Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
I’d take 10 PMJs before one wasabi the j though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
"The conspiracy is real, we just don't know if we can trust anything we're told about it. That's why I BELIEVE THIS!"

Congratulations, you've approached the crimes of the Uber rich with the same deference of a high school political / religious debate.

Surely this will close the dragnet on them and I will surely change my mind in the face of new evidence!

Hm weird how a crazy-brain gets yelled at and I get told I'm the real rear end in a top hat again. Conspiracy is only for the rich and famous, though, so it couldn't be re-regs, trolls and loving fanboys.

Nah. Completely organic.

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 18:30 on Nov 24, 2021

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
lol

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

Hm weird how a crazy-brain gets yelled at and I get told I'm the real rear end in a top hat again. Conspiracy is only for the rich and famous, though, so it couldn't be re-regs, trolls and loving fanboys.

Nah. Completely organic.

:qq: :qq: :qq:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

:shepface:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

leaning with force on the reply button today huh guys

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The conspiracy is coming from inside the thread

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Wasabi the J posted:

"The conspiracy is real, we just don't know if we can trust anything we're told about it. That's why I BELIEVE THIS!"

Congratulations, you've approached the crimes of the Uber rich with the same deference of a high school political / religious debate.

Surely this will close the dragnet on them and I will surely change my mind in the face of new evidence!

Nah. Completely organic.

Okay we've officially reached peak posting about posters here. I've been discussing this with a few of you who have sent me PMs so I think I'm going to step in here and ask you all to officially cut it out. As one particularly astute person pointed out, we're getting into a bit of a self-perpetuating drama cycle and I'd like to dial it back. Going forwards, I'm going to start handing out 6ers a little more readily for this kind of thing, hopefully to draw discussion back towards the alien pedophile cabal that runs the world from the shadows and less towards each other. Nothing for posts made before this, since I had previously taken a more laisses faire attitude, but be aware that I'll be more strict from now on.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://www.moma.org/artists/22980

20 of Mark Lombardi's relational works available for viewing in your browser

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

let's return to the completely baseless speculation here

Twilight Struggle rulebook posted:

In one of the many bizarre, human moments of the Cold War, Samantha Smith, a ten-year-old American school girl, wrote the newly appointed General Secretary of the Soviet Communist Party, Yuri Andropov a letter. Andropov had recently succeeded Brezhnev, and as one of the architects of Prague Spring, his ascension was taken as a very inauspicious development for East-West relations. To everyone’s great surprise, Samantha received a personal reply, including an invitation to the Soviet Union. Despite concerns expressed by the US State Department, Samantha accepted and traveled to the Soviet Union. Her trip was heralded as important early thaw in relations and improved Andropov’s public perception in the West.  Tragically, Samantha was killed in a plane crash in 1985.

👀

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

StashAugustine posted:

👀

shes with jfk jr and kobe

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS THEY LIVE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, NADA. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME ALIEN BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS IDEOLOGY. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Wasabi the J posted:

dude what

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Zodium posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS THEY LIVE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, NADA. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME ALIEN BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS IDEOLOGY. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Zodium posted:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

all posts are an op

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i hate metaposting but gonna indulge in self hate for a sec to say that anyone that kramers in to get owns in on one poster or another is an 'op' to be ignored for real. more likely the op is holier than thou dunning krueger "let me show you my big brain" self promoting garbage but even when it's just an idiot that wants to poo poo on the vibe, it's better to ingore. pmj's got some bad views but he's willing to articulate what he's feeling a far sight more authentically than the reductive mockery of a hostile interloper lol, and his posting is way less painful to read than theirs as a result, and I'll tolerate that poo poo way more readily than the people trying to police what is or isn't ok to post about with absolutely dick for authority to back it up except an ability to shitpost brigade

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The Mason lodge burnings in Vancouver aren't a great mystery. Who did it? A 42-year-old man with a history of personal tragedy and drug use problems. Why did he do it? Probably something to do with all those posters in downtown Vancouver that say covid is a PLANdemic by "them", and "them" often includes the Masons.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/marina0swald/status/1463676841298853893?t=ENE2oEK6qIomUU6US6NYdA&s=19

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Zodium posted:

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
as a wise man once said, "What's this got to do with pussy?"

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

StashAugustine posted:

👀

Wait what does that mean!? !?!?

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

BasicLich posted:

Jeffrey Epstein

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

MonsieurChoc posted:

Wait what does that mean!? !?!?

