're here and being angry at my parents for not warning me?

quote:

I (F18) was home alone watching TV when I saw my sister's husband "J" (sis and hubby don't live with us) pulls in and starts walking to the door. I had no idea why he was here as my parents—who were out grocery shopping and were still out—gave no notice that'd he be stopping by. So when he starts knocking, I sheepishly answer the door in my pajamas and bed head, clearly confused. I greeted him and asked what he was doing here as politely as I could word it. He said he and my dad were going to work on his van after he'd come home from the grocery store. I was just like, "Oh, okay!" and he said he was just going to wait outside in his van. No problem! I just went back to watching TV and as soon I sat down my mom texted me that they were on their way and that J would be coming over. Thanks...

15 minutes later my parents got home and while my dad and J were in the garage working on the van, I told my mom about what happened and how I was upset and embarrassed they didn't tell me J would br coming. She said I was rude for asking him why he was here and that they "forgot" to tell me. We argued a bit and now she's not talking to me, and now naturally my dad isn't either, so reddit, AITA?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Tobermory posted:

AITA for asking a guest why they're here and being angry at my parents for not warning me?

quote:

We argued a bit and now she's not talking to me, and now naturally my dad isn't either, so reddit, AITA?

:thunk:

I wonder who the crazy person is

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

olylifter posted:

this is absolutely a thing. my dad proposed to my mom in the midst of an argument in the stairwell of their apartment building by taking the engagement ring out of his pocket, tossing it at her and saying "here, gently caress" and walking off

as long as I've been around they've been bickering with each other incessantly, I'm convinced at least part of the reason they've stuck with each other is neither wants them to let the other win the argument they've been having for the best part of 50 years.

yet they're utterly devoted to one another - when my mom had a heart valve replaced a couple years back my dad pretty much lived in her hospital room until she was released. aside from nights the only time he wasn't there is when I was.

Bickering is honest to god some people's love language I think.

Mushmouth
Feb 21, 2004
Urban Tumbleweed

hawowanlawow posted:

:thunk:

I wonder who the crazy person is

Eh idk my parents historically have done the thing where the other one is right no matter what's going on. Some couples are like that and I hate it every time.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Well, here's some estranged parents then

"I loving loathe my children, why won't they talk to me?"

quote:

My reply is to all the mother’s going through this day saddened by it’s real meaning…I had 2 children both daughters. They are 35 and 40 years of age with families of their own. We are not perfect…but gave “all” we had to give. The problem for me is…just how easy it was for them to throw me away like I was a piece of trash. Is this real love? Everyone suggests going to therapy, which I have done. But I think this is a huge problem…the therapy…everyone wants to put a “name” on this or put this estrangement is some type of category, I refuse that approach. Here’s why…my family history was no picnic either…but we “talked” with one another and found ways to work it out! I would never dream of “throwing “ away one of my parents. This is called RESPECT! In this “digital/technical” world that we live in now….it’s no wonder the family is breaking apart. The intimacy of our families is replaced with phones, computers , and TV. I have no idea how to fix this. I am 64 years old and admit that the future scares me. But I AM going to make some changes….I am going to put me first and not those “snotty nosed”, spoiled, kids who call themselves HUMANS!

This woman is just insane I think

quote:

