Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Hot Stunt posted:

Me (M26) and my lady (F24) just tried to have penetrative sex for the first time and it ended horribly

This one is just a sad mess. I'm wondering if this is a long-distance relationship, because it really has that "people who have 'dated' for years online but have met like five times in person" energy. Incredibly poor communication, obvious huge mental investment in all their time together being "perfect," uncertainty about whether they even like each other that much...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for telling my friend she can’t play Borderlands with me anymore?

Get off their dick! I respect Hanlon and their gun spouse.

"My friend is relentlessly owning me and I'm telling them their build sucks!"

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
They might also just be some combination of American, religious, have had abstinence-only education in school, or one or both of them might be a little on the heavier side, which can sometimes slightly complicate the angle of entry for penetrative vaginal sex, especially for a couple of virgins.

Mx. posted:

my employee refuses to lie to customers — but that’s our policy

Fire her. If OP lives in an an at-will state, don't specify a reason. If in a contract state, take a page out of her book tell the truth: she isn't doing her job and is in fact creating unnecessary extra work for other employees.

Also, if he don't want to honor cancellations because he's a cheap fuckwit, he's allowed to do that, but he'd save himself a lot of headaches and even be able to retain this terrible employee (who of course is conveniently fine with lying if she does it using OP as a proxy) if he's so dead-set on it for whatever stupid reason by just saying on the website "no cancellations, refunds only under xyz circumstances." That's perfectly normal and lots of stores do it. lol at the idea of an online retailer with ~15 employees being worried about going viral for not canceling an order. There's nothing to gain and much to lose by continuing to be dishonest about it though.

AITA for making comments over stuff a customer would buy?

quote:

I work in retail, it's a smaller chain store so I tend to remember the customers when they come in. Theres a guy that comes in like 1 to 2 times a week and I remember what he buys because he buys it everytime. Condoms, candy, a drink and some other items.

I didn't think anything about it at first but when he started coming in more often to buy those things I started making some jokes about it like "gonna have a fun night, huh?". He would would just chuckle at it then leave. Well I started making a joke every time he came in and buys things.

Well this week he came in and bought his usual and I made another joke like "wow you buy a lot of condoms, you must be getting it". He got pissed and said "shut up and do your loving job you don't have to make comments every time I come in" I thought my jokes were light hearted and didn't mean any harm about it. He hasn't came in to the store since and probably found a different place to buy from. AITA?
Terminal case of Main Character Syndrome. If I see the "funny" cashier is working at the store, I'll avoid his line. I don't need a running commentary on the poo poo I'm buying.

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Nov 24, 2021

obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

Midnight Voyager posted:

Get off their dick! I respect Hanlon and their gun spouse.

"My friend is relentlessly owning me and I'm telling them their build sucks!"

lol at dude getting mad for being "disrespected" with his only proof being he is playing with someone who kills enemies too fast. Hanlon owns and after this guy gets mad about "made up pronouns" he breaks out this.

quote:

I’m uncomfortable hearing a girl’s voice come out of a male character. It’s for my sake.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I assume the borderlands story is fake because dude sounds like one of those fake gamerboys who doesn't know how to hang with real gamers and just wants to roleplay and try and get girls to notice him by playing their hobby.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Mx. posted:

my employee refuses to lie to customers — but that’s our policy

How does someone type that out and not have a "are we the baddies" moment?

Anyway, a nice palette cleanser from Ask A Manager.

The hard-driving nuns and priests

quote:

“I worked for a catholic school some years ago where the teaching and support staff consisted of priests, nuns and laypeople. We decided to do a white elephant exchange at the staff Christmas party. Since most of the group had taken a literal vow of poverty, the gifts had to be below $5 and re-gifting was strongly encouraged, just bring the item to the party fully wrapped. We drew numbers and picked gifts but you could ‘steal’ a gift if you had a higher number. There was one gift that was relatively big and the wrapping was very, very fancy so you know it was the most popular. We had nuns attempting to hide the gift with the skirts of their habits, priests making side deals on taking over the less popular mass times in exchange for the gift, it was hilarious to see how far they were willing to go to get this gift. It was all in good fun and no one devolved into tears over any of it. One of the older nuns ended up winning it and she did a victory lap around us holding it in the air. The gift ended up being a used pair of running shoes from one of the priests that was an avid runner. She did another victory lap wearing the shoes.”

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Chloe Jessica posted:

im not gonna give you an answer because if we let one person do it then everyone is going to start doing it and this is a mock thread, not an advice thread. take it to E/N.

