Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Fidelitious posted:

There are so many broken promises it's really impossible to remember all of them.

Incredible that missing custom paint schemes is what gets them and not...I dunno, something like the entirety of Sataball missing and definitely never coming back. Or that they sold land claims that do literally nothing over 4 years ago, together with the Pioneer which also doesn't exist.

But no. Paint.

I bet there was a player vote that asked "do we need to deliver this promise we said or would you pay out the nose for a texture? Vote yes with your credit card!" And a thousand backers swiped their cards and posted how much in debt they are to star citizen and... it was done!

Sorry it's not CIGs fault, it's our fault for voting for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I hope y'all have a happy thanksgiving if you celebrate it at this time/at all! :)

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

l m a o

transparent game development.jpg

I feel it just reveals the thought process at CIG:

Chris, 2016: Free paint jobs for everyone!
Turbulent, 2017: Hey, uh, this game doesn't have subscription fees, right?
Chris: Right...
Turbulent: So how are you going to make money post launch?
Chris: Cosmetics...? Oh. Hmm.
Chris, 2017: Free paint job (for my yacht!)

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Can't wait for September 2022 when their Weapons Feature Team will tackle the momentous task of reloadable magazines.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

The Titanic posted:

Spoken like a true man who's never received unsolicited dick pics like it's penis Christmas. :)

It this one of those new fancy holidays the kids have these days that I've been excluded from? :(

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Elerion posted:

My revolutionary space game that is 7 years late on delivering 50 probably impossible technical innovations hasn't implemented the paint job system from a GTA game released in 2013. This is the straw that breaks my camel's back!

Cousin Crows (great name CIG!) is a shop in-game where, supposedly, you'll be able to buy cosmetic poo poo for your ship

quote:

Cousin Crows was put in game as the place to upgrade/paint your ship. Its not online but its one step closer to the whole paint thing. Just hope they aren't pressured into putting it in early then have it push salvage and repair back because skin A isn't compatible with the repair/hull stripping/salvaging mechanic so gotta rework it all again so people can still paint their ships. +2 more quarters for the thing they had to put in early to make people happy. That kind of thing. I want to paint my Mole bright pink but I want other things worse. Like gameplay.

Guys, I just hope painting your ship doesn't break the gameplay.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Fidelitious posted:

There are so many broken promises it's really impossible to remember all of them.

Incredible that missing custom paint schemes is what gets them and not...I dunno, something like the entirety of Sataball missing and definitely never coming back. Or that they sold land claims that do literally nothing over 4 years ago, together with the Pioneer which also doesn't exist.

But no. Paint.

Man been a while since i posted here but..

Didn't somebody mention this before? Their Youtube channel(s?) is basically constantly filling out white noise with so many promises that stretches back for years that it is literally impossible to sort out promises, and that it was made purposely that way?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I remember that time Nintendo broke Zelda when they repainted a blue octorok red.

quote:

If you want in-game ship colour customization, you are asking for CIG to

- Write game code handling the actual colour changes within the game engine itself
- Write database/etc. code to make these changes persistent and have them synchronize over the servers so other players will actually see your customized paint selections
- Create UI elements for the colour picker/hexcode editor so players can actually interface with the coded-in customization system

That last one is key. CIG's UI team was bottlenecked for years until Building Blocks UI came online, and they've been working their way through priorities that have been piling up since 2015. They've spent all of 2021 recreating the mobiGlas interface so it doesn't suck, including the starmap.

Which is more important to you, replacing the broken-rear end old starmap or being able to paint your ship pink? Which do you want first?

I don't have a source because I don't remember exactly where the forum post by Zyloh was but around a year or two back he said they intend on skin customization as originally shown in the screenshot in the OP. But they also clearly have bigger priorities.

CIG is just a small indie developer, how could you expect them to offer something as complicated as changing colors?

trucutru fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Nov 24, 2021

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Elerion posted:

Can't wait for September 2022 when their Weapons Feature Team will tackle the momentous task of reloadable magazines.
:wtchris: 90 weeks

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

trucutru posted:

Cousin Crows (great name CIG!) is a shop in-game where, supposedly, you'll be able to buy cosmetic poo poo for your ship

Guys, I just hope painting your ship doesn't break the gameplay.

They know CIG better than anyone. They know changing a texture in star citizer can break the game

Dwesa posted:

:wtchris: 90 weeks

:trustme: fidelity

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Early days.

You content locusts need to get a grip.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Starmap?

Isn't there just two systems?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I thought there was only one system with everything awkwardly shoved into it for testing, and they faked some wormhole travel thing a while back to say they’d have a second system to go to soon?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

The Titanic posted:

Spoken like a true man who's never received unsolicited dick pics like it's penis Christmas. :)

I'm just a sexually healthy hetero man, who appreciates penis Christmas.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

trucutru posted:

quote:

They've spent all of 2021 recreating the mobiGlas interface so it doesn't suck, including the starmap.