It's probably nothing. Probably.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Making my yearly attempt to read a book in the "fiction" genre with The Crying of Lot 42 by Pynchon. Thread appropriate story!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gradenko_2000 posted:

Okay what the gently caress Dulles airport was designed by a guy, Eero Saarinen, who worked for the OSS

lol you think it was designed so byzantinely by accident? look at it from a bird's eye view, the central building and the outlining airfields perfectly form the elder sign of hastur

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/alp1111112/status/1463711916602368002?t=nuEpsfCGknZIgJxe0IaOpg&s=19

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

cross-posting from the uk thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3912971&perpage=40&pagenumber=570#post519491367

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

Making my yearly attempt to read a book in the "fiction" genre with The Crying of Lot 42 by Pynchon. Thread appropriate story!

I read that book because of the thread favorite podcast Death Is Just Around the Corner and it became an instant favorite. I can't claim to understand all of it, but giving yourself over to this labyrinthine insanity and not being able to see through the screen but instead see the screen itself is really really fun. I'm making Gravity's Rainbow my first read of next year. Post a review when you're finished!

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

inconsequential posted:

I read that book because of the thread favorite podcast Death Is Just Around the Corner and it became an instant favorite. I can't claim to understand all of it, but giving yourself over to this labyrinthine insanity and not being able to see through the screen but instead see the screen itself is really really fun. I'm making Gravity's Rainbow my first read of next year. Post a review when you're finished!

i'm about 200 pages into gravity's rainbow right now and it rules, this phrasing really jumped out at me this morning

quote:

... so well have They busted the sod prairies of his brain, tilled and sown there, and subsidized him not to grow anything of his own...

this is regarding the all-american ladies' man character who is being driven to paranoia and psychologically dismantled by proto-cia behavioral psychologists hoping to unravel a kind of coded message left in his brain by an earlier behavioral psychologist

anyway it reminded me of a certain posting style that often dominates this thread

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
awesome to have ppl itt that don't meaninfgully contribute to the discussion meltdown when PMJ calls their faves problematic. cspam is def not a dem stronghold!! it just so happens that heterodoxy is mental illness, touch grass, take your meds, what a mad man. FYI this is the billionaire pedo rape temple high fiving presidents thread. but low level media figures being spook adjacent is a bridge too far.

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

mark immune posted:

awesome to have ppl itt that don't meaninfgully contribute to the discussion meltdown when PMJ calls their faves problematic. cspam is def not a dem stronghold!! it just so happens that heterodoxy is mental illness, touch grass, take your meds, what a mad man. FYI this is the billionaire pedo rape temple high fiving presidents thread. but low level media figures being spook adjacent is a bridge too far.

it doesn't sound like you really think that's awesome op

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

mark immune posted:

the fact that brace fought with the ypg in rojava is beyond public knowledge, it's literally the only thing he was known for for years before he started a podcast

what someone else has already said, is that okay so if we accept the premise that Brace is a CIA op, based on joining the YPG, what is he doing/saying in their service? Why would he start a wildly successful podcast unraveling the us intelligence agencies activities with regards to Kennedy, South America, etc. it doesn't really make any sense, what are they limiting in this supposed limited hangout?

I don't mind pmj but I think he's off base on this one, the CIA definitely funds and helps groups like the Kurds when it's convenient, but that doesn't automatically make anyone that goes over there a CIA agent, plenty of leftist foreigners from other countries also traveled their to fight with the ypg

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

this is the thread for motte and bailey argumentation about armies of satanists armed with deadly embolism-causing vaccine needles performing satanic mass sacrifices at music festivals

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Edit: I've never used Linux and I don't know who fishmech is, sorry

ok, but that does sound exactly like something fishmech would say tbh

Tungsten posted:

it doesn't sound like you really think that's awesome op

that's right, i don't think it's awesome. i think it is actually p stupid when cool zone street fighters come in and dictate the boundaries of discussion in the thread about truly unbelievable poo poo that we have proof happened. it's super spooky, to me

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

mark immune posted:

that's right, i don't think it's awesome. i think it is actually p stupid when cool zone street fighters come in and dictate the boundaries of discussion in the thread about truly unbelievable poo poo that we have proof happened. it's super spooky, to me

great, so everything is an op. now what?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

gonna combine book recs with "everything is an op" and tell people to read The Traitor Baru Comorant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Tungsten posted:

great, so everything is an op. now what?

now we can finally play the game.