Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

The Perfect Element posted:

I thoroughly recommend foraging for liberty caps, or hell, just foraging in general, to all goons.

Every year, a bunch of us go to this amazing spot in Wales, hire an Airbnb, pick shrooms in the mountains all day, then go home and brew them all up in tea.

The foraging itself is just such a lovely way to spend a few hours. It's very peaceful, and you really have an opportunity to have some great conversations, or just be alone with your thoughts while focusing on a simple activity. Plus, you know, if you have a successful day then you can get delightfully high in the evening as well.

God bless whichever of our ancestors that went through possibly the first actual scientific investigation at some point in prehistory to work out which of the weird things under the trees taste nice, which kill you in abject agony, and which let you talk to a 9-armed forest spirit who explains the nature of the universe.

e: just gonna reuse this image from yesterday because the cat is out dealing with his nemesis

Also last night I dreamed that there was a rule saying only I was allowed to snipe in this thread which might be the saddest dream I've ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Total Meatlove posted:

Max Schrems - the guy behind noyb.eu and thorn in the side of Zuckerberg and facebook not facebook meta has just referred the entire Irish Data Protection Commission to the Austrian police's corruption department because they've effectively told him, as party to a case against Facebook, to sign an NDA or be removed from the case entirely - and then they actually removed him.

:lol:

https://noyb.eu/en/irish-dpc-removes-noyb-gdpr-procedure-criminal-report-filed

Why Austria?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Also last night I dreamed that there was a rule saying only I was allowed to snipe in this thread which might be the saddest dream I've ever had.

Obviously all your brain's creative juices were used up in that printed gun thames tunnel shootout

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I'm too scared of death to forage for wild shrooms, or forage in general. Brambles are my limit, any other berry nut or herb, no chance.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Jedit posted:

Why Austria?

Where he's based. Also it's fast becoming clear that Ireland are an almost textbook example of regulatory capture and the Commission are going to have to step in. The principle of 'wherever they're based, that country''s DPC will deal with it' is clearly broken.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

The best way to fix this problem is to smoke weed.

No seriously, I hated the smell until I smoked it, and now I love the smell. It rewired my brain :)

Bit hosed up imo

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

keep punching joe posted:

I'm too scared of death to forage for wild shrooms, or forage in general. Brambles are my limit, any other berry nut or herb, no chance.

foraging for mushrooms is cool and incredibly relaxing, but probably best done under supervision of someone who is familiar with what grows in the foraging area of choice, at least for the first several times. that said, i know quite a few people who forage for own consumption (though none of them live in the UK) and none of them have died from food poisoning yet, so i'd say it's safe enough :v:

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

Total Meatlove posted:

Where he's based. Also it's fast becoming clear that Ireland are an almost textbook example of regulatory capture and the Commission are going to have to step in. The principle of 'wherever they're based, that country''s DPC will deal with it' is clearly broken.

Having previously dealt with Irish regulators I am sadly unsurprised by this.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Always a good sign when they need to put out a statement that the PM is not pissing and making GBS threads himself

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1463151371054632972?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
arum arum aaaaaaaaag, says No 10

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1463159113412710415
Parent of the year.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

According to this episode the UKMT is full of lib dems

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Dabir posted:

Bit hosed up imo

I was a more than "a bit" hosed up on that occasion.

But lightly less hosed up than the time I "discovered" God was communicating to me through advertisements and shop frontages. (e: backwards in time, too, that sneaky god)

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Andoman posted:

Yeah through my work I've seen how terrified the regulators are of upsetting the big multinationals.
An exec from Apple, Facebook or any of them could probably walk into a regulators office, gun down a random employee and have the management asking them if they need a hand to cover it up.

