Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nucleic Acids posted:

It wasn’t exactly accepted by Biden supporters around here to, say, use his championing of the crime bill and being besties with Strom Thurmond as evidence he’s a racist, for instance.

Oh word you're saying Biden supporters weren't agreeing with whatever opponents were saying? That's a bummer and sounds like gang oppression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Fallom posted:

Oh word you're saying Biden supporters weren't agreeing with whatever opponents were saying? That's a bummer and sounds like gang oppression.

Disagreeing that Biden supported and continues to support racist stuff is like disagreeing that Monday has 6 letters in it.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Fallom posted:

Literally any attempt at using past performance to predict future efforts would be met by screaming lunatics, whether it was Biden or any other Democrat.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Nucleic Acids posted:

Literally any attempt at using past performance to predict future efforts would be met by screaming lunatics, whether it was Biden or any other Democrat.

it was, to be honest, loving bizarre as hell that we were told that we should judge biden by his current words and not his past actions. especially since if someone were to say that about trump they'd be (rightfully) called a dang fool.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Some changes to the USPS board of governors finally

https://twitter.com/sarahkendzior/status/1463518291209695240

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

omg Biden is doing an authoritarianism, he is doing a fascism

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Afaict that's not precisely accurate. It looks like Biden isn't removing the guy, he's declining to renominate him when his term expires (which, to be clear, is the correct choice).

it also seems to have been announced last week.

Tanghlerini or whatever was GSA head under Obama, so probably better than Bloom. Biden's also replacing a Republican Trump appointee (because the board statutorily has to be balanced-ish). I don't know much about either the old guy or the new guy in that slot.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 26, 2021

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Biden doing everything right once again! It's great to have someone competent in the White House again that doesn't push his own agenda too hard.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Afaict that's not precisely accurate. It looks like Biden isn't removing the guy, he's declining to renominate him when his term expires (which, to be clear, is the correct choice).

Seriously, this is how you do a politics :hai:

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

it also seems to have been announced last week.

Tanghlerini or whatever was GSA head under Obama, so probably better than Bloom. Biden's also replacing a Republican Trump appointee (because the board statutorily has to be balanced-ish). I don't know much about either the old guy or the new guy in that slot.

Tangherlini is COO of a $6 billion dollar real estate company. Bloom was also a Biden appointee and vice chairman of...a real estate company. Most likely results will be DeJoy getting outed, but privatization of the Post Office will continue on pace.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Zeron posted:

Bloom was also a Biden appointee

Bloom is a Democrat, but he was appointed by Trump.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

the_steve posted:

Shhh, you're not allowed to use a Democrat's previous words and actions against them if it makes them look bad. That's doxxing.

Perhaps address what someone actually said and contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way instead of via passive-aggressive sarcasm?
If you're going to just take a vague poo poo on nameless people and what they "allow" us to do, then to use your words: go to QCS or message a Real Mod about it. This thread isn't the place for it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Yeah the post office is under quasi parliamentary commission rules where it has a politically 'neutral' appointments process, which means you pick your favorites from the guys wearing the other color ties when its your turn. This favors the people whose opponents are the big tent party because the big tent has ghouls with a conscious and everyone else, and you have both conscientious ghouls and regular ghouls. Just like all the best bits of :britain: politics this appointments process is used for vaguely corrupt appointments to loyalists and backing groups. This is opposed to the normal US Secretary of x, where you appoint a top level administrator and everyone else gets sanded down by 30 years in the ranks to be totally milquetoast about the general mission and methods, or standard congressional procurement which is a byzantine process that only occasionally corruptly tries to manufacture a 50 gram stamped part in every state.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I think when the headline is "Democrat performs good governance that they could have easily done a while ago", it's possible to think both "good, this is a good thing that I'm glad is happening" and "why didn't this happen months ago, what were you waiting for" at the same time

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Froghammer posted:

I think when the headline is "Democrat performs good governance that they could have easily done a while ago", it's possible to think both "good, this is a good thing that I'm glad is happening" and "why didn't this happen months ago, what were you waiting for" at the same time

Yeah, in the meantime Dem ride or diers are repeating ad nauseum that Biden is powerless to do anything and claim criticism is Dems Badding ahitposting

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Froghammer posted:

Absolutely

"Three days after taking a huge reeking dump in the shared bathroom, I have decided to flush the toilet."

