Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I have 3 words that are gonna blow your fuckin mind

liberal. macro. analysis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

here’s a short post: :frogout:

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
no. you take YOUR goofy av out of here, or stop posting like a shithead

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

:nsamad:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

his name is googles. he likes numbers and mauling small businesses.

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

XMNN posted:

has anyone considered that PMJ is a CIA op designed to draw everyone into endless arguments about podcastmen and make people who hate the CIA look crazy?

just something to think about

yes, i brought this up the last time. if nothing else he is a psychotic person drawn into an intentionally crated web of references designed as ablative shielding for intelligence operations

for more details, read foucault's pendulum

edit:

Zodium posted:

yes. here are my conclusions: the problem is not pmj, but that conspiracy theory is the final liberal macro analysis. trying to understand the world in terms of individuals and their relations, resulting in vast explanatory gaps, then presuming there must be secret individuals and relations to fill in the gaps, instead of reasoning that’s not a good way to understand the world we live in.

the thread is at its best when it looks at evidence of conspiracy from a dialectical perspective. not when it simply plays six degrees of jeff epstein. conspiracy theoretic discourse, in this thread and everywhere, will inevitably devolve to a tiresome ouroboros of recursively evaluating evidentiary value until everyone’s too exhausted to look for evidence or discuss anything. but the conspiracies are real; conspiracy theory is the op.

yeah, this. this is what foucault's pendulum is about

Tungsten has issued a correction as of 13:25 on Nov 24, 2021

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Let he who hasn't taken a Fiverr job from a front company to make certain shitposts on certain forums cast the first stone.

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

I don’t like posts that on top of being fifty million words are factually untrue. I don’t know what thread they would belong in tbh, maybe some kind of skeptic containment zone where everyone can agree that nothing in human history has ever been intentional foul play (but also podcasters are cia or something who gives a gently caress honestly)

once you read enough you start being identify words by shape instead of sounding them out, that helps

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Please stop trying to hurt my feelings, I never insult anyone here when I disagree with them or tell them to shut up or any of this stuff.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
do you think Matt groening said D’OH!! after he was caught on the Lolita express logs? or did he do the homer drool remembering how much he loved it

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
him and Michael Jackson probably created do the Bartman with Epstein there

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

perry mason jar is a cia limited hangout

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Please stop trying to hurt my feelings, I never insult anyone here when I disagree with them or tell them to shut up or any of this stuff.
no one has accused you of any of that

just strong recommendations to take a few days off

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

FFT posted:

no one has accused you of any of that

Not saying anyone has. Pointing out that I'm not asking for anything I'm not doing myself - parity.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
im about 6000 posts behind, anything interesting happen since then?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Sir Tonk posted:

Russian dizinformatsiya killed JFK

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

jfk shot first

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Zodium posted:

jfk shot first

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Sir Tonk posted:

Bunch of Masonic lodges burned down but Wasabi the J is gonna get loving pissed if you bring it up so tread lightly.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Bunch of Masonic lodges burned down but Wasabi the J is gonna get loving pissed if you bring it up so tread lightly.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

see, when you act coy like that, compounded on your recent posting, you are threadshitting. and here's your problem:

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I made an inference

given how this topic and your conduction of it served to, for example, bury the NYT "true story" on epstein, somebody can infer that you are an op running interference for any variety of reasons going by the sort of thought gruel you have been serving as of late

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

dead gay comedy forums posted:

see, when you act coy like that, compounded on your recent posting, you are threadshitting. and here's your problem:

given how this topic and your conduction of it served to, for example, bury the NYT "true story" on epstein, somebody can infer that you are an op running interference for any variety of reasons going by the sort of thought gruel you have been serving as of late

Yes I made an inference, it's not a crime or anything and it's done routinely? If the US Military is well-known to drop chemical munitions on ISIS strongholds it's not wrong to infer that airstrikes called on ISIS strongholds are chemical munitions. I don't see why anyone would be up in arms about this especially when I responded to the critique - leveled by Trabisnikof at the time - directly and took the critique on board rather than dig my heels in. Is that not how discussions work? I commended Trabisnikof - I invite critique, very much. Why is this suspect?

Everyone is very free to discuss or not discuss anything they want, I don't know what you're trying to say. People responded to me cause they're interested in what I'm saying. I responded to them. All of my posts after the initial were responses. My crime here is starting and then continuing a conversation? You're saying I should ignore people when they engage with me?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

You have a habit of stating inferences as fact, like when you stated that Belden dropped DU personally, and then when challenged claimed it was in a video, then when someone actually went in and got the relevant parts, you said oh yeah I guess he just volunteered with a militia that might have done that. If you can't back something up as actual fact, don't state it as if it is a settled matter.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Azathoth posted:

You have a habit of stating inferences as fact, like when you stated that Belden dropped DU personally, and then when challenged claimed it was in a video, then when someone actually went in and got the relevant parts, you said oh yeah I guess he just volunteered with a militia that might have done that. If you can't back something up as actual fact, don't state it as if it is a settled matter.

