Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Is anyone else having issues with seasonal challenges not completing? I’ve done the drag strip Ferrari one 4-5 times now and it refuses to tick off or give me the two seasonal points. I’m not even sure what speed I need to achieve for 3 stars, but I’ve gone through the trap at 381 kph and it still says “1kph more for 3 stars”, even though I’ve already got 3 stars…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

It's a known glitch, restart a couple times and it should fix itself

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

ive found that going to the online tab and changing to solo and then back to online fixes it

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Funso Banjo posted:

There needs to a thread rule, that results in just a few hours probation, that kicks in if you post one of these without the track/course name. People see these pics and want to take the challenge man.

I agree, post the drat track names! It would of course be better if the stupid name was at the top of the stupid leaderboard but it isn't so here we are.

Also, is the Rivals mechanic actually broken? Whenever I do a rivals time and beat whatever ghost it gives me, then go through past the rewards the game offers me a "new challenger", and it's just the exact same rival as before. I've checked the leaderboard, there are definitely other times. I did the Ruta Norte one earlier and it kept giving me the guy I just beat until I quit out, went back in, got a new rival and then beat that, at which point it gave me the same one again. :argh:

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 25, 2021

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

AirRaid posted:

Also, is the Rivals mechanic actually broken? Whenever I do a rivals time and beat whatever ghost it gives me, then go through past the rewards the game offers me a "new challenger", and it's just the exact same rival as before. I've checked the leaderboard, there are definitely other times. I did the Ruta Norte one earlier and it kept giving me the guy I just beat until I quit out, went back in, got a new rival and then beat that, at which point it gave me the same one again. :argh:

Yeah it does that for me as well. As great as the game is, it really feels like it could have done with another month or two of polish but was slightly rushed out the door for the Xbox anniversary event.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
When they fix that rivals bug I will be even more hooked

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This week's team challenge is X-class supercars on tight tracks, and the AI absolutely fucks off into the distance.

you need an x-class FXXk or senna, and you need to get lucky enough off the start to be able to ram the drivatar in first place.

everybody quit after my first race and me and this one other dude managed to win the second 2, but it is 100% complete and total bullshit.

If you get down to 2 people, second place doesn't matter. winning = 650, all drivatars beating your dude = 600, so just win.

This is going to put some people off of doing seasonals for a good long while. what a shitshow

Powershift fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 25, 2021

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
For Rivals post screen it's a combo bugged and unclearly written - just pretend it says "congrats you beat X" and doesn't mention another rival and pretend the button prompts say "A - OK, quit / X - Restart Event" (or maybe it's B instead of X). Also note the leaderboard screen lets you pick the ghost, but your time is global you don't have to call out and beat each ghost, which I thought at first. I hoped picking a ghost and beating it would pop up a BRING IT on the other person's screen if they were online but seems to just do the little yellow number indicator on the one pause menu tab that has rivals then the yellow number of how many new ones have beaten you on the Rivals box on that tab.

Rivals owns

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Powershift posted:

also good, for each car you pull out of your garage to photograph, run a drag race to maybe get 3-4 more cars photographed.

Another good tip is to put the game in Horizon Solo, the world will be filled by drivatars driving all kinds of rare vehicles, I must have gotten like 60 new photos in my first session.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

A-Class Reservorio Sprint road race - found this one quite challenging

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
snow is here woo

the forzathon weekly is bugged, when you take a photo of the 911 you first have to do the other single challenge (at night) first and then a normal one to progress

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Powershift posted:

This is going to put some people off of doing seasonals for a good long while. what a shitshow

You are not kidding. There were some awful trials in FH4. But between the tight tracks that are completely unsuited for S2/X-class, the turbocharged AI, and the pubbies showing up in untuned or lower-class garbage* and acting as 600-point millstones around your neck, this is maybe the worst trial they've ever had.

And you absolutely need it if you want to max out the season. I don't know what they're thinking dropping this on the second week when there's a bunch of new players in the game to boot.

