Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

cirus posted:

Ever get the feeling you're only going with girls 'cause you're supposed to?

Their really should be more Futurama references in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I don't have a favorite yet as I'm just really getting into racing sims now. iRacing looks great, but I can see the money-sink aspect. Assetto corsa seems like something I can get into for the time being.

AC owns, yeah. Also give R3E a try, it’s an overlooked treasure imo and IIRC F2P (for couple of tracks and cars, the rest has to be bought) and they usually have pretty good Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals like “get all the content for 75% off, which is still some money…like…I guess a tonk in Star Citizen or so. Also has a pretty good VR implementation. In regard to VR, if PCars2 is on a good deal, give it a try. It’s no hardcore sim and the AI is stupid as gently caress, but the weather effects etc. are really something everyone should have experienced. Running through the night at Nords in an LMP1-coffin while a thunderstorm roars is cool.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Dementropy posted:

Let's not confuse apostates. I'm sure that Kazan is still doing what he does best. And by that I mean getting banned by mods on subreddits left and right for being extremely toxic.

Keramz on the other hand seems to be a helpful person.

Oh god I forgot who that Kazan was!

Keramz was in the shiny ranks of the whitest knights though for sure. Miribot brought us many tales of his adventures

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Have we given any thought to how we should celebrate the 10th anniversary of Star Citizen being announced? Perhaps a special thread collating all the greatest lols and content in one place? Pay Brian Blessed to read out Stimpire.txt in his best Flash Gordon voice?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

ManofManyAliases posted:

iRacing looks great, but I can see the money-sink aspect.

Oh, come on! You're just baiting us now!

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

I don't have a favorite yet as I'm just really getting into racing sims now. iRacing looks great, but I can see the money-sink aspect. Assetto corsa seems like something I can get into for the time being.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is the best racing sim.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/Damf8vs.mp4

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Just play forza you nerds

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Just shoot all the space ships with machine guns.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

lobsterminator posted:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is the best racing sim.

Burnout 3 is the best racing sim.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Theotus posted:

If you like Burnout and haven’t checked out Wreckfest I highly recommend it

Kopitar
May 21, 2009
https://www.fark.com/comments/11929929/Not-many-video-games-can-make-$400M-from-players-before-even-releasing#new

one dude defending the game while everyone dunks on it, it really is a cult

'....do you think they've fully invested all $400M into the game already?

Also, 9 years from pitch to current alpha is not that absurd for development time. You people act like if games aren't developed in 3 years, they'll never come out.'

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Its. A. PRE. ALPHA.

We're not YET alpha.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tell me you're a middle aged guy who's sexually frustrated that you can't bang the girls 20 years younger than you at work without telling me you're a middle aged guy who's sexually frustrated that you can't bang the girls 20 years younger than you at work.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
That, or you're literally the reason why #metoo exists and why women can't just be safe anywhere and I hope you feel real bad about being a scumbag.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Oh man. Imagine seeing a photo of a bikini girl in game. Oh man. The things I would do. Oh man.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0I04pXOlmw&t=30s

e: the themes of distress and decay are a great fit for SC

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 23, 2021

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

The Titanic posted:

Self insert as a hero always makes me :lol:

But it's whatever. Creative bankruptcy is not exactly an unknown option. At least we finally get to answer the question of "what if that failing project just didn't get cancelled, and what if we plug a guy into it who is incapable of completing a project, and what if that guy hasn't even been relevant since the 90's? And what if we gave them infinite money and time?!"

Your quote made me go reread the plaque and I've realized that he hasn't even really self-inserted as the hero. For normal people, the 'heroes' (or at least people of interest) would be the team of engineers and scientists that developed the quantum engine. What he's done here is self-insert himself as a worthless money-man like Elon Musk, because that's who Chris Roberts thinks of as being the actual hero.

Luckily the sort of people who think racial slurs are only bad if it's public and are healthy heterosexual men are also the sort of people that idolize "businessmen". So he's really tapped the convergence of multiple streams of idiocy here.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
Healthy heterosexual men who enjoy punching their co-workers in the genitals

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Regarde Aduck posted:

Just play forza you nerds

But where is the immersion? and sim

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

ein Sternenbürger einen Normalen habend nach dem kotaku 400 Millionen Artikel posted:

Oje, wie die alle abgehen ohne irgendwas zu wissen. Sie meinen wir sind der Kult, aber sie sind da wie die Antifa. Hauptsache Anti und den selben blödsinn wie ein Gebet am runterleiern...

a citizen having a normal one in response to the kotaku 400 mil article posted:

They're all writing poo poo without knowing anything. They think we're a cult but they are like antifa. They're just anti and keep repeating the same bullshit...

proud to be an antifaSCist

IAbsolveMyself
Feb 9, 2020
These brainworms hit different....

quote:

CIG did intended to have full planetary surfaces after the game launched, but it is true they wanted to start with a limited landing zone point of interest area. That which is some what smaller than a full whole planetary surfaces.

