Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I wanna try cyberpunk but soooo many games have this threshold that I cross unknowingly and, beyond that, I'm just done. One minute it's fun and the next I don't ever wanna play it again, and it seems to happen regardless of whether I've finished the story or not. My video game attention span is like a half hour max nowadays.

Except for RDR2, where I've logged 130 hours. Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Achtane posted:

I wanna try cyberpunk but soooo many games have this threshold that I cross unknowingly and, beyond that, I'm just done. One minute it's fun and the next I don't ever wanna play it again, and it seems to happen regardless of whether I've finished the story or not. My video game attention span is like a half hour max nowadays.

Except for RDR2, where I've logged 130 hours. Lol

If it comes up for sale for like $20-30, it's worth giving it a go. Don't spend a lot of money on it though.

vanisher

Finger Prince posted:

If it comes up for sale for like $20-30, it's worth giving it a go. Don't spend a lot of money on it though.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Yeah, I was running across a Grecian field and all of a sudden just felt like I'd done enough of that to fill my appetite and now I don't think I'm gonna pick that game up again for awhile.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

knuthgrush

Be brave; clench fists.

i have been playing through ketsui death label with my new hori fighting commander gamepad and sometimes i post about it in the shmups thread over in retro games.

i'm also making my first doom map with loads of help from the wad club, also in retro games!

my computer doesn't run video games too well because i run linux and i have a very low end graphics card. it's mostly a homelab full of VMs and containers and also it's an internet viewing machine. loads of ram and cpu, not too much in the gpu department.

ty heather paps for the rockin' summer sig

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

picked up Star Wars Battlefront 2 and the single player campaign is an interesting take on the story. the multiplayer sadly is not really all that great, at least thus far.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
lol i had to get battlefront 2 after reading your post, i have good memories of playing the original during sleepovers at my cousins house. it was basically a lasery and more singleplayer-friendly version of battlefield 1942 back then so a lackluster story and wack multiplayer mode dont bother me too much when it comes to a $7 game.

also picked up rocksmith (should be amusing) and opted for horizon: zero dawn instead of cyberpunk this time

i need some good adventure/exploration games to fill the void left by rdr2, my favorite birdwatching in the old west while high as gently caress simulator

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

If you can tolerate a bunch of cutscenes and a really slow start, Death Stranding is pretty chill once you get into the meat of the game.

Bobby Deluxe

with death stranding i would say do not go nuts trying to get every facility to 5 stars, some of them take a ball aching amount of time and it ruins the story flow

the exception is the collector, because you need to get him to 3 stars for the backpack customisation which is pretty useful

you can clear everything else after you finish the story because it rewinds to the pre- endgame and says 'hey if you have any stuff left to do, i would do it now'

also the directors cut* just came out so i would imagine there is a fairly good player population

* hideo kojima does not like calling it a directors cut apparently

kalel

been on a slay the spire kick recently. I think it's going to end up in the space of games I play on and off for a week before dropping for a year

How Wonderful!

I picked up Bloodstained and it scratches that Castlevania itch perfectly. It feels pretty short but I'm fine with it, honestly I'm killing time before Endwalker.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

How Wonderful! posted:

I picked up Bloodstained and it scratches that Castlevania itch perfectly. It feels pretty short but I'm fine with it, honestly I'm killing time before Endwalker.

Did you defeat the true boss?

The game has an inverse castle mechanic like SOTN did.

How Wonderful!

Zil posted:

Did you defeat the true boss?

The game has an inverse castle mechanic like SOTN did.

No but I just got the invert move a little while ago, I'm farming stuff and cooking before trying the samurai guy again.

Heather Papps

hello friend

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

French Accent

:eyepop:

Mummy Napkin

rock and stone to that one

Farecoal

There he go
Finally beat ALL the bosses in Dark Souls 2, including Ancient Dragon, Aldia, Darklurker... :feelsgood:

kalel

nice

Farecoal posted:

Finally beat ALL the bosses in Dark Souls 2, including Ancient Dragon, Aldia, Darklurker... :feelsgood:

very nice

French Accent

Farecoal posted:

which one was the hardest to beat? i had trouble with fume knight but that was when i was still a baby in the series.

good job on beating ancient dragon though, probably 2nd hardest for me.

Farecoal

There he go

French Accent posted:

which one was the hardest to beat? i had trouble with fume knight but that was when i was still a baby in the series.

good job on beating ancient dragon though, probably 2nd hardest for me.

