Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Oh poo poo priests are getting inner fire again

Yeah they stealthily brought back quasi-inner fire and 1 mana cycle to priest and people are less concerned than they probably should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Firebert posted:

Yeah they stealthily brought back quasi-inner fire and 1 mana cycle to priest and people are less concerned than they probably should be

Well so long as a priest doesn't a make 4/4 minion that summons a copy of itself when your opponent plays a spell on turn 2 we should be fine...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Blizzard was holding out on the Neutrals this set, there's some powerhouses among them.

Don't think this is one of them but it's my favourite card in the set.

Look at this big dumbie. I want to resurrect him umpteen times and Rag down multiple boards.

Edit: Oh for people who aren't aware, all the cards have been revealed now.

I don’t understand the flavour of this card. Does it fall on you after it dies or something?

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Firebert posted:

Completely agree. The upside, to me, is that bringing back inner fire gives a win condition other than attrition.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
What decks are you looking forward to trying? Fel Control Warlock, the mythical value Rogue (lol), Silas OTK (again), Big Spell Mage?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Looks like jack loving poo poo for Tonk, but Capture Coldtooth Mine is gonna make Celestial Druid even more annoying.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Boatswain posted:

What decks are you looking forward to trying? Fel Control Warlock, the mythical value Rogue (lol), Silas OTK (again), Big Spell Mage?

I dunno tbh, it feels like everyone got a lot of stuff but without any real support.

Like there's big mana druid, but very little in the way of worthwhile new things to spend it on besides that new 1 mana 1/1. Maybe clown druid might make a return, that could be fun actually. Token druid is likely still going to be stronger and has a lot of lateral support with free and stick stuff.

Then there's deathrattle priest, but that's pretty much the slowest deck in the world and good luck staying alive that long. The number of exciting deathrattles costing less than 8 is very low is what I'm trying to say.

Then there's freeze shaman, very likely very obnoxious to play against, but the legendary payoff at the end seems very slow and a pretty underwhelming. Maybe Moorabi might be fun memeing with in wild now.

Handbuff paladin is still going to be a thing but a little harder to kill, I'd guess this might be a strong contender.

Not really convinced by the new big beast hunter stuff.

If Big Spell Mage ends up being even a tier 2 deck, I'd be really surprised, even though I really want it to succeed.

Meh, as I type this list I only realize what I already know, that this meta is already too fast to have any real fun with most of the new cards. You can't speed up the meta like crazy one expansion and expect people to play decks with multiple 6-8+ drops in the next without introducing some crazy removal and reintroducing longevity.

Sorry for being so rambly.

TL;DR: I'll be trying guff clown y'shaarj druid, and maybe some kind of handbuff paladin control deck, but I really hope the meta changes in a way that I'm not seeing and creates space for some fun decks like HP magister mage.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Oenis posted:

Like there's big mana druid, but very little in the way of worthwhile new things to spend it on besides that new 1 mana 1/1. Maybe clown druid might make a return, that could be fun actually. Token druid is likely still going to be stronger and has a lot of lateral support with free and stick stuff.

Yeah, my prediction for a powerful 10+ cost Druid card was off. I don't really get the point of expanding your mana supply to 20 if there isn't some big payoff, particularly when Celestial Alignment exists so big spell combos can be done easily anyway and with disruption to your opponent.

A lot of the cards look neat though and maybe there's something crazy that will come out of it, but nothing seems too outlandish right now.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I'm still excited to play with new hero cards, and loads of Freeze-effects might help slow down against aggro.

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Yeah, my prediction for a powerful 10+ cost Druid card was off. I don't really get the point of expanding your mana supply to 20 if there isn't some big payoff, particularly when Celestial Alignment exists so big spell combos can be done easily anyway and with disruption to your opponent.

A lot of the cards look neat though and maybe there's something crazy that will come out of it, but nothing seems too outlandish right now.