I was the biggestt octo mom ever also helicopter mom
MY WHOLE LIFE WAS ABOUT MY KIDS THATS WHY IT WAS INCONCEIVABLE TO ME THAT 2 OUT OF 3 DID THIS TO ME
MY FIRST REACTION WAS COMPLETE DISBELIEF THIS WAS MY LIFE SELF ESTEEM MY HEART MY SOUL
I WAS NOTHING NEVER LIVED INVISABLE DEAD WITHOUT MY KIDS I ALWAYS LOVED THE SAYING “NEVER EVER NEVER LET ANYONE TAKE AWAY YOUR SPARKEL” SO MANY MEAN JEALOUS TRIED TO; BUT MY RESPONSE WAS I LIVE A HAPPY LIFE AND COULDNT CARE LESS ABOUT YOUR OPINION I WAS TOLD BY MANY THAT MY HAPPINESS SPARKLED THROUGH MY EYES I KNEW I WAS IN TROUBLE WHEN I HAD TO PRACTICE MY SMILE IN THE MIRROR WHEN THEY LEFT I WONT GO THROUGH IT ALL BUT TWO OF MY KIDS WERE BY FAR THE CRUELEST PEOPLE ALONG WITH THEIR HUSBANDS I HAD EVER SEEN. WHEN I TOOK THEM PLACES IN MY MIND I COUNTED 1 2 3 ALL NIGHT MAKING SURE THEY NEVER LEFT MY SIGHT NO SPANKINGS NO PUNISHMENTS JUST LIFE LESSONS WE SPENT EVERY DIME GIVING THEM HUGE BIRTHDAY AND HOLIDAY PARTIES NOTHING TOO MUCH ALL WERE INVITED
THEN THESE DIRT POLITICIANS STARTED THEIR LIES AND THE TRUTH WAS NOT IN THEIR HISTORY BOOKS NOT WHAT I LIVED THROUGH THEY BEGAN SEEING US AS EVIL ALTHOUGH THEY WERE BOWING TO EVIL WE ALWAYS SAID AGREE TO DISAGREE WHICH DID NOT SUIT THEM WE WERE JUST EVIL THEY LEFT US AND BLOCKED ME NOT ON ONE BUT TWO OF MY BIRTHDAYS IN LAYMANS TERMS THEY KILLED US MY DR SAYS THIS IS DOING IRREPABLE DAMAGE TO THEIR CHILDREN WHO WE HAD A LOVING RELATIONSHIP WITH THEY DONT CARE THEY ARE CRUEL HATEFUL AND HEARTLESS ALSO I WAS HUMILIATED AS THEY WERE THE MOST IMPORTANT IN MY LIFE I PRAY MY MESSAGE IS THEY WILL OPEN THEIR EYES AND RETURN APOLIGETICALLY I DONT KNOW WHY BUT I JUST CANT DO THIS ANYMORE IVE ENDURED HOLIDAYS BIRTHDAYS AND MOTHERS DAYS FOR SOME REASON I CANT DO THIS ONE I JUST CANT ITS OVER FOR ME I CAN ENDURE ANY MORE HEARTBREAK SINCE THEY THREW US OUT I HAVE DEVELOPED HEART PROBLEMS (TWO TYPES OF MEDS) AN ANYERISM AND MOST RECENTLY LYME DESEASE WHICH I WAS TOLD I HAD HAD WAY TOO LONG MY BONES KILL ME I SLEEP UNTIL 2 AFTER ALL TESTS WERE DONE ON ME IWAS PUT ON HYDROCHLOROQUINE AND PAIN MEDAS (25 VIALS OF BLOOD) AND EX RAYS ON EVERY JOINT IT IS FATAL CANNOT BE CURED AT MY AGE BUT WITH MY MEDS IT IS MANAGEABLE SEVERAL DRS SAID I WAS SICK AND COULD DIE FROM A BROKEN HEART I TAKE MY MEDS AND REMOVE MYSELF FROM ANY UPSETTING SITUATION I CAN THIS IS PURE EVIL TAKING OF ALL THINGS YOUR MOST PRECIOUS POSESSION MY KIDS I KNOW GOD WILL SWOOP IN AND SAVE THE DAY BUT THIS MOTHERS DAY SEEMS TO BE MY BREAKING POINT TO FIRST BORN DAUGHTER YOUR HUSBAND CLEARLY ABUSES YOU WE KNOW HOW AND BY THE WAY SLEEP DEPRIVATION AND NOOO PRIVACY CAN GET ANYONE AND YOUR KIDS LOVE US; WHAT EVIL THING DID YOU TELL THEM? THE DEVIL LAUGHS AT YOUR WEAK SOUL TO MY SECOND WHO HAS ALWAYS WALKED AWAY FROM ANYONE ALL THE TIME NEVER LOOKING BACK THIS EPIDEMIC IS SUITED TO YOU EVEN THOUGH YOU WERE THE SWEETEST BEST BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER WE COULD HAVE WISHED FOR THE EVIL IN YOU IS UNHIDEABLE I PRAY EVERY DAY AND NIGHT FOR BOTH OF YOUR REDEMPTION AS YOU FOLLOW EVIL WHILE PLAYING AN ACT AND AFTER ALL THIS; WE STILL LOVE YOU UNCONDITIONALLY GUESS TRY AS WE DID YOU WENT OFF WITH EVIL AS SOON AS YOU SAW IT MY ONLY WISH FOR YOUR SALAVATION TO MY YOUNGEST I KNEW FROM CONCEPTION YOU WERE AND OLD WISE SOUL SENT TO SAVE US YOU HAVE MANY TIMES I KNOW YOU HAVE A HIGH PLACE IN HEAVEN THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVE SUPPORT AND CARING HEART IT IS IRREPLACABLE

