Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I seriously wasn't trying to start any sort of golf (course) derail so this one's on me.

I grew up thinking the game was a stupid waste of time, tried it with some friends, had a little fun with it on occasion, changed my mind, and then gradually began to wonder what I was doing with my time and money after a bit and mostly got bored with it. Probably a lot of that was just me sucking at it but, honestly, a bigger part of it was not the game of golf. It was most of the golfers I met and especially the ones that take it seriously and do it on the regular.

Soooo many conservative rich white republicans and young players with the whole "born on third base swearing they hit a triple" types. Occasionally, I'd get paired up with a fun group of people but that was the exception and certainly not the norm.

I'm not trying to poo poo on anyone who enjoys playing. I was there for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
MORE WINDMILLS!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Mini golf takes up less space and has windmills. Win win.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Guavanaut posted:

Mini golf takes up less space and has windmills. Win win.

Counterargument: gently caress minigolf.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Real life golf sucks but video game golf rules.

Conversely, real life mini golf rules but video game mini golf sucks.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Counter point: Walk about mini golf on VR is loving awesome.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

instead of posting insufferable garbage in defense of loving golf, Just Don't Post and remain silent as golf is correctly and justly eliminated, hth

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Twelve by Pies posted:

This. I played golf all through high school and college and ended up quitting for various reasons and I grew to absolutely hate the game.

However when Mario Golf came out for the N64 I played the poo poo out of it and I still love golf video games. Except for the EA Tiger Woods garbage.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Orange Devil posted:

Counterargument: gently caress minigolf.

How can you say this? Mini golf is wonderful. Did a girl break up with you at mini golf in years past? Did a tiny windmill fall and crush your father?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

How are u posted:

How can you say this? Mini golf is wonderful. Did a girl break up with you at mini golf in years past? Did a tiny windmill fall and crush your father?

A big windmill crushed my tiny father you gently caress

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

This is all wrong. Golf courses have zero net benefit and should be reclaimed as public spaces.

These days a golf course going away is more likely to end with even more single homes than a park.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I forgot to say I don't even play golf but I sincerely believe that the only ethical consumption of golf is in a municipal course and I honestly think that they're okay. When you get rid of grody rundown municipal courses then you make golf a sport entirely available only to the monied classes. That's bullshit. People of modest means should be able to play golf, just like their wealthier counterparts. It shouldn't be a luxury.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I forgot to say I don't even play golf but I sincerely believe that the only ethical consumption of golf is in a municipal course and I honestly think that they're okay. When you get rid of grody rundown municipal courses then you make golf a sport entirely available only to the monied classes. That's bullshit. People of modest means should be able to play golf, just like their wealthier counterparts. It shouldn't be a luxury.

I'm with you on the gently caress the wealthy part but I also think any preserve beats a golf course

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Golf is a cool sport that can exist with nature. The modern private golf course loving sucks.

The whole thing is a symptom of a way bigger problem though.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 25, 2021

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Twelve by Pies posted:

Conversely, real life mini golf rules but video game mini golf sucks.
Mind blown.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Junkie Disease posted:

I'm with you on the gently caress the wealthy part but I also think any preserve beats a golf course

Golf is going to exist whether we like it or not. I don't like it. It's bullshit. But if there has to be golf, I want cheap municipal courses that are available to everyone.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

dehumanize urselves & face 2 the driving range

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Golf is also boring

Gummy Joe
Aug 16, 2007

Well, I wouldn't have Ol' Chomper here, that's for sure!
Activists in Minneapolis are presently calling for Hiawatha Golf Course to be turned into a Sex Forest, which is a pretty stupid idea and yet is still a better use of that land than a loving golf course.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
But a sex forest is a loving golf course!

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
This hole is a par 3

Time for the back nine

Hand me my 3 wood

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

DarkHorse posted:

This hole is a par 3

Time for the back nine

Hand me my 3 wood

While you posted in LF I trained in the iron.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

While you posted in LF I trained in the iron.

While you had premarital sex
I stroked my 9 Iron

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Fair point. You shouldn't go to jail for the first one either.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

But if cheating to get into the US lets you go to college why would you need to cheat to-

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
It's like how right wingers believe that there's secret free health care and welfare that illegal immigrants get, all they have to do is say "I'm an illegal immigrant" and the hospital will go "Oh our mistake, of course there's no charge." But honest hard working American citizens can't get that free health care because they're not immigrants.

So it's the same with that dumbass meme, immigrants are getting into all the colleges for free, leaving no room for the honest white families, who have to cheat to get into college and then are punished when they are caught.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

God dammit, they never actually read the book and they use the same ignorant memes every time.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

God dammit, they never actually read the book and they use the same ignorant memes every time.

Also the Cat in the Hat is not in Green Eggs and Ham.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
it also misses the ending. also doesnt going with three "yours" and a 4th "you", sort of sound off?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Our guy would never have sons on blow

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Dr Christmas posted:

Also the Cat in the Hat is not in Green Eggs and Ham.
Dr Seuss got canceled and now the actual contents of the book are lost to human memory and that's why cursed boomer memes get them wrong :supaburn:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's like how right wingers believe that there's secret free health care and welfare that illegal immigrants get, all they have to do is say "I'm an illegal immigrant" and the hospital will go "Oh our mistake, of course there's no charge." But honest hard working American citizens can't get that free health care because they're not immigrants.

So it's the same with that dumbass meme, immigrants are getting into all the colleges for free, leaving no room for the honest white families, who have to cheat to get into college and then are punished when they are caught.

Much like elections

It's funny how the majority of prosecuted voting fraud cases are republicans or right-leaning

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

DarkHorse posted:

Much like elections

It's funny how the majority of prosecuted voting fraud cases are republicans or right-leaning

It's ok because the right wing fraud is just an attempt to balance out the way-more-that-totally-happens left wing fraud :arghfist::tinfoil:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Every Democratic president is the Worst Ever, a Danger To The Republic!

Until the next one, which is ten times worse than the previous one, for reasons.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

What even IS a library?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Elephant Ambush posted:

What even IS a library?

Well yeah, but you couldn't just type in a question and bing bong so simple have an answer. You had to look it up in the card catalog system, or ask the librarian to help you. Totally different. For reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

One time I had my arms full of books so I used my chin to close the drawer on the card catalog, and the librarian told me angrily not to do that.

And I never have again.