Anyways, what the players were consulted on were to vote for the planetary computer procedural generation before the game launch and the over whelming vote was yes.

quote:

Yes good point, they did put it up for a vote.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Ah yes the good ol' players vote swaying a 400million dollar game development studio to 'do it shittier'

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
someone needs to create a bot/script to flood the vote with No votes since its still active and free-fly days allow forum use.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Elerion posted:

Oh man. Imagine seeing a photo of a bikini girl in game. Oh man. The things I would do. Oh man.

Nintendo knew what it was doing in the original metroid. Hubba hubba

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bronze Fonz posted:

Ok I got it. How about MTV Cribs but in space yachts where fake space celebrities show off their fancy space yachts, the ones that come with like 4-5 wine glasses?

That might be actually interesting in some way, so it wouldn't fit in with the rest of the 'Verse at all.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

smellmycheese posted:

Have we given any thought to how we should celebrate the 10th anniversary of Star Citizen being announced? Perhaps a special thread collating all the greatest lols and content in one place? Pay Brian Blessed to read out Stimpire.txt in his best Flash Gordon voice?

I plan to celebrate by not thinking about, talking about, or posting about Star Citizen

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Bronze Fonz posted:

Ok I got it. How about MTV Cribs but in space yachts where fake space celebrities show off their fancy space yachts, the ones that come with like 4-5 wine glasses?

"This is where the magic happens..."

Camera pans to bedroom where a woman in lingerie is t-posing, halfway clipped through the bed.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

lobsterminator posted:

"This is where the magic happens..."

Camera pans to bedroom where a woman in lingerie is t-posing, halfway clipped through the bed.

Oh man. The things I would do. Oh man.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:
It's that time again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOFwUsmEZ4E

E: lol chris thinks you can swim in space

Mellow_ fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 23, 2021

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Mellow_ posted:

It's that time again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOFwUsmEZ4E

E: lol chris thinks you can swim in space

Like, having them pay tribute to the infamous Lord British interview would be fun, to hilight how ignorant CR was, if this were a viable game. But at this point it's mainly just a middle finger to backers that this is all just a joke that made $400M.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Blue On Blue posted:

Ok i recorded my 2nd attempt at playing this dumpster fire

Enjoy watching this boring unimaginative drivel as much as I enjoyed bashing my head against it

Video 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Hh0FbfcM0

Notes: the first 8 or so minutes are purely wandering around and finding the space port so I can get a ship (and I even knew where to go after my first attempt, this is pretty well a direct-run with no detours)

@ 4:40 notice there is an entire hallway section from somewhere else plopped into the middle of this area, perfectly normal

9min to 19min is mostly futzing around trying to figure out how to do anything, like plot a course (do you single click? double click? who knows) and finally getting on the way to pickup a box

notice how cluttered the UI is at any turn the chat is always there, and if you're looking at the mobiglass thing items are still superimposed overtop of that, making it a real treat to tell what is what

@26 min approaching the landing zone to pickup the box... the planet IS pretty I will give them that, but utterly devoid of anything going on. WHERE ARE THE OTHER PLAYERS?

It's a free fly I was expecting people everywhere, but I think I only see ONE other player the entire time I played

@30 min, finally I have the package I came for. Notice it sounds like a 4 gun salute each time I pick it up. That's fun. Made me look around and thought I was being attacked

Yes this is the fastest you can move holding that box out in front of you, hope you landed close to the pickup point!

Cut !

Video 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIUH9h5fQ2w

Resume!

@1min, I use the mobiglass and it drops my box, fair enough... picking it up again we are assaulted with what sounds like 4 rifles going off. It's very disturbing

Lets repeat it just to make sure. Yep, still does it each time. Great

Also note I've somehow turned on my headlamp, this will come into play later

@1:50 I drop my box onto the cargo 'deck' of my ship. I am thinking surely there is no way this will stay here. But leave it here we shall

@3min the headlamp comes back to haunt me. As you can see it is extremely fidelitous as the headlamp washes out the HUD of the ship completely making it pretty well useless. I try to turn it off, check the keybinds, L ... hmm doesn't seem to do anything except turn on and off the ship lights

@10min I decide to try taking off my helmet, FIXED! Also note how cramped the cabin is, the second you stand up from your chair you're literally pressing your nose into the cockpit door. I assume this is designed this way so you want to buy a larger ship

@12min, I am as surprised as you are. The box is still attached to my cargo deck... thingy.

@13min MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! I somehow managed to deliver this box. The guy behind the desk seems overly thrilled about it, he's speechless you could say

Video 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4xv4j4jirw

This video is mostly be getting super bored after delivering that box, and trying to kill myself.

I cruise over the terrain and try to ram into it, eventually @6min I manage to succeed. The sweet release of death. OR IS IT

For the next 2 minutes, the game has me suspended in a dying state, but my guy refuses to give in. I'm also still able to activate my mobiglass and head lamp for some reason. Nothing else seems to work. I think this stage of dying is only supposed to be like 10 seconds, but I'm somehow very lucky and get to watch it do this for 2 minutes of my life.

