Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Zeether posted:

Are they seriously banning people for copyrighted liveries? Also gently caress the Juggernaut

that and anything even alluding to sex or drugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Holy poo poo I hate this season. I did the reasonably priced car championship, won all 3 races and the game didn't give me anything so now I have to do it all over again.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

don't you only have to do two if they're the first two

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

don't you only have to do two if they're the first two
I don't know, I did all three of them. It wasn't registering.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
For the seasonal championships you need to place first in points. You get 20 for a win, 16 for second, etc down the pack. Usually you’ll need at least 2 wins and then either a 2nd or 3rd place because the same AI tends to lead the rest.

This weeks trial is hard but very reliant on having the right car. I tried first with an X class Huyara with a “grip” tune and it was awful, sliding around the place, I think the creator has TCR on. Then I swapped to a slower s2 Ferrari FXX K with tons more actual grip and slaughtered all but one of the AI every race. I think it’s heavily car dependent, and being able to keep your speed up in the bends where the AI is slower is the key.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
If you solo them it's all 3 races championship style, you have to provide your own transportation. For the last one the AI rigs starting grid depending on how you're doing (i.e. if you won both your rivals will be up front but you can probably finish 4th or better and be fine, if you had two meh finishes the points leaders will be at the very back of the grid, but you must end with a win). If you do them co-op it's trial style best two out of three and fast travels you between events.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

this hippo simulator is pretty cool

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Also if anyone's bored of the soundtrack but particularly likes the Hospital station / progressive dnb, I've been enjoying this the last few days:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1E4qEVluj63DM0?si=8560df36936e48d4

Skiant
Mar 10, 2013

Convex posted:

I loving love this game

Except for this week's rivals, what the gently caress is that poo poo can gently caress all the way off.

I've applied for GRCC as well, please know that I am Bad™.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I got the seasonal championship to clear and then the Porsche photo thing wasn't working. :argh:

Gonna try it again, sounds like a lot of folks have been having that crop up.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Yeah same.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Apparently if you’ve always taken a photo of that car it just won’t trigger at all. It really feels like the game needed another month or two of bug testing and polishing before release, but since they had to hit the 20th anniversary we got this instead. There’s a lot to like here, but the seasonal and online stuff still feels buggy as gently caress.

In today’s What Were They Thinking episode, Horizon Arcade dropped me immediately into that enormous drift zone on the eastern volcano - the one that takes 3-4 minutes to even drive through and register a score. So the three of us had basically no chance whatsoever.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Zeether posted:

I got the seasonal championship to clear and then the Porsche photo thing wasn't working. :argh:

Gonna try it again, sounds like a lot of folks have been having that crop up.

Worked for me but I had to be in a race, not just freeroam.
Or maybe it worked exclusively in Forzavista.
Someone also told me to use the airstrip for photos.

Whatever happened I tried everything and something eventually worked.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Goa Tse-tung posted:

that and anything even alluding to sex or drugs

And weapons, or any allusion to violence. No rockets/bombs exploding on the rear panels, etc.

I was lucky in that I was able to sign in a day or two after a big banhammer and get rid of the "DriftHub" logo I put on the side of a Lambo. That too is ban-eligible.

"E for Everyone" was a curious choice for this game. I'd much prefer T for Teen so we can have a couple four-letter words from time to time, not have to worry about a bullet on a car's paint job getting me banned, no giggling little kids driving Veyrons directly into the first turn at 250 MPH, and maybe just a little bit less superstar dick suckin'.

enojy fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Nov 26, 2021

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
my mums what

did she forget something?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

enojy posted:

And weapons, or any allusion to violence. No rockets/bombs exploding on the rear panels, etc.

