Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

priznat posted:

Lol I got a week ban for putting "FREE CANDY" on the side of a GMC Vandura, something I have done in every forza horizon I've played.. Why else have a Vandura in the game if you're NOT going to do that?!

The worst part is the reason is "Child Endangerment" when it really should be "Tired rear end joke", I would be fine with that but child endangerment?? get the gently caress outta here

double lol that the "free candy" is listed as a reason for a ban in the rules, yeah yeah it's a weak joke but I make my own dumb fun.

I think the "free candy" banning actually started back in FH4, shortly before they decided to add the Confederate flag to their list of inappropriate symbols.

Forza's moderating on liveries is always kind of interesting, since they appear to have zero issues with people "fixing" the liveries on old race cars to re-add tobacco and alcohol logos that were removed for the game, and I've had "Dale Earnhardt tribute" liveries (with "Build the wall" and Pink Floyd's "The wall" painted on it) go through with no problem, but a stupid old joke is apparently ban-worthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

If I remember correctly, slapping the Rising Sun on your car will also net you a ban :eng101:

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

I don't know what kind of forbidden black magic car spell you've cast on that datsun because I cannot for the life of me catch you in the lower gears, no matter how I tune my ratios. I only got this close because I was nailing my corners and shifts after a few days of trying different cars lol

Cubivore smelled blood in the water after you posted this so I had to do a 2nd run. It is just some random downloaded tune so I did none of the magicks. I go wide offroad a few times so should still be able to beat it.

It is Street Race > Ruta Norte for anyone who wants to smack my bottom.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I had a long post typed up but I read it and realized I really just want Motorsport 8 to come out. :(

I'm enjoying horizon but hitting a random immovable tree in the middle of a good trail blazer run or losing my danger sign score because I landed on a rock wrong kind of pisses me off. "Skill challenges" just mean do donuts and hit fences and obstacles over and over.

Really pretty game though, and the longer races are super fun and really satisfying.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

Poistiant posted:

This was a nice palate cleanser after the gauntlet.

30 minutes of part-picking tetris and then one drive on the initial tune:

543 419 866 if if you'd be so kind as to give me your business instead of some random :colbert:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Been playing rivals. I’m gonna beat all y’all :getin:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I'm utterly mediocre at the game, most of the time on the open-world stuff I land in the 40-60% bracket compared to other goons in the club (except for some jumps and speed traps where I'm 3% thanks to the Jesko :getin: ), how do I actually play with/against others? How does Rivals work? I only did that once for the seasonal objective, crushed it on my first lap and went on to more challenges but now I'm kinda bored with the AI racing and I'd like to either directly (races) or indirectly (rivals? is that the entirety of how it works, you just have to beat times set by others?) compete with goons, or even do stuff cooperatively if that's even possible

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

priznat posted:

Lol I got a week ban for putting "FREE CANDY" on the side of a GMC Vandura, something I have done in every forza horizon I've played.. Why else have a Vandura in the game if you're NOT going to do that?!

The worst part is the reason is "Child Endangerment" when it really should be "Tired rear end joke", I would be fine with that but child endangerment?? get the gently caress outta here

double lol that the "free candy" is listed as a reason for a ban in the rules, yeah yeah it's a weak joke but I make my own dumb fun.

The nuns they have running the "censorship" department hates everything penis related and "dirty jokes" but boy do they loving love hentai!

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Poistiant posted:

Cubivore smelled blood in the water after you posted this so I had to do a 2nd run. It is just some random downloaded tune so I did none of the magicks. I go wide offroad a few times so should still be able to beat it.

That Datsun is so loving bad lol. I tried it and it is undriveable but very fast on the straights so.... SUCK IT

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I petition a change to A class for rivals... IMO its the sweet spot.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Previa_fun posted:

I had a long post typed up but I read it and realized I really just want Motorsport 8 to come out. :(

I'm enjoying horizon but hitting a random immovable tree in the middle of a good trail blazer run or losing my danger sign score because I landed on a rock wrong kind of pisses me off. "Skill challenges" just mean do donuts and hit fences and obstacles over and over.

Really pretty game though, and the longer races are super fun and really satisfying.

The Y button is there and there’s nothing wrong with using it!

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
What's the difference between the Horizon and Motorsport series?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

horizon is open world more arcadey. motor sport is circuits little bit more simmy, compared to horizon.

Qmass fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Nov 23, 2021

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Ataxerxes posted:

Reductively, Motorsport is all about track racing. There is no overworld. Its a more traditional racing game.

