Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Lacrosse posted:

Huh didn't think they'd actually do anything given that Covid is endemic now and therefore over

yup lmao they must be looking at truly insane numbers to force them to do this so quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

isn’t it too late to implement travel restrictions for those countries now that we have confirmed cases in Europe and Israel

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

not without letting one more squeak in under the wire

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Crazypoops posted:

I have a crazy idea, maybe we should do something

what, why

covid is over idiot

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
lmao that stocks are falling on a Black Friday, a day that companies are usually comfy with everyone buying poo poo

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Will Biden go radio silent for three weeks like he did in March of 2020?

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

corona familiar posted:

isn’t it too late to implement travel restrictions for those countries now that we have confirmed cases in Europe and Israel

duh that's why they're happening now lol

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Louisgod posted:

the fact the us restricted things THE DAY OF means this is going to be really really really bad

has it even been like 3 hours since a lot of the info came out about it

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

inferis posted:

not without letting one more squeak in under the wire

Hahahahaha

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Louisgod posted:

the fact the us restricted things THE DAY OF means this is going to be really really really bad

I used to be pretty gung-ho about the US never locking down again but after today I believe that anything is possible

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

duh that's why they're happening now lol

ah yes ok

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

mawarannahr posted:

I can’t believe I have to fly back to the US out of Istanbul next week, via Germany. lmao

a good chance to pick up something to bring home from frankfurt

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

you are in the back seat of a car flying down a darkened rural highway at night. the driver is arguing with the person in the passenger's seat about whether a number should go up or if it should go up instead. in the headlights, a large animal of some sort steps onto the road. "slow down," you say, but the driver keeps their foot on the gas. "we don't know what it is yet," they reply, foot lowering to the floor. "you say it's a moose, but it could be a deer, or even a raccoon." the passenger denies that an animal exists at all, and the driver calls you a doomer before ignoring your further pleas in favor of further bickering with the passenger. the car's engine shrieks as the tachometer redlines and the wooly mammoth grows ever larger in the windshield. "lol," you think. "lmao."

if this experience gives you deja vu, turn to page March 2020.
if you pull out your phone and start posting in cspam, turn to page 42069.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Crazypoops posted:

I have a crazy idea, maybe we should do something

hte gently caress???????

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Wait are we doing bean boarding again? Can someone give me a tldr version? I hate to be That Guy but I’m now truly busy dealing with multiple family members in the hospital from Covid, including uncle who is probably dying today, while trying to keep my boyfriend alive at home with long Covid. :supaburn:

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

What's gonna happen to that plane that is literally in midair going from SA to Newark?

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I'm actually freaking out because 18 months ago no one reacted this quick. I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

I just stocked up on masks and supplies this morning.

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo
The US isn't doing anything until Monday I don't think, and even then just for non citizens

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Louisgod posted:

it could also be just the difference between the trump and biden admins

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

NeonPunk posted:

What's gonna happen to that plane that is literally in midair going from SA to Newark?

it doesn’t take off for another hour so we’ll see

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

meet girls at the store posted:

Wait are we doing bean boarding again? Can someone give me a tldr version? I hate to be That Guy but I’m now truly busy dealing with multiple family members in the hospital from Covid, including uncle who is probably dying today, while trying to keep my boyfriend alive at home with long Covid. :supaburn:

tl;dr of what? The new variant? Bean storage methods?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

corona familiar posted:

were back to flatten the curve here

(there are already hundreds if not thousands of cases in the US that we just haven't found yet)

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

NeonPunk posted:

upon landing passengers will be asked to remove their masks and roam freely of their own volition, telling people “it’s just allergies”

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

your multiple hospitalized family members have quaint weak li'l ol covid

the omicron era is dawning, all hail omicron

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
drat

what a terrible time to be without health insurance lol!!! :tif:

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Platystemon posted:

tl;dr of what? The new variant? Bean storage methods?

Like do I need to leave the ICU waiting room to go buy beans or what? Is this March 2020 again?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

New variant is somewhere between 30% worse and 500% worse, the vaccines we have might not affect it at all, and it's bad enough that the US is immediately implementing travel restrictions. You definitely want a bean hoard in case it's anywhere close to the worst-case scenario. But mass panic hasn't started yet so if you're in the ICU waiting for your uncle to die, probably OK to stay there.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Capital is spooked by this variant. That's the big thing to be aware of right now.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

on the other hand, team "let it go endemic" must be ecstatic

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Haha holy gently caress i Wish I could send this post back to myself in March 2020 to read lmao

Sorry about your family and all that but jfc lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

NeonPunk posted:

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

just a reminder that d&d was two days ago explaining away this variant as a likely nothingburger

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

lol can't wait for the 2022 variant with 57 mutations that cause you to infect people through merely looking at them

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

the optimism before the fall :/

https://twitter.com/DataDrivenMD/status/1464289750894866433?s=20

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Pour one out for the Biden administration lanyard-holders who have to workshop how to blame this on the unvaccinated over the holiday weekend.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

NeonPunk posted:

it'll be shot down like United 93 was.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Going to go against thread orthodoxy and suggest stockpiling bean flours and nutritional yeast, don't mess about with actual beans

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Tl:dr version. Your immunity from Delta probably more than not gonna protect you from Omicron.

500% more transmissivity than Delta, possible r0 of 36

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

LOL

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1464308493482176516?t=fn3LHdRWuzEWjNoy1qtArw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

good week from a standpoint of doom