Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Pre-gamin wit teh mushroom pate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

We usually dont host any family holidays because we're not stupid, but this year we are stupid.
The group has broken up into some of th ladies chilling with their espresso (you're welcome, ladies) the large group of vocal males yelling about loving anything and everything, and myself and a close cousin sitting on the couch silently sending each other memes themed on the points in the conversation the idiots are yelling about.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Love to get the blood pressure up during vacation, whether its screamin or eatin

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

We're just sending this image back and forth to each other right now.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ok one of them just said "colored person", I'm going for a walk

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Lmao

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

Lmao

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I've been told by Mrs Beer that I am not to leave her in the house with everyone which is a legitimate concern i guess. loving hell.

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

I've been told by Mrs Beer that I am not to leave her in the house with everyone which is a legitimate concern i guess. loving hell.

Gotta love family

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I think karaoke seems appropriate for your situation

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

We're watchin the cute dogs in the dog show rn

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Ok one of them just said "colored person", I'm going for a walk

Lol we were just talking at our thanksgiving about how people like that are probably so mad at commercials with mixed race families and non binary looking folx

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Put on football and whenever someone makes a racist grunt insinuate that they're the reason the losing team is losing.

E: i'm doing post-turkey plops. I didn't realize but my in-laws were behind me while I was driving home and I was vaping out the window.

They're being cool about it for now.

Samuel L. Hacksaw fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 25, 2021

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol america is so funny. why do you all do this poo poo that you hate? does anyone actually enjoy thanksgiving there?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol america is so funny. why do you all do this poo poo that you hate? does anyone actually enjoy thanksgiving there?

You ever eat turkey and stuffing? That's why.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i did for like 18 years and then when i moved out i never made it again because turkey SUCKS

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

i did for like 18 years and then when i moved out i never made it again because turkey SUCKS

Nah, its pretty good and juicy and makes good leftovers for sandos and turkey salad

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

A lot of people suck at making turkey tho

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i usually make a prime rib roast on thanksgiving now actually and it's way better

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

stuffing (done from scratch - not that boxed bullshit) is extremely bomb though and i do miss my mothers turkey stuffing

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I'm sous viding a turkey in my rear end in a top hat

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

this might take a couple weeks

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

a new spin on thanksgiving stuffing

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

i usually make a prime rib roast on thanksgiving now actually and it's way better

Yeah those are really good too. Sorry you don't like turkey!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Yeah those are really good too. Sorry you don't like turkey!

what i really meant though was the thing where the whole extended family gets together - especially the people you hate - and you all bicker and fight until someone storms out in a rage and you vow to never speak to them again... until you do it again next year. all my american friends have this exact same story and i eagerly await their return so they can give me another one next week

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I miss my family's awesome Thanksgivings. My family never had drama it was just cooking super tasty food and mulled wine and chilling. This year I'm eating a faux turkey loaf by myself and it's kinda depressing. Also my aunt and the family dog just died so my family is kinda going through poo poo rn. I kinda wish i had traveled to see them but they are 2000 miles away so it's a huge pain especially around holidays. But i chose to move here so :shrug: it is what it is

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
One time at work they gave us all free turkeys. But I did not know how to cook a turkey. I was going to muster up the energy to research and try it, then I had a better idea. I called the woman I was FWB with and was like “hey, you know how to cook a turkey???” and she came over and not only cooked the turkey but she made a green bean casserole and sweet potatoes too.

Pretty satisfied with the result.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Happy Tugsgiving

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

My thanksgivings are usually smaller gatherings, less than 10 people, which is key to social harmony

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Derpies posted:

Happy Tugsgiving

Now this i can get behind

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Derpies posted:

Lol we were just talking at our thanksgiving about how people like that are probably so mad at commercials with mixed race families and non binary looking folx

Omg are you here too listening to Uncle Louie?!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Its taking a little rest nap

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Omg are you here too listening to Uncle Louie?!

I lucked out with boomer parents that are mostly free of brain worms, our chud side of the family is somewhere off in Texas and we don’t talk to them but I’m sure they’re so mad a lady in a commercial had blue hair right now

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

My thanksgivings are usually smaller gatherings, less than 10 people, which is key to social harmony

Yeah, it's nice having a small family, my Thanksgivings were always nice and harmonious.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I'm very grumpy this evening and I don't know why

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Derpies posted:

I’m sure they’re so mad a lady in a commercial had blue hair right now

And don't even get them started on those ladies that had a super short buzz cut!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Derpies posted:

Happy Tugsgiving

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Adbot