Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Sunk Dunk posted:

Hey gang. Quick question. I picked up some weed from...uhhh...my weed shop. It was just hand trimmed and not processed like normal buds I get. Do I just gently remove all the leaves before I grind this up? It seems like when I'm trying to do it I'm losing a lot of good rear end WEED in the process.

Thanks in advance,
a dumbass idiot

That was not hand trimmed. That was just pulled off the stem and tossed in a bag. But yes, just pull the leaves off. I'd almost bet those buds are damp too. If you don't mind the harsher taste, you can smoke the leaves.

Sorry bud, it appears you have been screwed.

E: is your shop run by an old hippie type? In my experience, that's who has given me the leafiest weed before I lived in a place with dispensaries on every 3rd corner.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I've smoked so many leaves from poorly trimmed bud and at worst it'll take away some from the flavor, you're totally fine to just grind it all

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That was not hand trimmed. That was just pulled off the stem and tossed in a bag. But yes, just pull the leaves off. I'd almost bet those buds are damp too. If you don't mind the harsher taste, you can smoke the leaves.

Sorry bud, it appears you have been screwed.

E: is your shop run by an old hippie type? In my experience, that's who has given me the leafiest weed before I lived in a place with dispensaries on every 3rd corner.

sorry i meant my dumbass buddy grew plants and just threw some poo poo in a bag

e: im going to become a professional trimmer

Sunk Dunk fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 23, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh yeah, that's different. The obfuscation of source always trips me up, but weed from a buddy, yeah, totally fine, you're saving him labor.

Grind everything but the stem.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
From this pic I'd only excude the lighter green bit on the top right but it's gonna taste like leaf no matter what. Maybe I'm not picky.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

I am mixing a potent edible, some pineapple express vape cartridge, and a late night bagel.

Also whoever recommended die cast racing on youtube, oh man. I am couch locked and captivated while watching that channel. Replace real car racing with this, imo

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Local dispensaries are coming out with their "Green Wednesday" deals and I'm not terribly excited by what I've seen so far. I just wanna get some real nice live resin carts for turkey day, I plan on going to outer space

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Yeah event deals around here are generally dumb, I just get to my normal dispensary before 10 when I can for their daily discount

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

is your shop run by an old hippie type? In my experience, that's who has given me the leafiest weed before I lived in a place with dispensaries on every 3rd corner.

bud with all the sugar leaves still on is called hippie trim around here

when I was poor I used to buy ounces of sugar leaf trim for like $50 and just smoke that. a blunt full of straight frosty sugar leaves is still much better than what we were smoking 20 years ago

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if it has trichs on it it's ok in my book. that's how i trim my own weed anyways, i'm lazy and it takes a while no matter what you do

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

speaking of trichs, I've harvested and dried my quad grapes

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I think I already mentioned it here but I picked up another sativa cartridge of Gas Station Sushi and it's been really really good.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

poverty goat posted:

speaking of trichs, I've harvested and dried my quad grapes

looking good! I'm so envious of people who can legally grow, both from an economics and hobbyist perspective.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Video Nasty posted:

I think I already mentioned it here but I picked up another sativa cartridge of Gas Station Sushi and it's been really really good.

Homie of mine and I smoked good this weekend with this stuff

11/10 name, 10/10 weed

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The dispensary had 2 for $15 200mg edibles and well let's just say I have like a lot of edibles now

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

bagmonkey posted:

The dispensary had 2 for $15 200mg edibles and well let's just say I have like a lot of edibles now

holy poo poo nice

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
I upgraded my torch for a coil and added a spin cap and a lil bead and drat I thought I was good at getting high before but I've been missing out.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I brought a cart with me to my mom's house so I could sneak away from the Thanksgiving festivities every so often and take a pull

Making small talk with my family has never been so bearable!

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I brought a cart with me to my mom's house so I could sneak away from the Thanksgiving festivities every so often and take a pull

Making small talk with my family has never been so bearable!

We decided to forego (forewent?) the family trip this year and headed for a long weekend near a beach. Not groundbreaking news, but goddamn does a nice easy stone go great with an afternoon lazing in the sun with the sound of waves crashing in background.

Happy loving ThanksDanksgiving!!!

