Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Foehammer007 posted:

hello??? that requires logging on

something I should probably do sometime this month since I'm in a member corp and have to adhear to the bullshit pap requirements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

captainclaw posted:

isn't it something trivial like 1 per month in most other corps?

I heard it was as high as 3-4/mo during the war. the joke in delta fleets (which were majority waffe for a while) was to threaten to drop fleet if a pap was getting submitted, lest that goons record be tarnished.

CainFortea posted:

You forgot "always have to be the sovwand wielder when needed"

I was listing positives. not that GSFOE fleets can't be fun, riding shotgun on them is pretty much the same as going wololol.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
No paps no masters :smugdog:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

we had to headshot the Incursion spawn in delve today cos it was jamming important stuff, that was ISK and paps or those that need them

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Waffe is only director alts and delta

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

NtotheTC posted:

we had to headshot the Incursion spawn in delve today cos it was jamming important stuff, that was ISK and paps or those that need them

how many incursion fcs did we lose this time?

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

coelomate posted:

hmm... I can't remember the last time I interacted with a member of Karma Fleet (outside of this thread), and I've slowly started moving into other threads here (<3 Diablo 2 Resurrected <3) instead of making GBS threads up reddit as my gaming interests wax and wane.

Would it be completely insane to try and move from KF into the actual GoonWaffe corp? Since I already have a forums account I think that'd be a Process C / Unique Butterflies thing, if it's even possible?

Amok. Is always Recruiting :sun: https://discord.gg/fBFWAEAx . Smaller tight-knit group vibe, active in PvP and PvE, great SRP on top of alliance payout, and the best(worst) posters in the Imperium. What else could ya ask fer?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Daytime europe waffe crew checking in.

Only PvP going on is incredibly specific ship fit fleets that seem to have started before I log on, so that time of day it’s mostly mining in dead end unless some cheeky neutral sod comes into system and the Russians sigh, log off rorqual accounts and log into mains.

There is a lot of imperium miner DRAMA over them coming down here not reading The Rules and cherry picking ore and ratting/salvaging without clearing the cans in delve during the dead hours so it’s not all dull.
I like to think that one dude who reports them sends in multiple angle screenshots as evidence from each of his 4 accounts. “As you can see from this shot, my three rorquals are mining bistot where as this guy’s laser is clearly on merxicot”

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

CainFortea posted:

You forgot "always have to be the sovwand wielder when needed"

that doesn’t have to be waffe, anyone in condi can do it

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Is Delta still active? I got in at the start for a second but mostly AU/US tz put me off.

Otacon posted:

how many incursion fcs did we lose this time?

There's already a threat complaining about GSOL :sun:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Boatswain posted:

Is Delta still active? I got in at the start for a second but mostly AU/US tz put me off.

Not really. There’s like two of us mining in lowsec and maybe three still ratting in querious. We all got together to fly tornados a few weeks ago with our fearless leader Luke, since aritzia is busy having another ten kids or something.

We’re sort of a wartime sig.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Stereotype posted:

Not really. There’s like two of us mining in lowsec and maybe three still ratting in querious. We all got together to fly tornados a few weeks ago with our fearless leader Luke, since aritzia is busy having another ten kids or something.

We’re sort of a wartime sig.

Like the Warrior-monks of ...somewhere, we are meditating on the subject of Posting, until we are once again called upon to save all of goonkind.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Boatswain posted:

delta is active on shitposting in the discord

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

coelomate posted:

hmm... I can't remember the last time I interacted with a member of Karma Fleet (outside of this thread), and I've slowly started moving into other threads here (<3 Diablo 2 Resurrected <3) instead of making GBS threads up reddit as my gaming interests wax and wane.

Would it be completely insane to try and move from KF into the actual GoonWaffe corp? Since I already have a forums account I think that'd be a Process C / Unique Butterflies thing, if it's even possible?

Hello friend! Have you heard the Word? Am0k. Is Recr-

Mederlock posted:

Amok. Is always Recruiting :sun: https://discord.gg/fBFWAEAx . Smaller tight-knit group vibe, active in PvP and PvE, great SRP on top of alliance payout, and the best(worst) posters in the Imperium. What else could ya ask fer?

:argh:

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

learnincurve posted:

Daytime europe waffe crew checking in.

Only PvP going on is incredibly specific ship fit fleets that seem to have started before I log on, so that time of day it’s mostly mining in dead end unless some cheeky neutral sod comes into system and the Russians sigh, log off rorqual accounts and log into mains.

There is a lot of imperium miner DRAMA over them coming down here not reading The Rules and cherry picking ore and ratting/salvaging without clearing the cans in delve during the dead hours so it’s not all dull.
I like to think that one dude who reports them sends in multiple angle screenshots as evidence from each of his 4 accounts. “As you can see from this shot, my three rorquals are mining bistot where as this guy’s laser is clearly on merxicot”

Mining drama is the best drama.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

MRC48B posted:

Like the Warrior-monks of ...somewhere, we are meditating on the subject of Posting, until we are once again called upon to save all of goonkind.

Better to be a warrior shitposting than a shitposter in a war, or something.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

https://ashyin.space/jukebox.html
WITH A GOOD PROPER INTERFACE

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

MRC48B posted:

Is that why they won't turn on corpmails anymore? Others answer the Horn of Goondor. For Delta, the shitposts must flow.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

ded posted:

delta is active on shitposting in the discord

im in a fleet right now

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

Dalmuti posted:

Waffe is only director alts and delta

I've found things to do in the Alliance and I'm sure Delta did lots in the past. However the thread throws out Delta like an ACME landscape every time I've seen people look for help finding community in game.