So.... Who was it providing that SA handgrenade vinyl again?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
how do I see what cars are in a category like "Collector's Series" for the seasonal arena?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

emdash posted:

how do I see what cars are in a category like "Collector's Series" for the seasonal arena?

you can filter in the car selector, if nothing shows up you need to buy one (same filter in the market)

edit: some restrictions don't seem to have an explicit filter yet, for example the reasonably priced car is simply below 30k sticker price

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Right, I have one, but it’s unclear how I’d shop another in autoshow or even find out what matches in my own collection

e: to be clear, "Collector's Series" is not a filter option in the list you can access from the car collection screen

emdash fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 26, 2021

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
You can press the hamburger button while you have the championship highlighted on the festival screen to “show eligible cars” and it will display all the cars that you can actually use, even if it’s not a normal filter in the car list

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Awesome, I was way too oblivious to see that before

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

ixnay posted:

You can press the hamburger button while you have the championship highlighted on the festival screen to “show eligible cars” and it will display all the cars that you can actually use, even if it’s not a normal filter in the car list

it's maddening that even when this marks a car as currently in your collection there doesn't seem to be a way to get in said car from this screen

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

enojy posted:

But flames on the doors are okay!

What's their stance on big tiddy anime girls?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

xzzy posted:

But flames on the doors are okay!

What's their stance on big tiddy anime girls?

From personal experience they don't seem to give a poo poo and they come up in their curated list of vinyl groups all the time.

enojy posted:

But what about a blue shell???

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I got a Lambo Veneno in a wheelspin and tuning it up to x completely beat the piss out of that seasonal HoF unbeatable drivatar race, tho that being said I'm also pretty good at handling the thing.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 26, 2021

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The trial this week is easy you just need to be more skilled like me

https://i.imgur.com/xmCnaUF.mp4

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Yeah, the trials not so bad, after a couple of bad runs where everyone brought X and S2, I joined a one where everyone brought an S1 car, and we stomped it easily.

Just have to get lucky and end up in a group with none-idiots.

Sloop
Jun 1, 2003

Just applied to GRCC, excited to have people to play with!

Skiant
Mar 10, 2013

Funso Banjo posted:

Yeah, the trials not so bad […] Just have to get lucky

:airquote:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I wonder with the further winter items and activities still to come, they'll do a "unprecedented freak winter storm has hit Mexico"' and we'll get the whole map covered in snow.

Hope it's not all just confined to the volcano summit.

text
Mar 12, 2011
Trial was an easy one and done, used the huayru bc at S2 level

Trying to do the arcade or eliminator however, just gonna give up

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

If anyone needs easy photo mode at night do the canyon expedition. You can take a photo as soon as you start and then just quit.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

FishMcCool posted:

So.... Who was it providing that SA handgrenade vinyl again?

I'm not banned yet, they fear us

seventimessix
Jul 18, 2011
I wanted a car that looked like a couch in an 80s basement and thought the Mitsubishi Starion would be the perfect choice. I call it Maroon Dream and I'm very proud of it. I'd really appreciate it if you download and like it. The share code is 647 388 266.

edit: eventually I'll tag the image right and get it posted (:

seventimessix fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 26, 2021

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Somehow the Polaris RZR counts as a "reasonably priced car" and it rips apart every track in the series, if anyone wants to have an easy time of things

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I think I unlocked a secret car or something. I was looking through the Porsches I had for one to upgrade for this week's speed zone, and I can't remember exactly what it was (I think a 2016-2018 Spyder of some variety,) but when I auto-upgraded it to "S2 998", it turned into some mid-950s different car with a 20th anniversary Xbox livery. It was great for the speed zone!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

enojy posted:

I think I unlocked a secret car or something. I was looking through the Porsches I had for one to upgrade for this week's speed zone, and I can't remember exactly what it was (I think a 2016-2018 Spyder of some variety,) but when I auto-upgraded it to "S2 998", it turned into some mid-950s different car with a 20th anniversary Xbox livery. It was great for the speed zone!

That was the 918 they sent as a gift last week.

The livery doesn't apply itself until you get into it.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Powershift posted:

That was the 918 they sent as a gift last week.

The livery doesn't apply itself until you get into it.

Oh that explains everything! I just remember feeding a maroon-colored car into the magic tuner machine...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
Did anyone get the Subaru that got mentioned in the message about car pass members this week?

I got the message, but no car, so I don't know if the car didn't get sent yet, or if it did and there's issues with it showing up.