Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen: I Find The Most Erotic Part of a Woman is the Boobies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Remind me how they're supposed to be able to mod a permanently online game?

Easy you just do it on your private server

I noticed only now that the modding manual promises that you can create your own ships using the modding manual. :laffo:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

trucutru posted:

Rumors say it'll be best suited to loading/unloading big containers from the Hull C an others. As a Hull C owner, I've been very interested in learning more about the RAFT, since CIG explained that we're going to have to manually move cargo from hangars to a docked Hull C. So even if it can't carry as mang SCU as a MAX/Taurus, if it can move the big containers easily, I'll probably grab one.
Buying separate ship to manually load and unload your nonexistent ship :thunk:

Instead of there simply being some crane, like in reality. Even ISS has a robotic arm to handle large payloads. But it seems that in the future as envisioned by :crobear:, they will sell specialized spaceships for everything, eventually there will be spaceship to wipe backers' asses*

*rear end wiping tech not implemented yet, toilet rolls sold separately

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Nov 25, 2021

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

If Crob really wants to keep these Neckbeards happy and get the $$$ flowing in then he needs to design a giant floating brothel

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

lobsterminator posted:

Kids and teens love sex and violence, because it's forbidden. If SC really wants to be an adult game that doesn't appeal to kids, they should have the game be mostly filling paperwork and filing mission reports.

Commander B'Tak (timidly) endorses this message.

At least, that's how he sees it.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

smellmycheese posted:

If Crob really wants to keep these Neckbeards happy and get the $$$ flowing in then he needs to design a giant floating brothel

Press USE to ogle.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

trucutru posted:

I'll probably grab 2 to be honest.

Why does it look like a lego dog? And this mighty manly spaceship can load like 2 shipping containers?

Complete_Cynic
Jan 18, 2013

commando in tophat posted:

Why does it look like a lego dog? And this mighty manly spaceship can load like 2 shipping containers?

This is Crobbler, the third container is a suppository.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

commando in tophat posted:

Well you see REDACTED and then REDACTED because REDACTED up your REDACTED.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

chadbear posted:

Easy you just do it on your private server

I noticed only now that the modding manual promises that you can create your own ships using the modding manual. :laffo:

didn't they also kill private servers some time ago lol

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Someone please tell these people that there is a vast amount of erotic materials out there, you don't need every game to be a sex game. Perhaps he would like to peruse some erotic novels?
I always found https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longarm_(book_series) to be an enjoyable read and there's like 400 of them.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Fidelitious posted:

Someone please tell these people that there is a vast amount of erotic materials out there, you don't need every game to be a sex game. Perhaps he would like to peruse some erotic novels?
I always found https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longarm_(book_series) to be an enjoyable read and there's like 400 of them.

I'm looking forward to their dissing of Loverslab modded Starfield when it inevitably happens.

"That bellybutton texture does't have enough fidelity"
"Those NPCs just have sex because of a trigger, it's not a quanta-state sentient decision."
"Amateurs... They didn't even model stains on the sheet"

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Incitatus posted:

What scent are naked body air fresheners?

Smegma

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Fidelitious posted:

But it's not TECH . Erotic is something these weirdos want because it's "an adult thing". Their main focus is some stupid TECH

Let me present some evidence:

insane commando posted:

We have FOIP. Eventually imagine FBOIP. Full body over ip.

You know, instead of just streaming that video (I guess there is a danger other person is ugly? But probably still better than star citizen models), or maybe meeting someone in person?

You'll also notice the strongest citizen drug in the above quote - "imagine"

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Hello

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I am sure SC would make even sex incredibly dull. You would need to scroll through unreadable inner thought menus and the whole procedure would take at least 4 hours to complete.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Dwesa posted:

I am sure SC would make even sex incredibly dull. You would need to scroll through unreadable inner thought menus and the whole procedure would take at least 4 hours to complete.

That is, if you don't fall through your partner.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I'm thoroughly impressed that the Drake Cutlass still hasn't seen any changes since it was launched, despite them promising all sorts of stuff that it's now clear they don't want to acknowledge making, since it'd mean lots of :qq:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
A report: tried to complete a delivery mission.

quote:

1. I went to the Starfarer and picked up the boxes.

2. I landed in the delivery area. Took the first box and went down the ship's ramp. And. Died.

3. I woke up in GH, claimed a ship, bought new equipment and flew back to Arcorp ( Wala) to my goods. Unfortunately, my body wasn't where I died, so the equipment was gone. Unfortunately also the package that I was holding in my hand while I died.

4. I picked up the next package, left the ship, entered the building, interacted with the package station and slipped into the station and. Died. Again.

5. I woke up in GH, claimed a ship, bought new equipment and flew back to Arcorp. The package was gone, but didn't count as delivered either.

6. I left the building and while I was leaving the building, an apparently invisible force was pulling my avatar , which slid across the area like on ice skates. Two seconds later I was. Dead. Again.

7. I claimed a ship, bought new equipment, flew to Baijini Point, replaced my imprint, flew to landing area - this time, my body was there - picked up the last package, jumped out of the ship to avoid the ramp, glitched trough the geometry, fell through the ground and. Died.

8. I closed the Alpha.

quote:

Do you run everywhere? I walk everywhere and this almost never happens to me. It could be the sudden changes in position that running causes relative to the server's ability to keep up that keeps killing you. Try walking and doing everything calmly and deliberately, see if that makes a difference.