I think Guff would help with consistency before Aligning, if you've got a spare turn on a rough draw. Then, why wouldn't you just add a tutor or more card draw? Maybe his proper place is in GA/Clowns.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Looking forward to the oppressive questline meta being replaced by the oppressive hero card meta.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

With all these dumb new expensive spells Mage is back, baby! It will be bad and I will play it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

So what's going to slow the meta down?

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Probably nerfs. I know even the best predictions often miss the mark but it really does seem like half the cards in this set are unplayable just due to their cost.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Yeah - It doesn't matter if you've got a 10 cost spell that says 'Win the game', if Aggro is reliably killing you on Turn 5, nuts draw killing you on 3-4, and you don't have a way to cheat it into hand and/or play it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I really do hope the meta slows down, it'll make my Ignite deck win more than it already does. Only new thing I think I have to worry about is Hunter secrets, but I can generate sacrificial spells for that - much like for Oh my Yogg or Counterspell (which no mage seems to run at the moment). Maybe if warrior / druid armour gain becomes meta. Maybe Cariel lightforge will make me have to put a cobra in my deck.
Otherwise, if the meta gets faster, then it obviously gets worse, but then all this big mana stuff is also dead.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

GTO posted:

Looking forward to the oppressive questline meta being replaced by the oppressive hero card meta.

No, it'll just become the oppressive quest/hero card meta.

You're also presuming deaths by turn five will stop being a thing, too.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

5-0 so far with Flik and Counterfeit Coin in the brawl. Quick and painless if you're looking for an easy pack.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

GTO posted:

### Dreck
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Holy Smite
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Power Word: Feast
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 1x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Gift of Luminance
# 2x (3) Nazmani Bloodweaver
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 1x (4) Drek'Thar
# 2x (4) Rally!
# 2x (5) Psyche Split
# 2x (7) Elekk Mount
# 2x (8) Power Word: Fortitude
#
AAECAZ/HAgKvugO7igQOk7oDlroDm7oDp8sD184DtNED4t4D+98DyuED++MDmOsDoPcDrYoEhZ8EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I don't think this is top tier but it is fun to play, has lots of decision making and leads to some funny games.

Had my most satisfying win in a long time today, vs a druid who roped every single turn for some reason (hatred of priest maybe).

They quit in the end after I copied, apotheosis'ed and duplicated their Greybough, then silenced it. I made sure to emote 'thanks' when they started trying to clear it and I got a full health reload.

This deck right here made my morning with it's crazy clowncar minigame

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Tuxedo Gin posted:

5-0 so far with Flik and Counterfeit Coin in the brawl. Quick and painless if you're looking for an easy pack.
I did the other half of that deck with Pogo and Shadowstep. 1 - 0 but that's all it takes.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Disargeria posted:

This deck right here made my morning with it's crazy clowncar minigame

yeah played one that has maly and silences

copying their greybough, duplicating it with divine shield and then silencing their board was magical

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Cry Havoc posted:

yeah played one that has maly and silences

copying their greybough, duplicating it with divine shield and then silencing their board was magical

Might be this one? Which actually feels competitive, I'm currently 4-0 with it, all very one sided. Don't think people know what to expect and then suddenly you've got a full board and a hand full of free cards. Managed a 20 damage to all enemy minions Xyrella against aggro druid with a full board which was satisfying.

### Custom Priest2
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Desperate Prayer
# 2x (1) Draconic Studies
# 2x (1) Flash Heal
# 2x (1) Holy Smite
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (1) Shard of the Naaru
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Gift of Luminance
# 2x (3) Nazmani Bloodweaver
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 1x (4) Xyrella
# 2x (5) Psyche Split
# 2x (7) Elekk Mount
# 2x (8) Power Word: Fortitude
# 1x (9) Malygos the Spellweaver
#
AAECAZ/HAgLU7QO1igQOk7oDlroDp8sD3swD4t4D+98DyuEDmOsDmesDh/cDoPcDrYoEhZ8Ey6AEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

yep that’s the one

fun times

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
there must always be a cancer priest deck