Edit: They share a common foundation when it comes to the physics of the driving, I believe. Its one of the reasons I like Horizon so much. I run with the same lack of assist options as I do in Motorsports, with the exception of 'simulation damage', which I leave disabled in Horizon.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ataxerxes posted:

Horizon is chill fun arcadey racing in a fantasy free roam world. More Need for Speed

Motorsport is more technical sim-ish racing on real life tracks. More Gran Turismo

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
FH4 and FM7 have basically enough racing content between them to keep me going for years. It's a shame they stopped selling the latter although I think legit game keys are still easy to come by.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Night Danger Moose posted:

This morning I decided to spruce up my Golf R since I use it often enough. Bit of tuning, new wheels, fresh paint, and... tow truck lights?

https://i.imgur.com/QoP37Q9.mp4

I have no idea how they got there or how to get rid of them. And then this evening, after trying to do so, all I ended up doing is changing them to blue...

https://imgur.com/a/9DcUyHY

Sorry for the phone vids, it's all I got.

truck lights are the side skirts.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TjyvTompa posted:

That Datsun is so loving bad lol. I tried it and it is undriveable but very fast on the straights so.... SUCK IT

i've wrung every last bit of speed out of the miata so i'm trying other far dumber ideas now

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

This is a stupid question but is there is any reason to horde money in this game? Like for DLC purchases or anything.

I do see auctions for 20M cars and I might want one of those one day. I got that covered in spades.

All good, or more?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

TjyvTompa posted:

I was racing the ghost of Cubivore and was trying really hard not to look back to see how far his ghost was because i knew the back end of his lap was a hot one.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

priznat posted:

Not using the Wu Tang Van is shameful.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

GolfHole posted:

This is a stupid question but is there is any reason to horde money in this game? Like for DLC purchases or anything.

I do see auctions for 20M cars and I might want one of those one day. I got that covered in spades.

All good, or more?

what do you mean hoard? just play normally, buy tuning stuff and cars you need, don't play just to grind money you'll burn out

I guess afk goliaths for wheelspins but that's gonna dry up anyway as you level up

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GolfHole posted:

All good, or more?

If you miss a week of challenges, you might miss out on a car that ends up at $20m.

It's nice to have about $30m sitting because when you're doing rivals you can just immediately buy whatever car and stuff $100k worth of parts in it without worry.

Also, i somehow have a clean lap in a D482 Fairlady Z that's almost 30 seconds clear of what i can actually achieve on festival gatecrash.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Goa Tse-tung posted:

what do you mean hoard? just play normally, buy tuning stuff and cars you need, don't play just to grind money you'll burn out

I guess afk goliaths for wheelspins but that's gonna dry up anyway as you level up

Powershift posted:

If you miss a week of challenges, you might miss out on a car that ends up at $20m.

It's nice to have about $30m sitting because when you're doing rivals you can just immediately buy whatever car and stuff $100k worth of parts in it without worry.

Also, i somehow have a clean lap in a D482 Fairlady Z that's almost 30 seconds clear of what i can actually achieve on festival gatecrash.

Sounds like what I have will be good unless for some reason DLC cars are like 50M

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost
All I know is that in FH4, I never grinded for money, and never really engaged with the seasonal stuff, and despite that, with 450 hours logged, I'm sitting on something like 100 million funbucks, and 800-odd cars. Hopefully the same will apply for FH5, to some extent.

Edit: I suppose one 'income stream' that *has* gone away in FH5 is the whole 'Forza app for free money' thing.

magimix fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 23, 2021

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Powershift posted:

yeah i saw that time, looks like a bug or something. did you maybe load a higher-class setup with that car for a race or something?

you might want to put in a support ticket to have that time axed before someone else reports you for cheating or some poo poo

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Powershift posted:

I love d-class because there is an art to maintaining momentum in slow shitboxen.

It’s not quite the same as real life but close enough that driving a slow car fast will always be more fun than driving a fast car slow.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

highme posted:

It’s not quite the same as real life but close enough that driving a slow car fast will always be more fun than driving a fast car slow.

Some of the most technical races I ever did in FH4 were street races in a stock Peel P50. Soooo long to get up to speed, and you lose that pace so very quickly if you aren't on the ball.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Play posted:

Also, quick question: I wanted to get the Jesko by three starring all the V10 stories. There is one part where there is an A version and a B version and you choose one at which point the other one disappears. But you can still access it through choosing it on the list.

Do I have to three star that one too to get the Jesko or if I just do the last one will that do it? The one I didn't choose is a skills challenge on a beach with a lovely car and I'm really having trouble getting this piece of poo poo to spit out decent amounts of skill points to get to three stars

I think you need to play each half, but you only need to 3 star one half. It gave me the Jesko and one of the other story cars without getting 3 stars on everything.

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

tomanton posted:

This was a nice palate cleanser after the gauntlet.

30 minutes of part-picking tetris and then one drive on the initial tune:

543 419 866 if if you'd be so kind as to give me your business instead of some random :colbert:

I have used your tune and I like it.

Don't think I can do much better so I consider it 3rd place.

