Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Apparently the Xbox Museum just doesn't work on Firefox. Anyway my most played game is the original Black Ops which is consistent with me playing it so much I got Vietnam War flashbacks. And it says my first achievement is a multiplayer one for Bioshock 2. What happened is I probably played the campaign offline at first so when I got it hooked up to the internet I played a Multiplayer game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010
Is there a way to see how many hours were logged into 360 games? The museum is telling me Fallout 3 was my most played game, and I'm having a very hard time believing that as I put a ridiculous amount of time into Rock Band.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Akuma posted:

Forza Horizon 4 was apparently the first game I played on the Series X, in July 2020... because there wasn't a lot to choose from back then :getin:
Nice devkit.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Akuma posted:

Forza Horizon 4 was apparently the first game I played on the Series X, in July 2020... because there wasn't a lot to choose from back then :getin:

Reporting you to Microsoft for breaking your NDA.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Detective No. 27 posted:

Reporting you to Microsoft for breaking your NDA.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

the rat fandom posted:

Is there a way to see how many hours were logged into 360 games? The museum is telling me Fallout 3 was my most played game, and I'm having a very hard time believing that as I put a ridiculous amount of time into Rock Band.

I’m consistent at least

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
If you download a game on gamepass do you have it until you stop paying for gamepass?

or is it more like netflix where it stops being a thing you have.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

If you download a game on gamepass do you have it until you stop paying for gamepass?

Both, depending on the game. Some games will stay forever, mainly MS’s own stuff and the EA Play games if you have GamePass Ultimate. Other stuff gets cycled in and out. There’s plenty of places to see what’s leaving. Xbox gamepass Twitter posts updates and you can see in the app itself on your Xbox what’s new and what’s leaving. You get a fair bit of warning

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Some games are removed from the service over time. Usually third party titles after like a year or so, but the Forza games are typically removed when their car/music licenses expire. Microsoft typically give a couple of weeks advance notice (both on their official blog and in the Game Pass section of the dashboard) and a store discount for Game Pass subs that want to keep the game.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The main complaint about game pass that I'm hearing, is that games can leave the service. But in practice, at least for me, that's never been an issue. And if it does happen and you still want to play the game, then you get a nice discount on it.

Also, the only people that have this complaint are the ones that don't actually have game pass, it seems. Either way, get game pass, it's the best deal in gaming.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Honestly as odd as it sounds I kind of like the expectation that games will leave. It actually gives me an incentive to beat the games as fast as possible, if it's something I know will be on the service forever I kind of just put it off. There are definitely some games that I've only played because it's starting to come up on the 1 year mark.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
There's also a huge spreadsheet some nerds put together that lists every game on GamePass, when it was added etc. One of the tabs is "Likely Leaving", and shows the third-party games that have been there the longest.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kspw-4paT-eE5-mrCrc4R9tg70lH2ZTFrJOUmOtOytg/

Mind you, it lists Slay the Spire as having been removed, but it still shows as available with GP for me (on PC), and is definitely still playable since I launched it yesterday. Go figure.

John F Bennett posted:

Either way, get game pass, it's the best deal in gaming.

And yeah, absolutely this. I got it ~12 months ago for Crusader Kings 3, and have played a ridiculous number of games for a pretty low price. I've even gotten a couple of free months thanks to ~~Bing Rewards~~

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

webmeister posted:

There's also a huge spreadsheet some nerds put together that lists every game on GamePass, when it was added etc. One of the tabs is "Likely Leaving", and shows the third-party games that have been there the longest.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kspw-4paT-eE5-mrCrc4R9tg70lH2ZTFrJOUmOtOytg/

Mind you, it lists Slay the Spire as having been removed, but it still shows as available with GP for me (on PC), and is definitely still playable since I launched it yesterday. Go figure.
That list certainly isn't completely accurate, no. Tetris Effect is listed as "Likely Leaving" when they tweeted recently about extending their deal.

https://twitter.com/enhance_exp/status/1458555090348900352

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I bought Daddy Nier last night and when I just came to play it it's like "uhhh do you actually own this? Ummm" and the store is acting like I don't own it! But I have a receipt!

I've tried to initiate 2 call backs from an agent because obviously the robot has no idea what to do about this but neither times has anybody called me back.

