Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Well well. Look who’s decided he’s going to become a Coiner

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1464003370352582656

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

People bring him up like every other day, what threads have you been reading?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Dabir posted:

People bring him up like every other day, what threads have you been reading?

This thread and Balldo.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The Balldo is intrinsically both more worthwhile and dignified than anything to do with crypto. At least there is an actual product involved.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

smellmycheese posted:

Guess he's holding a pretty big bag now. Gotta prime the next pyramid tier of holders.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/UnstoppableCoda/status/1464138333286768640

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

So uhhhh did anyone buy it from him for 500k? Because lol at spending your kids’ college fund on a jpg of a monkey. At least with Bitcoin you can buy weed.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

No not yet. Someone buying it from him for $500k is his investment plan. All these super rich people just waiting to buy NFTs for way more than they cost now!!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Sammus posted:

So uhhhh did anyone buy it from him for 500k? Because lol at spending your kids’ college fund on a jpg of a monkey. At least with Bitcoin you can buy weed.

Where are you sending your kid to college?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Jose Valasquez posted:

March 14:

Current price: $58k

Great investment you've got there

but imagine how good an investment it would be if you magically knew how to buy at every valley and sell at every peak

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Salt Fish posted:

Where are you sending your kid to college?

Any state school in ~10 years

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

gently caress SNEEP posted:

No not yet. Someone buying it from him for $500k is his investment plan. All these super rich people just waiting to buy NFTs for way more than they cost now!!

500 K$ sounds like a beta cuck incel ROI, a true alpha chad says 99999999999.....9999999$. maybe even throw in some up arrows and infinity symbols there.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Never forget, the only people telling you to always hodl are the ones wanting to cash out.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Always hold (my bitcoins for me once the market tanks)

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

jokes posted:

Always hold (my bitcoins for me once the market tanks)

I'll gladly take the bitcoins off your hand. They're gonna be worth $100,000 each by the end of the year.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

salt shakeup posted:

I'll gladly take the bitcoins off your hand. They're gonna be worth $100,000 each by the end of the year.

in a little over 30 days, the value of bitcoin on the market is going to double (roughly)?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Maybe we can add calendars to the blockchain………………..

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

PhazonLink posted:

500 K$ sounds like a beta cuck incel ROI, a true alpha chad says 99999999999.....9999999$. maybe even throw in some up arrows and infinity symbols there.

Only no-coiners think Bitcoin is limited to Graham's number. Real coiners know it's going to at least TREE(3).

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I think it’s stupid that these loving idiots are sitting there totally happy with a 100% return by end of year

An 800% return, though? Now we’re talking

drk
Jan 16, 2005

salt shakeup posted:

will you stop posting if they aren't

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/patio11/status/1464344719568297984
https://twitter.com/patio11/status/1464345225267068929

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

salt shakeup posted:

You remind me of an old wives tale about turkeys being so stupid that they'll drown if they look up when it's raining.

Given your apparent intelligence compared to that of a turkey, how the gently caress are you still alive?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I haven't read all 1203 pages of this thread, so we have actual true believers here? Crypto versions of Hostile Apostle?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

They show up every once in a while, mostly when number go up.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

I haven't read all 1203 pages of this thread, so we have actual true believers here? Crypto versions of Hostile Apostle?

ultrafilter posted:

They show up every once in a while, mostly when number go up.

And a significant number of them are just Seraph reregs.

GhostTTY and salt shakeup are the other two believers who show up with some frequency. The former at least has a sense of humor, but the latter is at a Poe's Law level of idiocy where it's difficult to really say if they are actually a cryptocultist or just doing low-effort trolling (intentionally or unintentionally).

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

#Rightclickvictim

I can't even.

I was stupid enough to read more of the thread. End of poverty. Solving climate change.

I want that minute of my life back.

Pikehead fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 27, 2021

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

If we could only put the children on the blockchain the courts can’t take custody away from me!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The former at least has a sense of humor, but the latter is at a Poe's Law level of idiocy where it's difficult to really say if they are actually a cryptocultist or just doing low-effort trolling (intentionally or unintentionally).

Pretty much teh same thing going on with Twitter as well, because the trolls can be indistinguishable from the true believers. Since the base state requires absurd mental gymnastics that lots of people apparently are perfectly capable of.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Didn’t someone say that account used to post anti Bitcoin stuff? If so it’s just a buttcoin long lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
That account is definitely fake imo

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Salt Fish posted:

A cryptobro having a wife and children does beggar the imagination, now that you mention it.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

smellmycheese posted:

Enabling genuine privacy by having ever transaction ever made on a publicly available ledger

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Glenn greenwald wants his dumbshit words to live on the blockchain forever

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-59373968

quote:

Lord of the Rings creator JRR Tolkien's estate has successfully blocked a crypto-currency called JRR Token.

Lawyers representing the estate said the product, launched in August, infringed the author's trademark.

Websites selling and promoting the crypto-currency, jrrtoken.com and thetokenofpower.com, featured rings, hobbit holes and a wizard like Gandalf.

The US-based developer paid the estate's legal costs, which the lawyers said were "significant".

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Imagine being so dumb to not know that Tolkien’s estate guard his property like loving Smaug

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

Salt Fish posted:

before even getting into "look up the sale history on the lion to see if he actually bought it", his posts right before making this were about being a furry and how crypto is dumb

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Writing up 150 tweets to own NFT buyers is almost as pathetic as buying NFTs. You need exactly one tweet to own them: 'I right clicked and saved your NFT on my computer, and now it's mine'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Paladinus posted:

Writing up 150 tweets to own NFT buyers is almost as pathetic as buying NFTs. You need exactly one tweet to own them: 'I right clicked and saved your NFT on my computer, and now it's mine'.

lol no it isn't

I mean its pretty loving dumb, but spending $150,000 on an NFT compared to writing 150 tweets is still $1000 per tweet.