Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

This Sceptered Isle

https://twitter.com/GabrielShoo/status/1462713395745075201

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Maybe it'll achieve more recognition once it's streaming on Quibi.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The virgin inferior copper salesman vs the chad sausage seller

https://twitter.com/OptimoPrincipi/status/1462848275879448578?s=20

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

The virgin inferior copper salesman vs the chad sausage seller

https://twitter.com/OptimoPrincipi/status/1462848275879448578?s=20

quote:

I'll sell it for less and that's cuttin' me own throat

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Memento posted:

Nick Cave wrote a script for that, the Gladiator was an eternal immortal warrior sent back to Earth to kill Jesus Christ, and also fight in every major battle in history.

yeah I've had a copy up for years

http://davidgerard.co.uk/gladiator-2-nick-cave.pdf

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/nick-cave-talks-his-insane-gladiator-sequel-074708607.html

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

:stare: this loving owns what the gently caress. Hollywood make this film you cowards

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I liked Prometheus. It wasn’t great or anything but I enjoyed it. :colbert:

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
i liked it, because i have never seen or cared about alien(s) movies or its lore, but i do enjoy it when hot evil robots terrorise and/or kill boring dipshit humans. so if you're wondering what audience that movie is for... there ya go?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Turpitude II posted:

i liked it, because i have never seen or cared about alien(s) movies or its lore, but i do enjoy it when hot evil robots terrorise and/or kill boring dipshit humans. so if you're wondering what audience that movie is for... there ya go?

what did you think about Hardware and/or Chopping Mall

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

drat, all great until that last page :wtc:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'm not the OP but I'll never miss an opportunity to profess my love of Chopping Mall.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Pastry of the Year posted:

i have not seen them. but perhaps i should! thank you for suggestions.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

https://twitter.com/chunkbardey/status/1462957431961620488?s=21

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Foone has super ADHD. Like, they've posted about it and how it impacts their life. Part of that is that tweet threads take crazy topic shifts. Lunchables seems to think it's some performative thing but I've never gotten that impression.
ADHD is so unlike what people think it is. While flighty, at almost the same time, Foone can latch on and bulldog a tech/topic to absolute death.The foocubus discussion above: I've played Nethack for 20+ years and know the game intimately. He enumerates every death and benefit of that monster's complex interaction with the PC. As I was reading the thread, I was saying to myself, "ah, they've forgotten about...oh no, there it is!" over and over.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1462807804608192514?t=IEF8f0CiHI6D2LSjWsNY_Q

Part of a thread, but works without additional content.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

It's like that Grant Morrison idea of Gotham City constantly trying to make a Batman, only it's England and Brexit

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

bort posted:

ADHD is so unlike what people think it is. While flighty, at almost the same time, Foone can latch on and bulldog a tech/topic to absolute death.The foocubus discussion above: I've played Nethack for 20+ years and know the game intimately. He enumerates every death and benefit of that monster's complex interaction with the PC. As I was reading the thread, I was saying to myself, "ah, they've forgotten about...oh no, there it is!" over and over.
ADHD is, despite the name, better described as a lack of control over what has your attention. The kid thinking about bees instead of homework gets phrased as a lack of paying attention to the homework, but it's equally about the kid finding it very difficult to stop thinking about bees. The former is more visible bevause if a kid shows up to school (or an adult shows up to a meeting) with none of their work done nobody wants to hear about how you spent two days learning the name of every bee.

Then the internet happened and suddenly @GuyWhoNamesEveryBee is doing numbers.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I;m thinking about thos bees

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

I've been diagnosed with ADHD in the last month and it's wild how it reframes so many things.

I wonder whether a "PYF Thing you've realised after being diagnosed with a stupid whirly brain" thread would be of any interest

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Flint_Paper posted:

I've been diagnosed with ADHD in the last month and it's wild how it reframes so many things.

I wonder whether a "PYF Thing you've realised after being diagnosed with a stupid whirly brain" thread would be of any interest

Agree with you on this. I'd be interested in the thread.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I need to go talk to someone about treatment again. I get by fine, but could use some help at times. Would be nice to do it without micro dosing amphetamines too, I didn’t enjoy looking like a meth addict during college; did wonders for my weight though.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Flint_Paper posted:

I got diagnosed earlier this year, at 34 years old. Sure would have been nice to know that 25 years ago where I would have probably had different outcomes in my life!

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Yup. Thirty five here. Genuinely tricky not to get all bitter about it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

In my 30s I realized that I have quite a few attention-deficit and learning disability traits, but they weren't so strong that I couldn't comeup with workaround strategies, or at least through sheer exhausting force of will override them in a pinch, so it never became a Disordered thing for me. I'm not sure how I'd manage if I could simply never control it.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1463188152089260039?s=21

fiscal once again an unstoppable force

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

There's an ADHD support thread in E/N that some of you may be interested in.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Don knows how to set priorities.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
https://twitter.com/DoctorPazuzu/status/1462926690192084994?s=20

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

cw: dead body

https://twitter.com/narrativentist/status/1463025285238906886?t=P6yJvJijFoOMOnfT4L624w&s=19

There was a movie about the 1980 protests in 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbUwOP9HZQk

Somebody has a new favorite as of 15:01 on Nov 24, 2021

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm not the OP but I'll never miss an opportunity to profess my love of Chopping Mall.

:same: but with robots

I also liked Prometheus

The Last Duel would have been better with less rape and more robots

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I guess Foone is just a character you can be on twitter now where you make a really long thread looking for connections between two disparate topics.

What's a foone I'm getting a real baader meinhof effect on it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's a foone I'm getting a real baader meinhof effect on it

This guy
https://twitter.com/Foone
He'll write very long threads that somehow connect very disparate topics in a way that makes sense if you read the long rear end tweet thread, but if you jump in at different parts you'll be like "you the gently caress did you get from a to b?"

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Alternatively, they’re the person that hacked a pregnancy test to run doom.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Wasn't sold at first but now I love them

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Not just a pregnancy test, though. If you give Foone a computer system, they're going to try to run Doom on it. They will probably succeed.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

They cannibalized a pregnancy test to use it as a display for Doom; Doom itself was running on different hardware.

They have gotten Doom to run on a lot of unreasonable things, though.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Foone also does all kinds of amazing retro hardware poo poo. And their threads of just looking at weird connectors/cables/adaptors on AliExpress are good fun. And apparently they have a cool youtube channel about old software, but I don't watch that.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

bort posted:

That’s hyperfocus. A bunch of boys are G&T and ADHD simultaneously and never get the G&T diagnosis because the ADHD.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Bar Ran Dun posted:

That’s hyperfocus. A bunch of boys are G&T and ADHD simultaneously and never get the G&T diagnosis because the ADHD.

What the hell is G&T

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

What the hell is G&T

Gin and Tonic, don't mind if I do.