Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

WhiteHowler posted:

That's really cool! Thanks for sharing.

Just from the stock livery and mosquito-fart exhaust, at first glance it seems like something you would have seen on any Friday night, cruising outside the local mall circa 2001 with Crazy Town or Puddle of Mudd blasting from the oversized subwoofer.

Edit: I need literally one more seasonal point, and all of the remaining daily challenges are broken. Won a road race in my '65 Ford Transit van, which seemed to take two hours because the top speed is something like a blistering 39 mph.

The Hoonicorn has also been featured in a bunch of "This Vs. That" videos on the Hoonigan channel, this is my favourite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8_2rWB5vRw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

TjyvTompa posted:

still rocking my illegal license plate, the cops can't stop me!

we'll see who beats my times once you're reported :smug:

TjyvTompa posted:

The Hoonicorn has also been featured in a bunch of "This Vs. That" videos on the Hoonigan channel, this is my favourite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8_2rWB5vRw

I've always wondered how the money works in these shows because dudes show up and do thousands of dollars worth of damage and burn off thousand dollars worth of tires for someone else's content.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Powershift posted:

What I mean Is it seems like the limited slip in the differentials are set to aggressively so if you get on the power while turning it makes the car want to straighten out.

Yeah that's exactly how that car works! Gotta turn in super duper early and back off a ton if it straightens too much even on a wide, sweeping turn. It's impressive you could tell that just from a ghost

However you can't make adjustments to a tune you download from someone else, correct??

Funso Banjo posted:

That's fine, of course, but the civic, for example, is selling for nearly 10 mil right now, mine sold within seconds, and if you hang on to it, it will eventually be a 20 mil car. In fact, if you're lucky enough to be a master tuner or painter, you CAN sell them for 20 mil, and they are all selling for that price.

Now, if you're a dirty glitcher, if you took advantage of the glitches and things, well 10 mil is nothing really. But if you're an idiot like me who avoided glitches, well 10 mil is a decent chunk of change. And Forza points are easyish to come by, (remember to buy the house) that you'll be making 10-20 mil per season just from the seasonal stuff every week.

Besides, 100% ing all the seasonal objectives takes a couple of hours a week. I can't imagine why you wouldn't do them. Credits and cars wise, I don't think there's anything more rewarding in the game than the seasonal playlist.

Yeah I get that. Now that I am nearing the end of the rest of the content in the game I probably will start taking a look. Now that I have the fast travel house and know the map sorts for seasonal objectives I'll probably engage a bit more

I don't really care about money that much though. If I win a car I'm keeping it

Powershift posted:

e: apparently they banned for offensive license plates too.

UH OH ....

e: looks like they didn't get me... maybe I should change it before it does. it's nothing crazy, just WISEA55 but anyone know how to change it? I checked at a house where you change your name and character customization and didn't see an option

Play fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 24, 2021

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

T1g4h posted:

Top 1%, baby! This will never last but god drat does that feel good :allears:

...and I took that personally

:smuggo:

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Are they actually good about fixing poo poo, or will it be months before the game isn't a mess? Yesterday, I finally finished clearing off the map, and today some of the worst ones just came back like I never did them. Between that and the dozens of challenges I've completed that don't count for no reason, I just don't really want to play anymore. It's a shame because it's pretty fun when it works.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Play posted:

e: looks like they didn't get me... maybe I should change it before it does. it's nothing crazy, just WISEA55 but anyone know how to change it? I checked at a house where you change your name and character customization and didn't see an option

Garage -> License Plates from an Autoshow/Outpost

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

Qmass posted:

Arch Of Mulege Circuit

Was hoping you would do B class and I wouldn't have to work for it.

edit: Someone posted Mangrove Scramble

Poistiant fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 24, 2021

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
so are we expected to believe that qmasss and controlmass are different people??

pretty sus imo

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Game's been real unstable for me lately, crashing every 6 or 7 loading screens.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

Powershift posted:

What I mean Is it seems like the limited slip in the differentials are set to aggressively so if you get on the power while turning it makes the car want to straighten out.
Tweaked based on this and improved my gauntlet time without even needing to pay attention, thank you

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Babe Magnet posted:

Game's been real unstable for me lately, crashing every 6 or 7 loading screens.

ctd or black screen to reboot?

I got the latter real bad until I limited the max power of the 3080 so it didn't overheat (just clad the card is still working)

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I posted a few decent times and a good one (on S2, with a Sesto elemento FE, more a tribute to that car's brokenness rather than my skill :v: )

This rival things is nice and gives a ton of XP if you keep retrying ( :argh: someday I will be first on something at least for a few minutes)

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

i zoned out and lapped the monthly for like an hour straight and i skipped 8 levels when i quit out lol

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
I've managed to get the top 5% rivals accolades on a few classes already without even trying to. I'm guessing rivals mode probably has a relatively small base of players compared to the overall playerbase, and since it populates the leaderboards with all of the dirty garbage times of players who've probably driven the course exactly once in solo race mode with random stock cars, it's not actually that hard to get into top 5% if you just pick a decent build and actually put in a few minutes of effort to learn the turns.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

super fart shooter posted:

I've managed to get the top 5% rivals accolades on a few classes already without even trying to. I'm guessing rivals mode probably has a relatively small base of players compared to the overall playerbase, and since it populates the leaderboards with all of the dirty garbage times of players who've probably driven the course exactly once in solo race mode with random stock cars, it's not actually that hard to get into top 5% if you just pick a decent build and actually put in a few minutes of effort to learn the turns.

