Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Ziv Zulander posted:

I’m not taking ten+ drat minutes to boil a hotdog when I can just throw it in the microwave for 30 seconds and it’ll come out just as good. If for some reason I want to cook them proper then I throw them in a frying pan. Boiling hotdogs is the worst option by far

My sister boils hot dogs for 4th of July despite having the loving grill on and ready right there because they're already grilling chicken and steak. I just...the very idea is bonkers to me. THE GRILL IS RIGHT THERE. JUST GRILL THEM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Your sister hates you, sorry you couldn't see it until now.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

Please tell me that by 'lukewarm' you mean ~65c, not 37c.

75c technically for food safety regulations, but I can't say I've ever eaten a dirtywarm water dog from a roadside stand that was hotter than lukewarm.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Nov 26, 2021

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Desert Bus posted:

I heat mine to an normal human internal body temperature of 98.1f by sticking them up my rear end.

Giant California Sea Cucumber detected

https://www.deepseanews.com/2013/03/butt-munchers/

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

His Divine Shadow posted:

Huh? They are covered, with cheese.

Not gonna lie, that look artery hardeningly delicious.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

sootikins posted:

they're missing out, because yummo

i always set a tater aside when I'm peeling a bunch so I can snack on it

Me too.

Most vegetables are the best raw — potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, celery root, swedes... Love to snack on them while peeling/dicing. I wouldn't eat more than a single potato at the time, but it's weirdly good.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for refusing to participate in my bf’s family’s bizarre orange tradition?

There are orange citrus fruits with edible skin.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
E misread

Eating orange peels and peanut shells is weird

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The only person I knew who ate boiled peanut shells also regularly obliterated their toilets plumbing so, I mean, live how you want to.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Some sausages are just better boiled - I can't imagine frying a wiener would come out too well. Of course, boiling a bratwurst is also a sin.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Looking forward to the rest of the day, hopefully we'll get some good Thanksgiving posts. Surely there's at least one redditor who's going to post how the vegetarian meal was an insult to American tradition, or someone's going to freak out because the turkey they were served wasn't organic.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My ex thinks i had only the one affair. Do i tell him the whole truth?

quote:

Dear Prudence,

About nine months ago, I had an emotional affair with another man while married to my ex-husband. I had met this person online, and I just ended up falling head over heels for them. When my husband found out, he was absolutely devastated. He initially wanted to break up with me but then he decided that he wanted to figure out a way to make things work.
But eventually I decided I could no longer keep hurting my ex-husband and wanted to pursue something more meaningful with my affair, so I called it quits and I split up with my ex-husband. And after doing some self-reflection, I admitted to myself that I had also had other physical affairs with other men during the seven-year course of our marriage; meanwhile, he was nothing but loyal.

I never shared any of these other affairs with my husband, and now I am overcome with guilt. For my ex-husband, he feels like I broke up with him over just the emotional affair and the pain that caused him. But reality is, I did it because no matter how much I enjoyed being with him in our good moments, I could not live with myself knowing that I had been so unfaithful to him. I am not sure what I should do. I want to reach out to my ex-husband to let them know the full story regarding why I so callously ended the relationship, even though he wanted to give it a chance and go to couples therapy. I care about my ex-husband deeply, and I really want to check-in on him but he has blocked me on every platform. Should I find a way to reach back out to explain to him the full story, or will I be living with this guilt for being a terrible partner forever?

— Second Circle of Hell

quote:

Dear Second Circle,

Please leave this man alone. You’ve already hurt and betrayed him. He couldn’t be any clearer about the fact that he doesn’t want to be in touch with you. And I don’t understand why causing him more pain by telling him about your many affairs would do anything to alleviate your guilt. You should do what you can to be at peace with what you did, forgive yourself, and figure out how you can learn from the experience and hopefully do better in the future. But there’s no reason to drag him into this process. Now is a good time to resist your selfish impulses in a way you weren’t able to while you were married.

