Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

norp posted:

Clive is so horrifically unpopular in WA this will be amazing to watch over here.

Yeah, but Clive isn't the face of the party anymore.

All the ads I've seen have been Craig Kelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Nobody outside Sydney knows or cares who Craig Kelly is and after McGowan's landslide and the intensification of existing animosity towards the eastern states and Canberra, I would be very surprised if WA doesn't swing strongly towards Labor.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

freebooter posted:

Nobody outside Sydney knows or cares who Craig Kelly is and after McGowan's landslide and the intensification of existing animosity towards the eastern states and Canberra, I would be very surprised if WA doesn't swing strongly towards Labor.

Im certainly hoping there will be a swing towards ALP, but I don't think it will be as big as some people think. Daddy McGowan isn't as popular as he was before.

Launchpad McQuack
Oct 21, 2010

NPR Journalizard posted:

Im certainly hoping there will be a swing towards ALP, but I don't think it will be as big as some people think. Daddy McGowan isn't as popular as he was before.

Anyone that has been near the hospital system recently turns against him pretty quick.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Launchpad McQuack posted:

Anyone that has been near the hospital system recently turns against him pretty quick.

Yeah, thats what I have heard as well. Its a bit annoying, because currently we have the choice between McGowan, who hasn't fixed the many problems with the health system, or some unknown lib, who caused the problems with the health system.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
If you haven't got a better job now, it's close to being too late. ABC tonight every person asked was "opening the boarders to low wages is exactly what's needed"!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

radio national told albanese indue was a scare campaign like mediscare lmao gg election

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

radio national told albanese indue was a scare campaign like mediscare lmao gg election

:thanks:

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Animal Friend posted:

Clive Palmer and the LNP nutting

Yeah, this image is pulled from a Guardian article from 2019, some stooge posted it to Twitter but then stated that currently there is no preference deal but eh it's only a matter of time til they cut one up.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/apr/25/liberal-party-strikes-deal-to-exchange-election-preferences-with-clive-palmer

My favourite pull from UAP is Craig Kelly stating he is in favour of ICAC when his voting history is in strong opposition of ICAC. These guys will do anything to get reelected.

Liberals have grabbed Melanie Gibbons former State MP for Holsworthy to run for Hughes, I reckon she'll have it easily. Politically, I think she only votes on the party lines, but hey what's new?

Craig Kelly will be some dunce who runs every few years, maybe he'll do a Latham and somehow get in on state politics on a One Nation or UAP backing, with the benefit of a broader online following than Hughes votes alone.

woofbro fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 23, 2021

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

lol katter still a fuckhead

https://twitter.com/aussienproud14/status/1462541606104420362

just popping down to the local members office to let them know i got vaccinated and am now deaed

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 23, 2021

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Where is the investigative journalism interviewing all these crippled for life people?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

JBP posted:

Where is the investigative journalism interviewing all these crippled for life people?

You can't interview a corpse that's been disappeared and turned into weetbix as part of the great 5g illuminati conspiracy.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

JBP posted:

Obviously it’s suppressed by the mainstream media as they’re working with the NWO and you have to get the truth from Katter/real news or ‘do your own research’.
—-
What’s the current thoughts on when the next election will be? I’m expecting (guessing) he’ll try to leave it as late as possible, so late April or so.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

woofbro posted:

Yeah, this image is pulled from a Guardian article from 2019, some stooge posted it to Twitter but then stated that currently there is no preference deal but eh it's only a matter of time til they cut one up.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/apr/25/liberal-party-strikes-deal-to-exchange-election-preferences-with-clive-palmer

My favourite pull from UAP is Craig Kelly stating he is in favour of ICAC when his voting history is in strong opposition of ICAC. These guys will do anything to get reelected.

Liberals have grabbed Melanie Gibbons former State MP for Holsworthy to run for Hughes, I reckon she'll have it easily. Politically, I think she only votes on the party lines, but hey what's new?

Craig Kelly will be some dunce who runs every few years, maybe he'll do a Latham and somehow get in on state politics on a One Nation or UAP backing, with the benefit of a broader online following than Hughes votes alone.

I live in Craig Kelly's district, and i think people are overestimating how much people like him. No one likes him, not even LNP supporters (in fact many really hate him). Everyone was already pissed about the pre-selection crap that went on at the last two elections. He's gone at the election, and I'd be surprised if he ever comes back.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

lol katter still a fuckhead

https://twitter.com/aussienproud14/status/1462541606104420362

just popping down to the local members office to let them know i got vaccinated and am now deaed

Nature is healing

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If covid didn't get those 8 people then the crocs would have

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Cut off before the names of the great jurists what I can only expect have nothing to do with Australia

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Nov 23, 2021

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

bowmore posted:

If covid didn't get those 8 people then the crocs would have

Control the croc population by feeding them people spiked with covid

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Every three months someone is torn to pieces by bats in Kew Gardens

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

a face that screams do coke with trust me

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

"just the tip, I swear"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lol everyone's getting their kicks in

why would you lie on something that you've definitely done before, on camera, repeatedly?

