Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/edburmila/status/1463542654600425478

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

It's genuinely kind of spooky how "vote to fix the fact that our system is undemocratic" is a common talking point that most people think is reasonable and not completely insane and self-contradictory.

Yeah and it's even worse because guys like Manchin just openly gloat about it. When pressed on how he was singlehandedly shutting down Biden's agenda or whatever, including refusing to abolish the filibuster to pass voting rights legislation, he responded by saying "well I guess these progressives should have elected more progressive senators"

like dude the whole point of voting rights legislation is that your enemies are making it much harder to elect progressive senators, everyone involved can see that, Democratic fundraising emails and campaign messaging say it's the end of democracy, and yet clearly it means so little to them that they joke about it to reporters.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Yadoppsi posted:

I didnt know the specifics but that tracks with my experience. I'm in Stark and the 2 "cities" on either side of me had democrats running unopposed for all the city council positions but the second an electoral district gets bigger than a city ward its a Republican blowout.

Canton's response to BLM last year was really disappointing too. Dem mayor (Indy but just a Dem who wouldn't accept a primary loss) and a democratic supermajority in the city council but no policy changed. The organizers split into 2 groups really early in the movement too. One group was black organizers but led small protests of mostly young white kids in the city center and tried to directly lobby the mayor. The mayor just ignored them. The other group was focused on mobilizing the people in the poor ring around the city core into marches through their neighborhoods. The police came down HARD on these parades/marches the second the sun even thought about setting.

Columbus BLM got terrorized by the cops until some black folks claiming to be the Managers of BLM nobody in the organizing scene had heard of showed up. For whatever reason, these folks that were 1,000% not plants were the ones the Mayor dealt with exclusively :lol:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Business Gorillas posted:

Columbus BLM got terrorized by the cops until some black folks claiming to be the Managers of BLM nobody in the organizing scene had heard of showed up. For whatever reason, these folks that were 1,000% not plants were the ones the Mayor dealt with exclusively :lol:

thankfully Columbus cops can't stop incriminating themselves in public, whether it's trying to arrest Stormy Daniels or drug running in patrol cars

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Cloks posted:

thankfully Columbus cops can't stop incriminating themselves in public, whether it's trying to arrest Stormy Daniels or drug running in patrol cars

Remembering when they had a special Good Guy Cop who was specifically trained to be the PR face since everyone was getting mad at the cops

He got caught on camera punching a handcuffed man in the back of the head lmao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Remembering when they had a special Good Guy Cop who was specifically trained to be the PR face since everyone was getting mad at the cops

and that handcuffed man? adolf hitler

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

how funny would it be for republicans to make a deal with the dems to let them impeach biden and let yahskween kamala be the first female president

like does sleepy joe get kicked out 100-0 or do you think he has a few friends

for bonus points how surprised pikachu will dems be when they go ahead and impeach kamala

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

how funny would it be for republicans to make a deal with the dems to let them impeach biden and let yahskween kamala be the first female president

like does sleepy joe get kicked out 100-0 or do you think he has a few friends

for bonus points how surprised pikachu will dems be when they go ahead and impeach kamala

Isn’t Mitch McConnell his boy?

All the old dudes and dudettes will protect their homie regardless of party

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Noob Saibot posted:

Isn’t Mitch McConnell his boy?

All the old dudes and dudettes will protect their homie regardless of party

Hopefully all the young dudes and dudettes as well.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

was that the dancing cop or did two different cops do the same thing?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Cloks posted:

They did the fusion dance

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

vyelkin posted:

Yeah and it's even worse because guys like Manchin just openly gloat about it. When pressed on how he was singlehandedly shutting down Biden's agenda or whatever, including refusing to abolish the filibuster to pass voting rights legislation, he responded by saying "well I guess these progressives should have elected more progressive senators"

like dude the whole point of voting rights legislation is that your enemies are making it much harder to elect progressive senators, everyone involved can see that, Democratic fundraising emails and campaign messaging say it's the end of democracy, and yet clearly it means so little to them that they joke about it to reporters.

nobody is gonna figure out "the guys who are denying us UHC is not worth listening on anything"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Cloks posted:

same cop

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Good Cop, Bad Cop Both Racist

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Nonsense posted:

Biden looks terminal in the photo. He's in intense pain constantly.

the suffering he inflicts on others, just because he's babyraging about his internally

gently caress em

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/FSACOO/status/1463619684977164289?t=Yzmu8yPXBYuD1QD-PgN3Nw&s=19

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The student loan stuff is insane since it's specifically something they campaigned on and something they could do without their precious Senate 60 seat majority. I'm almost excited to see the politifact report on how technically that promise was delivered.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Extending it, with the implied threat of "if you're electing a Republican, they surely won't extend the pause" would be a pretty good strategical move. Too bad the Democrats are really bad at executing on any kind of strategy, with the exception of not wielding any power and losing elections.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Joe Biden desperately signing some executive actions on Nov 1 2024 as the poll numbers look worse and worse.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

I remember the heady days of late 2008 when people, including myself, thought the republicans were on their way to being a rump southern region party. Amazing how bad the democrat party is to completely reverse that trend in barely more then a decade.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

I remember the heady days of late 2008 when people, including myself, thought the republicans were on their way to being a rump southern region party. Amazing how bad the democrat party is to completely reverse that trend in barely more then a decade.