Yeah I thought those accolades were going to be a pain in the rear end so I kind of cheesed them all by drag racing weird cars like the Reliant. However, it turns out a halfway decent clean lap will usually get you into the top 1 or 2 % because it seems like half of all the replays are some guy who leaves the course 3 seconds in and shows up at the finish an hour later.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Requested to join GRCC - GT: Repeal the 2A.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Lowclock posted:

Yeah I thought those accolades were going to be a pain in the rear end so I kind of cheesed them all by drag racing weird cars like the Reliant. However, it turns out a halfway decent clean lap will usually get you into the top 1 or 2 % because it seems like half of all the replays are some guy who leaves the course 3 seconds in and shows up at the finish an hour later.

Literally

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bout to make a pirate sad

You laid down a hot lap, but i put together a grip masheen mercedes that's almost too good. 1.18/1.18 lateral Gs with no aero. The braking lines you need don't show up, the braking lines that show up you don't need.

I ended up going smaller because i needed more power, but you can put 305 front, 335 rear meats on the thing.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

ctd or black screen to reboot?

I got the latter real bad until I limited the max power of the 3080 so it didn't overheat (just clad the card is still working)

mostly black screens, but the one I got a little bit ago just kind of hung on the menu and took Steam with it lol

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I did the V10 missions today and… enjoyed them? Even chuckled at the deliberate corniness of the whole thing. They’re not too hard to at least 1-star and while most of them will take a few tries to 3-star but don’t look terribly out of reach.

But the very last mission didn’t unlock. Do I need to 3-star the prior 11 chapters first?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Some final chapters are locked behind being inducted into the hall of fame

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Ah okay. Thanks :)

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
So after bitching and moaning yesterday about the View Eligible Cars thing for seasonal events being removed, it turns out that it is actually there - sometimes! I couldn't quite figure out the pattern, but the option never seems to show up when you go to the map via the Season page, or if you're at a Festival site, or at a House. If you're just driving around the world and hit the map button, then hover over the seasonal event, it *should* give you the "View Eligible Cars" option. Most of the time. I think.

Also managed to get a decent run of Horizon Arcade going - there was about 20 people doing burnouts at the event pin waiting for it to start, which then of course turned into 3-4 people in the actual event (none of whom I could see anyway, but the score kept ticking up). Timer expired at the start of round 3, but it feels like the issues are slowly getting fixed.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

webmeister posted:

Loving the game so far, but my biggest gripe is actually around the Seasonal objectives - is it just me, or have they made it really tricky to figure out which of your cars actually qualify for each event? Like, if it wants A800 Modern Rally Cars or whatever, I could've sworn in FH4 you could filter your car list to only show valid potential vehicles rather than having to do multiple filters on your car list. Maybe it's just more that I've forgotten what it's like to start from almost-nothing again, unlike the last days of FH4 where you've got a billion cars already and can easily pick out a favourite for each challenge.

:same:

Always really confused as to which one of my cars can do the race, what car I need to get, and then I need to upgrade that new car a bit, and also I'm level 19 and don't have the money to buy a new car every single race. Wait, does one of those require a loving Ferrari? Where am I gonna get that if I don't get it from wheelspins?

super fart shooter posted:

So I'm pretty sure that rivals ghosts save horn beeps, can anyone confirm this? If so, seems like a good way to annoy the competition would be to set a really good time and honk the whole way through :twisted:

They sure do. A goon on Mulege last night was honking at checkpoints :v:

It's even more of a psyche out when you're on your hot lap, but the ghost will be too, so you'll be inside of each other (:a2m:) and hear someone beeping at you from the backseat.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Protip: Photograph the start of races to accumulate cars photographed.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ChocNitty posted:

also good, for each car you pull out of your garage to photograph, run a drag race to maybe get 3-4 more cars photographed.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

ChocNitty posted:

Actually, on this note - is there a way to quickly take photos? I could've sworn there was a button press in FH4 that just quickly took a photo or something, maybe it needed a particular house purchase or something? I like photographing the cars, but there's way too many button presses when you've got to Enter Photo Mode -> Move Camera -> Take Photo -> Confirm Photo is Okay -> Don't Save -> Exit Photo Mode -> Yes, Confirm -> finally racing.

vvv thanks, that's the one I was thinking of

webmeister fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 25, 2021

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

webmeister posted:

Actually, on this note - is there a way to quickly take photos? I could've sworn there was a button press in FH4 that just quickly took a photo or something, maybe it needed a particular house purchase or something? I like photographing the cars, but there's way too many button presses when you've got to Enter Photo Mode -> Move Camera -> Take Photo -> Confirm Photo is Okay -> Don't Save -> Exit Photo Mode -> Yes, Confirm -> finally racing.

right shoulder button instead of A when you take the picture.

you still have to move the camera and stuff.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Powershift posted:

Bout to make a pirate sad

You laid down a hot lap, but i put together a grip masheen mercedes that's almost too good. 1.18/1.18 lateral Gs with no aero. The braking lines you need don't show up, the braking lines that show up you don't need.