They walk on eggshells not to upset them. But of course it's a top down practice, they are taught to be that way by the politicians who run the country.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Andoman posted:

Yeah having lived here all my life I am also deeply unsurprised - this country is full of sad grasping little men who will kowtow to any multinational in exchange for a nice dinner and the chance to put out a "200 jobs created in my constituency" press release

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Famous lib dem guavanaut

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

To be fair, some of us believed in Nick, but that was over 11 years ago now.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

It probably was around the time he says he was was last an active user.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Attn Camrath - I've done some market research for you:

https://twitter.com/ianvisits/status/1463129701195698185

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Attn Camrath - I've done some market research for you:

https://twitter.com/ianvisits/status/1463129701195698185

I've been making plans for xmas flavours, and Black Forest was one I'd missed off.. good catch! Ta :)

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

The Perfect Element posted:

I thoroughly recommend foraging for liberty caps, or hell, just foraging in general, to all goons.

Every year, a bunch of us go to this amazing spot in Wales, hire an Airbnb, pick shrooms in the mountains all day, then go home and brew them all up in tea.

The foraging itself is just such a lovely way to spend a few hours. It's very peaceful, and you really have an opportunity to have some great conversations, or just be alone with your thoughts while focusing on a simple activity. Plus, you know, if you have a successful day then you can get delightfully high in the evening as well.
My buddy I mentioned upthread is getting well into mushroom hunting. Not just the magic ones, it sounds like a cool hobby in general & I'm gutted I've been too busy to head out with him. There's loads of delicious edible ones about, but you can also just like, go looking at cool mushrooms, take some pictures, then go home & get a book out & learn about what you found.

Here's some of the mushroom photos I've been sent lately:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Camrath posted:

I've been making plans for xmas flavours, and Black Forest was one I'd missed off.. good catch! Ta :)

You're thinking of mince pie fudge, aren't you? This is ur-fudgism. "Thus, by a continual shifting of recipe focus, the fudge is at the same time both disgusting and delicious."

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Camrath posted:

Dont forget “Prosecco and Tears”

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Jedit posted:

You're thinking of mince pie fudge, aren't you? This is ur-fudgism. "Thus, by a continual shifting of recipe focus, the fudge is at the same time both disgusting and delicious."

Yeah, but the test batch came out wrong.

The brandy-snap fudge was/is loving amazing though. :D

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

It's the Christmas in Ireland sale. All 32 counties are buy one get one

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

sinky posted:

Always a good sign when they need to put out a statement that the PM is not pissing and making GBS threads himself

My "I have not poo poo my pants" shirt, etc

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

TACD posted:

Boris is fit for service and has Britain's best interest in mind.

Resparking the troubles and sticking it to french fisherman. I mean he's a modern day Margaret thatcher!!!

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

My friend has a website where he uses data models to predict where liberty caps grow, for those of you who may enjoy a bit of foraging :)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

That owns

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
We're not allowed to post photoshops of famous people laying wreaths and poo poo anymore?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, it was a bit disappointing that they basically had no knowledge of what the forum has been like since 2009 or whatever.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Comrade Fakename posted:

Yeah, it was a bit disappointing that they basically had no knowledge of what the forum has been like since 2009 or whatever.

Yeah it definitely seemed like Nate's knowledge of SA was limited to GBS and pretty much entirely pre 2008

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

https://twitter.com/wossy/status/1463070475349905410

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

sinky posted:

I'm imagining Dr Who sidling up to Rishi Sunak and saying: "Don't you think he looks tired?"

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Won't you try the magic truffles, daaaaaaarling?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/nov/23/i-have-adhd-and-was-scared-of-psychedelics-then-i-found-myself-eating-magic-truffles-

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

It's amazing that people are still getting fiscal'd

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

If anything he's fiscal'ing higher and harder than ever before.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

TACD posted:

Shat. Past tense.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah it definitely seemed like Nate's knowledge of SA was limited to GBS and pretty much entirely pre 2008

Maybe some of our PraxisCast pals can update them? You guys are all left celebs now, aren't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Angrymog posted:

Shat. Past tense.
I feel confident that Boris Johnson is making GBS threads himself whatever he's doing right now as well