I said it in the succ thread so I'm sorry to anyone who has to read my dumb posts in both this thread and the other, but this is basically how the Democrats got killed in the Midwest.

Richard Cordray is probably the most popular member of the Ohio Democratic Party outside of Sherrod Brown, not because of anything he's done, but because the rest of the party shoots themselves in the foot over and over and over again just like this.

This is genuinely the best they've got.

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

It's because despite having the necessary majority to essentially destroy the GOP forever and remake America in his image for generations, Baquack Hussein Obamilure chose instead to do nothing.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

:same: it's absolutely incredible to watch haha

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

and then he gave the bankers even more free money? da gently caress?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I feel like an important life lesson I've learned is that whenever folks are seriously talking about how the republican party is finished for good it actually means they're about to take control. Been true longer than I've been alive.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Maya Fey posted:

Good Cop, Bad Cop Both Racist

Schrödinger's Cop

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

this screenshot tells the whole story of the dancing cop

to make this post relevant to the thread, the dancing cop is representative of Kamala Harris

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

CaptainACAB posted:

It's because despite having the necessary majority to essentially destroy the GOP forever and remake America in his image for generations, Baquack Hussein Obamilure chose instead to do nothing.

Paradol ex was right. And I don't know how to accept that.

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Paradol ex was right. And I don't know how to accept that.

Lmao no he was an absolute dipshit but that's still the funniest Obama nickname

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

CaptainACAB posted:

Lmao no he was an absolute dipshit but that's still the funniest Obama nickname

That's the thing though, ALL of the absolute dipshits were right about Obama

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

LastInLine posted:

That's the thing though, ALL of the absolute dipshits were right about Obama

Nah the ones who said he was a communist we're, unfortunately, totally wrong.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

CaptainACAB posted:

Ah yes, sorry, I did forget about them which I guess is ironic because they completely purged the normal dipshits from every position of power within the gop in that period of eight years

In fact now that I think about it, it's those very dipshits that the dems actively courted to elect Biden (the suburban whites who just couldn't stomach Trump but are otherwise GWB-era republicans). At this point they've all but evaporated into the ether

It's wild how quickly even the nonpolitical are becoming radicalized, it sure would suck to be the party of the status quo in such a time

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9nTxOMtbEI

This video is probably the best representation of the modern Democratic Party, even moreso than the famous Fight Song video from the 2016 DNC.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

CaptainACAB posted:

IIRC on his own recognizance Obama was a college communist until he learned that you can't pick up chicks by quoting theory at them and he just sort of went whole-hog on being the most cynical opportunistic piece of poo poo he could be

imagine getting turned down so hard you start drone-striking american citizens, it's like being a secret incel supervillain

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
claiming he was any or all of muslim, kenyan, communist (good), communist (bad), christ, anti-christ, illuminati, etc. was the national pastime while obama was in office. what's funny is that paradol ex, a man who was never right about pretty much anything, was right about exactly what kind of person obama was.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

claiming he was any or all of muslim, kenyan, communist (good), communist (bad), christ, anti-christ, illuminati, etc. was the national pastime while obama was in office. what's funny is that paradol ex, a man who was never right about pretty much anything, was right about exactly what kind of person obama was.

googling for this because I've mostly been ignoring...like...the internet in general for a long time, turned up 'paradol ex.txt', which is a real pro-click read, and yes, this person was absolutely wrong about absolutely everything all the time EXCEPT the lovely cynicism of Obama

Shady Amish Terror has issued a correction as of 01:57 on Nov 26, 2021

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

motherfucker couldnt even figure out how to buy a couch

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

LastInLine posted:

It's wild how quickly even the nonpolitical are becoming radicalized, it sure would suck to be the party of the status quo in such a time

it's kind of funny when you realize that when trump wins in 2024 he's gonna find new and exciting ways to gently caress things up. like the DNC is obviously turbofucked in the shorter run but it's not like the GOP isn't chained to the same boat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

democratic staffers thought this and were thrilled at the prospect, elected democrats and their funders thought this and became existentially terrified at the prospect of having to govern. without a stronger republican party they are nothing