Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

For some weird reason I've had gray hairs just about my whole life. I'm 42 now and only starting to go gray properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

any one want to knnow my balls arent normel

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cavauro posted:

whats going on down there

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
cav's a genetic freak

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I think that the rear end Boy's apology is fine, I'm not personally gonna hold it against him after but that's just me. Too bad Blackface Billy Gunn doesn't have the "I was a dumb teenager" excuse lol

I honestly think we should forever accept we're all idiots and being a dumbass human being back then should be a less age restricted excuse.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

too be fair he looks hot as hell with the gray

Road dogg preferred it

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I don't know why people tend to do that "at <insert age> they should already know better!" People can grow and learn at any age, otherwise there wouldn't be any societal progress at all because everyone is permanently stuck in their views.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I think, barring contrary actions, it's more that assuming that change must have transpired is speculative.

In Gunn's case, I consider the thoughtfulness of his apology to be an action contrary to his prior words, and thus I give him the benefit of the doubt. When Rhia apologized decently, didn't cry about people mad at her, and then later donated money to related causes, it gave the impression that she had learned something, and so I gave her the same.

When Lars posted about triggering people on Twitter, I knew that he had not changed. So, I didn't give him the benefit of the doubt.

Most of the time, since many people don't bother to address the past, and many who do seem more mad at other people noticing than their own actions, their current position is often, at best, unknowable, at least to someone who doesn't know them.

Basically, everyone can progress, but assuming that people have progressed, when there's no evidence of it, is basically fan fiction.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Billy, on the other hand, hasn't apologized, and has done black face more than once, which seems worse to me. But for some reason Austin seems to be getting all the attention, despite doing the right thing to the extent possible in the present day.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

time to concern troll hand-wring in the threads about how the Gunn son must suffer punishment until the end of time

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

thanks for the update. Hope your balls get better

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

boxcarhobo posted:

whats going on down there

Up there. That's the weird part.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Vince Russo is just a huge fan of soul man.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

We as a community need to hold The rear end Man accountable

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

17 years old is a child. I'm kind of shocked anyone even argues that point. Do you remember being 17? Ten years, especially the ten years between 17 and 27, is a loving lifetime. The apology was good. Unless he says or does more bad stuff, I don't think he needs to be cancelled over this.

Edit: Cancelled isn't really the right word here. As someone else pointed out, cancel culture is not really a thing. I was looking for a short hand for still being mad at him about this.

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 26, 2021

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hellblazer187 posted:

17 years old is a child. I'm kind of shocked anyone even argues that point. Do you remember being 17? Ten years, especially the ten years between 17 and 27, is a loving lifetime. The apology was good. Unless he says or does more bad stuff, I don't think he needs to be cancelled over this.

I said things I regret at 17. The difference is twitter and Facebook weren't a thing yet when I was 17 (thank goodness).

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1464267225095970820

Is Taz referencing the Ingmar Bergman film The Seventh Seal?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

Instead of talking about cancel culture can we talk about things that actually exist, like ghosts and stuff

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Hellblazer187 posted:

I mean, he apologized so that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned (something I definitely have the power to decide as a white person) but there's always gonna be people who won't forgive him. And that's fine, don't waste the small amount of mental energy we all have left worrying about other people's opinions. That way lies madness.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ivory tower bullshit.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's not a single person at PSP actually mad at Austin so can we all agree to stop talking about dumb opinions from dumb people and move on?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

Ivory tower bullshit.

Not surprised to see this coming from the person who claimed Jay Lethal's accusers were "discredited" lol

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Shut up holy poo poo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Beeswax posted:

Shut up holy poo poo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Elephant Ambush posted:

Not surprised to see this coming from the person who claimed Jay Lethal's accusers were "discredited" lol

They are. Neither are active in the industry and have been effectively erased from collective memories. No one goes "Hey Remember that cool Kelly Klein Match?" Why? Because forces were exerted to effectively label her and Taeler as "crazy" or "lying"

And their claims are 100% valid. Based on my personal interactions with Jay Lethal over the years as well as comments made by others, he totally told Taeler to suck his dick for a push.

I know its PSP, but exercise some brain power before posting, gently caress.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

everybody shut up! im talking! im the one whos talking everybody shut up!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That DICK! posted:

everybody shut up! im talking! im the one whos talking everybody shut up!

I yield the floor to the most honorable THAT DICK!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Being ostracized or blacklisted from the industry for speaking out and making sexual harassment claims isn't quite the same as being discredited

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

coconono posted:

I yield the floor to the most honorable THAT DICK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnbfnpdrQVU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Hope y’all had some delicious turkey or tofurkey yesterday :D

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think we're burying the lede here, which is that Cav's a genetic freak and his balls are not normal, which means his chance of getting on the cum truck drastic go down

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

They are. Neither are active in the industry and have been effectively erased from collective memories. No one goes "Hey Remember that cool Kelly Klein Match?" Why? Because forces were exerted to effectively label her and Taeler as "crazy" or "lying"

And their claims are 100% valid. Based on my personal interactions with Jay Lethal over the years as well as comments made by others, he totally told Taeler to suck his dick for a push.

I know its PSP, but exercise some brain power before posting, gently caress.

I think your original choice of wording backfired. I've literally only just realised you meant they've been smeared to make their claims seem invalid while you, yourself, believe them.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

sticklefifer posted:

I think we're burying the lede here, which is that Cav's a genetic freak and his balls are not normal, which means his chance of getting on the cum truck drastic go down

You see cav comes from a highly educated University! So when they come out and speak to us white trash they've got to dumb themselves down

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

lol I hope everyone learned a lesson about asking for clarification instead of freaking out like a weirdo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’ve learned literally nothing

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’ve learned literally nothing

But enough about your days in school

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/realbrittbaker/status/1464291244096561153?s=21

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh cool we can go from cancel culture discourse to horny discourse

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/thejohnnyblast/status/1463111608973119497

JB has a match tonight

https://twitter.com/thejohnnyblast/status/1462934240895643654

Also he has adopted his cat equivalent and it's great

https://twitter.com/thejohnnyblast/status/1463906149862883332

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

why does adam coles shirt in the santa picture say check out my balls backwards which it would have to since the mirror shows it forwards, and how do i get this shirt