And two responses to technical problems/changes on the site:

quote:

Parents of Estranged Adult Children: Help and Healing
When Adult Children are Estranged: Support and Information
Skip to content
WELCOME ABOUT
MEDIA

CONTACT

SURVEYS

PRIVACY POLICY

CRISIS INFO
WHAT PARENTS CAN DO ANSWERS TO COMMON QUESTIONS LATEST POSTS BOOKS
A NOTE TO FATHERS
COMMUNITY
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY

MEMBER LOGIN

PASSWORD RESET
This is somewhat embarrassing, isn’t it?
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.

Search for:
I am searching for help, goddamnit! And if your not going to let me in your forum or group then why the gently caress do you link to it like you do?

quote:

This conscious choice to exclude the more reserved parents of estranged children is terrible. If I knew I would be purposefully punished for being shy, I never would have used this use this site to try and heal from the abuse of my 2 EC.

I don’t know what to do, with (website manager's)’s explicit rejection of me, in addition to the rejection of my son an daughter. It is really difficult to accept and I feel worse now than at any point in my attempt to heal. This is greatly shameful.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Tobermory posted:

What else is going on here?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Bickering is honest to god some people's love language I think.

I've found an argument can be fun when both people are on the same page, but it gets off-balance REALLY easily.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

What else is going on here?

I dunno. The redditor comments are bizarre. It's this weird mix of "Naturally you feel upset", "You don't get any say in who your parents let into your house", "but faaaaaaaamily", and arguments about :decorum:.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

My only comment regarding all this necrophilia poo poo is this: y'all gotta watch the movie Pathology

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

I love the comments that are like “if you’re 18 and don’t like it move out” like 18 isn’t still high school age for a lot of people. Or like moving out is that easy for someone presumably without a long working history

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

trickybiscuits posted:

Well, here's some estranged parents then

"I loving loathe my children, why won't they talk to me?"

This woman is just insane I think

And two responses to technical problems/changes on the site:

These posts are a trip. Through it & google I've learned that people think hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin can be used for Lyme disease.

I know chronic Lyme is the current popular disease superstition, so I guess it stands to reason that the magic super medicine would work on the magic super disease.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

NEVER EVER NEVER LET ANYONE TAKE AWAY YOUR SPARKEL

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
AITA for "forcing my brother and his GF to get an abortion"?

quote:

So I'm a 24 year old who moved out of their parents place a couple years back. My parents are terrible people and we're very cruel to me and my brother growing up. I've very much enjoyed the space to myself and it has been the only time in my life I've truly felt safe.

My twin brother (Zack ) didn't move out and was also pretty miserable living with my parents. About 8 months ago he asked if he and his GF (Kat) could stay with me for a while, as he started school a couple years after me and isn't financially in a place where he can afford his own place. Knowing how lovely my parents are, and how much of a good guy and gal Zack and Kat are it really wasn't much of a decision. I just told them to chip in when they can and as long as I'm not paying for their food or anything like that it's chill for the time being.

Things have been fine and Zack and Kat have been nothing but respectful to me and my place. The place is on the smaller side but Zack is usually at school or work and Kat works a good amount of the time, so I'm not usually super bothered by it. Their plan has been to love out once Zack graduates which will probably be 2023 at the rate he's going. So I'd most likely be living with them another year and a half to two years.

Now that wasnt much of an issue to me as they don't really have anywhere to go and I totally get not wanting move back in with out parents. The thing is tho is about a week back they revealed to me they were pregnant. While I think it's awesome, and am excited for them, this severely throws a wrench into out living arrangement. I really can't deal with a baby living with us for the extended future. I'm someone who's very sensitive to noises and suffers insomnia. So a crying baby would literally make my life hell on Earth.

When I asked them what they were planning on doing they said they were going to keep it as Kat doesn't believe in abortion and they feel as if they'd make good parents ( they definitely would, they're great people) . I said oh well congrats then! We ended the conversation there for that night.

The next day I asked them what their plans were for housing in the near future as they know about my sleeping condition and how I'd feel with a baby/toddler in the house. They said theyd have to stay here as they didn't really have anywhere else to go. I told them that won't be happening for reasons stated earlier. They both got very upset and accused me of "forcing them to abort their baby"

TLDR: AITA for not allowing my brother and his GF to continue living with me if they have a baby?

