Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

whydirt posted:

I don’t say this lightly, but anti-vaxxers might be worse than people who play with lands in front

Let’s not say things we can’t take back…

…But you’re right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
A public declaration of covid is because they know they can't actually contact everyone they interacted with.
And it should come equity a public declaration of vac status because even with covid getting vaccinated reduces your chance of spread.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

There's also the chance that he's just lying about being vaccinated because lots of anti-vax folks quietly think that they can't get COVID if everyone around them is vaccinated.

Either way he can get hosed.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Comparing it to "lands in front" is wrong. It's closer to "hiding dryad FTV dryad arbor in a pile of avacyn restored forests" imo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Heh, this is cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43FRQv_2ID8&hd=1

Since I was out of mtg for over 20 years, I didn't realize how many keywords there were in the interim.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Heh, this is cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43FRQv_2ID8&hd=1

Since I was out of mtg for over 20 years, I didn't realize how many keywords there were in the interim.

Iirc future sight alone accounts for a frankly absurd number of them, like almost half?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

mandatory lesbian posted:

Iirc future sight alone accounts for a frankly absurd number of them, like almost half?

Unless I missed some there's about 15 new keywords in Future Sight, and that includes abilities that already existed but didn't have names like Reach and Shroud. Compare that to Tarkir block that had 11 new mechanics.

Future Sight had a lot (A LOT) more mechanics that already existed, but I wouldn't consider Future Sight "accounting" for those.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

GonSmithe posted:

https://twitter.com/redneckwins/status/1463208636260524042?s=21
Something a definitely vaxxed person says when asked if they’re vaxxed

Lmao he turned off replies

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

flatluigi posted:

holy poo poo are we really at the point of 'people only care about covid to score points on the internet'

Demanding someone’s Covid status on Twitter to a complete stranger is 100% trying to score internet points, what are you going on about? Vaxxed people are going to get Covid from now until forever and it’s something people are going to have to get used to.

And before people try to project some dumb anti-vax agenda onto this post, I’ve been vaxxed since March and think everyone should get vaxxed and also think anyone that went to Vegas was extremely dumb, vaxxed for not.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

Otoh shame each and every anti-vaxx loser from now until the end of time.

Does anyone have a list of 2022 sets and release windows?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Some real 'tedious C-SPAM leftist' energy going on in this thread rn

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Darkoni posted:

Otoh shame each and every anti-vaxx loser from now until the end of time.

Does anyone have a list of 2022 sets and release windows?

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/pbi55j/wanted_to_better_visualize_all_the_2022_release/

Plus 50 secret lairs.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Did wotc manage to hit 52 secret lairs this year

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

Ty. Can't wait for old timey dominaria bullshit.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

TheKingofSprings posted:

Some real 'tedious C-SPAM leftist' energy going on in this thread rn

Lol if you want to compromise with the Cabal just so you can have Dominaria "United" just gently caress off

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 25, 2021

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The only people who have some right to know someone's vaccinated status are the ones who have interacted with them (ie a restaurant has a right, because you're about to drag your potentially plague ridden rear end in there) or are related to them in so way (friends, family, coworkers, etc). This way you can make informed decisions on how you continue to interact with this person (ie going to a convention).

You don't have to give your vaccinated status to random internet strangers much like if you were a gay man you wouldn't have to respond to strangers demanding to know if you're on PrEP. You don't owe them poo poo, they're never going to be at risk from what you may or may not have and if they do actually end up in a public space with you at some point the organization is the one doing the checking for public safety, not some dude who is in it just to shame you on the internet.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
[quote="Lone Goat" post="519516935"]
Unless I missed some there's about 15 new keywords in Future Sight, and that includes abilities that already existed but didn't have names like Reach and Shroud. Compare that to Tarkir block that had 11 new mechanics.

Future Sight had a lot (A LOT) more mechanics that already existed, but I wouldn't consider Future Sight "accounting" for those.

Dang, really? I guess it was just more then normal then, my b

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Im too drunk to correct that post, apologies to lone goat

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Im too drunk to correct that post, apologies to lone goat

Good for you!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Eej posted:

The only people who have some right to know someone's vaccinated status are the ones who have interacted with them (ie a restaurant has a right, because you're about to drag your potentially plague ridden rear end in there) or are related to them in so way (friends, family, coworkers, etc). This way you can make informed decisions on how you continue to interact with this person (ie going to a convention).

You don't have to give your vaccinated status to random internet strangers much like if you were a gay man you wouldn't have to respond to strangers demanding to know if you're on PrEP. You don't owe them poo poo, they're never going to be at risk from what you may or may not have and if they do actually end up in a public space with you at some point the organization is the one doing the checking for public safety, not some dude who is in it just to shame you on the internet.

