Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1462904021019250693

hmmmmm

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1462897290067206145

:sickos:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Yeah if they didn’t fire Trestman mid season, they ain’t gonna fire Nagy mid season.

Just shows that bringing him back another year was colossally stupid.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Bears are going to defeat Detroit and look good doing it and we're going to ask ourselves "are the Bears actually a good team?" and the answer will still be a resounding no.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Good Will Hrunting posted:

If the Lions win I'll donate 10x the score differential to the first Detroit poster's charity of choice.

If Nagy gets fired I'll match it to a Chicago charity.

This is a man who hasn't seen Detroit's ability to play for the tie

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Good Will Hrunting posted:

If the Lions win I'll donate 10x the score differential to the first Detroit poster's charity of choice.

If Nagy gets fired I'll match it to a Chicago charity.

you fool, a goon tried a split bet on the Lions Steelers game and that's what gave us the draw!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Party Boat posted:

you fool, a goon tried a split bet on the Lions Steelers game and that's what gave us the draw!

honestly though a tie between the bears and lions is exactly what the nfl deserves for making that a thanksgiving game

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

It’s a completely pointless gesture whose outcome doesn’t matter, and will only serve to upset anybody unfortunate enough to catch it live.

I will be watching the whole game, of course, while one of my more vocal uncles tells me his opinion on the Kyle Rittenhouse trials and how NFL players don’t respect the troops like they used to

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

honestly though a tie between the bears and lions is exactly what the nfl deserves for making that a thanksgiving game

A 2-2 tie. Both from a ball being snapped out of the end zone.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Bears fans, a proposal:

accept

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

kdrudy posted:

At least we'd get a scorigami out of it

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Bears fans, a proposal:

Please

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The bears have no secondary, and their D line stars are all on the wrong side of 30. That defense is already falling apart and will need to be rebuilt.
The offsenive line is absolutely invisible, with maybe 2 serviceable players on it, assuming the hurt rookie can play ever.
Fields, even if he's good, has currently 3 targets: Mooney who's pretty meh, A Rob who wants out, and Khmet who I guess is ok? Not that it matters when you get sacked 10 times a game and put on your rear end another 10.
They have no first next year, one second and two thirds.
What I'm saying is this team is disappointing now and there is no hope on the horizon that any of it will get better.
We are one more sack on Justin Fields away from being the Detroit Lions.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I love that the lead-up to any game between Detroit and Chicago is just each team's fanbase talking about why their team is going to lose lol

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I can't believe yet another head coach has failed Ryan Pace. Shameful.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Hey Bears fans, you have a good young QB and I think &e could take on this defense with how much they have to stay on the field. You can pull off a win here, I believe in you.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

https://twitter.com/RyanHeckmanFS/status/1462905111848624134

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Lions haven’t won a game without Matthew Stafford under center for 3,500+ days.

The Bears are gonna look like the 2000 Rams on Thursday.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Gonz posted:

The Lions haven’t won a game without Matthew Stafford under center for 3,500+ days.

The Bears are gonna look like the 2000 Rams on Thursday.

Week 14 version

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/shane_riordan/status/1462915946486640640

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Andey

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1462939553832980487

Wasn't Fields drafted after Dalton was signed and to be the presumed starter to open the season?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Yes, which is why that's a pretty dumb take.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

Wasn't Fields drafted after Dalton was signed and to be the presumed starter to open the season?

My guess is they didn't have much faith in Nagy/Dalton, but that almost assuredly means after fields was drafted, and during training camp. Which is when Fields never had a chance to win the job.

Just awkward wording.

Also it's not really a take, that is by a dude who is close to Allen Robinson, so it might just be Allen Robinson with that opinion, but yeaaah.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 23, 2021

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Yea I assume it went like this. Dalton gets signed, everyone thinks it’ll be a disaster. Fields gets drafted, there’s mild hope until it becomes obvious Dalton is still starting, which makes everyone even more angry.

I get why the players would want Fields to start, since he gives them the best chance to win, but I think starting Fields in game 1 would’ve been a disaster. He should probably just sit for the rest of the season and heal up. Maybe start home again in week 16 just to get a few more starts in. Definitely don’t want him to get seriously hurt. It’s a lost season.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

C-Euro posted:

I love that the lead-up to any game between Detroit and Chicago is just each team's fanbase talking about why their team is going to lose lol

Literally that South Park baseball episode.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yea I assume it went like this. Dalton gets signed, everyone thinks it’ll be a disaster. Fields gets drafted, there’s mild hope until it becomes obvious Dalton is still starting, which makes everyone even more angry.

I get why the players would want Fields to start, since he gives them the best chance to win, but I think starting Fields in game 1 would’ve been a disaster. He should probably just sit for the rest of the season and heal up. Maybe start home again in week 16 just to get a few more starts in. Definitely don’t want him to get seriously hurt. It’s a lost season.

yeah Score tweeter just tweeted it poorly, just listening to it now.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Bird in a Blender posted:

Search and replace Dalton for Glennon
Search and replace Fields for Trubisky

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

kdrudy posted:

Bears 6, Detroit 1, let's goooo

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
I had to go check but lol big dick nick is still on the roster too lmao

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1462979483510710275

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/status/1462984386408849408

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Nov 23, 2021

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
BE YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
And the crowd is chanting "Let's go Tony!", urging on center Tony Bradley.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The Bears organization just need Nagy to hang in there till the off-season when a very special coaching talent becomes available.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

BGrifter posted:

The Bears organization just need Nagy to hang in there till the off-season when a very special coaching talent becomes available.

:sickos:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Meanwhile Zimmer somehow dating a model half his age.

https://twitter.com/adamlevitan/status/1462877071730876418?s=20

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SirPablo posted:

Meanwhile Zimmer somehow dating a model half his age.

https://twitter.com/adamlevitan/status/1462877071730876418?s=20

Meh, she’s 38. Good for him.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

MJeff posted:

Christ what's the OU gonna be on that game, 30?

Line opened at 42.5. Last I checked it was 40.5. I got my money on the under at 41.5. Either points are scored or I win money. Either way, I win.

Sataere fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 23, 2021

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/MattyJamesAllen/status/1462881935466893325

oof.

I dunno, that's kinda rough to do at a kid's sporting event.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/MattyJamesAllen/status/1462881935466893325

oof.

I dunno, that's kinda rough to do at a kid's sporting event.

In a world where everything is trying to tear us apart, I'm okay with something to unify us. I don't care where I go, if I say fire Nagy, someone is about to have a conversation with me and we're gonna bond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Sataere posted:

In a world where everything is trying to tear us apart, I'm okay with something to unify us. I don't care where I go, if I say fire Nagy, someone is about to have a conversation with me and we're gonna bond.

Look, do it at a Bulls game, do it at any professional sporting event, or hell even on the streets, but man, I dunno, just feels bad to do it at a child's football game I dunno.