AITA for visiting my brother in prison?

quote:

My brother (26) is in prison for 20 years for vehicular manslaughter. It was a terrible day, rainy and foggy, and he was on his way home from an overnight shift when he accidentally hit an elderly lady who was, according to a witness, trying to catch a stray dog. It was about 6am.

Brother at first panicked and fled the scene, but less than five minutes later, returned because he felt tremendous guilt. He arrived at the same time as the first responders. He right away confessed, and they even let him go home after taking his statement.

A week after, the cops came to his house with a warrant. The court was brutal on him, painting him out to be a drug addict (he has a medical condition where he sometimes takes narcotic pain medication, but only as needed and never at work. And it’s prescribed by a pain management doctor. He had it in his system because the day before the incident, after he got home from work, he took one for pain.) They practically slapped the book in his face.

Our parents (mom and stepfather) have cut him out of their lives. One thing I should mention is that me and brother are BIPOC and mom and stepfather are white. Stepfather heavily influences our mom. When we were teens, if we did anything wrong we would get an extreme punishment, while our step siblings would get minor punishments for the same thing. Brother also is extremely dark, and was definitely treated the harshest.

I recently visited my brother (only the second time since he’s been in because I just had a baby) and my stepfather flipped. He and my step siblings have now said that I’m a traitor to the family for “siding with a criminal” and now I’m uninvited to the holidays. My mom is too timid to stand up for me, and even though that hurts, I didn’t throw her under the bus since she writes my brother regularly and uses a cousins address so stepfather doesn’t find out.

Am I the AH?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

hawowanlawow posted:

the dead cannot speak about their asses, we must speak about their asses for them

When I die, bury me face down so the weird EMTs can ogle my sweet rear end

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

cumshitter posted:

AITA for visiting my brother in prison?

Uh, I'm all ready to believe that criminal justice system is biased against non-whites but 20 years for vehicular manslaughter sounds wildly extreme, like there's a massive amount going on that the OP isn't saying.

Quick google says the maximum sentence is 6 years if it's charged as a felony instead of a misdemeanor.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 23, 2021

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Just have them put a little rear end next to the organ donor symbol of your ID. They'll know what it means

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jaxts posted:

Just have them put a little rear end next to the organ donor symbol of your ID. They'll know what it means

Agreed, it is good and noble to volunteer to be an rear end donor

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

pentyne posted:

Uh, I'm all ready to believe that criminal justice system is biased against non-whites but 20 years for vehicular manslaughter sounds wildly extreme, like there's a massive amount going on that the OP isn't saying.

Quick google says the maximum sentence is 6 years if it's charged as a felony instead of a misdemeanor.

Maybe it was done like this guy
https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2011/06/17/son-gets-25-years-for-running-over-mother/

"From the beginning, Steven Molin did not deny running over his mother as many as three times, but claimed the incident was an accident, caused in part by a faulty passenger side door on the 2008 Chevy work truck damaged in a different accident earlier in the day. However, a Worcester County Sheriff’s Office accident reconstructionist, after reviewing the physical evidence and interviewing Molin, determined the victim had been run over three times despite ample opportunity for the suspect to avoid hitting her after the first collision."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

If the EMTs are at your grave someone jumped the gun on that.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Bruceski posted:

If the EMTs are at your grave someone jumped the gun on that.

What if it's a skydiving accident meaning I conveniently combine the scene of death and burial place.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I'm an organ donor. Is the rear end an organ? Can the EMTs just harvest it off my corpse and put it in a cooler with some dry ice so an unfortunate, assless person can get a new lease on life?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm pretty sure if you fall that far your organs "sproing" out of your rear end, destroying both

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Batterypowered7 posted:

I'm an organ donor. Is the rear end an organ? Can the EMTs just harvest it off my corpse and put it in a cooler with some dry ice so an unfortunate, assless person can get a new lease on life?

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

hawowanlawow posted:

I'm pretty sure if you fall that far your organs "sproing" out of your rear end, destroying both

i think it depends on which end hits the ground first

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Peggy Hill survived. You can too.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I've never understood this one. Why would getting out of here do any good? Whereever she goes she'll be taking the ghost with her.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

I've never understood this one. Why would getting out of here do any good? Whereever she goes she'll be taking the ghost with her.

Maybe the ghost only acts up in that one spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Batterypowered7 posted:

Maybe the ghost only acts up in that one spot.

Nope, Tarot is just very poorly written!