Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

gently caress you for loving pupkin

Thank you for loving pupkin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What the gently caress even is loving?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Push El Burrito posted:

Start posting Pupkin again from the beginning.

I've always got a playthru of Friends on my queue. When I reach the end of Season 10 Episode 18? It's right back to Season 1 Episode 1.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Post pupkin in reverse. Nikpup.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I've always got a playthru of Friends on my queue. When I reach the end of Season 10 Episode 18? It's right back to Season 1 Episode 1.
You are a sick, deranged person

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I feel like a more complete person for having experienced Pupkin

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
pupkin is the perfect example of weird outsider art I think.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It definitely is an example of the Powerup Comix manifesto of webcomics being raw, weird, and unfiltered. Half the reason the entire medium is at all worth bothering with is because you never know what the gently caress you're going to get.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Boba Pearl posted:

pupkin is the perfect example of weird outsider art I think.

It's goon art and no goon has ever gone outside

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden behind that heart shaped nose.
O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast!
Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself.
He loved Pupkin.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Precambrian posted:

I'd seen the first few Pupkin strips and heard the saga of the Crosby brothers a few times before on the forums, but it did not remotely prepare me for what Pupkin actually was.

Thank you for posting Pupkin.

I followed Superosity for a while when it was new, and accidentally got exposed to some Pupkin in the process. Thought it was a bit on the weird side back then.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Why is the sonic fan comic so much of posturing about how good they are gonna fight

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

It's Sonic Ball Z

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Hitmen for Destiny #280: You and your statues

=========================

Hitmen for Destiny #281: Book, belt and staff

=========================

Hitmen for Destiny #282: The world and the tablecloth A

joker-and-here-we-go.gif

:aaaaa:
This looks fun

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Selklubber posted:

This looks fun

Yeah. And coming so soon after the invisible castle it's really a double whammy of insanity.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Why is the sonic fan comic so much of posturing about how good they are gonna fight

foreplay, with fighting as a really obvious analogy

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The New Adventures of the Duck Avenger

water

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
Oh hey, different artist. I think I recognize this one from a story in which Donald and his clumsy cousin were tasked with monitoring Scrooge's satellite fleet.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ocean of Milk posted:

Oh hey, different artist. I think I recognize this one from a story in which Donald and his clumsy cousin were tasked with monitoring Scrooge's satellite fleet.

Ah, good ol' Fethry.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
A black duck? smh, why did they have to make donald duck political?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I mean, haven't you known people who love fighting? Half the fun is talking about it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

it is an anime

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

It's just warming the reader up to when they start doing the same thing for the loving.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Koburn posted:

A black duck? smh, why did they have to make donald duck political?

Is that a duck? The beak/bill/mouth looks different.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Selklubber posted:

This looks fun

HfD takes way too long to get going, particularly in this story arc, but that's over now. Everything from here on out is payoff and it's worth it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Ocean of Milk posted:

Yeah, I recognize most of these artists by style (Two was also drawn in a style I immediately recognized from some weirder stylistic comics), but neither the print comics nor the scanlations credit the artists anywhere. I'd credit them if I knew who they were.

E: I found a list of writers and artists on the Disney wiki. I'll go back and edit them into my posts, but also here they are:

Shadows on Venus: Written by Francesco Artibani and Simone Stenti, drawn by Claudio Sciarrone
Two: Written by Alessandro Sisti, drawn by Corrado Mastantuono and Paolo Mottura
The Day of the Cold Sun: Written by Alessandro Sisti, drawn by Claudio Sciarrone
Earthquake: Written by Francesco Artibani and Simone Stenti, drawn by Francesco Guerrini

So far, issues #1 and #4 share an author, as do #2 and #3, and #1 and #3 were both drawn by Claudo Sciarrone.

Looking down the list, Sisti and Artibani (but not Stenti, who is only listed for the above two comics) are credited for approximately a third of the comics each, with a handful of one-off authors and recurring names covering the rest, while the list of artists is rather more varied and Sciarrone is the only one who appears more than a handful of times.

rydiafan posted:

Is that a duck? The beak/bill/mouth looks different.

I think she's a hawk? There's not really any consistent art style outside the ubiquitous duck/beagle look of most characters. She appears in a couple later strips, usually with a similar beak, but has a flat-out duck bill in at least one instance.

The only Duck Avenger original character whose species is specified is Angus Fangus who, being a Maori tribesman, is a kiwi.

Zulily Zoetrope has a new favorite as of 22:41 on Nov 27, 2021

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I really like this page! Along with the earlier coffee cup match shots, it shows that the artist is trying to do something, which is always fun to see.

I read this issue when I was a kid and let me tell you, I drew the gently caress out of the PK submarine motorbike.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The earrings on that lady duck (hawk?) raise questions about what got pierced and why

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Scaramouche posted:

The earrings on that lady duck (hawk?) raise questions about what got pierced and why

It's part of her wig.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

John Lee posted:

I mean, haven't you known people who love fighting? Half the fun is talking about it.

Yeah like half the fun of Kung Fu Hustle is all the posturing Sing does about him getting ready to fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCQDycs2G3o

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Pinocchio
Chapter 8:

Geppetto makes Pinocchio a new pair of feet, and sells his coat to buy him an A-B-C book.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hitmen for Destiny #283: The world and the tablecloth B

===========================

Hitmen for Destiny #284: The world and the tablecloth C

Hitmen for Destiny #285: The world and the tablecloth D

Hitmen for Destiny #286: The world and the tablecloth E

Bodycount: 133 135
+the party hobbit
+that fisherman on the shore I'm pretty sure

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 05:16 on Nov 28, 2021

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Post pupkin in reverse. Nikpup.

.nikpuP gnivol rof uoy knahT

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I've lost track. Is this the one by the dude who got depressed and ragequit his entre work?