"I may have commited some light physical affairs."

This is also reminds me of an older Dear Prudence. OP had just one affair instead of eight, but she did end up leaving her then bf for the affair partner because "he was better for her". She wrote in to Yoffe-Prudence asking how should she reach out to her ex an apologize. Prudie told her to gently caress off, albeit with flowery language.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Cowslips Warren posted:

Looking forward to the rest of the day, hopefully we'll get some good Thanksgiving posts. Surely there's at least one redditor who's going to post how the vegetarian meal was an insult to American tradition, or someone's going to freak out because the turkey they were served wasn't organic.

Sorry, today's theme is "You're very selfish for not working for me for free" (both of these have been made into paragraphs for easier reading)

AITA for not agreeing to be my school's sign language interpreter?

quote:

For context: Both of my parents are deaf so I speak fluent Auslan (Australian sign language). This is known by all of my teachers plus the principal because I act as an interpreter for my parents during parent-teacher meetings. My high school has quite a few HOH/ deaf students- maybe 20 out of like 2000 students. The other day my name was on the school notices asking me to come see the principal at break time. When I went he asked me to wait and called in one of the special ed teachers. After she arrived they asked me to take a seat and told me that they were very excited to be introducing a new kind of inclusion program in the school. The principal then said something like, "OP, we know that you're very proficient in Auslan. We would love to make the school more inclusive and thought that you could work on school parades (school assemblies) as an interpreter for our HOH students."

Honestly, I'm really not keen about this idea. Interpreting is exhausting, not to mention I would hate to stand up in front of the whole school at every assembly. I told him that I thought it was a great idea to have an interpreter, but that I'm not really interested in doing that. My principal seemed understanding and let me go back to class. On the final period of the day, however, I was called out of class by the special ed teacher that had been in the room with the principal and me. When I stepped out the first thing she said to me was "I'm pretty disappointed in you, OP."

I asked about what and she said "For not taking initiative. You have the power to help our HOH students by assisting them to join in school activities and you're not using it. This is a public school, OP, we can't afford an interpreter. I think that you're being pretty selfish."

This honestly really annoyed me and this is where I might be the rear end in a top hat. I said that if she wanted an Auslan interpreter so badly why didn't she learn the language herself? And that she isn't entitled to my help. She says, "You're being really immature, OP. All I was asking for is a little help."

I told her that I had already said no and asked her why she felt the need to pull me out of class to ask the same question she had seen me answer like 3 hours ago. She says "ok, we're done talking if you can't be mature about this."

I say "great" and walk back inside my classroom. She catches the door as it closes and says loudly to my teacher, "I'm very disappointed in her, Ms X, very disappointed."

For the rest of the day people asked me why I had gotten in trouble.

AITA for refusing to be the interpreter? It's probably true that our school can't afford one.

TLDR: My principal asked if I would act as an interpreter for HOH kids at every school assembly as I'm fluent in Auslan. I said no and was later berated by another teacher for not agreeing to do so.

AITA? I refused to work a whole work shift for free - got fired

quote:

I (22F) have graduated uni about a year ago and it was a little bit hard to get a hold of a job. Out of pure luck I found a job in a company that coaches people into working less and earning more money… that being said I was offered a certain amount of pay hourly for a certain amount of hours every week. They said I would do a trial for three months and then I would get a proper contract with supperannuation and all the other benefits of being a proper employee.

My boss said that the business is not going amazing so when the three months finished she told me she can’t offer me a contract now due to financial stress and that contractor work will have to do. I said that is okay with me. Now, we have had the same agreement the same hours for over 6 months…A couple weeks ago my boss starts saying that shes noticed I do the bare minimum… when asked to explain she said that clocking in on time and leaving on time is simply not enough. I am confused as I would understand if I was an employee of this company but I am kept on board as an hourly hired contractor by her choice.

