Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Pianist On Strike posted:

Anyone have some sugar cane they can spare? I wish Leif would at least rotate one item weekly, it's the last thing I need for my farm.

i think i have 10 in my storage, how much you need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cats
May 11, 2009

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

i think i have 10 in my storage, how much you need?

Just one is fine to get me started, thank you! Let me know if you want me to come get it or you come and drop it off. Anything I can get for you in return?

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Just one is fine to get me started, thank you! Let me know if you want me to come get it or you come and drop it off. Anything I can get for you in return?

i can come drop it off! if you have a maid costume or a white pumpkin, that'd be nice, but if not, i'd be glad to just give you one for nothin

cats
May 11, 2009

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

i can come drop it off! if you have a maid costume or a white pumpkin, that'd be nice, but if not, i'd be glad to just give you one for nothin

White pumpkins and a black maid dress are waiting for you in front of the airport! I also have the dress in brown if you want?

Dodo code is CLOSED. Feel free to shop or whatnot if you want, I might be afk. Thanks again!

cats fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 26, 2021

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I went to the Roost to grab today's coffee and there's somebody named Don at the counter. This isn't one of my villagers, and I checked the villager list on the Animal Crossing wiki and he isn't on there. So who is this?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

don is mr resetti's brother

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
Turnips are going for 583 on my island, Dodo code in the PGS thread

Timid
Dec 13, 2012

Potassium Problems posted:

Stopped by and offloaded my ‘nips, thanks!

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

Potassium Problems posted:

Thank you! You're a sanity saver!

I had just spent 3 hours total in two separate queues on Turnip Exchange only for each to disappear when I got near the front of the line! Very frustrating!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Rageaholic posted:

I went to the Roost to grab today's coffee and there's somebody named Don at the counter. This isn't one of my villagers, and I checked the villager list on the Animal Crossing wiki and he isn't on there. So who is this?

Mr Resetti’s brother. Both he and Mr Resetti showed up at the Roost on my island on separate occasions last week, and Daisy Mae went there on Sunday afternoon once she’d finished selling turnips (she’s too little to have coffee so she has a Brewster cookie instead :3:) Also this afternoon after Brewster gave me my coffee, Blathers walked in, ordered a coffee-to-go, left with it and went back to sleep in the lobby.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Timid posted:

Stopped by and offloaded my ‘nips, thanks!

DorkBot3000 posted:

Thank you! You're a sanity saver!

I had just spent 3 hours total in two separate queues on Turnip Exchange only for each to disappear when I got near the front of the line! Very frustrating!

no problem, thanks for the donations!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Mr Resetti’s brother. Both he and Mr Resetti showed up at the Roost on my island on separate occasions last week, and Daisy Mae went there on Sunday afternoon once she’d finished selling turnips (she’s too little to have coffee so she has a Brewster cookie instead :3:) Also this afternoon after Brewster gave me my coffee, Blathers walked in, ordered a coffee-to-go, left with it and went back to sleep in the lobby.

Daisy Mae is always there on Sunday afternoons from what I can tell. With her little Sablè :3:

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Anyone need any flowers? I'm doing an island remodel and have extras of all the flowers in all colors, and am happy to come and do a flower bombing. Hate to just trash them or sell them for pennies if someone needs them.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

Bonster posted:

Anyone need any flowers? I'm doing an island remodel and have extras of all the flowers in all colors, and am happy to come and do a flower bombing. Hate to just trash them or sell them for pennies if someone needs them.

Blue roses and purple windflowers would be incredibly appreciated!

Dodo: CLOSED

Anyone is welcome to join and hang around for a bit.

IkeTurner fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 27, 2021

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

IkeTurner posted:

Dodo: G92KM

Be there soon!

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

Bonster posted:

Be there soon!

Thanks for the flower delivery! I've been having the most difficult time growing these, this is a huge help.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Happy to help!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

IkeTurner posted:

Dodo: G92KM

Left some hybrid roses and tulips behind Rooney’s house for you.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

So has it been figured out that once you can order poki-bought items from your catalog, are said items catalogable/touchable? I am not at that point yet but yesterday I missed a weird science fiction tube thing and it would be a relief if rare items could be obtained through catalog parties in the future.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Left some hybrid roses and tulips behind Rooney’s house for you.

Thank you!

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

So has it been figured out that once you can order poki-bought items from your catalog, are said items catalogable/touchable? I am not at that point yet but yesterday I missed a weird science fiction tube thing and it would be a relief if rare items could be obtained through catalog parties in the future.