Which is more important to you, replacing the broken-rear end old starmap or being able to paint your ship pink? Which do you want first?

Listen here you whippersnapper: The developers of my groundbreaking space game have spent the entirety of the 10th development year remaking the menu so it doesn't suck. I am still confident that this game will be release ready at some point.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hizawk posted:

Starmap?

Isn't there just two systems?

Here, educate the mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eAD0liNeis

There is also an even shittier in-game version

2015, lol

History Comes Inside! posted:

I thought there was only one system with everything awkwardly shoved into it for testing, and they faked some wormhole travel thing a while back to say they’d have a second system to go to soon?

It's basically a map to the fireworks factory. Which is reaaaaall cloooose, almost there, any time now. Just because you have a map doesn't mean you can get anywhere, there be dragons.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

correct

marumaru
May 20, 2013

trucutru posted:

Here, educate the mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eAD0liNeis

There is also an even shittier in-game version

2015, lol

the starmap was a brilliant move from them though. it's the fuel behind dreams.txt, "this is what i'm spending my child's college fund for" material

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

cirus posted:

I'm just a sexually healthy hetero man, who appreciates penis Christmas.

Say you're not a star citizen without actually saying you're not a star citizen.

The jig is up, imposter! We all know only real men and women play star citizen who are only allowed to follow the sexual norm as dictated by the heavens and any deviation is an abomination of Roberts that must be purged and blocked and banned henceforth.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

The Titanic posted:

I hope y'all have a happy thanksgiving if you celebrate it at this time/at all! :)

I saw an $80 Amish turkey at the store.

I had to decide between that and a Nomad IAE 2951 Starter Package.

I'll let you guess which bird I picked :smuggo:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GlisteningAchingHedgehog-mobile.mp4

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

quote:

Has anyone here ever owned a power tool calendar from 80-90s or had a car freshener with a nude lady on it ?

I get these days lady boys are the thing. But come on, isn’t anyone at CIG a grown man who’s got big balls ?

What the gently caress happened to American guys who where alive back then, have the tech to make a kick rear end game today but then Barney it up?

Even today, people don’t like the idea of sex robots which could have funded the leading into better robotic technologies. But some ppl don’t see the big picture, they disagree and feel the need to prevent others from sharing a dream and making it in life. Limiting others expansion so they remain comfortable in a box. Bringing no fruition to ones life contribution to the world if cut in their prime while developing new technology.

Not to offend anyone who’s a lady boy. Just saying, people may not like some ideas being out in the the game but some do and would like someone to be creative and be able to express those things freely on game as cool as SC. It has the potential to cater to people who like some things more than others. We shouldn’t all be placed on the same boundaries and limitations because some are not comfortable with it.

Someone who’s been repressed can relate to what it means to limit what others can have.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Star Citizen: isn't anyone at CIG a grown man who's got big balls?

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

there are so many gems in this post. i know we just changed the thread title but i'll just throw some more out here for the future:

Star Citizer: Ppl who don't like the idea of sex robots don't see the big picture

Star Citizen: Bringing no fruition to ones life contribution

Store Citizen: Isn't anyone at CIG a grown man who's got big balls ?

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just a sexually healthy hetero man, who appreciates ramen.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Mirificus posted:

Someone who’s been repressed can relate to what it means to limit what others can have.

I actually feel bad for these guys, almost every post is screaming to come out of the closet.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019
In case of some of these commandos, it is sexually filthy, but maybe I just don't understand inevitable consequences of citizenry

marumaru
May 20, 2013

:yikes:

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Jonestown drank Flavor-Ade.

You are dismissed.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lol im not reading any of that.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

the first working gas giant in gaming

I want to individually italicise each of the words in that sentence, in sequence

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

I don't know…
CRobber certainly was full of hot air, to the brim and then some, even back in the late 80s, but I'm not convinced he was the first one.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Mirificus posted:

You got big balls? I got big balls! Nude calendars!

Somebody needs to tell this guy that their deepest darkest sexual issues will not be resolved by star citizen, which is very much aiming at the T crowd.

However, thank you for your millions in donations so that they could build the children's game of their dreams and slowly build a terrible version of crippled fortnight.

:discourse:

Duke Nukem 3D is going to be more adult than star citizen. Sorry boys! :dukedoge:

I guess you better return to the 80's and 90's where you jerked off to power tool calendars.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

I read all of that. My conclusion: lol, and lmao

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just a sexually healthy hetero man, who's got big balls

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The only way to win is not to play the game.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Anyone else have trouble fitting their big balls inside their sex robot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

you should, it's fantastic