Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Judakel posted:

i think this one is just waiting to come out as a terf

basically, just tapping their feet in earnest just to shout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Azathoth posted:

this would be the least surprising reveal ever

its the great trap waiting all white feminists. "no but wait hear me out"

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Singal sucks rear end

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
my dream for feminism is that one day we can have articles that aren't written for the cis scum cowards

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Reminder that singal still believes that rapid onset gender dysphoria actually exists despite it being so flawed that no reputable medical organisation acknowledges it's existence

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Seems to be a theme with terfs of rapidly making up their own pseudoscience and believing it be true at a rate very similar to crystal woo kooks and other alternative medicine types.

Has anyone tried to push the horse paste as the cure for being trans

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Terfs think dysphoria can be alleviated through talking therapy alone lmao

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Ash Crimson posted:

Terfs think dysphoria can be alleviated through talking therapy alone lmao

terf talking therapy is just the cop from freakzoid saying "cut it out"

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Seems to be a theme with terfs of rapidly making up their own pseudoscience and believing it be true at a rate very similar to crystal woo kooks and other alternative medicine types.

selling anti-trans pills, $50 a bottle

you can't prove sugar doesn't prevent trans

tragick
Apr 2, 2003

I have to use a lot of descriptive insults to give voice to my inner pain.

That WaPo article is loving terrible of course. Cites the bogus ROGD "studies" and poo poo. She's claiming on twitter that it can't be transphobic because she does treat some trans kids and "has a trans friend" (got a self-hating+old trans person to consult/co-author or whatever). Currently being love bombed by TERFs and other assorted sociopaths, while on any other day if they learned she treats trans kids and does sometimes prescribe hormones, they'd harass her for days.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Peanut President posted:

terf talking therapy is just the cop from freakzoid saying "cut it out"

hey, at least that cop could get along with freakazoid. and it even worked on the warners.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

No horse piss is the cure for being trans already, they can use the rest of the horse for other ills

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
https://mobile.twitter.com/HJoyceGender/status/1464704480872652801

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

This sucks poo poo as well

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

do you just cum every time you post terf poo poo or what

anyway checked her twitter and it's 100% TERF poo poo, proving the curse holds true

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

do you just cum every time you post terf poo poo or what

anyway checked her twitter and it's 100% TERF poo poo, proving the curse holds true

She's part of the group that believes there's a conspiracy to "trans kids" funded a by a (mainly) jewish cabal of billionaires

So a totally normal individual who definitely doesn't hate trans people

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
https://twitter.com/christapeterso/status/1416599964214448130?s=20

very normal poo poo

that someguytt didn't mention for some reason

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
political lesbian Julie Bindel very concerned about trans women accessing women's services

https://twitter.com/bindelj/status/1464856383149457411?s=20

DO NOT read the comments, just full of hate and bile for trans people

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Personally I hold Bindel and the guardian editorship fully responsible for being where we are when it comes to trans people. Constant media hysteria, recycling gay panic against trans people.

Makes me pretty mad. I wonder what second wavers would be sharpening their blades over if it wasn't trans people.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

My guess is GBQI stuff, SWERF poo poo, or Qanon

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

all aboard choo choo chugga chugga

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I don't know much about terf poo poo but it seems like it's basically just homophobia repackaged. like it the same "nazis were gay" and "they actively recruit on college campuses" poo poo just like about trans people instead of gay people

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Some of the TERFs do also get into common homophobia. Recently saw a thing from everyone's least favourite 90s comedy writer you know I mean Linehan claiming that a gay man adopting a child with his husband is "erasing women". And drag acts are misogynistic, cis men with pink hair are misogynistic, most of the cis men they go after just happen to be gay. Just take a standard evangelical sermon about gays and replace "sinful" with "misogynistic", and you're good to go.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
true or false drag is blackface for transpeople

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

tokin opposition posted:

My guess is GBQI stuff, SWERF poo poo, or Qanon

probably in that order too

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

who cares lmao

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Some Guy TT posted:

Yes but only when it's boring and palpable to heteros

Looking at u, RuPaul

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Some Guy TT posted:

true

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
https://mobile.twitter.com/nytopinion/status/1465013401613221903

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

I think we should find a middle ground between abortion bans and abortion mandates. My centrist position is that abortion should be optional, and freely available.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Uh I'm pretty sure the middle ground is half abortion, half-off

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

we only abort XY babies

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Dr. Stab posted:

I think we should find a middle ground between abortion bans and abortion mandates. My centrist position is that abortion should be optional, and freely available.

abortions for some, little american flags for others

they were right all along

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
women: good or bad??

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

swimsuit posted:

women: good or bad??

they're all baddies :hehe:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
There seems to be a tend with progressive movements that once they get successful enough, the opposition realises they can't be open about it anymore, so they just adopt the same language and trappings and clumsily turn it back against them; see also 'Liberals are the REAL racists!' and the general idea that problems weren't real until those troublemakers insisted on talking about them. This unfortunately can be an effective tactic due to :decorum:.

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There seems to be a tend with progressive movements that once they get successful enough, the opposition realises they can't be open about it anymore, so they just adopt the same language and trappings and clumsily turn it back against them; see also 'Liberals are the REAL racists!' and the general idea that problems weren't real until those troublemakers insisted on talking about them. This unfortunately can be an effective tactic due to :decorum:.

if it makes u feel any better, racist dudes hate the "the left are the real racists" trope as much as we do

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

hay-zeus christo

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Ghost Leviathan posted:

looking forward to the first terf to read judith butler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.

I would recommend they listen to the Bruenig's podcast, see if that helps.