Listen, there are only two sheriffs in this town…

Bug Squash posted:

Anyway, a nice palette cleanser from Ask A Manager.

The hard-driving nuns and priests

Where’s the loving question?

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Invisible Clergy posted:

Also, if he don't want to honor cancellations because he's a cheap fuckwit, he's allowed to do that, but he'd save himself a lot of headaches and even be able to retain this terrible employee (who of course is conveniently fine with lying if she does it using OP as a proxy) if he's so dead-set on it for whatever stupid reason by just saying on the website "no cancellations, refunds only under xyz circumstances." That's perfectly normal and lots of stores do it. lol at the idea of an online retailer with ~15 employees being worried about going viral for not canceling an order. There's nothing to gain and much to lose by continuing to be dishonest about it though.
Yeah. Frankly, I'll bet you're more likely to go viral for "I placed an order at 9 pm at night, tried to cancel the next morning at 8:01 am and they claimed it had already shipped! Don't buy from these liars!" or "I know someone who used to work for Company X and she told me they were ordered to mislead customers to avoid cancellations!" than if the owner simply posted the strict return policy upfront.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I mean if you're part of a strict and weird-rear end ancient religious order I feel that mucking about within the letter of the laws is pretty much the only way to have any fun whatsoever.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Listen, there are only two sheriffs in this town…

AITA for being honest when my dad asked why I stopped buying him gifts

quote:

Ok so my dad is hard to shop for, I always tried to do my best to get him something he would enjoy, but that wasn't something to use in his work since I know he prefers "fun" gifts. A few years ago I got him a desk toy, it was a magnetic disk that came with a collection of hex nuts that could be stacked and connected on it.

About a week after this, I was talking to my grandma and I mentioned the gift and that I think he liked it, but that my brother really stole the show by getting him a model of the first car he had as a teen... Well... Grandma laughed in my face and revealed that no, my father in fact told her my gift was "just stupid trash" and that he "can't even use the nuts cause they're metric"

I know it wasn't a good gift I guess, but I was struggling at the time financially and wanted to make sure I got everyone something even if it was small...

I just really got hurt hearing this and so this year when his birthday came, I went home, and I took him nothing. My family also did an early early Xmas for my dad's side of the family since my cousin will be out of state soon until 2022, again I got him nothing, he said nothing to me but had my mom ask me why i hadn't gotten him a gift but did for p much everyone else.

So I told him "well I knew I would risk getting you trash, and I can't tell the difference between metric and imperial hex nuts so you can just get your own right?" He was.... Less than thrilled, my family has since joined together to tell me what a brat I am, that I was disrespectful and as my father he deserves better. He personally hasn't spoken to me much since.

AITA for being blunt? I know I couldve been more subtle or gentle but it just really stung

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
self AITA posts are fine, if it relates to the topic at hand. Relatable things are totally fine?

However, keep in mind that you will be judged, and as this is SA, uh, just take a thinker before posting. Just a wee ol moment of “your posting history and you: are goons loving weird sometimes?”

Controversial opinion but I wouldn’t say that this is a mock thread, as there are some warm fuzzy stories posted here (which hell yeah keep ‘em comin). Also it’s tyool 2021, mock threads a very :2008: trend I think, two thousand late, dare I say.

MAYBE more of a safari thread. Just keep the windows up and don’t look redditors in the eyes, they see it as a threat.

But if you want to really post a self AITA and it’s off topic I’m not really stopping you? Alternatively I can post it for you? I mean if you’re telling tales outta class maybe take it to a different subforum, or if it’s some dumb “gotcha” god just idk, go smoke drugs, any drugs, smoke em. Listen to some music backwards. Lie in a pentagram surrounded by candles except it’s like one of each yankee candle in the room so you, idk, achieve milquetoast nirvana. Better usage of time than a hot gotcha (a hotcha, hot cha cha)

Anyway settle down, Beavis’

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Chloe Jessica posted:

Hope you stopped buying Grandma gifts too.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Seems like a lost opportunity to tell dad about deez nuts.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

teen witch posted:

Anyway settle down, Beavis’

im sorry! i was disgruntled at worst and definitely wasn't trying to make a big deal out of it. i like the term "safari thread".

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
AITA for not letting my brother and SIL see my daughter after they threw away her medicine

quote:

I have a 4 year old daughter, Emma. I am an alcoholic and I’ve been sober for 2 years. My brother was Emma’s court appointed guardian from when she was 15 months old to just before her 3rd birthday.

I had to fight for almost a year to get her back. My brother and SIL are still upset that I “took Emma from them” and have called CPS on me numerous times and make it clear that they don’t trust me to take care of my own kid.

They love Emma and Emma loves them so I try to take her to see them a couple times a month.

A couple weeks ago, Emma caught the stomach flu from someone at her preschool. I’m in school full time and had a midterm that day so I asked my brother to watch her for a couple hours so I could take my test. They said they were happy to take her so I brought her to their house that morning with her medicines, a schedule saying when she’s supposed to take which medicine and the dosage, a bottle of pedialyte, and a few changes of clothes.

I came to pick her up after the midterm and half her medicines, her clothes, and her pedialyte were gone. When I asked about it they said they threw away all of her medicines and the pedialyte because they were liquids and they were already opened so I could’ve put something in there to make her sick/sleep (not that it helps much but I never hurt my daughter or gave her anything that wasn’t recommended by her pediatrician). They also said I shouldn’t be giving her Tylenol and Motrin (again, her doctor said it’s fine) so they didn’t buy her any Motrin.

Then I asked about the nausea medicine (prescription) and they said they didn’t think she needs prescription meds for the stomach flu.

They also felt her clothes weren’t good enough for her so they gave it to their neighbor for their garage sale and bought her new clothes, meaning they most likely took her shopping when she was sick and should’ve been resting.

I left with Emma and haven’t spoken to them since except to tell them they will not be allowed anywhere near my kid unsupervised.

I’m working on thanksgiving so I was going to drop Emma off with my parents so she could see my family but I still don’t want her to be around them without me so I’m leaving her with her babysitter instead.

Now my family is giving me a hard time for not letting my brother and SIL see Emma and are excusing what they did by saying they were just worried about her.

AITA for not letting my daughter see my brother and SIL

Bonus from the comments:

quote:

They don’t know this but Emma and I are moving across the country in February. I think the space will be good for us

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Chloe Jessica posted:

Has OP ever, even once, said "dad, what kind of thing do you want for [gift-giving occasion]?" Some things in life really are only as difficult as you make them.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Mx. posted:

AITA for telling my brother and SIL “you got your big day now you have deal with the consequences”

oooof

quote:

we told her he had the runs (Diarrhoea) and needed to leave

Every time someone throws a wobbly and storms out, this is the reason you should give for their sudden departure.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Invisible Clergy posted:

Has OP ever, even once, said "dad, what kind of thing do you want for [gift-giving occasion]?" Some things in life really are only as difficult as you make them.

"If I tell you it won't count."

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

it dont matter posted:

Every time someone throws a wobbly and storms out, this is the reason you should give for their sudden departure.

Diarrhoea sounds like someone combined diarrhea and diorama.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Beachcomber posted:

Obviously if he says this, never buy him anything again. Until proven guilty by such a statement, maybe ask his wife, other son, friends, etc. This isn't hard, just put in the tiniest bit of effort 3 or 4 times a year.

Diarrhoea sounds like someone combined diarrhea and diorama.

The only word where the English spelling is better. That "oea" is definitely indicative of the sounds in a typical session.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Invisible Clergy posted:

maybe ask his wife, other son, friends, etc.

"I have a hard enough time coming up with what I should get him."

Edit: I convinced my in-laws that giving to the nieces and nephews was enough because we all have enough stuff.

I convinced my own family to only gift every other year, when we're in person.

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Nov 24, 2021

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Beachcomber posted:

My dad did this for way too loving long, both for his actual birthday and for anniversaries. After the umpteenth time of reducing my mother almost to tears because what she got wasn't what he wanted, she told him in no uncertain terms to un-gently caress himself and either start giving a list, or get used to not getting anything at all. Now, we have a drat list to use.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Beachcomber posted:

"I have a hard enough time coming up with what I should get him."

Edit: I convinced my in-laws that giving to the nieces and nephews was enough because we all have enough stuff.

I convinced my own family to only gift every other year, when we're in person.

Man, just listen to what thy say they're getting him and build off of that. If the brother says "I'm getting him a book on Stonewall Jackson," buy him a replica map of the battle of Ticonderoga or some poo poo. Do people not coordinate with immediate family members on what they're getting each other so their dads don't end up with two copies of "Q is for Quarry" or whatever?

That's perfectly normal for adults. I know I don't need anything that takes up more space in my house. But you talked about it with your in-laws first. I can understand a difference between your son asking you if you actually want gifts from him versus just not giving you anything when your other son does. Non-gift giving as an act of aggression. Dad still sounds like a dick though.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for being offended that my boyfriend calculated how much he "subsidized" my life?

quote:

UPDATE: I am the rear end in a top hat. I texted him to apologize. I told him that I knew he was trying to help and that I appreciated all he'd done for me. He said he doesn't see a future with me and will be moving out once the lease ends in January. This AITA turned into a TIFU.

Background: my boyfriend of five years has always made more than I do, has paid most of (70%) the rent, buys all the groceries, and pays for the utilities. He paid my cell phone bill for years as well. He's a pretty smart guy and that's what drew me to him. I recently got a higher paying job closer to his salary, but I have credit card debt as well as student loan debt. He doesn't have any of those.

I have about $25k of credit card debt but the interest means it will take years to pay off. He offered to help by taking out a debt consolidation loan. He can get a low interest rate and it would lower my payment from $900/month to like $400/month. It means I'll be debt free in less than five years. The credit card debt is also the main reason I haven't been able to pay my full share of the rent and other expenses. I felt uncomfortable accepting this and I told him I would think about it.

Last night he came to me with a spreadsheet and he showed me that over the last five years we've been together, we've paid about $100,000 in rent, but only $20,000 of that was me. Groceries and utilities over the last five years come to about $30,000 all of which he paid.

He said: "Instead of getting a debt consolidation loan years ago, I've loaned you over $100,000 in subsidies and you're still in debt. Getting the loan is cheaper in the long run than continuing to subsidize your life."

To say I was shocked is the least of it. I told him that without my contribution he'd have had to carry the expenses by himself. He just shrugged and said he'd have moved to a one-bedroom on his own, or to a lower COL area and worked remote to lower his expenses. We're staying in the area because this is where my job prospects are best.

I feel like such a loving burden. If I knew he saw me as a living liability I would have ended it years ago. At the same time, he must care about me because he's offering a way to pay off my CC debt and putting his own credit on the line for me.

I'm angry with him. I kicked him out. But I think I'm angrier at myself that I let it get this bad. He did offer me this option in the second year we were dating. I got mad at him and told him he didn't have any faith in me. But it's been three years and my CC debt has barely gone down at all even though I make more money now.

That's not even the worst of it. I want to get a car for myself since I can't drive his (he has a stick shift BMW that he loves). He offered to trade in his car so that we could get one we can both drive. I'm worried he's going to resent me for giving up his car, but he made the same opportunity cost argument. It is cheaper in the long run to trade in his car than it is for me to finance a new one.

So what do you think Reddit? AITA? It feels like he has zero faith in my financial acumen. Then again, I'm not sure he's wrong to be that way.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If people won't accept literally anything you give them because the thought counts, and consider it a plus if it's something they actually like, then they can get tae gently caress, as the Irish probably say.

Like, random rear end poo poo for Christmas works for me and the folks I live with, because it's hard enough as it is sometimes.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for being offended that my boyfriend calculated how much he "subsidized" my life?

Biting the hand before you deign to let it feed you. That's a new one.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
The gall to kick him out as well.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

you're not supposed to say you're helping me!

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

Went and checked the user, you missed their second post:

Legaladvice: My bf just broke up with me and pays most of the rent. What are my options if I want to stay in this apartment?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

^^^^^^^ I hope he does exactly what she did to him and kicks her out. The loving audacity

Soylent Pudding posted:

Lol, sucks to suck

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Invisible Clergy posted:

Obviously if he says this, never buy him anything again. Until proven guilty by such a statement, maybe ask his wife, other son, friends, etc. This isn't hard, just put in the tiniest bit of effort 3 or 4 times a year.

The only word where the English spelling is better. That "oea" is definitely indicative of the sounds in a typical session.

I always liked Pratchett's "dire rear".

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I want that guy to be my boyfriend. He can remind me how he’s helping all he wants.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Alchenar posted:

Went and checked the user, you missed their second post:

Legaladvice: My bf just broke up with me and pays most of the rent. What are my options if I want to stay in this apartment?

Why are you only sharing the title?

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Why are you only sharing the title?

Oh the rest of it got deleted, r/legaladvice is bad and gives bad advice but the mods there have some limits.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
This is unacceptable.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

she made another one about it!

TIFU by kicking out my boyfriend after he offered to help pay off my credit card debt

quote:

Like the title says. I'm a huge gently caress-up who doesn't deserve a second chance. My boyfriend makes more money than me and has been paying most of our living expenses. I have $25k in credit card debt I've been trying to pay off.

He offered to get a personal loan because he has great credit and it would cut the interest rate by a lot. I would pay the loan off, but instead of $900 a month I'd be at like $395. I'd be debt free in five years instead of 20.

I blew up at him and told him he was showing that he didn't have faith in me. Then I told him to leave until he could respect my autonomy. Now I realize I hosed up because the only reason he offered to help was because he wanted a future with me. Once I refused it showed him that I didn't have the same goals as him.

I called and texted to apologize but he's done with me.

Tldr: pride has a price.

respect my autonomy of allowing you to pay for my life! :mad:

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Alchenar posted:

Oh the rest of it got deleted, r/legaladvice is bad and gives bad advice but the mods there have some limits.

It's very bad. Always fun to see someone recommend an aita OP post there and then a bunch of people swarm in with the "actually legaladvice is run by a bunch of cops who don't know the law and ban people who contradict them".

Though I've heard legaladviceUK is actually pretty good?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Chloe Jessica posted:

Lol she's not right but I get it, imagine finding out your dad was talking poo poo to mommy about your gifts not being good enough.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Edit: Eh reread it and it's not what I thought but still scummy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

Though I've heard legaladviceUK is actually pretty good?

Lol no.

A story in two parts:

/legaladviceuk: Person used shared account to buy lottery tickets and they've now won big. Can I see any of the money?

TIFU: "Winning" the lottery, losing from friends and ending up worse off

quote:

Hey reddit, I didn't think I'll be seeing you here.

I want to bring people up to date first. I made this asccount to find legal advice over a situation I had about lottery winnings.

Me (22M) and 3 of my friends who I lived with Mark (25M) Luke (22M, now 23) and Abbie (22F) used to all buy tickets using our shared account of money and just chill to pass the time and gamble a little bit. It was a nice way to spend lockdown together and became a little bit of a tradition.

Luke, Mark and I decided to go out one night which Abbie decide to stay over with her girlfriend. The next day she became super distant from all of us which drew my suspicion.

These suspicions were right when Abbies girlfriend asked me what I'd do with my winnings.

That's when I posted on reddit for legal advice. The response was quite overwhelming at first. I posted it and expected a couple of responses after an hour but I came back with more than I bargined for. All of them seemed to be supportive of me getting legal advice and to take action on Abbie. So I started a plan in my head.

I confronted Mark and Luke about my plan. Luke seemed excited and appeared to have the same concerns that I have. Mark didn't want to be part of it for some reason, denying it and that we should just trust her. I mentioned that I might seek out legal advice to them to but I fully intened to confront Abbie about it.

So I did.

When we were all around dinner one day, I asked her what was up and if she won anything big that day. She seemed to bat it off at first but I then stupidly named dropped her girlfriend. I don't think ballistic is a strong enough word to describe what happened afterwards.

Name calling, things chucked, fork in the wall, it felt ages at the time but looking back everything happened in a split second. I shouted out I am going to get a lawyer before she left.

About an hour later she came back and collected some essentials and left. This was the last time I saw her.

I spoke to Luke and Mark some more after that and then went with Luke to talk to a proper, good lawyer about it. They are expensive.

3 days later all hell breaks loose.

Landlord wants us gone from the house in a month, citing distruptive behaviour and damages. Our explaining to him is futile, he wants us gone. I start looking for options for us 3 to move to when Mark breaks down.

He confronted Abbie the day after she became distant with his concerns about the winnings. She admitted the truth and gave him £80k to be quiet about it.

After some more arugements, Mark leaves for good. Down 2 people who I thought were friends.

Lawyer calls back and asks us to come in. States we have little to no case about the situation, he thinks out time is going to be wasted and its better to not persue. Stuipdly, we disagree. This lawyer must suck, reddit thinks we have a good chance, lets go to another one! Nope. Says the same thing, down even more money.

We both get kicked out the house by the Landlord, I can't support living by myself and I can't find a home that'll take me. I ended up selling a couple things to be able to stay in a hotel for a bit before I go couch hopping between my family and some friends.

Writing this on the long train back home. I just wish things panned out better. Makes me think, if I didn't go out that evening i'd be living in it. Now im back to what I was when I was 19. It's reminded me never to trust the internet.

TL;DR - Friend won lottery and I assumed she'd share. Didn't lost a lot of money and a friendgroup along the way

I keep an eye on both and I think the difference is that the UK just generally has a lot more regulation and protections built into everyone's everyday interactions, so you just don't see a lot of the insane behaviour you see on the US sub that people are asking for advice on. LegaladviceUK is mostly things like 'hey I have a landlord dispute/sale of goods issue/dispute with the local council/fine I need to pay' that are fairly easy to give a non-harmful answer to.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Nov 24, 2021