I remember years ago you could talk to someone in a chat really easily, I accidentally bought some Tron game that was on Games with Gold but I hadn't realised my gold had lapsed so I wanted to give it back and get a refund, spoke to someone immediately and they not only gave me my money back they... let me keep the game and gave me a month of gold?

But now I can't even talk to a human!!

Edit: found a workaround by going through the Microsoft Store phone number and getting transferred to Xbox. But now I've been sitting on the phone with silence for half an hour as the customer service person "checks with the game developer to see if there are any issues with the game." Wtf? Just look at why my entitlements are boned!

Edit2: she hung up on me and the guy I got when I called back said somethings hosed with some BC games where you buy it but the system doesn't assign the ownership properly, and Nier is one of those games, so he's gonna call me back in a few hours... gently caress! I had the day off today - not specifically for that game but that's what I'd decided to do today...

Edit3: the website doesn't think I own but it DOES think I own the DLC which I did NOT buy so maybe when you buy the game it gives you the entitlement to the DLC instead... well, poo poo.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Nov 26, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Akuma posted:

I bought Daddy Nier last night and when I just came to play it it's like "uhhh do you actually own this? Ummm" and the store is acting like I don't own it! But I have a receipt!

I've tried to initiate 2 call backs from an agent because obviously the robot has no idea what to do about this but neither times has anybody called me back.

I remember years ago you could talk to someone in a chat really easily, I accidentally bought some Tron game that was on Games with Gold but I hadn't realised my gold had lapsed so I wanted to give it back and get a refund, spoke to someone immediately and they not only gave me my money back they... let me keep the game and gave me a month of gold?

Edit: found a workaround by going through the Microsoft Store phone number and getting transferred to Xbox. But now I've been sitting on the phone with silence for half an hour as the customer service person "checks with the game developer to see if there are any issues with the game." Wtf? Just look at why my entitlements are boned!

Edit2: she hung up on me and the guy I got when I called back said somethings hosed with some BC games where you buy it but the system doesn't assign the ownership properly, and Nier is one of those games, so he's gonna call me back in a few hours... gently caress! I had the day off today - not specifically for that game but that's what I'd decided to do today...

Sorry, dude, that sucks.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Sorry, dude, that sucks.

They called me back and apparently Nier is just totally hosed and they're working on resolving it but it'll be a few days. Has anyone here actually managed to buy and play it? If so in what region?

I imagine that would be a pretty popular one from the new batch recently.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Akuma posted:

They called me back and apparently Nier is just totally hosed and they're working on resolving it but it'll be a few days. Has anyone here actually managed to buy and play it? If so in what region?

I imagine that would be a pretty popular one from the new batch recently.

I have it on disc so I can't really comment on your issue, but if you get it working let me know if you have other questions about it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Can you get Nier Gestalt on Xbox Series now?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Can you get Nier Gestalt on Xbox Series now?

You can, but its the wrong Nier.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They’re all wrong :hehe:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They’re all wrong :hehe:

I mean, yes, but some are more wrong than others.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bro Nier is Good

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Bro Nier isn’t just good he’s better

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hatty posted:

Bro Nier isn’t just good he’s better

Does Bro Nier better fit the sibling bond theme the game has going? Yes, obviously

Do I give a poo poo? Nope

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The Kins posted:

Some games are removed from the service over time. Usually third party titles after like a year or so, but the Forza games are typically removed when their car/music licenses expire. Microsoft typically give a couple of weeks advance notice (both on their official blog and in the Game Pass section of the dashboard) and a store discount for Game Pass subs that want to keep the game.

I'm wondering how it'll work for people who've bought DLC for a game that gets removed. I'm playing Forza Horizon 5 for free via Game Pass, but enjoy it so much, I bought the premium upgrade. Granted, this is a hypothetical, since I'll very likely no longer care about its existence when it eventually gets removed in 7 years.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

enojy posted:

I'm wondering how it'll work for people who've bought DLC for a game that gets removed. I'm playing Forza Horizon 5 for free via Game Pass, but enjoy it so much, I bought the premium upgrade. Granted, this is a hypothetical, since I'll very likely no longer care about its existence when it eventually gets removed in 7 years.

Last time they removed a Forza from game pass they gave a free copy to everyone who had bought the DLC.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

enojy posted:

Lately they've been giving game codes to people who bought any DLC by the time they publicize that a Forza is about to be removed. So if they keep up that policy, you've already secured yourself a permanent copy of Forza Horizon 5.

e: beaten

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

That's cool as hell! Microsoft stays in the pole position.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I have smartened up on paying for Game Pass monthly and am waiting on my GPU to expire before doing the Gold conversion scheme.