I ended up going smaller because i needed more power, but you can put 305 front, 335 rear meats on the thing.
which event ?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Qmass posted:

which event ?

A class Ruta Norte street race

Watch out for the turn after the swamp. If you get it wrong you're punished for it for the rest of the lap.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 25, 2021

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

interesting event. feels like there is a secret vehicle that will monster this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006
Qmass, just as I got Powershift passed you kicked us both in the face. Very rude.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I still have no idea what a good A road car is. Been goldilocksing for two weeks, nothing feels right

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
So I did a few things that made me very happy: I did some online stuff and even came in 1st in The Tour stages 1 and 2. Team still lost, though. I took my skill-point 2nd-life Lancer into the desert and finally got an Eterna skill song. 7 minutes. I banked enough to fill the masteries in the Hoonicorn V2 and now I'm really looking forward to that next skill song. I've got Fast Travel knocked down to 3,600. Got off on a tangent just doing dirt races, which are an absolute blast in S1. I came after a few GRCC rivals times last night and will attack a few more before bed. I'm gonna try that speed trap in my GT-R a little more but if I don't nail it soon I give up. I don't remember if I ever cracked 120 MPH in it. I think the best way to approach is the run up the hill on the West side.

I dunno what it is but I miss two things: logging in and just having cool new stuff thrown at me (which still happens sometimes) and Super Wheelspins. I did the Jeep thing three times one night and decided I'm not AFKing or using any methods like those. I get Super Wheelspins very rarely and have not gotten many very good ones. I finally rolled a Sesto Elemento though, I was starting to feel left out. I want more FE cars. Is there a quick way to sort the AH to just show those?

One weird thing. The AI in this game feels so inconsistent, we all seem to agree on that much. But I also noticed that being forced to do Seasonal championships that require Highly Skilled I found that racing anything less, especially now that I have options tuned up in most classes, can end up in "In 1st after the first stretch" but those races are still good because if you slack off or flub a turn too much you're going to be fighting for your line and drat if this AI cars aren't glued down. They are like the sticky grass and sticky walls that other Forza releases have tried, except they just stuck to you regardless where are are or where you go. This usually happens at the turn complex you dread the most.

I just break too early or too late. Sometimes I get a groove with a car and track and it feels like I'm super-fast. It never lasts and even when it happens I'm still objectively slow. O well!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

this is a cool event in A-Class. kind of like ruta norte in reverse except the slow section is even more technical so you really struggle if you go with a top speed strategy. lot of fun smashing control's xbow at the start then pushing like mad to stay ahead of their ghost as it runs you down

edit: which I haven't managed to do because they set a good one

Qmass fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Nov 25, 2021

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Decided on a whim to try the Trial stuff, turns out that even though my lazy keyboarding backside is clearly not the best at this game, it's also clearly not the worst when it comes to online players. And in fact I can pretty consistently beat 4 of the AIs in those races, so I'm actually contributing and not dead weight either.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

trying this rivals thing to try and get one of those top 5% things (though I really doubt I'm going to land them all, especially the s-class ones)

top 9% on the big board. eh. not great. I'm going to need a faster car is what it comes down to, since I did that time practically flat out

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

hexwren posted:

trying this rivals thing to try and get one of those top 5% things (though I really doubt I'm going to land them all, especially the s-class ones)

top 9% on the big board. eh. not great. I'm going to need a faster car is what it comes down to, since I did that time practically flat out

There needs to a thread rule, that results in just a few hours probation, that kicks in if you post one of these without the track/course name. People see these pics and want to take the challenge man.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

hexwren posted:

For what it’s worth, I just did all the top 5% rivals accolades this afternoon without too much trouble, and I’m pretty bad. I actually found that the quicker classes were easier, as long as you have a decent grip car. Most of the supercar level rivals times are just pubbies going flat out and riding the barriers, so if you can set a smooth unflagged time in a good car you’ll likely make the top 5%.

Try checking out the circuit people were talking about earlier, Malega Arch or something. It’s pretty short and there’s only a couple of tricky corners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Funso Banjo posted:

There needs to a thread rule, that results in just a few hours probation, that kicks in if you post one of these without the track/course name. People see these pics and want to take the challenge man.

settle down beavis

it's the easternmost road race on the southernmost east-west road, I don't remember what it's called

and you can go to basically any race in the game and get a similar-looking goonclub leaderboard because there's a handful of diehards who've done everything and everyone else who haven't yet

also what challenge, I'm nowhere near the top