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

aas Bandit posted:

Perhaps address what someone actually said and contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way instead of via passive-aggressive sarcasm?
If you're going to just take a vague poo poo on nameless people and what they "allow" us to do, then to use your words: go to QCS or message a Real Mod about it. This thread isn't the place for it.

please do not backseat mod in this forum, take any concerns to PM. thank you

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Froghammer posted:

:same:

I don't understand why it's so hard to have this kind of perspective. Yea, Democrats suck but I'm still glad things are a bit better and not having a literal White Supremacist in office is a good thing.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Yea, Democrats suck but I'm still glad things are a bit better and not having a literal White Supremacist in office is a good thing.
i doubt anyone but the mods would disagree with you but like..."not a nazi" should not be the stopping point. or even the standard to live up to. you can't just not complain forever because "hey, it could be worse".
just imagine every post begins with "look, i'm glad they're not a nazi but..."

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Yeah, in the meantime Dem ride or diers are repeating ad nauseum that Biden is powerless to do anything and claim criticism is Dems Badding ahitposting

Yet during the election if you pointed out that Biden was a poo poo candidate it was met with "he's going to stop all of the bad things!" Full power now and doing loving nothing.

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

I don't understand why it's so hard to have this kind of perspective. Yea, Democrats suck but I'm still glad things are a bit better and not having a literal White Supremacist in office is a good thing.

Settling for the absolute minimum. Great progress. Biden also told black persons that they aren't black if they don't vote for him (verbatim) and that doesn't really sound like someone who is far from white supremacy.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 26, 2021

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Biden is a white supremacist

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Craig K posted:

please do not backseat mod in this forum, take any concerns to PM. thank you

Are you a mod?

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Froghammer posted:

The "could have easily been done a while ago" part is misleading. Not being reappointed at the end of his term is not something that could happen any time. It happens at the end of the term.

VitalSigns posted:

omg Biden is doing an authoritarianism, he is doing a fascism

Reactions like this one ignore the "end of term" bit, to pretend that Biden could've removed anyone from the board at any time in the middle of their term (which isn't true, it would have to be for cause).

It's been explained over and over, but will be gleefully ignored because who cares about facts if you get a chance to complain about a liberal?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

DeadlyMuffin posted:

The "could have easily been done a while ago" part is misleading. Not being reappointed at the end of his term is not something that could happen any time. It happens at the end of the term.

Reactions like this one ignore the "end of term" bit, to pretend that Biden could've removed anyone from the board at any time in the middle of their term (which isn't true, it would have to be for cause).

It's been explained over and over, but will be gleefully ignored because who cares about facts if you get a chance to complain about a liberal?

gently caress it. Fire him. Who gives a poo poo. He's literally loving up the USPS on purpose. That's obvious enough.

Let the courts sort it out. That will take months or years and the country would be better for it.

Or are the rules more important? Completely why center dems are terrible for this country. Like loving dorky rear end hall monitors.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 26, 2021

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The American political parties are "The rules matter" and "No they don't" with a tiny faction of "The rules matter" splintering off into "The other guys don't think the rules matter stop believing they do"

I'm not sure what else you expect to come out of that.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

InsertPotPun posted:

i doubt anyone but the mods would disagree with you but like..."not a nazi" should not be the stopping point. or even the standard to live up to. you can't just not complain forever because "hey, it could be worse".
just imagine every post begins with "look, i'm glad they're not a nazi but..."

Who says it's a stopping point? I'm perfectly fine with primarying moderate democrats in competitive districts.

Gucci Loafers fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 26, 2021

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

camoseven posted:

Biden is a white supremacist

I mean, so was Trump, so the choice was "Guy who has a history of White supremacy in the past" or "Guy actively promoting white supremacist and violent militia groups today, this very moment"

Difficult choice that.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 26, 2021

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

DeadlyMuffin posted:

He could have *announced* his non-support for the guy a long time ago.

Progressives have been upset about DeJoy and his supporters ever since DeJoys reign began, they have been wanting anything to show that this admin even acknowledged their concern.

And of course in this very loving thread, the obvious thing happens that always happens, instead of acknowledging all of that, Biden_Excusing.exe executes, we get the "Well actually, Biden is powerless" and it's combined with another variation of a dismissing Dems Bad accusatorial tone.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

He could have *announced* his non-support for the guy a long time ago.

Progressives have been upset about DeJoy and his supporters ever since DeJoys reign began, they have been wanting anything to show that this admin even acknowledged their concern.

And of course in this very loving thread, the obvious thing happens that always happens, instead of acknowledging all of that, Biden_Excusing.exe executes, we get the "Well actually, Biden is powerless" and it's combined with another variation of a dismissing Dems Bad accusatorial tone.

I agree that announcing it earlier would've been nice. The end result is, however, exactly the same.

And let's be honest, announcing it earlier wouldn't have helped because this is the attitude:

The Sean posted:

gently caress it. Fire him. Who gives a poo poo. He's literally loving up the USPS on purpose. That's obvious enough.