I'm a dirty liar and forgot that I haven't done the Frigid Outskirts boss (the two tigers). Oops!

Fume Knight wasn't bad with a NPC phantom to distract him. I'd say the hardest was Sinh. Ancient Dragon and Vendrick weren't bad at all when I got the pattern down

Scaly Haylie

do people like uncharted???

sb hermit

Scaly Haylie posted:

I haven't played 4 but 1-3 are good. I think there are some quality of life improvements on the later ones but they hold up pretty well against modern games. They feel very cinematic.

If you don't like one of them then it's unlikely that you'll like the rest of them. Some of the levels can get frustrating but you can ease up on the difficulty level. It's also fun to just watch someone else play it.

Last of Us is by the same developer. Combat style is similar but the enemies, environment, and story tone are incredibly different.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Scaly Haylie posted:

thought I replied to this but realized that your post made me go on a 45-minute nostalgia cascade to a different life lol
ive only ever played the first one and it was a good drinking with buddies game although the loop of enter room - oh no badguys everywhere pew pew pew - next room got really old eventually

for some reason I seem to have good feelings regarding one of the machine guns in that game?

Scaly Haylie

i'm playing through it and i don't hate it but i'm like surely this isn't as good as uncharted 1 gets

Scaly Haylie

i beat chapter 6 last night for reference

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I think I hit that point of 'eh I'll finish it but I'm pretty bored" during the mission where you gotta sneak into a villa and by sneak I of course mean gun down every last dude

sb hermit

Scaly Haylie posted:

i beat chapter 6 last night for reference

I watched someone beat chapter 6 and 7 and yeah, it's a good example of what uncharted is.

There are some chapters that have a lot more puzzles and storytelling, though. But a lot of the draw of the game is the worldbuilding, the backdrops, the set pieces, and attention to detail. It's not for everyone, admittedly.

Elena is not a compelling character, but her and Sully are the only friends that Nate has in that game. The more interesting companions tend to come in later games.

sb hermit fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 28, 2021

French Accent

Farecoal posted:

Ancient Dragon and Vendrick weren't bad at all when I got the pattern down

vendrick is one of the easier bosses to figure out the attack patterns. he just has a lot of health (depending on when you fight him)

Farecoal

There he go
Update: killed the two tigers in Frigid Outskirts (related: gently caress that place)

kalel

I'm kind of meh on breath of the wild so far. I made it to kakariko village and I have no desire to continue. am I just broken

sb hermit

kalel posted:

I'm kind of meh on breath of the wild so far. I made it to kakariko village and I have no desire to continue. am I just broken

No. You will know if you're hooked on breath of the wild because you will be doing every shrine in sight and attempting to climb every mountain and find all the fish and insects before actually reaching kakariko village.

Do you like to explore? Conquer shrines? Collect ingredients for food? Catch horses? Activate towers? Kill difficult enemies (this was my hook)? There are other cool things to do as well, once you progress further into the story. But if none of these things interest you, then BotW is not your cup of tea.

If you like the story then keep in mind that you're very early into the game.

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

Scaly Haylie posted:

heck yeah! Uncharted 1 was okay

Uncharted 2 fuckin' rules

Uncharted 3 was okay... but played nicer than 1, so it has that going for it.

1 is the roughest of the three, but I enjoyed its narrative more than 3's.

Iambic Pentameter

i completely missed it but that crazy fast tetris game they're always running at gdq got confirmed for a home port earlier this month and i am very happy and excited

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

started a new run of Persona 3 Portable since I never finished my Female Main Character run. Found 2GB of updated textures/art and woo boy it looks better than i've ever seen it.

loopsheloop

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

started a new run of Persona 3 Portable since I never finished my Female Main Character run. Found 2GB of updated textures/art and woo boy it looks better than i've ever seen it.

that sounds nice, link? u playin on a vita?

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

loopsheloop posted:

that sounds nice, link? u playin on a vita?

well, link would probably be :filez: but i can tell you that I'm using emulation on PC via PPSSPP and if you search that program name and p3p hd, it should be the first result.

loopsheloop
ah cool, figured it was just a patch or something, thanks!

Farecoal

There he go
P3P female route is my favorite Persona game

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

kalel posted:

I'm with you. I feel like it has everything I SHOULD like, but it never really clicked for me and I tried it on like 3 separate occasions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
PPSSPP also runs on your phone, so you can make a totally legal copy of your rightfully owned games and play them on your phone!

I don't really like playing on phones outside of JRPGS and VNs, but the PSP is all about those!