I was going to end the video here, but surprise @8min in I awaken inside the medical facility.

You'll notice this is a fully equipped hospital room, with a few assault rifles strewn across the floor, just incase the doctor get's impatient

The end is just more corridors, doors, and oh boy elevators too.

Special featurette - @10 min you can see the not-faked elevator warp through me before arriving at the elevator doors

Video 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVgyzboHEvo

First few minutes are more boring corridors and elevators, and a train (don't watch if you have epilepsy, jesus chris)

@30seconds - our friend the copy-paste corridor come back to haunt

@3min HOLY poo poo ANOTHER PLAYER

And well that's it, I simply can't stand this game world any longer and kindly ask a commando how to end it all.

The mere thought of having to run around the corridors any longer, looking for a elevator to a convention hall, so I can maybe buy a new space ship. It's enough to make me want to just press backspace until everything is fine again.

At least the nice lady sitting where I died didn't seem very offput by the corpse at her feet.

Neat outfit she had on though, big fan of the penguin tail look

Total play time: 1 hour

Total fun had: None

The only nice thing I can say about it this time around, is it didn't crash once? I mean it looks nice in spots, ran somewhat decent (still lots of stutters)

If it had any sort of fun, engaging, or creative gameplay loops it may be worth spending time on. But it feels like a single player game at this point more than anything else. Literally no one around to interact with or even shoot at. How boring

Thank god for play speed x2. Although for Star Citizen gameplay, I think Youtube needs to implement a x3 option.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i scrolled to a random point in one of the videos and, does the UI font *always* do that bullshit where random lines are randomly unreadable?

because that poo poo's an express train to headachesville lmfao

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

The Titanic posted:

Tell me you're a middle aged guy who's sexually frustrated that you can't bang the girls 20 years younger than you at work without telling me you're a middle aged guy who's sexually frustrated that you can't bang the girls 20 years younger than you at work.

Would any SC fans like to see some jiggle in the game? posted:

https://v.redd.it/yr7q8f9ohb181/DASH_1080.mp4

Would anyone like some jiggle. Tried the other sub but their rules suck. Prolly cuz this isn’t in, yet… posted:

https://v.redd.it/yr7q8f9ohb181/DASH_1080.mp4

Threads dead but you ever have fun after some bong rips and after play you’ve got someone in your bed just chilling to music you give em a little spank ? Chill friends buddies whatever. I liked playing mirror conspiracy. You just hang out and chill. Used to date as hobby.

My profiles karma before I nuked it and it became SC focused was in dating advice.

It wasn’t just about going out for a goal. It was about going out to have fun w/out a goal in mind. I realized this one day while driving up a hill. It was about inviting someone to join you while you enjoying a night out at the end of the week.

Everything else unfolds after that.

Once I left off base w/some buddies while in school. We got a hotel for the weekend in town. They took off to a strip club but I had a date. The moment I met her I just made out with her. We had been speaking for a while.

I was up for coffee but there wasn’t anyplace near so we just went back to the room. My buddies where out paying for shows and tease while I was having fun with someone.

I was kind of a stepping stone tho. I never stuck around other long term. But I think the things I did especially with moms built up confidence in them. And with that, some used it to get their life going again w/someone while I traveled about.

Good friends. Never burn bridges, just have fun and be real.

I used to have what I called sanctuaries. Sometimes I’d be drained after a bit. Usually older women who I was friends with. It wasn’t just sex. I could just chill there over the weekend at their place and relax as friends. I’d cook and stuff too for us. They helped me recharge before I went out again for a while.

Iv met not just girls, but women. Girls are fun. Women are interesting.

quote:

I’m just chatting man. Some people would like boob physics for example. And bobbies can very significantly just as a guys junk can.

Aren’t we adults here ?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Mirificus posted:

quote:

Aren’t we adults here ?

No?
I would somewhat expect adults to exhibit a slightly different behaviour than hormone-addled teenagers.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
Ah yes, the fidelitous "Crobble wobble"

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Theotus posted:

ridge racer 1 is the best racing sim

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Sarsapariller posted:

I plan to celebrate by not thinking about, talking about, or posting about Star Citizen

i will open a good vintage pepsi and fart into my chair.

also: hey sarsa! long time no see

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Mirificus posted:

quote:

And bobbies can very significantly just as a guys junk can. Aren’t we adults here ?

quote:

And bobbies can very significantly just as a guys junk can. Aren’t we adults here ?

quote:

quote:

quote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Truga posted:

i scrolled to a random point in one of the videos and, does the UI font *always* do that bullshit where random lines are randomly unreadable?

because that poo poo's an express train to headachesville lmfao

Yes

Both the UI and textures throughout the game world will load in at super low res half the time and full res the other half

I noticed it a lot on things like the transit maps which were completely un readable