Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

You know, if this has an additional HDMI input of some kind, this device might actually have a decent purpose as an additional portable screen I could throw into my laptop bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Sakurazuka posted:

I honestly never noticed it but maybe it isn't as bad in the PS4 version

It is extremely noticeable with Sonic imo

LemonLimeSoda
Jan 23, 2020
Wiggler's cheer animations in the new Mario Golf update are hilarious

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I may also boot up Dead Cells, the stakes are far lower in that versus Hades, and I remember the combat being pretty fun. I have a ton of things to unlock in it too.

for whatever reason i found hades to be much more chill than dead cells. maybe because for the first 500 hours, dying meant progressing a bunch of conversations and potentially unlocking stuff, instead of losing resources and just restarting.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Willo567 posted:

It is extremely noticeable with Sonic imo

I'm used to the PAL version of Sonic running 20% slower so maybe that's why lol

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I think I have some weird baseline input lag with the Switch on my TV... I'm wondering if this is a common problem, and maybe any additional input lag issues with certain games/emulation are compounding and making it godawful?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Martman posted:

I think I have some weird baseline input lag with the Switch on my TV... I'm wondering if this is a common problem, and maybe any additional input lag issues with certain games/emulation are compounding and making it godawful?

Is the joycon signal disrupted? I had my switch dock behind my TV and input issues stopped when I moved it to the open space.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Try switching your TV to Game mode, if it isn't already. I think that disables some of the upscaling/image processing most HDTVs do in exchange for less input lag.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol this basically does nothing to fix any of the problems with the Switch, and introduces a dozen different issues with usability.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
There are no problems with the Switch

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I said come in! posted:

lol this basically does nothing to fix any of the problems with the Switch, and introduces a dozen different issues with usability.

ive always wanted a switch version of one of those Game Boy Booster things

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Commander Keene posted:

Try switching your TV to Game mode, if it isn't already. I think that disables some of the upscaling/image processing most HDTVs do in exchange for less input lag.
Hmm I'll try that, although for whatever reasons it seems to interact perfectly nicely with my Xbox. Will try experimenting with the Switch's position too.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Because the Switch isn't heavy enough.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Just picked up the Castlevania Advance collection and I'm having a hell of a good time with Circle of the Moon. I bought Portrait of Ruin ages ago and never finished it, but otherwise I've barely played Castlevania before. Controls feel nice and chunky and graphics look fantastic on a TV. Save states are much appreciated because I'm terrible at platformers. Planning to save Aria for last because people seem to like it the most. Hopefully they'll update the DS games too because I'd like to finish Portrait someday. It's easy to see why people are crazy for these games, the feel and sense of style are so strong.

beer gas canister fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Nov 27, 2021

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
Finally put in a pre-order for physical release (due sometime in 2022) of Binding of Isaac: Repentance.

Yes, it cost about $10 more than digital of Afterbirth plus Reptenance when converted to Dollarydoos, but Isaac's mother is worth getting away from.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

b_d posted:

for whatever reason i found hades to be much more chill than dead cells. maybe because for the first 500 hours, dying meant progressing a bunch of conversations and potentially unlocking stuff, instead of losing resources and just restarting.

Thing is I’ve got most conversations now and just need blood and furniture. The other problem is I had a streak and you need focus to win at higher heats. Still I could try I guess. It is a very good game.

Fell Seal is turning out to be very playable while on the phone.

Shadski
Jun 1, 2011
Pillars of eternity is on a pretty steep discount, heard it was a train wreck on release, is it playable now?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I've heard the Switch port is still pretty bad and the devs have stopped supporting it at this point.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shadski posted:

Pillars of eternity is on a pretty steep discount, heard it was a train wreck on release, is it playable now?

nope, they even said they won't patch it any further because they can't so it will remain broken forever

e: like, it is so broken it's honestly unethical to even keep it up on the store now that they've said they won't fix anything

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Any news about potential Mario Party Superstars DLC? 5 boards is inadequate

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

beer gas canister posted:

Just picked up the Castlevania Advance collection and I'm having a hell of a good time with Circle of the Moon. I bought Portrait of Ruin ages ago and never finished it, but otherwise I've barely played Castlevania before. Controls feel nice and chunky and graphics look fantastic on a TV. Save states are much appreciated because I'm terrible at platformers. Planning to save Aria for last because people seem to like it the most. Hopefully they'll update the DS games too because I'd like to finish Portrait someday. It's easy to see why people are crazy for these games, the feel and sense of style are so strong.