Its really sad about me letting my subscription expire though, now when I load up a Game Pass title it has an extra pop-up telling me I've only got XX more days until I return to the gaming desert. Its found a few other new places in the UI to let me know how Im letting the sub expire, just in case I forgot.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I dunno which Nier is best because I got Replicant on PS4 but so far haven't been able to play the other one :bang:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

They’re both good.
I think Bro Nier is probably a bit better just because the story and mocap were originally done with him in mind. The time skip feels more meaningful when it’s a boy becoming a man as opposed to an old man becoming a slightly older man with an eyepatch.
On the other hand Jamieson Price’s performance really sells Dad Nier.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I was bro nier skeptical but i like him now

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

beggar posted:

I have smartened up on paying for Game Pass monthly and am waiting on my GPU to expire before doing the Gold conversion scheme.

Its really sad about me letting my subscription expire though, now when I load up a Game Pass title it has an extra pop-up telling me I've only got XX more days until I return to the gaming desert. Its found a few other new places in the UI to let me know how Im letting the sub expire, just in case I forgot.

Does that truck still work? My 2.5 years expired a couple months ago and I’ve been month to month since. So if I let my sub expire and load up Xbox gold I can convert still?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Pobrecito posted:

Does that truck still work? My 2.5 years expired a couple months ago and I’ve been month to month since. So if I let my sub expire and load up Xbox gold I can convert still?

Yes.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Akuma posted:

Edit3: the website doesn't think I own but it DOES think I own the DLC which I did NOT buy so maybe when you buy the game it gives you the entitlement to the DLC instead... well, poo poo.

I had something similar happen when I bought Jeopardy!. It kept saying I didn't own it and wouldn't install it. I let the console sit for a couple of hours and did other things. When I came back later it took a minute, but it would admit I owned the game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hey longshot, but does anyone have a pair of Xbox compatible wireless headphones they no longer use that they'd be interested in trading for some PS branded headphones? I've actually got a quite a few pairs. Sony Platinums. TB stealth 600s, 700s...They all also work with PC/Mac/Switch.

or alternately just some they'd want to sell? Just looking for something sort of mid range ote. I don't really care it's a last gen model or whatever. Just want wireless without spending 100+ on yet another pair of headphones.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Barudak posted:

Does Bro Nier better fit the sibling bond theme the game has going? Yes, obviously

Do I give a poo poo? Nope

I honestly like the way he goes from naive teen to dgaf jaded adult at the halfway mark

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

veni veni veni posted:

Hey longshot, but does anyone have a pair of Xbox compatible wireless headphones they no longer use that they'd be interested in trading for some PS branded headphones? I've actually got a quite a few pairs. Sony Platinums. TB stealth 600s, 700s...They all also work with PC/Mac/Switch.

or alternately just some they'd want to sell? Just looking for something sort of mid range ote. I don't really care it's a last gen model or whatever. Just want wireless without spending 100+ on yet another pair of headphones.

Look on ebay for a bricked set of TB 700 Gen2s. (edit: like these --> https://www.ebay.com/itm/284536995162?hash=item423fb9fd5a%3Ag%3AxegAAOSwJixhmYi6&LH_ItemCondition=7000) I have a pair where the plastic on ear piece broke near the headband that I posted about earlier. I tried to fix them but started looking on Ebay for a pair I could harvest parts from and bought a bricked pair of PS 700 Gen2s. Dissassembly wasn't as straight forward as I thought and had to google instructions. All of the the top results were about fixing a bricked pair and within 10 minutes of diving into that rabbit hole I had a working pair of PS headphones but no PS. I've since bought the MS branded headphones that are available for $90 now, and they work fine and sound good but I think the TBs were more comfortable and I prefer the mic muting mechanic of flipping it out of the way, over hunting for a button. Especially after friends got to listen to my wife & I argue the other night because I thought it was muted. I still have a vague plan to fix this pair of Xbox TBs but I might be up for selling them since it sounds like you've probably got a parts donor.

highme fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 26, 2021

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Oblivion is such a lovable game in the growing pains to modern gaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zurtilik posted:

Oblivion is such a lovable game in the growing pains to modern gaming.

I’ve played 40 hours of it in the past few weeks :discourse:

So good