Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/RedNeckWins/status/1463180806696931335

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

https://twitter.com/redneckwins/status/1463208636260524042?s=21
Something a definitely vaxxed person says when asked if they’re vaxxed

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

GonSmithe posted:

https://twitter.com/redneckwins/status/1463208636260524042?s=21
Something a definitely vaxxed person says when asked if they’re vaxxed

*Aaron Rodgers voice* I’m immunized

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Was the Vegas gp seriously a non vax certificate thing?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

pokecapn posted:

Post The Deck. And start using https://www.17lands.com if you can so you can Post The Draft too.

Thanks for the tip! I went ahead and downloaded it and it actually grabbed all the details of my latest draft / deck and I have linked them below. Just some context though this is the second Premium draft I have ever done so I know I probably made a lot of dumb decisions drafting. But I want to get better so would appreciate any advice.

Draft
https://www.17lands.com/draft/36bcb0e9c79f44a3be1a45b7209eade3

Deck
https://www.17lands.com/deck/36bcb0e9c79f44a3be1a45b7209eade3

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

ilmucche posted:

Was the Vegas gp seriously a non vax certificate thing?

Yep, it was proof of vaxx OR negative covid test

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

So this guy is telling people he didn't get infected at the GP despite having to provide a negative test to enter

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Tarnop posted:

So this guy is telling people he didn't get infected at the GP despite having to provide a negative test to enter

it was incredibly risky and stupid, but it's entirely possible he was already infected but had a negative test before the viral load reached detectable levels. that's one of the problems with COVID, it's contagious period is before it's symptomatic. so yeah if you were unvaxxed at the GP, you've been exposed and should isolate.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

GonSmithe posted:

Yep, it was proof of vaxx OR negative covid test

The negative covid test wiggle room is loving bullshit. Very sick of this nonsense.

Not targeted at you or anything, just stating in general.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Arivia posted:

it was incredibly risky and stupid, but it's entirely possible he was already infected but had a negative test before the viral load reached detectable levels. that's one of the problems with COVID, it's contagious period is before it's symptomatic. so yeah if you were unvaxxed at the GP, you've been exposed and should isolate.

That makes sense. I'll admit I'm not too up on the precise mechanics of testing because I had to stop following a lot of covid news for the sake of my brain

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Were they demanding a properly done negative test, or was it the self-adminstered thing where you can just lie and say you did it (or do it honestly but not stick the thing far enough up your nose)?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
For what it's worth, "Negative test from qualified source" is basically what a lot of large-scale events are doing. It's pretty standard.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Toshimo posted:

For what it's worth, "Negative test from qualified source" is basically what a lot of large-scale events are doing. It's pretty standard.

and it's still complete trash. double vaxx or don't go, only exception is if you have a government accepted medical exemption. but I'm a Canadian and the handling in the US is pretty different.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Speaking of I just scheduled my booster for next week. Let's gooooooo

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Speaking of I just scheduled my booster for next week. Let's gooooooo

Collector or Set

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I got my booster today and fully expect to spend all day tomorrow faffing about on Arena while shivering uncontrollably. :thumbsup:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fadam posted:

Collector or Set

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

fadam posted:

Collector or Set

Traditional Games > Magic: The Gathering: Free boosters at your local drugstore

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

AlternateNu posted:

I got my booster today and fully expect to spend all day tomorrow faffing about on Arena while shivering uncontrollably. :thumbsup:

The first two hosed me up real bad but I barely noticed getting my third. Take it off work anyway tho B)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Second dose hosed me up the next day, I scheduled my booster for next Thursday so I should be good by Saturday for the store championship

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

fadam posted:

The first two hosed me up real bad but I barely noticed getting my third. Take it off work anyway tho B)

Weirdly the opposite; my first and second dose were basically fine, then the booster knocked me out of commission for a day.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Eej posted:

Yeah I dunno, something about going to the state with 2,500 new covid cases per day seems like something I can't imagine wanting to do.

Can't believe people were saying I was crazy that maybe going to a convention in Vegas might be a bad idea

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Don’t worry I cast Snakeskin Veil on myself so I can’t be targeted by covid

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Don’t worry I cast Snakeskin Veil on myself so I can’t be targeted by covid

Sorry, Covid doesn't target, it's "all creatures"

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I got my Moderna Masters booster last Friday.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Moderna horizon boosters available now

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Eej posted:

Can't believe people were saying I was crazy that maybe going to a convention in Vegas might be a bad idea

Numbers from large concerts and whatnot have been showing that the rates are very low in events like this that require proof of vax or negative test (the negative test part is dogshit and I wish it wasn't there, but it is), fortunately. There were "only" 203 confirmed cases, with 0 hospitalizations out of 385,000~ people who attended Lollapalooza a couple of months ago.

The "only" is the part that comes down to personal decision though. It's a low risk, but the risk is still there. It would be even less if it was only vaxxed.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
iirc indoor gatherings do not have a significant increase in risk over outdoor gatherings if sufficient hygienic practices are followed. This being Nevada, I don't really have a strong faith in that.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I braved all four days of New York Comic Con a few weeks back and came out unscathed. But yeah. It all comes down to a personal choice.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I drafted at Walgreens and I think I messed up, went mostly Pfizer but splashed in some J&J for tempo

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I Before E posted:

I drafted at Walgreens and I think I messed up, went mostly Pfizer but splashed in some J&J for tempo

This is totally playable imo. It can do well against two of the most popular builds in the format (Pfizer aggro and Moderna aggro mono builds).

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Playing mono white (Got Mono and I’m white)

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I'm playing mono clonal agro with some steroids for high end

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

vaccines

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Playing mono white (Got Mono and I’m white)

You have to kiss somebody to get that. Sounds like someone is splashing green.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
I play Red/White blood cell pillow fort.

Covid loses interest and concedes

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Going in coughing with a playset of

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
God ikoria was such a fun draft format

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oh no it’s fine everyone, it’s just

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
If anyone is interested in a real good high-level look-in on EDH as a format concept right now, this is a really good video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIoABZJo_mI