In this case there’s definitely a duty of care on the Vegas idiot’s part to publicly identify his status because yes, he exposed a whole large group of people and has no way of telling all of them specifically. The exception would be if the TO reached out to get his status and tell everyone, otherwise yes, people do need to know “hey, there was someone contagious at the GP, please get tested and self-isolate if you have symptoms.”

Again, this might be an American style thing but up here there’s tons of news articles and press releases that are like “someone at Starbucks on Jace and Vraska Avenue had COVID, if you were there on Thursday please watch out” and that absolutely applies in this case.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Eej posted:

Jesus loving christ, can you not compare being gay to being vaxxed the gently caress is wrong with you

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I am beginning to hate every straight person in this thread i swear to god you all loving suck

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Arivia posted:

In this case there’s definitely a duty of care on the Vegas idiot’s part to publicly identify his status because yes, he exposed a whole large group of people and has no way of telling all of them specifically. The exception would be if the TO reached out to get his status and tell everyone, otherwise yes, people do need to know “hey, there was someone contagious at the GP, please get tested and self-isolate if you have symptoms.”

Again, this might be an American style thing but up here there’s tons of news articles and press releases that are like “someone at Starbucks on Jace and Vraska Avenue had COVID, if you were there on Thursday please watch out” and that absolutely applies in this case.

Well it seems like the organizing body did their bare minimum (vaccine or negative test) and now this dude is left with doing contact tracing on his own.

Jesus loving christ, can you not compare being gay to being vaxxed the gently caress is wrong with you

I didn't say this but ok

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

We used to talk about Magic in this Magic thread.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Eej posted:

I didn't say this but ok

You kind of did, and you really shouldn't have.

Like, I'd believe that maybe you didn't mean that to come out the way it sounded, but it did. Please find less potentially offensive comparisons for your future posts.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I frequent the politics forums and this thread is, somehow, regularly worse than any of them. The kind of personalities this game attracts are quite something.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Corbeau posted:

I frequent the politics forums and this thread is, somehow, regularly worse than any of them. The kind of personalities this game attracts are quite something.

True, but it's important that all these bullshit arguments are held here instead of in a separate thread because

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
So, on the one hand someone's covid status could be sort of relevant to all trad games since they're an inherently social hobby (stuff like Arena notwithstanding).

On the other hand I'm the only mod here and I want to go to bed. Please knock off the covid chat for the next 8-10 hours or so before this goes even further downhill.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

potatocubed posted:

So, on the one hand someone's covid status could be sort of relevant to all trad games since they're an inherently social hobby (stuff like Arena notwithstanding).

On the other hand I'm the only mod here and I want to go to bed. Please knock off the covid chat for the next 8-10 hours or so before this goes even further downhill.

How about instead of 8-10 hours, we do forever? At least in the Magic: The Gathering thread?

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

fadam posted:

How about instead of 8-10 hours, we do forever? At least in the Magic: The Gathering thread?

I'll sleep on it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

potatocubed posted:

Yeah go to bed and ignore people being ignorant shits, god youre worthless

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

For actual Magic discussion: that memey Cultivator Colossus card is apparently ownage in Amulet. I saw it on a Stream today and it wasn’t that impressive but I think the guy didn’t have a good hand. I wonder if Hullbreaker will find a spot in Modern somewhere?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Yeah go to bed and ignore people being ignorant shits, god youre worthless

gosh, what do they even pay them for? Jeez.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

fadam posted:

For actual Magic discussion: that memey Cultivator Colossus card is apparently ownage in Amulet. I saw it on a Stream today and it wasn’t that impressive but I think the guy didn’t have a good hand. I wonder if Hullbreaker will find a spot in Modern somewhere?

I doubt it, hullbreaker is 7 mana and doesn’t even give you any immediate value. Cultivator colossus gives you a ton of value on ETB

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Thing about cultivator colossus I didn't realize is that it's ability is uninterruptible, there's no stack for its etb effect, you just plop down lands and draw until done and nothing can interrupt that once it starts.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Hullbreaker takes forever to get to and I feel like there's a hundred stronger plays you can do with 7 mana in Modern.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I might just be high on it because I’m loving it in Historic, but it might be the best 7 CMC guy in the format imo. I don’t see how the current UW list ever beats one. Not sure where it slots in, but I’m gonna be a homer for it.

fadam fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 26, 2021

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

fadam posted:

I might just be high on it because I’m loving it in Historic, but it might be the best 7 CMC guy in the format imo. I don’t see how the current UW list ever beats one. Not sure where it slots in, but I’m gonna be a homer for it.

Path to exile?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

Path to exile?

True, but I’ve seen a really big down swing in decks running it since Ending released, and you can semi-deal with it with this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

fadam posted:

True, but I’ve seen a really big down swing in decks running it since Ending released, and you can semi-deal with it with this guy.

Ok, how about free swords to plowshares then