It won't help the wind though. Sometimes you just have to wait for the weather to change to be safe.

Beware of the wind that makes you slide like on ice skates... and then kills you.

quote:

This is the answer right here. It doesn't have to be a slow walk, just dial back the mouse wheel at bit. If you are on a flat surface sprinting is usually safe, but ramps and stairs punish runners. I've been blown over,flung through the air etc, but since I was just jogging I took no damage. I have yet to die to this in 3.15.

Beware of those punishing ramps

Also, you can adjust your movement speed with the mouse wheel. If you're wearing heavy armor you won't be able to run even if you crank the mouse wheel all the way up but the game will consider you to be running anyways (because wheel is up) so you'll die for running too fast as you slowly walk.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Crazily enough I didn’t die once during my hour long quest to deliver a box

I think I had what one would call a “one off” experience

I fully expected to die anytime I touched a planet surface or ship. But alas

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
hour long quest to deliver a box

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I saw some video that showed some ground assault with infantry and dropships where they raid some town with AI and they’re talking about how you can only do this in star citizen and I thought until then that it was just a janky war hammer arma 3 mod because you very much can do exactly this with much less effort and better AI in arma.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

trucutru posted:

A report: tried to complete a delivery mission.

quote:

Do you run everywhere? I walk everywhere and this almost never happens to me. It could be the sudden changes in position that running causes relative to the server's ability to keep up that keeps killing you. Try walking and doing everything calmly and deliberately, see if that makes a difference.

Ah so the server can't keep up with the default movement speed provided to the player, yet will be groundbreaking never before seen MMO technology

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I saw some video that showed some ground assault with infantry and dropships where they raid some town with AI and they’re talking about how you can only do this in star citizen and I thought until then that it was just a janky war hammer arma 3 mod because you very much can do exactly this with much less effort and better AI in arma.

And you don't do that in Planetside 2 because its servers allow you to drop on other players which are expecting you, not on braindead NPCs.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
I remember 30min delivery quests going down in player history as really really bad and better off skipped.

In Star Citizen that is considered worth repeating dozens of times lol

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

You make it sound like that’s extreme. Once they add in the other systems, you’ll be wishing you got those easy credits while you could.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

trucutru posted:

They are going to be selling the Hull series again (the big cargo ships with the ridiculous extending struts) at the end of the anniversary sale.

But have you thought about how the hell are you going to load the cargo containers in them with maximum fidelitiousness? Well, the Argo RAFT is the answer

Able to carry a whole 3 cargo containers (IN SPACE!) It'll take like 50 trips to fully load your Hull-E. Imagine all the fun you'll have!

I'll probably grab 2 to be honest.

$300-450 says tier 0 container functionality will not be present when that ship is put up for sale

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

They'll dodge implementing containers by posting an in-universe video about container shortages in the "game" "world," and get showered in pledges for being so current.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
All you need to know about the Argo RAFT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNTSRI8TRW0&t=105s

'So at the moment the cargo containers are a fixed part of the ship, until we actually get the cargo refactor". It can also have all sorts of weapons but the weapons are not included.

It apparently has a crew of four to handle those all of those 3 containers, just like regular semitrucks do in real life!

SelenicMartian posted:

They'll dodge implementing containers by posting an in-universe video about container shortages in the "game" "world," and get showered in pledges for being so current.

No need to! cargo is still T0.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Sammus posted:

You make it sound like that’s extreme. Once they add in the other systems, you’ll be wishing you got those easy credits while you could.

*Gets home from work*

*Immediately kicks up some Bruce Springsteen and enters hyperspace for six hours*

marumaru
May 20, 2013

"it has vtol thrusters [...]" that are completely irrelevant and unnecessary because every ship in this game can hover in any planet's atmosphere with nothing but their reaction thrusters

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

trucutru posted:

But have you thought about how the hell are you going to load the cargo containers in them with maximum fidelitiousness? Well, the Argo RAFT is the answer

Wow. That design is fussy and greebly as gently caress, and its ship:cargo ratio is hilarious.

It'll sell like hotcakes

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

an actual frog posted:

Wow. That design is fussy and greebly as gently caress, and its ship:cargo ratio is hilarious.

It'll sell like hotcakes

And only the front side is actually accessible, the back is just a bunch of pipes that do ??? and hold the cargo. But is has a window that lets you look at the cargo! So you can jumo and then go look at it for the next 10 minutes while you wait.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Generally I like the jpegs in Star Citizen, they're good 80s scifi ripoffs if nothing else. But that space... tractor trailer? Dockyard crane? Whatever, it looks so dumb.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
Space:1999 called. They want their spaceship back

https://moonbasealpha.fandom.com/wiki/Eagle_Transporter

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
That or the Lifter from Elite:

3 containers underneath, vtol thrusters... never been done before!

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
meanwhile real, proper next gen graphics can be found on kiddy consoles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3DEM6XDDTk

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

CIG has never exactly been obscure in their aping of just about everything else from Top Gear, other games, movies, car commercials, and everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Bumble He posted:

meanwhile real, proper next gen graphics can be found on kiddy consoles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3DEM6XDDTk
Makes me wonder how good it would look without video compression artifacts.