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Nov 24, 2021

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
This new phase of Scomo trying to Trump his way through being caught lying is truly, truly pathetic. You ain't got it bitch, stop

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Synthbuttrange posted:

lol everyone's getting their kicks in

why would you lie on something that you've definitely done before, on camera, repeatedly?

Scott Morrison believes he has never told a lie in public life. Belief really is doing a lot of heavy lifting for him.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Eediot Jedi posted:

Scott Morrison believes he has never told a lie in public life. Belief really is doing a lot of heavy lifting for him.

Scostanza

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The attack ads write themselves. Just juxtapose his denials with the truth.

Of course we'll just get grayscale scary pictures and ominous music, a tried and tested election success!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Tim Smith giving me dune vibes.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

yeah, dune coke

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Re: Tim Smith.

Do we know when/if the by election for his seat will be?

Also, has any right-wing think tank/corporation offered him a seat on their board for a 6 figure do nothing salaried position yet?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

BrigadierSensible posted:

Re: Tim Smith.

Do we know when/if the by election for his seat will be?

Also, has any right-wing think tank/corporation offered him a seat on their board for a 6 figure do nothing salaried position yet?

Don’t believe he’s resigning, just not standing for re-election in November 2022

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Eediot Jedi posted:

Just like in his 'divine right to be a bigot' legislation he's trying to bring in again.

As long as it's a sincere belief you will be allowed to say all those [minority group] are dirty [slurs] and openly discriminate against them.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I thought the same thing, the man's two bottles of Bundy from becoming a Navigator

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Just like in his 'divine right to be a bigot' legislation he's trying to bring in again.

As long as it's a sincere belief you will be allowed to say all those [minority group] are dirty [slurs] and openly discriminate against them.

I read it a little differently.

As I read it if you say "All poofs are evil." That's against the law and you will be done for a number of hate crime/discrimination based offences.

But under the ScoMo's proposed laws if you say "All poofs are evil ... because Jesus says so." then that is protected and no-one can dare criticize or contradict you for fear of falling afoul of the previously mentioned hate crime/discrimination laws.

I am happy for someone with more knowledge/understanding of the law to correct me.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

As I read it if you say "All poofs are evil." That's against the law and you will be done for a number of hate crime/discrimination based offences.

But under the ScoMo's proposed laws if you say "All poofs are evil ... because Jesus says so." then that is protected and no-one can dare criticize or contradict you for fear of falling afoul of the previously mentioned hate crime/discrimination laws.

I am happy for someone with more knowledge/understanding of the law to correct me.

I don't think it works like that, but religious orgs could make employment decisions based on your adherence to their faith. As long as they don't say the all poofs are evil part out loud and instead say they want A Good Christian they're good.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
Scott Morrisons personal motto:
That didn't happen. And if it did, it wasn't that bad. And if it was, that's not a big deal. And if it is, that's not my fault. And if it was, I didn't mean it. And if I did... You deserved it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

the phrases 'embattled Prime Minister Scott Morrison' and 'new prime minister Peter Dutton' keep haunting me

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

norp posted:

Clive is so horrifically unpopular in WA this will be amazing to watch over here.

The last election they got fewer first preference votes than One Nation. It's gonna be an enjoyable slow moving Trainwreck this time round with Craig "Azerbaijan" Kelly at the helm. My prediction us a slap fight in Hughes between him and the Liberal candidate will result in a liberal win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

That's it in a nutshell. Just say my religion says I don't have to employ those drat gays/Muslims/Aboriginals/etc and you're set.

And this is the watered down version - the original didn't even worry about "sincere" beliefs.

I was so worried it was going to get pushed through during the worst of covid when everyone was so preoccupied. Now he's trying to do it when the pandemic is finally slowing right down in this country and people have the time to go, "What the gently caress is this poo poo?" about it.

EDIT: Link

quote:

Prime Minister Scott Morrison will personally introduce his watered-down religious discrimination bill into the federal parliament, even though some of his moderate MPs still "question the need" for the legislation.

The bill was promised by the Coalition government in the wake of the same-sex marriage debate in 2017 to provide extra protection for people of faith. It was a pledge that was taken to the last election.

The legislation, which was finally released publicly on Tuesday afternoon, aims to ensure Australians who make "statements of belief" get extra protection from existing state-based discrimination laws

:thunk:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Nov 24, 2021