The company decides to throw a three day event fully catered and lived streamed by a crew of professionals (they got paid around 4K) and asks me to come to cover the event on social media and to take photos of everything - arriving an hour early and leaving an hour later. I did it because I want to show my commitment and that I do “work hard” but then I realised she wanted me to stay for the gala that would happen after the 3 day event…. That means on the last day I would work from 8am till midnight… and half of that day would be 100% unpaid.

I took it upon myself to ask her if it’s okay for me to bill her for the extra hours I would be working at the gala or if I can take those hours off the next week to balance it out. She got extremely upset saying that she’s not in a good place financially and that I am not being a team player. Anyways she told me she won’t be needing my services any longer and that I will not be getting paid for the 4 hours of extra work I did before either. This is extremely hard because I went into this job seeking security and a contract and it feels like I wasted my time…

Am I the rear end in a top hat for not shutting up and working for free

My parents seem to think that I should’ve just worked for free and I feel like an idiot now because I was making good money and now I am completely lost.

Piell fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Nov 26, 2021

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not asking my parents what they wanted to eat on thanksgiving?

quote:

some background info, i am 28 and live on my own. growing up i never celebrated thanksgiving; my nparents are estranged from their family, my mom is eastern european and never celebrated it and my dad is just a loner who hasn't talked to anyone in his family for 30+ years for reasons unknown to me.

I decided to have Thanksgiving 'lunch' at my apartment and invite my parents because again, never celebrated thanksgiving and I wanted to.

I made two small, 3-lb turkey breasts, green beans, corn, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, stuffing (the kind from a box lol), mac and cheese (I used a recipe my friend made) and peach cobbler (store-bought) with vanilla ice cream.

My parents begrudgingly came over and literally complained about EVERYTHING even though I thought my food tasted good.

My dad wouldn't eat the turkey because he doesn't like turkey and said he would have preferred if I had made meatloaf. Would not eat the rolls I made because they were not hawaiian rolls. My mom was pissed that the dessert was store-bought from Walmart and that she would have preferred Polish poppyseed cake, my dad also didn't like the mac and cheese because it wasn't velveeta from the box lol. Then they proceeded to tell me that I was rude for not calling them beforehand to ask them what they wanted for Thanksgiving and that I didn't buy beer for my dad (I don't drink alcohol). They didn't finish their food and left without even thanking me or saying anything.

I'm alone in my apartment crying because I just wanted for them to be happy and proud of me and for us to enjoy a meal together and now I keep ruminating about how I should have asked them what they had wanted to eat instead of just cooking things that I wanted to. I feel like poo poo. Was I the rear end in a top hat?

AITA for not eating the Thanksgiving dinner my grandmother made and instead eating the Thanksgiving dinner my step grandma made?

quote:

Hi again. I need your help.

I'm deathly allergic to citrus and thanks to a couple comments and dms from my last post I talked to my doctor and found out I'm also allergic to the pollen from citrus flowers so no citrus based honey's.

Cast: me(m15), my grandmother (58f), my step grandma (63f), my mother(35f), my step father(36m) (my brother and sister were also there but they're not important to the situation)

My mom decided to split Thanksgiving between my grandmother and my step grandma.

So my grandmother made Thanksgiving dinner. The main offenders of the dinner are the turkey, the stuffing, the potatoes, and the casserole. She put multiple citrus based ingredients into her food. She admitted this to my face. I decided not to eat her food. She got upset but my step father stepped in and tried to calmly explain why I couldn't eat anything. Him and her argued for a while but it just ended in us leaving early.

We went to my step grandmas house. Almost everything she made was citrus free. She made two turkeys because she found out that the marinade she put the first turkey in was made with a large amount of lemon juice. So she made a whole new turkey so I could eat. I ate everything I could and ended up falling asleep watching the Thanksgiving dog show. (My step grandma recorded it for me so I could wouldn't miss it)

My mom talked to my grandmother and my grandmother found out I had eaten the safe Thanksgiving. I woke up to twenty missed calls and voicemails along with 50+ texts from my grandmother alone. She is calling me an ungrateful brat among other things that I dont want to repeat including slurs.