* - there's apparently no class restrictions this week (WTF), so special shout out to the person who showed up to the trial in an untuned B-class 250 GTO. Though it does match the AI to the players' class, so if you get some people showing up in junk and quitting, you might be get lucky and have a few real crappy drivatars to race against.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Goa Tse-tung posted:

snow is here woo

the forzathon weekly is bugged, when you take a photo of the 911 you first have to do the other single challenge (at night) first and then a normal one to progress

This is not true, I did it the other way round with no problems. It “fails” the midnight photo challenge but ticks off the 911 chapter just fine.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Bought the 911 and spent 20 minutes upgrading and building a base tune before noticing you don't even have to race it this week :doh:

Took it for a lap and beat Golliath anyway for funsies. Above Average AI is just about my limit and I took first within the last half mile after being in 3rd most of the way. My tune code is 348 397 998 if anyone cares.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This weeks car pass car is rear engine and 825kg. you can put a 1000hp v8 in it and it'll do wheelies through the gears

A+++, would recommend.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Porfiriato posted:

You are not kidding. There were some awful trials in FH4. But between the tight tracks that are completely unsuited for S2/X-class, the turbocharged AI, and the pubbies showing up in untuned or lower-class garbage* and acting as 600-point millstones around your neck, this is maybe the worst trial they've ever had.

And you absolutely need it if you want to max out the season. I don't know what they're thinking dropping this on the second week when there's a bunch of new players in the game to boot.

* - there's apparently no class restrictions this week (WTF), so special shout out to the person who showed up to the trial in an untuned B-class 250 GTO. Though it does match the AI to the players' class, so if you get some people showing up in junk and quitting, you might be get lucky and have a few real crappy drivatars to race against.

I just noticed this too, the drivatars match your PI car by car. I also had a guy in a B-class GTO join and drop, unfortunately the rest of the pack were in default tuned S2 cars so they were all over the place. This is going to take a while for sure.
Edit: Get the Senna X-class tune by Don Joewong Song then just grind this event over and over until you get a game without loving idiots showing up with default tuned cars.

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 25, 2021

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I loving love this game

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

so uhh are any of the High Rollers cars for the weekly free or easy to get? I don't have that kind of cash right now lol

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
gently caress YES I GOT IT!!!!!
All you need is people that know where the "download tune" button is and are able to win on one of the first 2 tracks. The third track is an easy win as it is through/outside the city up north and the AI absolutely can not handle that stage with all their boosts and cheats, they will just crash in every corner and drive like idiots.

So happy I'm done with this poo poo, worst event by far.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

so uhh are any of the High Rollers cars for the weekly free or easy to get? I don't have that kind of cash right now lol

If you do the other challenges first, you get the Zerouno for 22 points this season.

e: ooh, look, balloons!

Powershift fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 25, 2021

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

thank god my team barely squeaked by and won the first time i tried it

thankfully i like D to A rivals lapping a lot so i have my fill of using varied cars in a competitive environment, but it would be nice to be able to go online without seeing the same 2 cars in the same 2 classes all the time. adding some more semi-random restrictions to events seems like a fun and trivial way to spice up online but i guess it would involve actually spending the time to making meaningful changes to things that have been glaring weak spots in the gameplay for years instead of fixing bugs that cause the game to be fundamentally and completely broken at a base level. like the same eliminator bugs that have been in it ever since it released in FH4. they're fixing those, right?

fun game i like to drive cars

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Man, after having no trouble up until now this morning the game crashed my computer harder than anything since Cyberpunk. I am impressed.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Powershift posted:

This week's team challenge is X-class supercars on tight tracks, and the AI absolutely fucks off into the distance.

you need an x-class FXXk or senna, and you need to get lucky enough off the start to be able to ram the drivatar in first place.

everybody quit after my first race and me and this one other dude managed to win the second 2, but it is 100% complete and total bullshit.

If you get down to 2 people, second place doesn't matter. winning = 650, all drivatars beating your dude = 600, so just win.