"Goonwaffe sucks, we are all bittervets who will help but are doing our own thing and oh there's Delta."
"What's Delta?"
*Inside joke, join us, no not believin'*
" What do you do?"
"Shitpost and play other games"

I'll check out Amok and I still can't get Friends of KF auth'd but there's enough weird fleets I can fly that it's pretty alright. Theta squad is the only active channel on Mumble and they are usually helpful but also very mining oriented. I've tried to learn some drop stuff with Mike Flood in an Astero but I haven't had much time to just linger for a drop so maybe that won't last. Sturms, Destroyer and Cruiser fleets are the only game in town with no heavy fighting anywhere. Been training logi so I can fly in the strat ops with fancy stuff

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

It might sound odd. But being in Waffe feels sort of like being a member of all the corporations. Everyone is so nice anyway.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

stackofflapjacks posted:

I've found things to do in the Alliance and I'm sure Delta did lots in the past. However the thread throws out Delta like an ACME landscape every time I've seen people look for help finding community in game.

"Goonwaffe sucks, we are all bittervets who will help but are doing our own thing and oh there's Delta."
"What's Delta?"
*Inside joke, join us, no not believin'*
" What do you do?"
"Shitpost and play other games"

I'll check out Amok and I still can't get Friends of KF auth'd but there's enough weird fleets I can fly that it's pretty alright. Theta squad is the only active channel on Mumble and they are usually helpful but also very mining oriented. I've tried to learn some drop stuff with Mike Flood in an Astero but I haven't had much time to just linger for a drop so maybe that won't last. Sturms, Destroyer and Cruiser fleets are the only game in town with no heavy fighting anywhere. Been training logi so I can fly in the strat ops with fancy stuff

the only antidote to an inside joke is...... an.....outside joke

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feliday Melody posted:

It might sound odd. But being in Waffe feels sort of like being a member of all the corporations. Everyone is so nice anyway.

Little bees really is it’s own sig powered by the patience of Xyxyy

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

captainclaw posted:

isn't it something trivial like 1 per month in most other corps?

One a month? Without a defensive war? gently caress that. Are there even scheduled ops now?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Home defence ops nightly in 1DQ, loads of roaming gangs of neutrals looking for a fight.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Welp, mining changes are being reversed/delayed, wastage is now newby-friendly, that was fast

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
How did they make wastage newbie friendly?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

yoloer420 posted:

How did they make wastage newbie friendly?

They have zero

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
there is still zero loving reason to add waste at all. there is already waste when you refine and there will also be waste (after the proposed patch) if you compress

the only reason they are sticking it in is to continue with scarcity with a bag over its face

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013
Waste could / should be calibrated in a way to make stacking rorquals not as appealing, basically a rorqual diminishing return factor.

Now it is slightly closer to that. It is still so incredibly far from what is needed to reverse scarcity that it doesnt really even get a footnote mention.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You don't need to nerf the rorquals, just boost the barges - give the T1s a fuckin' extra mid slot at the very least, or multiple mids and the ability to shield tank. Just make them mine less than the T2s as a pay off.

The ore hold size on the coveter is taking the piss in 2021 as well, no it's not 10 years ago, no one wants to can mine in 0.0 - *that* is really why everyone wants the rorquel. Just look at all the people AFK hauler mining Veldspar in 1.0 and 0.9. If you make barges insanely slow then all you are doing is creating a terrible time sink because you hate people.

My pet idea has always been different kinds of expanders, you are going to get a mini isk sink going on it you make ice mining and ore mining hold expanders and rigs as everyone doubles up on barges/exhumers

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

learnincurve posted:

Little bees really is it’s own sig powered by the patience of Xyxyy

Yes, Gooniversity and the Little_bees channel have been my lifeline. I try and help in Little_bees when I can, Xyz does so much

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Nobody wants their endgame to be a boosting platform. If rorqs jump bridge barges, had system wide boosts, or some other super neat feature , it might be a good end game ship. But nerfing a ship that had that kind of price tag and a huge skill investment was dumb. A unknown amount of players just went *poof* without the changes bringing enticing anyone back to replace them.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Dalmuti posted:

im in a fleet right now

hosed up

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Knowing :ccp:, nerfing Rorqs was the first step in finally introducing an ORE Titan, until someone let them know it would've had a build cost of a trillion-plus isk per hull.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Knowing :ccp:, nerfing Rorqs was the first step in finally introducing an ORE Titan, until someone let them know it would've had a build cost of a trillion-plus isk per hull.

The Palatine Velditan

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

to be fair, what would be stopping the in-game lore from accepting that a bunch of null capsuleers started welding hulks to the side of their erebuses?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Potato Salad posted:

to be fair, what would be stopping the in-game lore from accepting that a bunch of null capsuleers started welding hulks to the side of their erebuses?

Minmatars are right there

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
The ORE Titan will be the top tier offensive mining platform. Its doomsday will be able to destroy a Moon frack or belt in one shot due to its infinite damage buff against rocks. Sadly it's -100% modifier to damage against all other targets makes it completely defenseless.

Offensive mining is what the players want!

The age of prosperity is here, thanks to an astounding array of anti-mining options!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

yoloer420 posted:

The age of prosperity is here, thanks to an astounding array of anti-mining options!

CCP: "Hey guys we know you loooove mining and PvP, so we combined the two- Hope you enjoy loading ore into guns- I MEAN compression modules over and over and hitting f1 and f2! See? Thrilling gameplay! (buy PLEX)"