Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Freaquency posted:

Stuffing is a C-tier thanksgiving side and I’m skipping it for all of the other delicious foods anyway

it's impossible to be more wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Toaster Beef posted:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Toaster Beef posted:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Nah, he's right. It's pretty much just wet bread. Like it's not awful but there's so much other stuff I'd rather have.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Stuffing is great if you do it right.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
People who don't like stuffing might as well say "my white family can't season for poo poo"

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Nah I just don’t understand wanting soggy-rear end bread when the fresh hot dinner rolls are right there

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The turkey itself is the most disposable dish at thanksgiving. Everything else is a superior vehicle for spices, butter and gravy.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Eat whatever food you like and enjoy.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

if your stuffing is wet bread then that's on you

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I guess if you're talking about stuffing that comes straight out of the bird and hits the table, sure, it's a gooey mess. But if you're not baking some stuffing separately (or even just baking off the stuffing that sat in the turkey), you're missing out on a delicious heterogeneous plate of toasted bread, savory seasonings, and vegetables.

A while back I decided to try adding crumbled toasted spicy Italian sausage into my stuffing and the result is a side you can't keep on the goddamn table because it's passed around and gone so fast.

word:

hifi posted:

if your stuffing is wet bread then that's on you

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Freaquency posted:

Stuffing is a C-tier thanksgiving side and I’m skipping it for all of the other delicious foods anyway

Kalli posted:

The turkey itself is the most disposable dish at thanksgiving. Everything else is a superior vehicle for spices, butter and gravy.

jesus how bad were your mothers at cooking

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

Its true.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I am normally not a huge turkey person (I always go for the brisket), but the turkey I made last night was amazing, which was inevitable considering how much herb butter was in/on it

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I always do Thanksgiving with my mom’s side of the family, and my aunt and cousin consistently make phenomenal turkey and ham, so I just load up on that with a few dinner rolls and usually don’t get a lot of the other stuff they’ll make, which I’m told is always very good.

Also they have an awesome cat named Zelda, which is important to enjoying the holiday:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
You know what also is wet bread? Biscuits and gravy!

Checkmate nerds :smugdog:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Nobody in my family will let me attempt to fry a turkey because all the idiots that start fires have them too scared. One of these years I need to just go rogue.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I'm pretty sure I even ate some bones in our fried turkey yesterday, and I Capital Letters Did Not Care.

Brings to mind that recurring bit from Andy Richter's old sitcom (different timestamps)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbElhWGLWyE&t=231s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbElhWGLWyE&t=435s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbElhWGLWyE&t=625s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbElhWGLWyE&t=955s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbElhWGLWyE&t=1198s

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

I didn't care about stuffing until my sister found a recipe and made it with rye bread. It is always a hit.

Also pretty sure the first good turkey I had was making Alton Brown's recipe (overnight brine, super hot oven for the first half-hour, aromatic stuff in the cavity + aluminum foil on the breast to keep it from overcooking). My mom's go-to method was remove turkey from packaging and put into the 350 degree oven until that red thing pops up to alert you it is beyond saving.

My parents have gotten better about food over time, but there are still some midwest food crimes being committed on a regular basis. Hanging out with them this year after not seeing them for so long was a reminder that some people have salt sitting on the table for meals. My dad is still conditioned to grab the salt shaker and put it on everything on his plate before tasting anything.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GD_American posted:

jesus how bad were your mothers at cooking

Turkey's fine, it's just a middling protein, whereas every single side dish at thanksgiving is god's gift to delectable weight gain.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
what a good loving day yall

i love all of you

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Are we just to assume SDSU did something cool?

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

You know what also is wet bread? Biscuits and gravy!

Checkmate nerds :smugdog:

Oooh I think I just figured out what I’m making for breakfast on Sunday.

Pops Mgee posted:

Nobody in my family will let me attempt to fry a turkey because all the idiots that start fires have them too scared. One of these years I need to just go rogue.

My friend is getting a free turkey from work and I’m trying to convince everyone to fry it. I have the burner and propane, just let me do it at the end of the driveway or something if you’re scared!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I need a bad gift for christmas this year and I think my best idea is a musical door bell loaded with this riff when you hit it:

https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1464334820297826316

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
D-Link: the Dallas terminal is doing some small renovations and here is where a door used to be. Thoughts?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I enjoyed the first Venom but found the sequel to be so drat boring, despite having one of the cooler villains from what I remember from my Sega Spider-Man games

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Of course the mrcp I graciously stayed late to scan last night tested positive for covid today. Pointless study, why the gently caress does an alt of 162 make you think they have choledocolithiasis? Anyway, I am already dead from the omicron as we speak.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The only way I've thoroughly enjoyed turkey was when my uncle deep fried it, and alas I'm still a little too scared to attempt that.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Picked up a bag of Reeses tree candy at the grocery store this week before spending the weekend on edibles and boy was that a pro move

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

seiferguy posted:

The only way I've thoroughly enjoyed turkey was when my uncle deep fried it, and alas I'm still a little too scared to attempt that.

If you know how to thaw any meat properly then it’s basically a non-issue

They explode because people took them out of the freezer the night before and figure it was close enough

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

Air frying a Turkey is super easy if you’re just really careful.

Alternatively get an electric fryer, it’s not quite as good as a real fried Turkey but it’s pretty close.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

If you know how to thaw any meat properly then it’s basically a non-issue

They explode because people took them out of the freezer the night before and figure it was close enough

Or slam dunk them in a too full bucket

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I have purchased the board game "Unfathomable" and look forward to playing it

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

a neat cape posted:

i love all of you

Congrats on the sex?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Lol, getting 2nd accounts of the horrific political fights that went down at Thanksgiving dinner with the relatives we normally go to. I guess that's what happens when we're not there to shut down the fights before they start.

Sounds like the CHUD cousins got into a hell of a fight with my aunt's family.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

a neat cape posted:

i love all of you

I had to cut my Thanksgiving vacation short because I tested positive for COVID so............disagree

(I feel fine, I guess vaccines work????)

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Pops Mgee posted:

Do the Alton ladder method, it's pretty much foolproof. I went rogue one year and now I just fry the turkey. Bonus you have a giant vat of oil to do other fried sides.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

C-Euro posted:

I had to cut my Thanksgiving vacation short because I tested positive for COVID so............disagree

(I feel fine, I guess vaccines work????)

Don't worry, unicron variant evades all current immunity.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

i tested negative after a coworker whom i was in close contact with tested positive

triple vaxx 1
double vaxx 0

:fsmug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Tesla is a loving cult.

https://twitter.com/mcclure111/status/1464392421161246721?s=20