You'll be able to order them through Wardell

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Bonster posted:

You'll be able to order them through Wardell

So you’ll still need poki to purchase them?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

At some point, a currency exchange machine will show up in the HHP office so you can exchange bells for poki and vice versa.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yes. Poki adds up pretty quickly once you get rolling, though. If you want to be lazy, remember that all you need in the decorated rooms are the requested items - you can give them a bare room with just the requested items and they'll be happy as can be.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

the real answer to this question is that nothing is actually exclusive to the poki shop (everything can also show up in nooks) which also means that yes you can order anything you get there from the normal catalogue

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Bonster posted:

Yes. Poki adds up pretty quickly once you get rolling, though. If you want to be lazy, remember that all you need in the decorated rooms are the requested items - you can give them a bare room with just the requested items and they'll be happy as can be.

Though if you're trying to up your rank for higher payouts, you need to spend 20 minutes (being idle doesn't count) decorating so the villager will give you a wallpaper/floor. Well, at least until you've gotten 45 gifts then you can stop unless you really want to gamble on them giving you the correct item.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Actually, if you really just want to cheese poki grinding remodeling houses is the way to go.

1) Go to an animal's house
2) Start the remodel
3) Don't change anything and finish the remodel
4) Tap B until the fly-through animation aborts
5) Collect half your design fee for <5 minutes worth of work

You can also do this with facilities, but it seems to cap out at 5k per remodel while houses quickly outpace that.

cats
May 11, 2009

Nemo2342 posted:

Though if you're trying to up your rank for higher payouts, you need to spend 20 minutes (being idle doesn't count) decorating so the villager will give you a wallpaper/floor. Well, at least until you've gotten 45 gifts then you can stop unless you really want to gamble on them giving you the correct item.

20 minutes must be longer than I thought, it feels like I spend forever on each house since I'm actually terrible at decorating/super indecisive, but I haven't gotten a single gift yet. Might have to set a timer today, lol.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah I just unlocked the roommate option and getting the monkey to request materials for DIY (although I just dropped stuff off so he hasn’t done any yet). I actually spend a decent amount of time on remodels, so that’s why I’m being slow.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

20 minutes must be longer than I thought, it feels like I spend forever on each house since I'm actually terrible at decorating/super indecisive, but I haven't gotten a single gift yet. Might have to set a timer today, lol.

You have to talk them on the beach after for them to give you the wallpaper, flooring or rug.

cats
May 11, 2009

Nessa posted:

You have to talk them on the beach after for them to give you the wallpaper, flooring or rug.

Welp. Good to know!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Nessa posted:

I've had the best luck getting a gift from them if they're sitting down on the beach or the bench or wooden swing.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.

I’ve noticed when I finish decorating a house, the villager will usually have extra dialogue talking about how I spent a lot of time on it. The only one who didn’t was Caroline and that was because I changed my mind about her house location and spent very little time decorating the outside. :v:

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
While I still have my island open, if anyone has some sugar cane starters they'd like to share that would be quite appreciated.

Dodo: CLOSED

Please let me know if there was anything you're looking for that I could share in return. Thanks!

Edit: Closed. I'll open up the island again later today if anyone would like to do some trades. Thanks.

IkeTurner fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Nov 27, 2021

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Butt Detective posted:

I’ve noticed when I finish decorating a house, the villager will usually have extra dialogue talking about how I spent a lot of time on it. The only one who didn’t was Caroline and that was because I changed my mind about her house location and spent very little time decorating the outside. :v:

for what it's worth, you can just talk to the little monkey guy, quit out of building the house, and find the villager on the beach/wherever again and start over, if you decide you don't like the location you chose. they'll still be there and there's no like, penalty of any kind. wish it was easier/faster to change locations, but at least you can do it at all.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

SilentChaz posted:

I've had the best luck getting a gift from them if they're sitting down on the beach or the bench or wooden swing.

I just use the app to teleport back to their house and talk to them there.

I have to use a timer because at this point unless a theme really inspires me “forever” ends up being about 15 minutes and I don’t want to go back and just page through menus for 20 minutes.

Also, as mentioned the animal will comment about how much time you took/how much effort you gave if you took long enough to qualify for a gift. It’s a second dialog box that pops up after their initial gushing about how awesome their new home is.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Was there a reason to buy turnips again after the latest update? A new cooking recipe that uses turnips or something?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

nesbit37 posted:

Was there a reason to buy turnips again after the latest update? A new cooking recipe that uses turnips or something?

Daisy Mae will send 4 recipes in the mail after you buy turnips from her. Two of them require turnips. The Senmaizuke Barrel item (and by extension, Stacked Senmaizuke Barrels) also need turnips to craft.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
The four recipes are one at a time so need to buy for four weeks to get them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I get a huge serotonin boost when the villager I'm building for gives me the extra "wow, you spent so much time on this!" dialogue. Does that mean they can give me a present later? I don't even care lol