I'm wondering if im wrong for eating my step grandmas Thanksgiving? Aita?

AITA if I yelled at mom during thanksgiving dinner?

quote:

Background: family is me (16), my brother (11), mom, & dad. Thanksgiving dinner was the four of us. I dont get along well with my mom. I know I have been lovely towards her when I was younger. For her part, she lied about something major to all of us for years & has never come clean. She’s also very hard on my brother. She comes off as hypocritical & lacking empathy just because one thing we did made her really mad. My dad does not help, he & mom also get along very badly.

The event in question: for lunch my brother & I had leftovers. He ate a packet of green noodles in my dads room after as he was still hungry. Mom came up & got really mad, saying she asked brother if he wanted milk earlier & he said no thanks so why is he eating now. She said she wouldnt cook us dinner anymore.

Later, she tells me she’s making dinner after all, i help her prepare some stuff (store mix stuffing, microwave veggies.) The dinner was precooked/seasoned turkey we bought + the stuffing, veggies, & roasted carrots & sweet potatoes. I called dad & brother downstairs, brother comes down looking a bit upset since he had a small argument with dad an hour ago. Mom snaps at him to stop looking so sullen & gets really mad, yelling that he should shape up & say thanks for cooking. Dad also tells brother to stop looking unhappy.

Brother says her he was going to say thank you when he sat at the table. Mom keeps yelling that she cooked for two hours, my brother is doing it on purpose & ruining the mood, & he should have stopped looking sullen the moment she told him to. At this point, dad has gone back upstairs because he doesn’t want to deal with mom (he does this a lot, i know it’s an AH move, but my mom is very unreasonable & always has to be right in an argument. Dad doesn’t have the most patience. Still an AH move.)

I was pissed! I wanted us to eat together even though we are a sad excuse for a family. I grab my dads plate & put food onto it, yelling about how mom didn’t have to get so mad & it is thanksgiving & can we please go one day without arguing. Now mom is yelling at me for interfering. I try to explain why I’m really upset but she just digs her heels in. In the end i storm upstairs, give dad his dinner. He asks why I am crying & i snap at him too, saying neither him nor mom have any empathy for their kids when it matters. I ate in my room, mom made brother eat downstairs.

Why I may be TA: my mom spent time preparing dinner for us. My brother is mad I interfered & made her madder, my mom is obviously mad at me for disrespecting her. I know she’s very stressed because of covid. Dad is also not the nicest to her (it goes both ways, they fight all the time). Maybe i shouldn’t have yelled & it would have resolved quicker? I’m very conflicted, I don’t regret defending my brother but in the end it feels like my yelling was unnecessary & harmful, I know it’ll never change anything.

AITA?

WIBTA If I refused to cook the turkey for thanksgiving.

quote:

Today my Dad and I went to the store to pickup things for next Thursday's dinner. While we were picking up the turkey. He got a call from his boss. What was basically said is that he needed to cover someone's shift. He would be back in time to eat with us but not to fry the turkey. So naturally I was next in line to cook the bird. As I always help.

The thing is, I don't want to sit at the kids table again. As I am already 17 and have had my seat stolen from me every year. It way always something. This person from church doesn't have family to go to, or this family friend want to join us. Either way for the past 2 years I have been denied my space at the adult table. While my sister who is only two years older than me got to sit with everyone else. The kids table is far two small for me. I have to get two of the kids seat to sit down. And my knees go above the table when sitting down.

So I have came up with a plan. Give my family a ultimatum. Move me to the adults table or I don't fry the bird. If I don't fry the bird that means that my grandma will bake it. Thing is she can not cook turkey to save her life. So it will either be drier than California in a drought or burnt beyond recognition.

This could go either way. I get my way or the holiday is ruined. Here's why I think I would be the rear end in a top hat. Along with ruining a holiday that my family enjoys over a petty seat. I know it would cause unnecessary tension and fight. As I have dealt with this problem for 2 years already.

