Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

These are great, but missing what I would call a climate controlled interior. I would also be completely unable to leave this city, and commuting to work on a bike would be suicide. I also have a problem with e-bikes on a fundamental level. It's a bike, you don't need electricity to run it, just get your exercise in. Now, if we replaced a bunch of courier vans and stuff with those, I'd be down with that.

And gently caress Missouri.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

A Bad Poster posted:

These are great, but missing what I would call a climate controlled interior. I would also be completely unable to leave this city, and commuting to work on a bike would be suicide. I also have a problem with e-bikes on a fundamental level. It's a bike, you don't need electricity to run it, just get your exercise in. Now, if we replaced a bunch of courier vans and stuff with those, I'd be down with that.

And gently caress Missouri.

I bike commuted in Boston for 5-6 years. I did tons of long distance cycling before and during that as well for fun/exercise.

An electric bike would be great if I worked in an office etc. Biking is way faster than local transit in many situations but much of the year gets you sweaty / necessitates having to shower at work or bring an extra set of clothes etc. An electric bike gets rid of a lot of that. If they were a little cheaper I could start commuting in on one now even in my more rural commute setting I have these days.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

That Works posted:

Good news for that dude but gently caress I have been alive for only maybe 3 months longer than he was in prison.

Here's a recent one that blew my mind. When this guy entered prison, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the March on Selma hadn't happened yet.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/article_8b7188a8-47b5-11ec-ac41-6befdfb0d59c.html

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bored As gently caress posted:

gently caress Missouri.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoWc6WRHKEE

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Loucks posted:

Nuance is hard apparently. I'll break it down for you.

Kindly stop with this bullshit.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bored As gently caress posted:

There's literally no amount of money that can make up for the injustice this poor man suffered. But the fact that he's not getting a multi million dollar settlement is loving horse poo poo.

gently caress Missouri.

I sometimes think that in cases like this the wrongly-imprisoned person should be given the opportunity to commit one crime consistent with the amount of time they served behind bars without any legal liabilities. I'm only kind of joking about this.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That makes sense, if he wants to fly for a career. Small planes are the price of lightly used car. I'm just remembering years ago when companies like Spirit were paying pilots like, $14/hr to do regional hops, and the big companies weren't much better.

Nah, the military seems more than happy to be a part of the pickup truck/suv crowd. At least they're not buying Teslas, I'm kinda surprised Elon hasn't stooped to the level of pandering to troops.

He doesn't need to, they can barely keep up with demand. But Teslas are definitely popular at my base.

Fallom posted:

My dad tossed me under the glass hatch of his vette when I was a kid

If you can fit a golf bag you can fit a kid

The previous owner of my C2 remembers as a child being stuffed behind the seats. It's a convertible...there's no trunk, and she had to fit within the top if it was down.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I can hold the statements "Elon Musk is a terrible human being" and "I've driven a Model S for eight years and it's the best car I've ever owned" with zero conflict between them.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

McNally posted:

Kindly stop with this bullshit.

Yeah, that sucked. Sorry. I find it frustrating that half the time when you disagree with someone they make some bizarre logical leap instead of reading the words in the post.

I’ll be less of an rear end in a top hat when that happens though.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

This is very bad :(

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-59406632

Migrant boat sank, 31 dead so far

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

This is very bad :(

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-59406632

Migrant boat sank, 31 dead so far

I don't quite understand how there's migrant boats between France and England, straight up ignorance on my part. Also, post-Brexit, who wants to go to England?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

BaconAndBullets posted:

I don't quite understand how there's migrant boats between France and England, straight up ignorance on my part. Also, post-Brexit, who wants to go to England?

There are a large number of migrant camps in northern France. It is difficult to enter England via Chunnel without approval. If a migrant can reach England via boat they may be able to stay.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
England's also in dire need of cheap labor at the moment, too - if they can drive trucks they can probably write their own tickets.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
My guess would be SEALs being dumb as gently caress again

https://twitter.com/mikenelson586/status/1463577850234159113?t=CCqX5gucn0UfF-eVWc7Qsw&s=19

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Eh. CAG wasn’t even trying to hide it when I went to Mali for the first time a few years ago.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1463631320425377802?s=20

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Cult preacher 101.

The outsider is trying to do thing X! (where the value for X is a naturally occurring negative event) Be on your guard, stay faithful! If it happens I have unique special insight follow me. If it doesn't your actions stopped it because of my unique special insight follow me.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
All we're missing is some good ol' speaking in tongues.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Director of the DIA.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Stultus Maximus posted:

Director of the DIA.