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 25, 2021

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

The Modern Leper posted:

Happy loving ThanksDanksgiving!!!

Danksgiving loving rules. My mother made a "small" dinner of a turkey. Gravy, stuffing. Mashed potatoes, sliced and baked sweet potatoes, green beans, green chile, homemade bread and a pumpkin pecan pie. I don't say this to gloat, moreso that it was just for my parents, myself and my wife. We talked poo poo about the rest of the family and talked about edibles because my parents are old hippies. I was on a pineapple express cart before I got there and it was a super low stress time. I generally really loving hate Thanksgiving. This year's was great. Now it's not even 7 and I'm gonna smoke a preroll and take a bath with a good book and some tunes.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
If I have AVB what’s the best way to convert that into brownies? Make oil? Make butter? Just blend it into the wet ingredients?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

GigaPeon posted:

If I have AVB what’s the best way to convert that into brownies? Make oil? Make butter? Just blend it into the wet ingredients?

Make butter with it if you're willing to go through the hassle. It will be worth it!

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

explosivo posted:

Make butter with it if you're willing to go through the hassle. It will be worth it!

I have a sous vide thing. I’d probably put the butter in a mason jar in a water bath and put the avb in some cheese cloth and soak that for a while.

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin
Completely off topic.

If you want to while away the hours creating nightmarish soundscapes, this app is a boon:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.rocks.grainstorm

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Thanksgiving is great. Just get high af and listen to little kids endless nowhere stories like :hmmyes:

pumpkin pie is great.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I made a Dynavap cigar stem/case/integrated decapper.

It's a little rough but works just fine.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

GigaPeon posted:

I have a sous vide thing. I’d probably put the butter in a mason jar in a water bath and put the avb in some cheese cloth and soak that for a while.

you should wash the avb with water until it's mostly clear, it will taste much better when you butterfy it later

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Sedgr posted:

holy poo poo that is very good and I would pay irresponsible money for a polished version of that with different types of wood

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

holy poo poo that is very good and I would pay irresponsible money for a polished version of that with different types of wood

Big agreed. The wooden cap grabber is genius

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

GigaPeon posted:

i just add it to the wet ingredients, or if i'm lazy but want an edible high, i just put some on a pb&j or something. i don't really notice the taste much tbh :shrug:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

SwissDonkey posted:

Big agreed. The wooden cap grabber is genius

sedgr you set up a kickstarter and I will donate to it i am not kidding super ultra toxx my rear end

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I'm not sure it's to the point of kickstarting but Im going to make a few more and work out the gremlins.

Too :420: tonight though. Happy Thanksgiving.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Sedgr posted:

I'm not sure it's to the point of kickstarting but Im going to make a few more and work out the gremlins.

Too :420: tonight though. Happy Thanksgiving.

right back at you friend!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Sedgr posted:

This is amazing.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sedgr posted:

This actually makes sense to me and looks loving cool dude, I'm sure you'll let us know once they are available. Nice work!!!!!

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

That's really good, is the working end cone-shaped enough that it rolls in a circle instead of off edges?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Yeah I'd buy a couple rosewood ones for gifts. That's sick.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

This one rolls pretty straight. The other prototypes I made weren't this round. This is v3 technically.

First version didn't have any way to attach the cap, was just friction fit, worked but was kind of annoying.
V2 had a magnetic cap, seemed alright but the magnets are weakened enough by the heat that it doesn't seem worth it.

I explained a bit about the current version in the tcc vape thread. The "stem" half has stainless chain in it to act as a condenser and induce turbulence. Tried glass boiling beads as well, they work fine too.

Personally I like the color of the paduk one in the middle. Walnut is fine but I kind of want to leave the wood mostly raw for now so the color isnt the best.

The thing I'd really like to change is the metal parts to be honest. These are just faucet fittings from the hardware store and they are chromed brass from what I can tell. Not the worst, its not like I'm torching it and breathing through the chrome, but I'd rather find some that are pure stainless. Having a weirdly difficult time tracking that down.

I'll let people know as I work things out. I just thought it was neat and wanted to show it to people. Didn't really have a plan beyond that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

You magnificent fuckers. I've now just ordered a dynavap kit because I'm so drat curious. This is y'alls fault