WIBTA for bringing my own food to thanksgiving at my moms?

quote:

To give some context I just recently became vegetarian because my partner is also vegetarian and it’s just easier to cook one meal.

I don’t mind eating meat Cus I’m only a vegetarian out of pure laziness of not wanting to cook two meals.

I asked my mom if she would mind making some vegetarian options to accommodate my partner (something like Mac and cheese since she normally doesn’t make Mac and cheese at thanksgiving) and she said no So then I asked my mom if I could bring a tofurkey (it’s like a vegan turkey) and some other things so my partner could enjoy a full meal and not have to pick at sides , she got super offended at this and implied that they should be grateful and eat like everyone else.

WIBTA for bringing vegetarian options for my partner despite my mother being against it ?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

AITA for not eating the Thanksgiving dinner my grandmother made and instead eating the Thanksgiving dinner my step grandma made?

AITA if I yelled at mom during thanksgiving dinner?

WIBTA If I refused to cook the turkey for thanksgiving.

WIBTA for bringing my own food to thanksgiving at my moms?

jfc these poor people. Why is being decent to your kids/grandkids so loving difficult for some people?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hellblazer187 posted:

jfc these poor people. Why is being decent to your kids/grandkids so loving difficult for some people?

Some people just aren't very good

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

Computer viking posted:

Some sausages are just better boiled - I can't imagine frying a wiener would come out too well. Of course, boiling a bratwurst is also a sin.

Exactly, it's right there in the name. German, being a very utiliarian language, specifically calls it frying sausage.

There's Bratwurst and then there's Bockwurst. It's not difficult to confuse the names.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

quote:

my dad is just a loner who hasn't talked to anyone in his family for 30+ years for reasons unknown to me

congrats op, you solved the riddle :ms:

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I'd rather go back to necrophilia chat than read more posts about how to cook hot dogs.

quote:

Need advice on leaving my husband [25F] [25M] because he says he cannot work while living with me because he'd have to take the bus

My husband and I lived together before marriage for a month and have been married a month. In fact, before living together, he would talk about how important it was for a couple to live together and spend time together and he really wanted this. At the time, he was unemployed.

He's starting a job on Monday after I talked to him about not wanting to pay the rent and bills on my own (he was very reluctant at first but finally agreed, to my surprise), but has gone to his parents', saying that it is impossible for him to live with me while working because his parents can give him a ride to work. We looked up the bus from our apartment to his job, and it's 45 minutes, which I find very reasonable - everyone I know commutes an hour or more to work. He said no, absolutely not, I don't want to take the bus. To be clear, he takes the bus all the time so this isn't a phobia of his.

I have told him maybe you can settle into work for 2 weeks and then try at least ONE DAY and see how you feel taking the bus to work. I can even ride the bus with you the first day. If you're uncomfortable we can discuss this again, or you could ease into it by staying with me 2 days a week until you feel better about the bus. (He will work from 8 am - 3 pm Monday to Friday if it matters.)

He said no and that we can meet on Sundays for a walk and that just because we're married doesn't mean we have to live together. I told him I am sorry but this is not what I want out of marriage, to never live together (he says we will never live together as long as he is working) and he says I am being unreasonable and cruel.

He isn't interested in compromises like looking for a place closer to his work, saying that "even if the bus ride is 5 minutes, it's still more comfortable getting a ride than taking the bus" and realistically speaking, it's unlikely he can find a place directly across from his job....

He is not doing this to get out of marriage, I have told him I am not okay with this and that if he's sure he never wants to live with me as long as he's working, I would like a divorce, but he says if I loved him, I'd accept this and stop being so hung up on living together. what should I do? He won't grant me a divorce, and I want to just move, change my number, and never see him again if he doesn't love me enough to even TRY taking the bus one time and seeing how it goes....