Let the courts sort it out. That will take months or years and the country would be better for it.

Or are the rules more important? Completely why center dems are terrible for this country. Like loving dorky rear end hall monitors.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

I mean, so was Trump, so the choice was "Guy who has a history of White supremacy in the past" or "Guy actively promoting white supremacist and violent militia groups today, this very moment"

Difficult choice that.

Or option C: neither.

there are other people to vote for, despite what we are told by the media. We don’t have to vote for any form of white supremacy.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Mind_Taker posted:

there are other people to vote for, despite what we are told by the media. We don’t have to vote for any form of white supremacy.

And, of course, a lot of folks pick option D - around a third of eligible voters in 2020's record-breaking election, in fact.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mind_Taker posted:

Its going to take a lot more than that to get a third party candidate not just in the race but actually taking more than enough votes to take office. Given that only half the country actually votes at all.

No third party candidate was going to win 2020, so its nice to think about, but also not happening right now. I mean, even 2024: You'd need a viable candidate to be stirring stuff right now to get not only the ground support but also the message out, and who is doing that right now other than really lovely Andrew Yang "Third Way" stuff. Last major Third Party to win a state was George Wallace in 1968.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 26, 2021

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

DeadlyMuffin posted:

oh really

https://about.usps.com/who/leadership/board-governors/ron-bloom.htm

quote:

Ron A. Bloom was nominated to the Postal Service Board of Governors by President Donald Trump, confirmed by the Senate and began his service Aug. 20, 2019. Bloom served the remainder of a seven-year term that expired Dec. 8, 2020, and is currently in a holdover year. He was unanimously elected by his fellow Governors on Feb. 9, 2021, to serve as the 24th Chairman of the Board of Governors.

:thunk:

extra lols

quote:

From 2009 to 2011, Bloom served the Obama Administration, first as a senior advisor to the Secretary of the Treasury helping to lead the U.S. auto industry restructuring following the 2008 recession. After the restructuring, he led the Treasury’s Oversight of GM and Chrysler, including GM’s Initial Public Offering — at the time the largest IPO in U.S. history. In 2011, President Obama appointed Bloom to serve as Assistant to the President on Manufacturing Policy. He provided leadership on policy development and strategic planning for the Administration’s agenda to revitalize the manufacturing sector.
HMMMMMMMMM

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Bloom is a Democrat, but he was appointed by Trump.

Sorry I wasn't very clear, I meant he worked in the Obama admin.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

Difficult choice that.

Biden repeatedly gave his support to the police during and after the Floyd protests and vowed to give them more funding and equipment and even accused Trump of wanting to defund them so I very much disagree with your characterization here.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

is pepsi ok posted:

Biden repeatedly gave his support to the police during and after the Floyd protests and vowed to give them more funding and equipment and even accused Trump of wanting to defund them so I very much disagree with your characterization here.

Again, so was Trump, and to the point that Trump was arguing Blue Cities should be treated as "Anarchist Cities". Was Biden doing that too?

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

DeadlyMuffin posted:

I agree that announcing it earlier would've been nice. The end result is, however, exactly the same.

And let's be honest, announcing it earlier wouldn't have helped because this is the attitude:

Agreed, the end result would be the same, but goddamn it's just so tone deaf to not say anything or give progressives any signs of acknowledgement about what their concerns are.

I appreciate the reply and do apologize for the initial heated response.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Yes, really.

Wikipedia posted:

The board can extend the term of a governor whose term is to expire by one year or until a successor has been confirmed

The way I read it, his term was extended an additional year. If you've got something that says he could've been replaced any time over the past year I'd be interested in seeing it.

Agreed, the end result would be the same, but goddamn it's just so tone deaf to not say anything or give progressives any signs of acknowledgement about what their concerns are.

I appreciate the reply and do apologize for the initial heated response.

Nothing to apologize for. :respek:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Yes, really.

The way I read it, his term was extended an additional year. If you've got something that says he could've been replaced any time over the past year I'd be interested in seeing it.

It says right there "or until a successor is confirmed" :shrug:, Biden appears to have declined to confirm a successor for entire year and allowed Bloom to serve as long as he is legally permitted to

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

Again, so was Trump, and to the point that Trump was arguing Blue Cities should be treated as "Anarchist Cities". Was Biden doing that too?

Yes, very obviously so. The police were already treating all protests like that regardless if it was a blue city or not and Biden was vocally supporting it. I got teargassed in my blue city not because Trump said so but because the D mayor that I voted for sent a shitload of military equipped police to box us in while we were peacefully marching.

It really sounds like you are arguing that while the results re: white supremacist militias committing violence on the population are the same under either candidate that Biden is actually better because he uses nicer words.