We finished 3/4/10/11/12 and lost the first round, one guy quit, and managed 3/4/5/6 with a lot of blocking for round 2 and 3, which was enough for a win.

But yeah, it was not a fun time and definitely one of the harder trials in FH4/FH5. And the eligible car were all 1 million-plus. Definitely not newbie-friendly, especially this early in the game.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

From what it looks like on reddit, that challenge scales to the players.
So if you all enter with A-class, the CPU is A-class.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

GolfHole posted:

From what it looks like on reddit, that challenge scales to the players.
So if you all enter with A-class, the CPU is A-class.

True. The number of people bringing S2 and X class cars they cant control is ridiculous

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Funso Banjo posted:

True. The number of people bringing S2 and X class cars they cant control is ridiculous

Basic game theory. Bringing an X that you struggle to control is less of a risk than bringing an A class and hoping that the other 5 players did the same.

I can't control my X class, but it's that and some mid-low finish still worth some points, or a battle for 11th place against the NPC that matches my low class while the rest of the pack is waiting at the finish line.

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

Convex posted:

I loving love this game

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

The lake has dried up again so I could finally get the last of the 250 boards from that old structure in the middle (tried yeeting it from a couple of points bridge-side of the lake, but just didn't have the patience that I did for the board on the pylon next to the highway).

Has anyone received their McLaren P1 for playing FM5?

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see my friend's drivatar in races anymore since joining the goon club, anyone know a way to have em show up? my drivatar apparently doesn't show up for him either

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Don't spend any money in the auction right now that you don't want to risk losing. sometimes buying stuff will take the money but give you no car.

Also, the TVR Speed 12 which is a cool and good car gets that tiny little baby spoiler, meanwhile the Cadillac ATS which is a boring rear end mom-mobile gets a wing 3 feet wider than the car.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see my friend's drivatar in races anymore since joining the goon club, anyone know a way to have em show up? my drivatar apparently doesn't show up for him either

Tell him to go away, you're ours now.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
:corsair:

Pulsar is a lightweight AWD with ~110 PI to play with, no surprise it's a front runner for best in class. I'd love to know what is going on with some of those other cars though

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

gregbest90 posted:

The lake has dried up again so I could finally get the last of the 250 boards from that old structure in the middle (tried yeeting it from a couple of points bridge-side of the lake, but just didn't have the patience that I did for the board on the pylon next to the highway).

Has anyone received their McLaren P1 for playing FM5?

Ah, the P1 just dropped for me when i logged in and checked.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Powershift posted:

Don't spend any money in the auction right now that you don't want to risk losing. sometimes buying stuff will take the money but give you no car.

Sometimes a car that doesn't sell comes back to your garage with someone else's livery too. I was trying to unload a vette and it came back with a bunch of anime stuck to it. It was white when I handed off to the auction guy, I swear!

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Been having a lot of fun putting down rivals times and working to get clean times on everything. I'm not very good but I was able to pull off a couple of 5% times. Trying to save up for the last 5mill house so I can get those sweet daily wheelspins.

GT is Relapsed09 if anyone wants to race my ghost. I'm bad. :v:

text
Mar 12, 2011
Not looking forward to trying this weeks trial at all

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

This game finally works, and it's pretty cool! I applied to GRCC and am prepared to crash a lot (RWD is hard!).

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
^^ Welcome to GRCC, friend. ^^

Powershift posted:

Tell him to go away, you're ours now.
Hear, hear!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 26, 2021

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
The Reasonably Priced Cars dirt track seasonal event is pretty fun!

I took a Celica and gave it a little extra grip and acceleration, and it's a close race against the AI where I just barely squeaked out a win on two of the three tracks (the other I completely slaughtered them).

I think for Winter I'm just going to get the first car reward and call it good.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

FH5 has been launching twice for me lately (on PC) for whatever reason, leading to a hanging second instance of the game running in the background, making it noticeably hotter in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Are they seriously banning people for copyrighted liveries? Also gently caress the Juggernaut

Zeether fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 26, 2021