I was the one who actually went in and got the relevant parts? Not someone else...? Trabisnikof, among others apparently, didn't have the same takeaway I did. So? We discussed his takeaway and my takeaway and how we diverge and how we converge. When challenged I said ah fair point, let me retract but that is also suspect somehow.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Gas the thread its over, we had a good run for a few years. Pretend this is the long dolly zoom out on Jake.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Mameluke posted:

perry has 27 pages of posts in this thread lmao

It’s quite something to witness his descent into madness since the beginning of the thread.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Perry Mason Jar posted:

gently caress you

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I was the one who actually went in and got the relevant parts? Not someone else...? Trabisnikof, among others apparently, didn't have the same takeaway I did. So? We discussed his takeaway and my takeaway and how we diverge and how we converge. When challenged I said ah fair point, let me retract but that is also suspect somehow.

It wasn't "didn't have the same takeaways" it was that you were factually wrong but rolled in like you had an unassailable claim and then had to climb back down from that. You have convinced yourself that something is true, apparently with zero evidence, and yet you roll in here claiming it like it's settled fact. It's a repeating pattern with how you handle this thread.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I have locked the conversation on this issue as Jeffrey Epstein is not intended for general discussion or speculation.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

Gas the thread its over, we had a good run for a few years. Pretend this is the long dolly zoom out on Jake.

pmj: please log off a few days.
Azathoth: please stop legitimizing the tiresome posting about posting.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Zodium posted:

pmj: please log off a few days.
Azathoth: please stop legitimizing the tiresome posting about posting.

Sounds good, I've said my piece.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Azathoth posted:

It wasn't "didn't have the same takeaways" it was that you were factually wrong but rolled in like you had an unassailable claim and then had to climb back down from that. You have convinced yourself that something is true, apparently with zero evidence, and yet you roll in here claiming it like it's settled fact. It's a repeating pattern with how you handle this thread.

There's nothing wrong with having to climb down if you recognize you've overstated your claim? You keep saying that but I have posted tons of supporting evidence for my (overstated then climbed down) claim.

MLSM posted:

It’s quite something to witness his descent into madness since the beginning of the thread.

Yeah yeah going against thread consensus is psychosis and madness. How could anyone be so insane as to disagree with you infallible lot?

papa horny michael posted:

I have locked the conversation on this issue as Jeffrey Epstein is not intended for general discussion or speculation.

This is fair enough, we are really going in circles now.

Edit:

Azathoth posted:

Sounds good, I've said my piece.

:yeah:

vvv ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't form my worldview from consensus (it's fallacious to do so)
vvvv lol'ing at edit. I'd prefer if you didn't die! Though that's sweet of you in an odd way

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 16:34 on Nov 24, 2021

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Yeah yeah going against thread consensus is psychosis and madness. How could anyone be so insane as to disagree with you infallible lot?

This is the Epstein thread, so, generally lol to that idea, except this is hardly the first or only thread where you're very far away from any of the consensus opinions.

This means, more or less, that either basically everyone else here is wrong about their discernment of reality, or you are.

If I drop dead of a heart attack after I get my pfizer booster next week, I will make sure my headstone says "PMJ WAS RIGHT"

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Never said anything about consensus. I’m saying it’s both amusing and disturbing to witness your gradual descent into madness in trying to make sense of the world since the beginning of the thread.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
how many more days until nut is back

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
This is a stone cold take but wasn't Die Hard 2 just taunting us by making the whole premise of the film be Iran Contra

Edit: hahaha it takes place on DULLES airport!

And the first guy McClane kills is named OSWALD

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 17:34 on Nov 24, 2021

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

dead gay comedy forums posted:

the NYT "true story" on epstein

So did anyone else actually read this? I figured it would be a ton of obscene flexing and endzone dancing on the part of the cabal but in reality it's just filled with a baffling amount of unfalsifiable hearsay.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Okay what the gently caress Dulles airport was designed by a guy, Eero Saarinen, who worked for the OSS

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

Okay what the gently caress Dulles airport was designed by a guy, Eero Saarinen, who worked for the OSS

it's named after allens brother too

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

skipmyseashells posted:

how many more days until nut is back

too many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Nah man just asking questions for my anti-vax anti-satanic gnostic ergobros! So like, what if the Jews CIA satanists ran everything?

If I was a real rear end in a top hat I could leverage all your fears against you. If I was powerful, I'd do it with help. If I was rich, I would do it with something I could buy.

The problem is people keep parroting their bullshit "asking questions" and now 50 years later FBI-made anti-MLK ops are going live on TikTok organically instead of tracking down the actual rich creepy fucks and making them miserable.

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 18:17 on Nov 24, 2021