EDIT: My fears were confirmed. I said to him "I'm sad that you don't want to live with me, your wife, just because of the bus. In the past you said if you really loved someone, you'd do anything to live with them (he said this in response to my asking why I have to pay for everything)." his response "If you think living together is so important, why did you say we shouldn't live together if I don't contribute financially?" (this was in the past, when he said "I will never work I will never contribute. You have to pay for everything forever" and I told him I'm not comfortable with living with him and not paying for everything, which did go on for 2 months). I said "that was different, I was afraid to be used"

He said "your paranoia about being used is suffocating me. whatever! I'm going to live w my parents. also I can save on the bus." I said "but as I explained, if for example I asked you to contribute 75% of your income to rent/bills/food/clothes/health, I'd ask for 75% minus cost of the bus." he said OMG you're so greedy! how can you want more than half of my income? you have so much money! why are you so greedy?" at that point...I knew this was NEVER about the bus. He wanted me to say "ok so you can't live w/me if you're working? don't work then!" if it had been about the bus, he wouldn't have found a way to say "ok so you want to live together right? so you admit that you were wrong to say we shouldn't live together if only you pay. so I can live for free now right?" at that point I blocked him.

Here's the thing. In the past, I always wracked my brain, thinking I was crazy and insane, why couldn't he understand when I explained calmly and clearly? (like when I said I wanted an equal partnership, meaning both parties do contribute, he'd repeat over and over i don't understand i don't understand i don't understand i don't understand i don't understand). Now I can see he understood every single word out of my mouth! He was just pretending not to....

tl;dr: Need advice on leaving my husband, can't accept his long term plans of our lives and not wanting to share a life together.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Cool Dad posted:

I'd rather go back to necrophilia chat than read more posts about how to cook hot dogs.

I can't parse this. Is he mad that she wants him to pay? Is he demanding to pay 75% of his income? What?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Kurieg posted:

I can't parse this. Is he mad that she wants him to pay? Is he demanding to pay 75% of his income? What?

Dickhead's looking for reasons to become a fully funded couch potato, but to do this has to argue that he is allergic to the concept of commuting, and would rather live at home with his parents to avoid it than with his actual, real life wife.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Kurieg posted:

He doesn't want to work. He's a manchild, and doesn't understand household costs (why do you need 75% of my income for rent and food? that's my money for vinyl figurines).

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Kurieg posted:

He's mad she wants him to work and not be an unemployed loser all day. By staying at his parents he's hoping to force her to change her mind about him getting a job and just let him do nothing all day instead. The real mystery is why the hell she married this guy. He straight up told her "I will never work I will never contribute. You have to pay for everything forever", so she knew exactly what she was getting into here.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Kurieg posted:

Cool Dad posted:

He's starting a job on Monday after I talked to him about not wanting to pay the rent and bills on my own (he was very reluctant at first but finally agreed, to my surprise)
(...)
this was in the past, when he said "I will never work I will never contribute. You have to pay for everything forever"
(...)
he said OMG you're so greedy! how can you want more than half of my income? you have so much money! why are you so greedy?"
Dude doesn't actually want to work and was hoping his wife would be cool with paying for everything, forever.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

wizardofloneliness posted:

He's mad she wants him to work and not be an unemployed loser all day. By staying at his parents he's hoping to force her to change her mind about him getting a job and just let him do nothing all day instead. The real mystery is why the hell she married this guy. He straight up told her "I will never work I will never contribute. You have to pay for everything forever", so she knew exactly what she was getting into here.

Maybe he was really good looking once, or she recently came out of a longer term bout with brain fog?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It must suck to find out only after you get married what a dud you picked

Edit: she had advance warning? Guess I misunderstood that. Well, I suppose she will know to take people at their word in the future when they say they will be bad partners

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 26, 2021

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Cheaper to pay a few grand for a divorce than to continue to support this idiot for the rest of your life.

