Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this! posted:

For anyone, like me, who was waiting on a price drop Guardians is currently on sale $29 physical $39 digital.

Have had a PSN gift card stashed away for just such an opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whomp whomp, turns out that the Spider-Man add on for Avengers contains no new story missions.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Whomp whomp, turns out that the Spider-Man add on for Avengers contains no new story missions.

Not even anything introductory? Just...bam and that's it?

I could definitely see CD not doing any new characters after this.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ThermoPhysical posted:

Not even anything introductory? Just...bam and that's it?

I could definitely see CD not doing any new characters after this.

Apparently all you get are audio logs and illustrated cut scenes. The devs say that they decided to focus more on the raid that's coming out the same day since more people will actually be able to see it.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Honestly, I can’t imagine that raid being any good

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, Guardians really hammers home what Avengers could have been.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sort of. The combat in Guardians is significantly worse than even Avengers' button mashing.

Everything around it is good but wow are fights boring.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

Sort of. The combat in Guardians is significantly worse than even Avengers' button mashing.

Everything around it is good but wow are fights boring.

I didn't feel that at all. Peter's extremely mobile and fun to move around, calling in the team attacks are cool, you can adjust the settings to a large degree if you think it's too fast or slow.

Seriously, all games should at least have the level of control Guardians gives you to alter your experience.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

I didn't feel that at all. Peter's extremely mobile and fun to move around, calling in the team attacks are cool, you can adjust the settings to a large degree if you think it's too fast or slow.

Seriously, all games should at least have the level of control Guardians gives you to alter your experience.

At first, I could agree that the combat was eh. But by the end of the game when I was switching elements, managing my team skills and flying arou nd blasting poo poo, that's when combat really clicked for me. Plus I didn't dislike Avengers combat, just that the builds were all going for the same thing, because the way enemies engaged you made prioritizing the invulnerability of grabs and some of the supers was the only way to actually play.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1464637670966108161

ah poo poo, here we go again

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
just re-open marvel heroes i wasn't done with it yet

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MMOrvel

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I'm looking forward to Champions Online 2!

Was Champions Online any good? I always thought of it as the also-ran after City of Heroes/Villains but I never tried it when I was playing the free trials of various MMOs.

Edit: vv Wait, it's still around? I thought it died some time after City of Heroes. The gently caress.

catlord fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 28, 2021

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I can never get in to free to play games because I can't be assed to ever learn their obtuse currency systems.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

catlord posted:

I'm looking forward to Champions Online 2!

Was Champions Online any good? I always thought of it as the also-ran after City of Heroes/Villains but I never tried it when I was playing the free trials of various MMOs.

Edit: vv Wait, it's still around? I thought it died some time after City of Heroes. The gently caress.

Champions has a really in-depth character creator, which is a shame because the actual character faces look like melting wax figures (and is also MTX'd to hell.)

And then the actual gameplay is just button mashing while you're on ice skates. The character building is kind of interesting, but I'm pretty sure they removed the option to subscribe and unlock freeform building so now you have to pay $20 per freeform slot or use the prefabs.

e: also City of Heroes is a dead game run by an illuminati on private servers and it gets more frequent new content than Champions.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Champions has a really in-depth character creator, which is a shame because the actual character faces look like melting wax figures (and is also MTX'd to hell.)

And then the actual gameplay is just button mashing while you're on ice skates. The character building is kind of interesting, but I'm pretty sure they removed the option to subscribe and unlock freeform building so now you have to pay $20 per freeform slot or use the prefabs.

e: also City of Heroes is a dead game run by an illuminati on private servers and it gets more frequent new content than Champions.

Champions had one thing that honestly carried it a long way for me, which was you could have basically any superhero name you wanted because your name on the server was <super name>@<account name>.info or whatever. I wish more MMOs did that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

City of Heroes is some kind of crazy sunk cost fallacy for people. It was unplayable in 2008, nevermind today.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
City of Heroes was ahead of its time in its gameplay loops, and gets regular and good content updates on Homecoming these days. Just play City of Heroes if you're ever considering looking at Champions Online for any reason.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Spider-Man Remastered is getting two new suits based on No Way Home

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1467886606614814723?s=20

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is that a new record, remastering a 3 year old game?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's been out since November of last year so it was actually remastering a 26 month old game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It was when they added 60fps and made Peter even whiter

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I think Last of Us got a rerelease on PS4 which they called remastered like a year after the original, maybe a little longer.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

thebardyspoon posted:

I think Last of Us got a rerelease on PS4 which they called remastered like a year after the original, maybe a little longer.

yeah the original was on PS3, Remastered on PS4 13 months later

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
At least the new Peter model was something new for the game, and I think they also added ray tracing and stuff. The 360/PS3-XB1/PS4 'remasters' were basically 'slightly better framerate'.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

At least the new Peter model was something new for the game, and I think they also added ray tracing and stuff. The 360/PS3-XB1/PS4 'remasters' were basically 'slightly better framerate'.

They also added a few costumes like the rockass Kamen Rider one.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Not a comic book game but when is Elden Ring: Remastered coming out?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gaz-L posted:

And a better photo mode! Plus more accessibility features.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Peter is too much of a drat wiener nerd in that game, dude needed to not be such a dorkus

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Calaveron posted:

Peter is too much of a drat wiener nerd in that game, dude needed to not be such a dorkus

On the Puny Parker scale Peter in the PS4 game is sitting solidly in the middle.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Dawgstar posted:

On the Puny Parker scale Peter in the PS4 game is sitting solidly in the middle.

All the game was missing was him chasing a hoop with a stick and shining all of his boyscout badges

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of, Fortnite is getting a Spider-Man skin as well as a webshooter item that lets any character webswing.
https://twitter.com/YassinLNey/status/1467651159624142854

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Finally a Spider-Man game that will let me be the emissary of hell and gun motherfuckers down.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

BiggerBoat posted:

Not a comic book game but when is Elden Ring: Remastered coming out?

given current trends, probably 2024

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

TwoPair posted:

Finally a Spider-Man game that will let me be the emissary of hell and gun motherfuckers down.

Finally, a Spider-Man game which allows you to pull out a shotgun and blow away fools, just like Italian Spider-Man.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Finally a Spider-Man game where I can play as a nude bananaman

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

nude bananaman

The sixth Sinister Six member finally revealed

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

PS5 Spider-Man isn't a standalone game either, it's DLC for the Miles Morales game.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I've been out of practice for a while from playing mostly GOT Legends. Had to warm up those muscles before the new No Way Home costumes drop tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfP4nPh37Uo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Very torn about the Wonder Woman game announcement. Very cool that one's being made, but I feel like the one person who likes video games that HATES the Nemesis system and especially think it's a very weird choice here.