Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you afraid of the number 13?
This poll is closed.
Yes, because that's how many Super Bowls Tom Brady will ultimately win. 1 10.00%
No, because 7 8 9 and 10! That 7 is way more scarier. :dadjoke: 2 20.00%
After everything that happened in 2020, 13 is the least scariest thing imaginable. 2 20.00%
I like turtles and/or internet polls. 5 50.00%
Total: 10 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Braksgirl posted:

Wow, you're just gonna roll up in here and choose violence tonight, huh?

I think it's sweet that you're showing solidarity with SB by losing just so he doesn't feel so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Braksgirl posted:

Wow, you're just gonna roll up in here and choose violence tonight, huh?

I don't know what this means, but for clarification it is mainly driven by your opponent which we have little control over, so if you have the 2nd highest score for the week and lose to the highest you would gain the maximum amount of bad luck for that week since you would have won ~ 95% of the time assuming a different random opponent, but lost. Basically any time you win without the highest score for the week or lose without the lowest score for the week it will nudge you one direction or the other.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Hey, last year I was extremely lucky in this league until the playoffs. This year is just karma balancing out.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm surprised I've been lucky as an 8-2 team with Cordarelle Patterson as the closest thing to a first-string RB I've had on my roster this season

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Woohoo, I was able to claim Baker Mayfield's ghost, a sadly objective improvement on my previous QB situation

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

ShakeZula posted:

Woohoo, I was able to claim Baker Mayfield's ghost, a sadly objective improvement on my previous QB situation

You know what they say, one man's trash is another man's objective improvement.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

chrix posted:

You know what they say, one man's trash is another man's objective improvement.

*whispers* I put in an unsuccessful waiver claim for that same ghost of Baker.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I considered it but figured a half-dead Tua was already worth about as much as a half-dead Baker.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

I considered it but figured a half-dead Tua was already worth about as much as a half-dead Baker.

I apparently like to have many bad QBs on roster. Kyler Murray texted me a few weeks ago and told me he wanted to "make this difficult for me".

It's sort of like how you like to pick up and drop kickers. Speaking of which... shouldn't you be picking up Chris Blewitt (not on an NFL team) or Brian Johnson right about now? Then dropping them for like... Ka'imi Fairbairn? And then dropping him for like... I don't know, the ghost of Younghoe Koo? I'm disappointed.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

More bored at work stats:

How far from your expected wins you are, based on your rank order by points each individual week. A negative number means you have been somewhat unlucky and are below your expected wins, while a positive number means you have been lucky and are above your expected wins. For example, Boudin Ballers is currently the unluckiest person in the league and should have 4.21 wins instead of 2, while Placeholder Name as the luckiest should have 6.05 wins instead of 8. It is not perfect because it assumes the schedule is truely random and does not take divisions and such into account, but it is good enough. The household that gets unlucky together stays together?

code:
1.95  	Place
1.58	Akron
1.42	Rated R
1.37	Flowers
1.11	Naptown
0.89	Electric
0.53	Kraft
0.53	Wash
0.53	Slug
0.47	Baller
0.11	Lock
-0.21	High
-0.37	Deflated
-0.74	SPIN
-0.79	NEDN
-0.95	Discount
-1.37	SEA
-1.74	PoM
-2.11	Taco
-2.21	Boudin

I dispute anything that suggests I’ve been any sort of lucky.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

is everyone still active in this league? if anyone's abandoned their team, I'm willing to take over. I think I'm first on the wait list.

hope you all have a good holiday season.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I love Jonathan Taylor

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

ShakeZula posted:

I love Jonathan Taylor

Well then why don't you marry him!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I would like to thank Colt McCoy for helping me secure the W this week.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

The good news is I'm only one game out of the division lead, and would make the playoffs if they started today.

The bad news is I'm going to get brutally stomped this week by the division leader, and my tenuous grasp on the postseason will be lost

I'm tempted to offer a trade of my entire team for your entire team, Jonathan Taylor and Justin Jefferson look like monsters right now

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm tempted to offer a trade of my entire team for your entire team, Jonathan Taylor and Justin Jefferson look like monsters right now

They are peaking at the right time. Even as a Colts fan I never expected these numbers from Taylor.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

In keeping with this festive occasion, for one week only my team is now the Turkeytown Turkletons.

Experience the Turk.

*gobogbolgboglbg*

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Tony Romo division, best division

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Hey I won. Woohoo!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Is Placeholder Name here? Do they like trades? If so then boy howdy!

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 26, 2021

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Me: "Tony Jones Jr. Can't be worse than Alex Collins let's plug him in and see what happens."

:stonk:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

21 points off my kicker? Sure, why not

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

E: wrong thread!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

So does anyone want to offer me a functional RB before the trade deadline next week?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

So does anyone want to offer me a functional RB before the trade deadline next week?

I just cut all star Adrian Peterson. Go nuts.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

What ye be givin?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Think the only players I could conceivably move are Hollywood or Tyreek. I'd be looking for a downgrade at wr and a solid RB in return but not sure what that looks like in this league given that I think only 1 or 2 teams have any sort of depth. :sweatdrop:

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Pretty close one between me and Placeholder.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Turkletoooooons!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Tony Romo division is spicy as hell. Three 8-4 teams at the top.

Hard to see myself overtaking Peppercorns for the lead though, that team is just too good.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ShakeZula posted:

Hard to see myself overtaking Peppercorns for the lead though, that team is just too good.

Yeah, right now Placeholder Name has captured the Namath championship, Turkletons has clinched a playoff spot (likely the division too but not just yet) in the AFC. No clinches yet in the NFC.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Yeah, right now Placeholder Name has captured the Namath championship, Turkletons has clinched a playoff spot (likely the division too but not just yet) in the AFC. No clinches yet in the NFC.

I'm stunned to be at 9-3 right now. My rbs have been trash from day one and I've been swinging from backup to backup like Tarzan only it looks like I'm about out of vines.

Of course if last year taught me anything it's that a mid-tier team can go all the way on intensely stupid luck and one insane player performance. :sweatdrop:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

I'd agree with this if it were week 8, but my receivers have crashed to earth lately.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

I'd agree with this if it were week 8, but my receivers have crashed to earth lately.

My team has been trash, albeit lucky, since Robert Woods went down. It's going to be tough for me to win another game, but we'll see.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

I dropped Antonio Brown because he has yet again proven himself to be a loving dirtbag. It was a mistake to even have him on my team. He does not represent the Fraisers' brand. The Bucs should cut him and no other NFL team should sign him. No one should pick him up in this league either.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

:yikes:

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
LASER-FOCUSED

https://twitter.com/picksixpod/status/1159948580448174081?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I don't have space for Gardner Minshew, but you, random person reading this, you might need to pick up future Eagles QB1 Gardner Minshew!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

As an Eagles fan, it is my job to hoard him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

I don't have space for Gardner Minshew, but you, random person reading this, you might need to pick up future Eagles QB1 Gardner Minshew!

I have Taysom Hill, I have all the swagger I need.