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I'd rather have a meta where cancer priest is viable than one where games end on turn 5. One allows for a bigger card pool with more variety and more interesting games, the other does not.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Tuxedo Gin posted:

yea that feeling when you see folks play like 5x shadowsteps on their pogo and then you just coin out flik on t2 and their deck just evaporates is :discourse:

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

OMFG FURRY posted:

there must always be a cancer priest deck

need to delete the class. only good priest thing blizz did recently was the new portraits.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

been playing on and off since naxx and finally hit legend. yay. big warrior

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

I... think I'm not going to get the mega preorder this time (still going to get the regular one to defray crafting costs). I have 2.5 good reasons and one petty one:

1) I have ~25K gold
2) I have 100K dust (and ~17K from cards I haven't dusted)
2.5) I 100%ed the BG achievements before the Sneed/Cookie patch and am pretty burnt out on it
3) gently caress VANNDAR (petty because I only played Horde in WoW)

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

You basically have enough gold and dust to get all the cards from the next expac without spending anything. Might as well use it up, it doesn't earn interest and you can't turn it back into money.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Number 3 is a perfectly good reason.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
The last couple expansions the only money I spent was on the tavern pass (and I tossed $5 at the intro mercs bundle). You can pretty easily get enough gold at around 200 levels of the pass to get the mini set and have 14-15k+ by the time the next xpac rolls around.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

skaboomizzy posted:

I'm at Plat 10 in standard, no more star bonus, but I have a deck I'm really comfortable with in Quest Pirate Warrior. I've got a lot of days off work this month so maybe I'm gonna take this chance to make a run for legend. Anyone have advice for handling the grind?

update in case anyone cares: I just hit Diamond 5 and I'm off work all day tomorrow, still cruising with quest pirate Warrior after taking a few days to try out deathrattle DH. Might give it a real try during the day.

Edit to add: Defias Cannoneer is just a really awesome card to drop on opponents, especially when it triggers the 2nd quest reward of "2 damage to random enemies" and I have a weapon in hand lol

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 29, 2021

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Not gonna lie, I would have been soooo mad if I were him.

Just linked to turn 11b where the magic is about to happen.

http://hsreplay.net/replay/aPd7DpjZcVeHRnZK3A9n6Y#turn=11b

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

skaboomizzy posted:

update in case anyone cares: I just hit Diamond 5 and I'm off work all day tomorrow, still cruising with quest pirate Warrior after taking a few days to try out deathrattle DH. Might give it a real try during the day.

Edit to add: Defias Cannoneer is just a really awesome card to drop on opponents, especially when it triggers the 2nd quest reward of "2 damage to random enemies" and I have a weapon in hand lol

Good luck! You only have to go +15 to get there, and your climb will be a lot easier next month.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23751629

patch notes are up, light on changes outside of duels/mercs, new bg hero replacing diablo

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23751630

new rewards track also posted, you get a LOT more stuff especially as a BG player and the cost is the same

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Firebert posted:

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23751629

patch notes are up, light on changes outside of duels/mercs, new bg hero replacing diablo

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23751630

new rewards track also posted, you get a LOT more stuff especially as a BG player and the cost is the same

THEY DIDN'T loving FIX MONSTROUS PARROT WTF

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Oh, we’re reached the monetisation critical mass where we’re selling boards now. Someone inform the Blizzard death thread.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Went 5-0 to finish the weekly ranked quest this morning, ended up at G1.1 and figured I might as well go for Platinum. Then I hit pirate warriors. Eventually got up and over to Plat, but it was a streak of pirate warriors keeping me down. I'm not sure what's going to take on pirate warrior to slow this meta down for all the high cost cards coming out.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

bullshit pirate warriors pulling answers out their rear end

standard ranked is poo poo right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Yeah pirate warrior is a problem. Faced like 4 or five of them this morning. Eventually I switched to it to finish out the weekly 5 wins.