Greedy manipulator flew too close to the sun. I bet if he worked part time and gave 50% of his income he'd get away with it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I guess when you tell your partner "I will contribute NOTHING to this relationship" and they marry you anyway, you start to think you can get away with anything.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

On the other hand, it's nice to see a man who does not feel threatened by his wife being the main provider in the household.

Though given everything we have learned in here, I'm sure he'd actually hate that as well and would have dealt with it by seething resentment and somehow trying to blame her.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for telling my husband exactly why I can't dance every night when I get home from work?

quote:

Background: I (35) am married to my husband (37) of 6 years and working mother (nurse) of 3 kids.

We were at my inlaws house for thanksgiving dinner and every family member was able to make it.

We were at dinner table when my BIL started talking about his girlfriend's new fond hobby which is "dancing" and said she's been dancing for him every night after she gets back from her "Zumba" classes. The men in the family "clearly" got intetested and they kept talking about it in details as me and other women were just rolling our eyes. my husband then and all of a sudden just threw his fork and looked at me and said "HEY Jess! (fake name) Why Can't You Dance For ME When You Come Home Every Night Like (BIL's gf name) Does?". I was blown away by his question and really thought he was joking but no. I looked around and saw everyone staring at me with my cousin in law sarcastically singing the 'dance monkey' song.

I flipped out and said "I don't know, maybe because when I get home I cook then start my cleaning routine then feed the kids dinner then do the dishes then get our 8 months old to sleep then clean the messy bathroom and bedroom then suddenly fall asleep the minute I get in the bed from being exhausted from working on my feet all day long then coming back to messy home and demanding kids and a husband...God what a terrible wife I must be to not find time to dance"

He froze in his place and the entire table got quite then my SIL's jerk, cop husband who hates my husband's guts started laughing then said "Good God!!!, guess turkey...I mean chicken's really coming home to roost, huh?!". My husband's face was so pale he just told everyone after noticing how awkward things got that he needed a minute outside. He got up and walked out and I followed him and he flipped out at me saying great job making thanksgiving awkward and embarrassing him infront of his family like that. An argument ensued and he said he wanted to leave after I caused him to be in an awkward position infront of family.

We got home and he shut down completely. I stayed with the kids and couldn't sleep even after I called my MIL (his stepmom) saying good on me for calling him out as he stepped out of line but she could be bias since she hates his guts too and I just felt guilty when I think about what happened thinking I mishandled the situation and ruined thanksgiving for everyone.

AITA?

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Piell posted:

AITA for telling my husband exactly why I can't dance every night when I get home from work?

Expectation from the title: tone deaf husband, in an attempt to bond, wants to dance with his tired wife, but she's obviously too tired. She complains to the internet void instead of trying to compromise with husband.

Reality: sideshow bob stepping on multiple rakes labeled misogyny.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

killer crane posted:

Expectation from the title: tone deaf husband, in an attempt to bond, wants to dance with his tired wife, but she's obviously too tired. She complains to the internet void instead of trying to compromise with husband.

lol yes I had the same thoughts.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

killer crane posted:

I thought that too, but the OP says he was asking her to dance FOR him and not with him. Which makes me think he just wanted to sit and watch his wife perform.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

killer crane posted:

I must be getting jaded, because other than the husband being dumb enough to pick a fight in the middle of a Thanksgiving dinner, rather than later at home, it was exactly what I expected.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The worst part was asking why she doesn't dance for him with entirely capitalized words. That's Just Stepping Over The Line

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
He wants a dirty dance, OP. It's code for loving

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Strip pour moi je ne dirais pas le mot
J'reste assis j'admire le show
Enlève tes habits si c'est trop chaud
Couche par couche comme un artichaud

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
My wife is an ER nurse and the thought of asking why she won't do a striptease for me after 12 hours of dealing with Covid patients, traumas and just general awfulness makes me actually tremble in fear a little and I have been shot at before.

And he somehow makes her do all the general housekeeping as well, what a shithead.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I mean, she has to take off her bloody scrubs anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
lol at husband's BiL and stepmom apparently openly hating him