Had the exact same reaction

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Alright, for arguments sake let's say it's true global elites unleashed covid.

To what end? They're already in control of every thing from entertainment to food distribution. Wouldn't disrupting the status quo by killing a bunch of people and loving up globalized economy's be bad for them? Why did Trump and a bunch of other us politicians get covid?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
You put more thought in to it than most conspiracy mongers and that's problem number one

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Stultus Maximus posted:

Director of the DIA.

Don't loving remind me. :cripes:

I would contend that he was worse as National Security Advisor as it was *after* he'd begun this descent into overt insanity.

DurosKlav posted:

Doesnt his brother also hold a very high command position?

Yes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_A._Flynn

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 25, 2021

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Doesnt his brother also hold a very high command position?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Stultus Maximus posted:

Director of the DIA.

The thing about q that gets me most is it's literally fan fiction about how the deep state is good and did a coup (which is good), but all the fans insist they hate the deep state. I thought the whole point of politics in the past few years is at least people could be honest about what they wanted, but no. Even the 'deep state coups are good' q people won't just openly say their beliefs and allegiances.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
They're still waiting on Q to tell them what to believe.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

They're still waiting on Q to tell them what to believe.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Flynn is almost certainly being paid to make those statements right? I'd be surprised if he actually believed any of them. Though maybe he is that stupid :shrug:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Grip it and rip it posted:

Flynn is almost certainly being paid to make those statements right? I'd be surprised if he actually believed any of them. Though maybe he is that stupid :shrug:

nice try globalist instigator I'll NEVER doubt BRAVE GENERAL FLYNN as he leads the DIGITAL WARRIORS

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The B.1.1.529 situation is unfolding rapidly, in part because a quirk of the variant’s genetics and PCR testing allow South African health authorities to reanalyze recent test data and find many more cases.

https://twitter.com/miamalan/status/1463846528578109444

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

maffew buildings posted:

nice try globalist instigator I'll NEVER doubt BRAVE GENERAL FLYNN as he leads the DIGITAL WARRIORS

Yeah its wild that an ex- general would engage in this kind of open manipulation of his own country's media and politics, but Flynn has been a pretty slimy monster since jump, it seems.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Has he always done the anti-semitism bit or is that new

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fallom posted:

Has he always done the anti-semitism bit or is that new

That might be new. IIRC didn't Shim work for him at some point? I seem to recall saying he liked him and that he wasn't nuts then.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

BaconAndBullets posted:

They may have family/friends here already. They may have better English language skills than other European languages. They have probably been promised that it’s an easy life here and their family will be able to stop together. They’ve been ruthlessly exploited by people trafficking gangs.

They almost certainly don’t understand that half of the donkeys here voted to leave the EU to keep people like them away, or what that means. Poor bastards.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

The refugee situation around the EU borders has been grim as poo poo for a while now. What just happened in the English Channel has been going on in the Mediterranean for years, tons of people from places like Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria trying to get to southern Europe by any means possible and crossing from northern Africa in anything that floats. Human trafficking gangs take everything they own for payment. It's a level of desperation-induced bravery that I'm very thankful for not having experienced (yet).

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Also, apparently if they make it to UK soil they've got additional protections and avenues to apply for refugee status, similar to the situation in Australia. One possibility is the UK turning to Albania to serve as their Nauru.

The Economist posted:

Those migrants who make it to Britain’s shores have the right to seek asylum. As an EU member Britain could invoke the Dublin Convention, a deal struck in 2013 that requires claims to be made in the EU country of first arrival. In fact, returning those who moved on proved difficult. But in any case, Britain is no longer covered.

Many of the migrants who crossed the Channel this year are likely to qualify for asylum. According to the Refugee Council, a charity, arrivals by boat tend to originate in countries with high approval rates. Between January 2020 and May 2021, Iranians were the biggest group. Their approval rate before appeal is 67%, compared with 52% for all nationalities. For Syrians, the fourth-biggest group, it is 88%.

Ms Patel has considered using Britain’s border force to push boats back into French waters. But that may be illegal under maritime law. Another idea is to hold asylum-seekers offshore while their claims are processed. The Home Office says that it is in talks with Albania’s government—a claim its prime minister has denied.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Mad fun indeed

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

TheWeedNumber posted:

Mad fun indeed

Gonna set up a GIP boxing tournament and use the bouncy dick castle as the ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I sometimes think that in cases like this the wrongly-imprisoned person should be given the opportunity to commit one crime consistent with the amount of time they served behind bars without any legal liabilities. I'm only kind of joking about this.

Remotely pilot a 747 into CPAC22 would be a good choice.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)