Also for the person who wanted to do A class rivals there are times on that board too, I barely beat Cubivore's bullshit rear end bonershaker.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Before anyone else wastes time on it, the daily forazathon thing to complete an Expedition is busted if you've already done them, just like the one to do a showcase was last week. There was a workaround last week to trigger it by purposely losing the showcase race, but so far doesn't seem like there's a way around this one.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

yeah i saw that time, looks like a bug or something. did you maybe load a higher-class setup with that car for a race or something?

you might want to put in a support ticket to have that time axed before someone else reports you for cheating or some poo poo

The ghost starts way back from the line and my Nissan is S947 so i'm guessing it just took the time i did the actual race in and put registered it as a time for the stock car.

I'm guessing a bunch of the bullshit times in the leaderboards are the same bug, and some people have figured out how it happened and went around doing it to every race.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Poistiant posted:

Don't think I can do much better so I consider it 3rd place.

Also for the person who wanted to do A class rivals there are times on that board too, I barely beat Cubivore's bullshit rear end bonershaker.

that time was with a much shittier boneshaker tune than the one i'm using now

ps the real bullshit car is the holden torana in b-class, it is so much more broken than any other vehicle since the dodge dart in forza motorsport 4

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

that time was with a much shittier boneshaker tune than the one i'm using now

ps the real bullshit car is the holden torana in b-class, it is so much more broken than any other vehicle since the dodge dart in forza motorsport 4

Well there was a reason the bone shaker was disabled from rivals/multi in FH4, I'm sure it will be in 5 one day too.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost
Good grief. Jumped into the game only to find that the house I spawned by was smack in the middle of a Forza Arcade zone. Still, got a 'cheevo after immediately quiting the event, so that was nice I guess.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Okay, I've got more questions:

1) What is a 'clean' time? Is it just not using rewind or can you also not hit anything at all? Is there a time attack mode I can do without other cars?

2) How do I see leaderboards? I posted what I believe is a clean time in the Marathon (I think that's what it was called, the street race finale or one of them) but it just came up with the normal poo poo. It is pretty funny that now I'm in GRCC all the drivatars have the names of GRCC members even though I realize I'm not actually beating you guys.

3) Where the gently caress do I find leaderboards for specific tracks for compete for good times?

Thanks in advance!

T1g4h posted:

If I remember correctly, slapping the Rising Sun on your car will also net you a ban :eng101:

I don't think so, I saw that on one of the featured liveries for a car.

It's the current flag of Japan. Or are flags banned entirely?

The Diddler posted:

I think you need to play each half, but you only need to 3 star one half. It gave me the Jesko and one of the other story cars without getting 3 stars on everything.

Jenny Agutter posted:

Don't know the answer but to three star that one just drive past the end of the beach into the desert, all the points still count

Thank you friends!

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Play posted:

It's the current flag of Japan. Or are flags banned entirely?

not that one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rising_Sun_Flag

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Play posted:

Okay, I've got more questions:

1) What is a 'clean' time? Is it just not using rewind or can you also not hit anything at all? Is there a time attack mode I can do without other cars?

A clean time is not hitting an unbreakable object or using rewind. You cannot get a clean time with other cars on the track, only in rivals mode in the online tab of the pause menu.

Play posted:

2) How do I see leaderboards? I posted what I believe is a clean time in the Marathon (I think that's what it was called, the street race finale or one of them) but it just came up with the normal poo poo. It is pretty funny that now I'm in GRCC all the drivatars have the names of GRCC members even though I realize I'm not actually beating you guys.

3) Where the gently caress do I find leaderboards for specific tracks for compete for good times?

Go to the track, then class you want to race on within rivals, and hit Y once a rival's time shows up on the right. then hit X to get to the club times, and pick a time out of the list to challenge.

Just the rising sun flag is banned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rising_Sun_Flag

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

TorakFade posted:

I'm utterly mediocre at the game, most of the time on the open-world stuff I land in the 40-60% bracket compared to other goons in the club (except for some jumps and speed traps where I'm 3% thanks to the Jesko :getin: ), how do I actually play with/against others? How does Rivals work? I only did that once for the seasonal objective, crushed it on my first lap and went on to more challenges but now I'm kinda bored with the AI racing and I'd like to either directly (races) or indirectly (rivals? is that the entirety of how it works, you just have to beat times set by others?) compete with goons, or even do stuff cooperatively if that's even possible
Online > Rivals > Horizon Rivals > pick whatever route, then the prompt to change rival is to look at the leaderboard also. You can filter by club if you're in it or just look at the global, someone in GRCC is never far from the top.

Online > Horizon Open > Open Racing is just against randoms, to coordinate you might need to join the discord the ingame isn't user-friendly yet

Poistiant posted:

:sparkles:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Powershift posted:

Go to the track, then class you want to race on within rivals, and hit Y once a rival's time shows up on the right. then hit X to get to the club times, and pick a time out of the list to challenge.

To add to this, you can also pause the game and go to the online tab, then rivals and then the large "Horizon Rivals" button. There you can see all the different tracks and the different classes, press "Y" to "select ghost" to peep the leadboard for that track/class. Very easy way to find people you want to beat or find out what cars people are using to post top times.