Yeah three mentriodvanias for the price of one can't be beat.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

bowmore posted:

Any news about potential Mario Party Superstars DLC? 5 boards is inadequate

Me and my Super Mario Party say gently caress off

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Got an OLED switch last week and the left joycon just decides to lose sync when it's docked with the unit-- somwtimes in the middle of a game, somwtimes after being in the charger. Battery life is also pretty bad on it.

Is it RMa time??

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Anyone having issues with downloading games today? I bought a few games and they just aren't appearing at my home screen. Even if I go back to the eshop to manually download or go to redownload software to manually select them, they aren't appearing.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Butterfly Valley posted:

Me and my Super Mario Party say gently caress off
Super Mario Party is dead, long live Mario Party Superstars

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Is Wolfenstein 2 worth $12 during this sale?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Shadski posted:

It's strictly more playable now than it was at release, but the developer and publisher of the port are both grossly incompetent and I wouldn't recommend it unless you have to play PoE and the Switch is the only way you can play it, and even then only on deep discount.

What's especially frustrating about PoE is that it's not immediately obvious that it's a bad port. At launch the game was "fine" aside from long load times, but the longer you played the more likely it was to crash or bug out, and some of the problems that would come up would persist in a save file.

PoE was patched a handful of times in its first year of release, but every time a new version came out they would inexplicably introduce new bugs that weren't there previously. About a year ago they released the "final" patch which was 10 GB in size because they recompressed all the assets to resolve some performance issues. That "final" patch broke the ranger companion--they simply wouldn't appear in the game--making the ranger class useless. They ended up patching that version with one that fixed the ranger, but inexplicably made all the character models white. So now there's a final-final-final patch that fixes that, but it's anyone's guess whether all the spells actually cast and stats actually work.

I bought the game on a 10% presale discount due to encouraging reviews. Wouldn't say that I'm satisfied.

ExcessBLarg! fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 27, 2021

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

mdemone posted:

Is Wolfenstein 2 worth $12 during this sale?

It's a good price for it if you enjoyed the previous game, tho if you have a different platform to play it on that'd be the better option. They did a good job getting it to run alright on the switch hardware but they had to make a bunch of compromises to make it playable.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wolfenstein 2 isn’t very good even when you can see what’s going on I can’t imagine the Switch version being good

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

FilthyImp posted:

Got an OLED switch last week and the left joycon just decides to lose sync when it's docked with the unit-- somwtimes in the middle of a game, somwtimes after being in the charger. Battery life is also pretty bad on it.

Is it RMa time??

I would def get a warranty check on that I got mine a month ago and it’s solid as gently caress by the employee told me she’d already fielded several refunds or replacements

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

hatty posted:

Wolfenstein 2 isn’t very good even when you can see what’s going on I can’t imagine the Switch version being good

I just played through it on PC and had a blast. It was much better than New Order imo.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

I would def get a warranty check on that I got mine a month ago and it’s solid as gently caress by the employee told me she’d already fielded several refunds or replacements

For the Switch or the joycons. Mine did this once and I’m worried it may be the Switch.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yeah Wolf 2 slaps but I couldn’t imagine how ugly it’d look on Switch

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what's the appeal of golf story? been playing it a few hours and it's not really clicking. the golf's fairly easy and the story's not much. what am i missing?

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

abelwingnut posted:

what's the appeal of golf story? been playing it a few hours and it's not really clicking. the golf's fairly easy and the story's not much. what am i missing?

The golfing will get more difficult once you pass the first course. Also I think the writing is good. NPCs standing around the course have a lot to say

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

gotcha.

also:

https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1464616260164071426

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hell yeah

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

abelwingnut posted:

It gets a bit tougher later but it's mostly for the fun gimmick of the RPG/golf combination and the jokey writing

Apparently it's basically an homage to one of the Mario Golf GBA games which was structured the same way. apparently there was a PC Engine/TG16 Tennis game which also had a similar gimmick though Idk if that one got an English release

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

for some reason this thread really likes golf story but the secret is that it's not very good when there are so many other games to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Zelda 64!? :airquote: