Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Sadly no more bears, but the rest of the Freeze crew is pretty.... cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ugleb posted:

i'm about this

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Ugleb posted:

I'm guessing the lady on the ice throne is a revived and pissed-off Nora Friese?

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I'm guessing the lady on the ice throne is a revived and pissed-off Nora Friese?

I think the lady with the big glove on the left is Nora Friese and one on the throne is Killer Frost.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

I think the lady with the big glove on the left is Nora Friese and one on the throne is Killer Frost.

Pretty sure the four bods out front are nameless/minor henchmen and the lady on throne is Killer Frost (by the emblem on her chest).

BMG crews usually have a few mooks to backup the named characters. Heroes get cops, Joker clowns etc.

Nora generally stays in her ice cube.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Dang, they really left Nora out in the cold.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Dang, they really left Nora out in the cold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkTHtWX7CCY

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I thought as much too but that gauntlet is pretty similar to Mrs. Freeze's.

She got revived recently during a crossover where Lex Luthor got super powers and started giving villains what they wanted to gain their loyalty. It's probably just a mook but I could see it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
How is the model quality from that company? Is it soft plastic like CMON, or is it OK plastic like the star wars legion models?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

I thought as much too but that gauntlet is pretty similar to Mrs. Freeze's.

She got revived recently during a crossover where Lex Luthor got super powers and started giving villains what they wanted to gain their loyalty. It's probably just a mook but I could see it.

I see what you mean, I haven't read that one yet. *Goes to check reading list*

Spanish Manlove posted:

How is the model quality from that company? Is it soft plastic like CMON, or is it OK plastic like the star wars legion models?

It goes like this.

1st edition - metal sculpts. Good sculpts, but metal so a deal breaker for some and they were getting expensive due to rising metal costs.

2nd edition - resin. Lovely detail but dear lord it was brittle stuff! They switched to a slightly better resin part way through but it was still problematic.

3rd edition and current - new super flexible plastic resin stuff. I haven't handled it personally but it seems to be going down ok generally and has been in use for awhile now. It reportedly 'tears' if you try to file it but cleans up fine with a sharp blade.

I was talking to someone at a local club who picked up the 3rd ed starter and he seemed happy enough with it.

Basically Knight Models have always put out nice sculpts and crisply detailed castings, it has just been a question of how durable some of them are. And if they are on the ball with quality assurance. I put the game on pause at the end of 2nd edition for a bunch of reasons, but they do seem to be genuinely improving over the last year.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 23, 2021

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ugleb posted:

I see what you mean, I haven't read that one yet. *Goes to check reading list*

It goes like this.

1st edition - metal sculpts. Good sculpts, but metal so a deal breaker for some and they were getting expensive due to rising metal costs.

2nd edition - resin. Lovely detail but dear lord it was brittle stuff! They switched to a slightly better resin part way through but it was still problematic.

3rd edition and current - new super flexible plastic resin stuff. I haven't handled it personally but it seems to be going down ok generally and has been in use for awhile now. It reportedly 'tears' if you try to file it but cleans up fine with a sharp blade.

I was talking to someone at a local club who picked up the 3rd ed starter and he seemed happy enough with it.

Basically Knight Models have always put out nice sculpts and crisply detailed castings, it has just been a question of how durable some of them are. And if they are on the ball with quality assurance. I put the game on pause at the end of 2nd edition for a bunch of reasons, but they do seem to be genuinely improving over the last year.

Thanks!

That's good to hear, and yeah resin is always super sketchy on a durability standpoint from my experience. Luckily these would just be for display and painting as I like painting winter themed stuff or using color palettes on the blue side.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Spanish Manlove posted:

Thanks!

That's good to hear, and yeah resin is always super sketchy on a durability standpoint from my experience. Luckily these would just be for display and painting as I like painting winter themed stuff or using color palettes on the blue side.

I think you would be ok then. KM have always leaned towards the painters market with their sculpts. Over time they have become more 'ornamental' with bigger bases and substantial scenery elements on them, like Killer Frost's throne.

That said Atomic Mass are doing similar with Marvel Crisis Protocol. Apparently comic book games are designed for looking cool first and gameplay second these days.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

....I think they are on point right now!

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

It was a Crisis or two ago, but I thought what happened was that Nora got fire-powers as part of her curing.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

LashLightning posted:

It was a Crisis or two ago, but I thought what happened was that Nora got fire-powers as part of her curing.

If you go back far enough you can probably find a comic where everything happens to every character.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I’m literally painting a Master of Possession right now, so I certify that as a dope-rear end conversion.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Ugleb posted:

If you go back far enough you can probably find a comic where everything happens to every character.

Yeah, but some stories and character development seem to stick if the writers like them enough. 'Freeze finally cures his wife, but she has fire powers and thus forces them apart' seems good enough to stick/repeat through the cycles of people punching reality, auditors of reality being infected with vampirism, etc.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

LashLightning posted:

Yeah, but some stories and character development seem to stick if the writers like them enough. 'Freeze finally cures his wife, but she has fire powers and thus forces them apart' seems good enough to stick/repeat through the cycles of people punching reality, auditors of reality being infected with vampirism, etc.

All true.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Knight models has such an amazing in house painter it's almost discouraging.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

MasterBuilder posted:

Knight models has such an amazing in house painter it's almost discouraging.

If you ever wondered why the 'Eavy Metal team don't ever go crazy with OSL and poo poo like that, this is why.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

AndyElusive posted:

If you ever wondered why the 'Eavy Metal team don't ever go crazy with OSL and poo poo like that, this is why.

I feel like the target audience for this kind of stuff has their commission painter buy it for them anyway.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

drat and already made my Christmas wish list already, wonder if my wife would mind a late addition.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

My wife needs to know the quality of the Nightwing arse.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I'm not even sure what I'm looking at

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

abraham lincoln and an army of turkeys

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Those are turkeys. Why they're assembled in army formation for a minis game I don't loving know.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

apparently the pardoning of turkeys for for thanksgiving began under lincoln so maybe this is some kind of penal battalion

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

im more worried about the turkey with stone pillar up its bum

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Coward posted:

My wife needs to know the quality of the Nightwing arse.

Lovingly sculpted.

But yeah, KM absolutely do target painters and collectors at least as much as they do actual gamers. One of the changes they made for BMG 3rd edition was to put leaders onto 60mm scenic bases, sidekicks/free agents (basically anyone with a recognizable name) onto 40mm scenic bases and just leave the regular henchmen on 30mm.

Most of the leaders now have 40mm base options designed in after the players largely kicked off at the idea of everything lugging scenery pieces around the table on their bases.

Since then though Marvel Crisis Protocol has gone much the same way, so you're kinda stuck with it if you want to play either of the big two supers IP's.

Rick and Morty reference?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
https://twitter.com/DatXDiver/status/1464604732299767808

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Borks and Gobblers.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

That's so cool.

It's especially impressive because it could've easily looked like absolute poo poo.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
someone is making delightful skaven plush toys

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheJongleursDream

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Those are pretty cool but so drat expensive. But that's to be expected at that level that's hand made.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Nebalebadingdong posted:

someone is making delightful skaven plush toys

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheJongleursDream

This is like 200 clams, is that normal for handmade etsy stuff? I actuality have no frame of reference. Looks like they're selling though.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Floppychop posted:

Those are pretty cool but so drat expensive. But that's to be expected at that level that's hand made.

They can't be that...

Oof.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

If anything these are pretty cheap for handmade items with that much detail, I last saw similar stuff going for over 150 USD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
We’re spoiled by foreign made goods manufactured by quasi-slave labor

:smith: