Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Isn't he a Scientologist now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Mister Speaker posted:

Isn't he a Scientologist now?

He was for a long time. Pretty sure he still is.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I worked on After Earth, it's funny and kinda sad that that stupid movie was the catalyst for so much pain in the Smith Family. I mean it sucked, but not that much

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
There is a movie that depicts honestly the evils of capitalism in the 21st century. It's as bleak and horrible as you might imagine. It's called I, Daniel Blake, and it's from 2016.

This British woodworker in his late 50's has a heart attack and his doctor tells him you have to not work or you're going to die. Like, really, don't work. He then tries his best to navigate the UK welfare state just to eke out a basic food-housing existence. Things don't go well.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

There is a movie that depicts honestly the evils of capitalism in the 21st century. It's as bleak and horrible as you might imagine. It's called I, Daniel Blake, and it's from 2016.

This British woodworker in his late 50's has a heart attack and his doctor tells him you have to not work or you're going to die. Like, really, don't work. He then tries his best to navigate the UK welfare state just to eke out a basic food-housing existence. Things don't go well.

L...lol?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Oh I'm sorry I thought I was somewhere else. Where exactly, I'm not entirely sure. But I'm sure that was an appropriate post for wherever I believed I was!

Teriyaki Hairpiece has a new favorite as of 13:09 on Nov 24, 2021

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I read through it thinking you were going to link it to Will Smith at the end or something

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
in southwest shropshire, born and raised
in the woodshop is where i spend most of my days

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

It took me longer than it should have

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

ha ok that is in fact pretty entertaining

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Processing....

Processing....

Joke analysis complete.

Joke gotten.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Oh I'm sorry I thought I was somewhere else. Where exactly, I'm not entirely sure. But I'm sure that was an appropriate post for wherever I believed I was!

L...LOL!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the arms are the hands

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

He was for a long time. Pretty sure he still is.

He was always really cagey about if he was or wasn't, which itself is weird for a scientologist movie star since they're generally treated super well and explicitly used as positive PR generators. His wife was from before they met, if I remember right, and his stance was "I'm open to all faiths and participate here and there". I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of his interpersonal troubles with his family are due to Scientology purposefully loving with him because he wouldn't publicly join. It's right up their alley to poison a family dynamic and break it up as punishment.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Are you not thirty-eight?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

EoinCannon posted:

I worked on After Earth, it's funny and kinda sad that that stupid movie was the catalyst for so much pain in the Smith Family. I mean it sucked, but not that much

It's sad at first, then it's funny to think about how Hollywood-brained you have to be to basically fire your dad from the position like he was an underperforming agent, then it goes back to sad again.

e: wait, funny again

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it was really the most vain of vanity projects

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

This is what it's like when Literally A Bird moderates threads.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

After Earth was loving terrible.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Biplane posted:

After Earth was loving terrible.

Titan: AE, on the other hand, I find quite enjoyable.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I liked the original version of Titan: AE (that ended when he got shot in bed, per the commentary track).

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I found $100 laying on the cinema floor after watching Titan AE. I looked around and said “money on the ground!” But no one was around except me and two of my friends who walked over the money.

I kept it and they were pissed at me that I had it and they didn’t.

That’s my memory of Titan AE.

Also it was dumb.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
^^^what did u do with teh 100 bucks?^^^

Agents are GO! posted:

This is what it's like when Literally A Bird moderates threads.

Shock and Terror

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The proper protocol when finding money with a group of friends is to spend it on something you can all enjoy (drugs)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

dialhforhero posted:

I found $100 laying on the cinema floor after watching Titan AE. I looked around and said “money on the ground!” But no one was around except me and two of my friends who walked over the money.

I kept it and they were pissed at me that I had it and they didn’t.

That’s my memory of Titan AE.

Also it was dumb.

Your friends sound real stupid

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

https://twitter.com/ChrisCopestake/status/1463566219001401347?t=mLSWEHHHG7tnCLKLUr0TSQ&s=19

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Let's do Dongs Through History!

PainterofCrap has a new favorite as of 23:49 on Nov 24, 2021

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
i found $100 on the ground one time and used it to buy a birthday present for my girlfriend. that's my found-money story

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I found $50 on the ground once in the late 1990s, walking through the city with a couple of friends. I immediately converted it to alcohol that we all shared, as is Custom.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I found a jar of change outside my school and bought some snacks

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I dropped $100 once and it ruined my weekend. I'm glad y'all had a great time, though. :unsmith:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

this side jable is going to go great with my jinner set

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Memento posted:

A nice jup of jea.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Now you can really eat some rear end.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Memento posted:

I saw a darker-blue jinnerware set the other day, and thought it would be nice to find a matching table.

This table is $2900.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You could just buy a table and put jeans on it yourself.

The government can't stop you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's a cheap and legal thrill