Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

vyelkin posted:

lol this has to be a bit

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

No I think Pogba (and this applies to Fernandes) is a phenomenal player and that Manchester United is where phenomenal players go to die because they have nothing resembling a holistic transfer policy / coaching regime.

It’s like what if Galcticos era Real but half the starting squad and most of the bench is total poo poo, and the ones that aren’t don’t fit together.

I can’t imagine spending my prime years of being a world class footballer in 2016-2021 Manchester United.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Don’t get me wrong I’m happy that Man U players (any players for that matter) are getting the brinks truck backed up to their houses, and I can’t blame Pogba, McGuire, Sancho, etc for taking fat wages.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

sassassin posted:

Like many of the world's "best" players Pogba needs 20 games a season against pub teams to pad his stats and give him the time and space on the ball to do tricks and line up bangers.

this. pogba has just been alright in big games over quite a long stretch of many, many big games. lets not forget he cost france the euros this summer giving the ball away in the 90th minute. in a game in which he even scored a banger!!

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
i dont remember him standing out in 2018 at all either. kante, matuidi, and mbappe did though.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

He
Done
A
dab

PlayStation baby!!!!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
he has his own emoji how can he not be a superstar?? :confused:

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

EC10 posted:

i dont remember him standing out in 2018 at all either. kante, matuidi, and mbappe did though.

Lol what

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

EC10 posted:

He played well in 2018 but then so did the whole team so maybe that's why you don't see him standing out.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I vaguely recall Pogba having a good tournament in 2018 but since when has international football been a solid barometer of top level player quality?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

EC10 posted:

It's amazing how you keep setting the bar for bad takes on this forum.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Wenger… in? :newlol:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Deal reached with Rangnick to come to United, according to the Athletic.

edit:

quote:

Exclusive: Manchester United reach agreement with Ralf Rangnick to become interim manager
By Laurie Whitwell and David Ornstein

25 November 2021Updated 15:16 GMT

Manchester United reach agreement with Ralf Rangnick to become interim manager.
Ralf Rangnick has reached an agreement with Manchester United to become their interim manager.

The 63-year-old, who is seen as the ‘godfather’ of modern coaching in Germany, is leaving his job as head of sports and development at Lokomotiv Moscow to take up the role.

The Athletic understands the agreement is subject to Rangnick’s current club, Lokomotiv, agreeing to release him from his contract, although Manchester United do not anticipate this to be a problem.

Rangnick has agreed a six-month deal until the end of May. He will have a further two years in a consultancy role.

Work permit reasons mean he will not be in charge in time for the weekend’s game at Chelsea.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was dismissed as United manager on Sunday morning after their 4-1 defeat to Watford. The result left them eighth in the Premier League.

United made it clear that they would look to hire an interim manager until the end of the season and they quickly moved for Rangnick, who has previously managed Hannover, Schalke, Hoffenheim and RB Leipzig.

He also took little-known German side Ulm to the Bundesliga for the first time in their history at the start of this century.

Rangnick has also had significant success as a director of football. He held that role for both Red Bull Salzburg and RB Leipzig from 2012 onwards, while having brief stints as manager at Leipzig.

After Rangnick took that role, Leipzig rose from the regional league — the fourth tier — to the Bundesliga.

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Nov 25, 2021

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-rams-st-louis-reach-700-million-settlement-in-relocation-suit-161637847.html

kroenke owes st louis missouri nearly a billion dollars.

surely this bodes well for arsenal

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

bewbies posted:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-rams-st-louis-reach-700-million-settlement-in-relocation-suit-161637847.html

kroenke owes st louis missouri nearly a billion dollars.

surely this bodes well for arsenal

This is why they're getting Wenger in. No transfers for anyone

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mickolution posted:

Deal reached with Rangnick to come to United, according to the Athletic.

What the gently caress? How? He's a control freak who demands more control of his club than any other person in the world, how the everliving gently caress did the Glazers agree to that?

loving amazing if true.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
SSN saying he's "close" to agreeing a 6 month deal. Looks like they just have to come to an agreement with Lokomotiv to get him out of his contract. Would be hilarious and typical of United if they hosed that bit up.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
6 month deal with no expectations plus a two year consultancy, the definition of a Lovely Old Job

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

TheRat posted:

What the gently caress? How? He's a control freak who demands more control of his club than any other person in the world, how the everliving gently caress did the Glazers agree to that?

loving amazing if true.

He’s one of these advanced stats crazies that makes the numbers good and it appears that comes with results in some cases. They don’t give a gently caress about the players or the team but he’s the kind of guy that makes the club money, that’s why.

Milan was after him and apparently this was largely due to Gazidis if that tells you anything. From what I could tell he is what everyone likes to pretend Wenger is, but without the trophies.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Man U could do with someone who picks the team based on advanced stats rather than whatever random methodology Ole used

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

the sex ghost posted:

6 month deal with no expectations plus a two year consultancy, the definition of a Lovely Old Job

The man has hit the professional jackpot, and I, for one, am happy for him.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

EC10 posted:

yeah, he just has the one goal in a world cup final

a garbageman; a fraud; stealing a living

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The best thing Pogba ever did was score a banger of a goal to put France 3-1 up vs Switzerland, go through about 5 separate goal celebration routines and then going on to make the error that gave the Swiss the chance to equalize in injury time. Also then losing on penalties

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mickolution posted:

Would be hilarious and typical of United if they hosed that bit up.

Oh please let it be so

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Pogba was by far the motm in a World Cup final featuring an shitload of world class talent (ignore that the official fifa award went to Griezman, which was a travesty)

He was also fabulous in every knock out stage game, I think he had one group stage game where he was off a bit.

He will be fine once he gets out of Man United’s awful clutches. Imagine being a midfielder like him and going from the ashes of van Gaal to Mouinho to loving Ole lmao

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
i've always been a huge fan of Rangnick, ever since I first heard of him a week ago

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/jonathandveal83/status/1463964624018096132

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

the sex ghost posted:

Mad that a player named after the thing that he is could be so bad. Can't wait for Leeds to sign eastern European sensation Gary Sztryka

Danny Drinkwater does look rather thirsty, come to think of it.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

hey gigi

what's italian for "it's"

also "lads"

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
conte looking at the spurs squad in training

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

FullLeatherJacket posted:

hey gigi

what's italian for "it's"

also "lads"

Ragà, è Tottenham

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

Ragà, è Tottenham

:discourse:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

lol

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Pogba was by far the motm in a World Cup final featuring an shitload of world class talent (ignore that the official fifa award went to Griezman, which was a travesty)

He was also fabulous in every knock out stage game, I think he had one group stage game where he was off a bit.

He will be fine once he gets out of Man United’s awful clutches. Imagine being a midfielder like him and going from the ashes of van Gaal to Mouinho to loving Ole lmao

Easy, let’s ignore that he should’ve gotten a straight red in 2/3 of the group games in 2018.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

If we’re marking down Pogba for red cards he didn’t get, we should also celebrate Danny Welbeck for goals he didn’t score

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Vegetable posted:

we should also celebrate Danny Welbeck for goals he didn’t score

That’s a lot of celebrating

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

It's nice that everyone who supports united, and everyone who wants them to lose, is glad that they signed Pogba for £90m and are going to let him go for free (again). Just a lovely situation of people who would normally be at odds agreeing about something for once.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Every United fan knows they can't have #pogback unless he #pogoes again.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Strawman posted:

It's nice that everyone who supports united, and everyone who wants them to lose, is glad that they signed Pogba for £90m and are going to let him go for free (again). Just a lovely situation of people who would normally be at odds agreeing about something for once.

It’s insanely funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

PogBoom? More like PogBust!